Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

If the Lakers Don't Win The Title This Year, they are a failure..Here's why

The fans have stated that Dwight Howard was a coward, lacked mental toughness and could not handle the LA spotlight. Kareem stated yesterday that Dwight was limited offensively as well defensively...The fans have stated that the Lakers are better off without Dwight Howard and that they do not need him. So therefore I declare...now

That the lakers should win a title this year...Kobe Bryant being injured is no excuse. With or without Kobe Bryant, the Lakers should win the title. If they do not...They are a complete and utter failure. If Kobe Bryant is not on the court for season opener, he is a complete failure who lacks mental toughness. NO EXCUSES....there is a sense of urgency and he needs to act like it....Kobe should start...and pick up exactly where the left off last year. I expect the Lakers to get the #1 seed in the western conference and win the NBA title....no exceptions....no excuses...now that Dwight Howard and Earl Clark are gone....the Lakers should be a far better team than they were last year....Title or BUST.....

They have the best players, and are a far more defensively sound team than they were last year...just look at their starting five...

pg nash
    sg Bryant
    sf Johnson
    pf Kaman
    c gasol

Plus they have the amazing all star talent Nick Young coming off the bench who once went 2 for 21 in a game last year for Philly and during the 2012 season with the wizards average a phenomenal 0.9 assists per game...Nick Young will not start as Kobe will be ready for the season opener...contrary to reports that he will not be ready...which we know is a pile of BS...Kobe is not Dwight Howard...he has mental toughness...and a sense of urgency...never mind that the average recovery period for an ACL is a year...Kobe will do it in less than 6 months...NO EXCUSES....

Go Lakers!!

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

lakers will have a better W/L ratio but that wont be enough to get them to the 2nd round.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i LOVE this post.. no quarter.

and of course utterly*impossible. ;D

Ratzz

i expect Dwight to have a STELLAR year... he will make sure of it.
    i think he absolutely hates Kobe.. and wants to show him how badlly he fugked up by treating him as he did

wait for the Rockets/lakers games.. Dwight will have over 30 pts./20 Rbs/8 blocks*

Menses

Agreed Ratzz....Howard is going to embaras the Lakers...and he will on purpose...It wouldn't surprise me to see McHale deliberately feed him the ball 40 times just to add insult to injury...Harden also despises Kobe for trying to show up Durant and Westbrook at the Olympics last year...the two almost fought earlier this year as well...I'm looking forward to it...

LOL....even though its a sarcastic post...Its intent is quite serious...The Lakers had better win that title...if they do not they should face the same kinda of hatred, criticism and outright public shame that the Miami Heat faced after coming up short against the Mavs. The Lakers have no excuse....Kareem just called Dwight stupid...therefore the Lakers should be a much smarter team this year...especially now that D'Antoni has had a full training camp to get his system running smoothly. After all this is a man who has since taking over the knicks has a total win loss record of 160-199...If he plays his cards right I imagine he might reach 250 losses by the end of the season...

GO LAKERS!!!

Menses

Now lets listen to what actual Laker Fans think of the upcoming season as far as the Lakers Go...its going to be a fantastic Season Folks!!

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Agreed Ratzz....Howard is going to embaras the Lakers...and he will on purpose...It wouldn't surprise me to see McHale deliberately feed him the ball 40 times just to add insult to injury...Harden also despises Kobe for trying to show up Durant and Westbrook at the Olympics last year...the two almost fought earlier this year as well...I'm looking forward to it...

LOL....even though its a sarcastic post...Its intent is quite serious...The Lakers had better win that title...if they do not they should face the same kinda of hatred, criticism and outright public shame that the Miami Heat faced after coming up short against the Mavs. The Lakers have no excuse....Kareem just called Dwight stupid...therefore the Lakers should be a much smarter team this year...especially now that D'Antoni has had a full training camp to get his system running smoothly. After all this is a man who has since taking over the knicks has a total win loss record of 160-199...If he plays his cards right I imagine he might reach 250 losses by the end of the season...

GO LAKERS!!!
    Harden almost fought Kobe?!?! *would love to see the footage of that.. if i was on a team with Kobe, and i was over 6' 6"... i would get in a fight with Kobe, no question.. i HATE bossy types... the dude is a great 1-on-1 player. Functions terribly on a team. Truly wrong sport.

was not expecting that out of Kareem... seems like a chill dude.. except for picking on Dwight. Listen, Kareem is brilliant, not just basketball. Everything. His command of the English language.. i saw him on Jeopardy.. it was hilarious, he absolutely SMOKED Reggie Jackson.. the Answers were not easy or dumbed down either, it was regular Jeopardy 15 yrs ago... not like today.. no pop culture clues

at the end Kareem had over $20K and Reggie Jackson had $0 (literally, nothing, not a single dollar.)

picking on Dwight was silly, not sure why he would do that..

D'Antoni/Nash were the wrong choices (oh, boy, were they wrong)
    but the D'Antoni decsion followed the Nash trade. Nash decision came first .

they lost FOUR players in that... TWO 1st Rounders, TWO 2nd Rounders... HILARIOUS..
    AND $9M a season.. for garbage-time basketball.... i LOVE it...

cheers to you, and the sinking Laker ship

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

Kaman oh no... This guy is as bad as it gets.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

dwight will have a tremendous yaer with the Rockets.

They will be good.

They will lose to OKC in WC finals. They will knock off Lakers

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

You and Ratzz are in serious need of therapy. This obsession is with the Lakers and Kobe is not healthy.

Lakers are just a Basketball team, Basketball is only a form of entertainment and Kobe Bryant is nothing more than an entertainer. It is not meant to be taken serious.

So, Please, Ratzz and Menses....

Please, do not clog up the NBA forum with this crap again this year. Ratzz has already said everything that could be said last year.

No one cares, no one is listening. No one of any significance will be replying to these. Time to move on.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i disagree, i like the anti-laker threads
    just one man's opinion here but i think they're funny

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by El Sol View Post
    You and Ratzz are in serious need of therapy. This obsession is with the Lakers and Kobe is not healthy.

Lakers are just a Basketball team, Basketball is only a form of entertainment and Kobe Bryant is nothing more than an entertainer. It is not meant to be taken serious.

Please, do not clog up the NBA forum with this crap again this year. Ratzz has already said everything that could be said last year.

No one cares, no one is listening. No one of any significance will be replying to these. Time to move on.
    Jolie has some nice lips...so you will get a pass this one time...but the next time you make a post like this...I will throw you in the ig box along with the rest of the kobetards....you and I both know that the Lakers regardless of potential are always a hot topic....if its good enough for those idiots at ESPN..its good enough for us.....and apparently interesting enough for you to take time out of your busy day to respond........

GO LAKERS!!

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    i disagree, i like the anti-laker threads
    just one man's opinion here but i think they're funny
    If you want to see funny...go take a look at Nick Young stat line from last night...I promise, you won't be disappointed...

GO LAKERS!!!

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

somebody needed to combat these zombie lakers fans
    menses and ratzzzzzz volunteered

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

nick young
    24 4-16 0-3 1-1 0 1 1 0 3 0 2 2 -9 9

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    nick young
    24 4-16 0-3 1-1 0 1 1 0 3 0 2 2 -9 9
    omg.. i LOVE IT....

please Season.. please start now!!

Ratzz

Menses is right.. Lakers are STACKED.

Laker fans are right to predict an absolute Finals appearance,
    and probable Finals win.

I am not sure how other teams are going to manage against them after this off-season's move by Kupchak.
    Young, Farmar, Kaman.. GTFO tha-way.

Lakers seemingly never run out of moves or money.
    Also, this is the year the Nash trade shows how deep and insightful the Laker vision of the future is.*

Experience trumps everything.*

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by El Sol View Post

The majority of the Lakers fans have a serious man crush on Kobe. They no-so-secretly wish they were in that hotel in Colorado instead of that girl who got rich off Kobe. In all seriousness, Kobe is done, Nash is almost done, Gasol will be injured in winter, Farmar sucks, Kaveman really sucks. The team will be swept in playoffs by either Spurs or Thunder again.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    The majority of the Lakers fans have a serious man crush on Kobe. They no-so-secretly wish they were in that hotel in Colorado instead of that girl who got rich off Kobe. In all seriousness, Kobe is done, Nash is almost done, Gasol will be injured in winter, Farmar sucks, Kaveman really sucks. The team will be swept in playoffs by either Spurs or Thunder again.
    Nah....Kobe not done, he just getting started. You need to have faith my man....Lakers are about to make a run!!!

ps Ratzz....notice how good the ball movement has been now that Kobe is out of the line up...Blake and Nash now get to be point guards instead of spot up shooters....Gasol is getting touches....this happens everytime Kobe is not in the lineup....I have watched 2 of the pre season games....they are playing team ball...the only ball hog is Nick Young...Kobe might have to have talk with him..hahahaha...

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    The majority of the Lakers fans have a serious man crush on Kobe.
    They no-so-secretly wish they were in that hotel in Colorado instead of that girl
    who got rich off Kobe.

In all seriousness, Kobe is done, Nash is almost done, Gasol will be injured in winter, Farmar sucks, Kaveman really sucks. The team will be swept in playoffs by either Spurs or Thunder again.
    lol... this rules.. and is right on.. it's incredible how much of his crap they eat, and even encourage more.. excellent post

Ratzz

Nah....Kobe not done, he just getting started. You need to have faith my man....Lakers are about to make a run!!!

ps Ratzz....notice how good the ball movement has been now that Kobe is out of the line up...Blake and Nash now get to be point guards instead of spot up shooters....Gasol is getting touches....this happens everytime Kobe is not in the lineup....I have watched 2 of the pre season games....they are playing team ball...the only ball hog is Nick Young...Kobe might have to have talk with him..hahahaha...
    i agree... they played much better with him out last year... the inly time where shot attempts were evenly distributed amongst the entire team..

with Kobe in he takes 2X sometime 3X as many as the player with the second most..
    how can you expect to win with one person to guard..?

watch they will be just below .500 until Kobe comes..

then go 1-9 in their first 10 games with him back..

can't wait

Monta Ellis to Dallas looks like a helluva move so far. just one look, but still

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Dumbest thread I have read in awhile! With Kobe banged up and that trash heap of an old banged up roster just making the post season should be a victory for this squad. Put your hate aside for 2 seconds and use a little common sense once in awhile!

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Dumbest thread I have read in awhile! With Kobe banged up and that trash heap of an old banged up roster just making the post season should be a victory for this squad. Put your hate aside for 2 seconds and use a little common sense once in awhile!
    LOL...oh ye, of little faith.......this Laker team is far better than you realize...and Kobe will be ready for the start of the season...they are a lock for a championship this year...remember, Dwight is no longer with them....this team will shock the world I am telling you!!!

GO LAKERS!!

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

i bet the lakers fans and management " cannot wait" for the season to start

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

You are a fukking idiot and the only person on the planet saying Lakers in the finals. Only reason you are doing this is to build them up just to spend all season spending your pathetic existence breaking them down again. If you truly believe L.A is a leading title contender then you don't know shit bout the game!

Ratzz

RP, relax bud, all i think Mens' is saying is:

that IF a team has the MOST expensive payroll for a year, they are SUPPOSED to at least MAKE the Finals..

and IF however, the same team has the most expensive payroll in the NBA for two years running–*
    they will DEFINITELY win it..

and SHOULD sweep.

i mean.. that's all, really... it's not crazy.

it'll happen. watch*

Ratzz

i predict the Lakers go 16-2 in the Playoffs.. sweep Finals. All four double-digit wins.

Nash (two time MVP) is too good a passer.. now with Dwight gone, there is nothing to stop
    the Lakers from steamrolling their opponents..

D12 is what messed them up last year.. clogging up the middle.. slowing the train down.

Kupchak really did not want to make that trade (who would?)
    but Stern forced him..*

but now Stern is gone, so the Lakers are free of Stern AND Dwight to dominate once again.

People will soon realize that the NBA exists just to feed the Lakers..
    much like a people keep*mice to feed a pet python

or goldfish for their pet Piranha*

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Highest payroll does not always get a title or in some cases even a playoff birth. Ask the Yanks and Halos in mlb how that works. Point is you are so misguided with your Kobe hate you don't think straight. Lakers not even he best team in their own city and far from best in the west or league. Just because you spend $ does not mean it's well spent. All their money is wrapped up in guys late in their careers who will never survive an 82 game season + playoffs. And lets not forget how bad D'Antoni is.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Retarded thread. Great work.

Ratzz

I swear.. people just don't understand basketball..

look at tonight's game for example.

Sacramento @ Lakers

the Lakers SCORED 26 PTS IN THE 2ND QTR ALONE.

26 PTS.

I know it's just a home game.. but look at Nash's passing..
    dude looks even better than when he won the two MVPs...

it's sick... and now with Howard gone to really open things up.
    it's basically a done-deal when Kobe comes back,
    because he will come back even stronger than before the injury, GUARANTEED.

Lakers win title. Easy.

Ratzz

oh.. and forget that Vegas had this game as a (pick 'em)

that's bogus. Vegas really doesn't understand basketball like i do,

Lakers are just saving wins for the reg. season and playoffs.

Menses

You are a fukking idiot and the only person on the planet saying Lakers in the finals. Only reason you are doing this is to build them up just to spend all season spending your pathetic existence breaking them down again. If you truly believe L.A is a leading title contender then you don't know shit bout the game!
    Dude? are you a Boston or fan or something? I'm sensing a little jealousy here...just trying to be honest..I really don't see anybody beating this Laker team this year...I think they have a shot at 72 wins....give or take...but that's just me....

Menses

Highest payroll does not always get a title or in some cases even a playoff birth. Ask the Yanks and Halos in mlb how that works. Point is you are so misguided with your Kobe hate you don't think straight. Lakers not even he best team in their own city and far from best in the west or league. Just because you spend $ does not mean it's well spent. All their money is wrapped up in guys late in their careers who will never survive an 82 game season + playoffs. And lets not forget how bad D'Antoni is.
    Nonsense......D'antoni is a fine coach and I know this because Jeremy Lin said so...this man led the Knicks to a staggering 60-64 record while Alienating the NBA's best pure scorer Carmelo Anthony...with his no defense style of play...I just don't see anybody challenging this Laker team....

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    I swear.. people just don't understand basketball..

look at tonight's game for example.

Sacramento @ Lakers

the Lakers SCORED 26 PTS IN THE 2ND QTR ALONE.

26 PTS.

I know it's just a home game.. but look at Nash's passing..
    dude looks even better than when he won the two MVPs...

it's sick... and now with Howard gone to really open things up.
    it's basically a done-deal when Kobe comes back,
    because he will come back even stronger than before the injury, GUARANTEED.

Lakers win title. Easy.
    Not only that but Meeks and Young missed a combine 14 shots...while Steve Blake went 0 for 10 from the field...while the team went a staggering 8 for 32 from the 3 point line...I know its early but this team is really starting to jell....

Ratzz

Not only that but Meeks and Young missed a combine 14 shots...while Steve Blake went 0 for 10 from the field...while the team went a staggering 8 for 32 from the 3 point line...I know its early but this team is really starting to jell....

LOL it reads like prose *

123 Last