OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

How in the world do the Lakers win tonight?

Clippers on 5th game in 7 nights, as well as B2B, but we're still talking about the Lakers here. This is one of the worst ATS teams in the NBA as well as a bottom tier NBA team. The Clippers could be tired but with the break and the primetime lights on to define the king of LA, I don't see them letting a little fatigue slow them up.

Is the call in to keep this one close (who is officiating) for the sake of the NBA or should we not overthink this one?

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Can you please stop with the "battle of LA"/"king of LA" bullshit. I live 2 blocks from staples center, have season tickets to both teams, grew up in LA etc. This will never be a Clipper town unless they go on a 17-0 championship run over the Lakers. Every Laker game, even vs the bobcats, is sold out and all the bars and restaurants in downtown get slammed. Sometimes it doesnt even look like theres an event going on at clippers games.

The clippers are for the slews of transplants that move to LA and cant afford to see their team when they come to town to play the Lakers, so they settle for clippers games.

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Lakers are done for

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big brother bests Lil brother tonight

TheDane
    TheDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12808

I think it's a matter of time before Grant Hill has a big game, wouldn't bet against the Clips tonight.

OhMyEli

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Can you please stop with the "battle of LA"/"king of LA" bullshit. I live 2 blocks from staples center, have season tickets to both teams, grew up in LA etc. This will never be a Clipper town unless they go on a 17-0 championship run over the Lakers. Every Laker game, even vs the bobcats, is sold out and all the bars and restaurants in downtown get slammed. Sometimes it doesnt even look like theres an event going on at clippers games.

The clippers are for the slews of transplants that move to LA and cant afford to see their team when they come to town to play the Lakers, so they settle for clippers games.
    the books make lots of money on Lakers fans like yourself.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Lakers actually have a higher power ranking last 10 games. Paul and quality of opponent can explain that but really you must not watch much NBA to say "How any team can beat any other team" on any given night much less a b2b.

My beef is Lakers should be favored by -.5 here. I think the case could be made playing any of the teams tonight is square.

Nhan4ever
    Nhan4ever's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 385

The clippers are a great team but could never compare to the lakers, ever, period.
    what they need to do is change their name and their city. We have all been to staples center, and nothing indicates that clippers play there no banners no statues no retired numbers NOTHING.

hazeee
    hazeee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 955

Lakers are garbage and I revel in times like these.

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

lakers got some of the best talent and when they get their crap in order I think they will be super tuff. Who knows that may never happen lol

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post
    the books make lots of money on Lakers fans like yourself.
    They do? That's weird. Because I rarely bet Lakers games and when I do 90% of the time i'm betting against them. But damn since you have a crystal ball maybe i'll take Clips tonight!

Mr. Green
    Mr. Green's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4048

Is Kobe playing tonight or taking the night off like he did on Tuesday?

Nhan4ever

As a Lakers fan I must say I’m not giving up on the greatest franchise ever . 16,17 x champs,, 5 in the last 10 years is amazing! Too bad we don’t have Phil ? Dr Buss will bring Phil back as coach next year if d’antonie doesn’t make it to playoffs? Kobe will not retire until he gets his 6 ring! Heat or other teams may repeat but they will never 3 peat only Lakers know how to do that! Lakers always come back to the top it don’t matter the cost, they need to be broken down in order to rebuild. Clippers is temporary now this year only but the Lakers are will forever be the greatest in LA and NBA. Everyone all over the world know it! Not just in the U S

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Nhan4ever View Post
    As a Lakers fan I must say I’m not giving up on the greatest franchise ever . 16,17 x champs,, 5 in the last 10 years is amazing! Too bad we don’t have Phil ? Dr Buss will bring Phil back as coach next year if d’antonie doesn’t make it to playoffs? Kobe will not retire until he gets his 6 ring! Heat or other teams may repeat but they will never 3 peat only Lakers know how to do that! Lakers always come back to the top it don’t matter the cost, they need to be broken down in order to rebuild. Clippers is temporary now this year only but the Lakers are will forever be the greatest in LA and NBA. Everyone all over the world know it! Not just in the U S
    Lakers can't bring back Phil and pay 3 coaches. But yes I agree this Clips hard-on is temporary. Look at how they played when CP3 was out. They lost their brain as a team. Let's see the Clips beat OKC or the Spurs in a 7-game series. Popovich will dismantle that fake ass flop-city squad and force it to be a half-court game. It's like the basketball gods sent this Clippers team here so the haters can congregate for a little while until they go back to decades of being humiliated.

Nhan4ever

Lakers can't bring back Phil and pay 3 coaches. But yes I agree this Clips hard-on is temporary. Look at how they played when CP3 was out. They lost their brain as a team. Let's see the Clips beat OKC or the Spurs in a 7-game series. Popovich will dismantle that fake ass flop-city squad and force it to be a half-court game. It's like the basketball gods sent this Clippers team here so the haters can congregate for a little while until they go back to decades of being humiliated.
    clippers are a good team not a great team. I have not seen anything that tells me they are great. I know they will make playoffs and even get to the second round that's it

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Lakers are a "bottom tier" team? LOL okay keep thinking that while you bet against them and then after they make the playoffs keep betting against them and watch what happens. Understand basketball. Keep looking at records.

ashulga
    ashulga's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they bring same intensity they brought against OKC couple of sundays back, same way. Role players really got to step up too

riffraff24

Kobe wins it tonight for Jerry

ashulga
    ashulga's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clippers are gassed too. Who saw second half last night? All that run and gun first half, they had nothing left after first quarter, neither starters nor reserves. Lakers win this outright. Father time is the best defender, but 4 games in 5 might throughout nba history has been close second lol

JumpoffJoeBeezy
    JumpoffJoeBeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2136

... Lakers fans are so cute.

OhMyEli

They do? That's weird. Because I rarely bet Lakers games and when I do 90% of the time i'm betting against them. But damn since you have a crystal ball maybe i'll take Clips tonight!
    How does my sack taste homer

OhMyEli

riffraff where you at your Lakers got jukked tonight

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

the closest the game was for the Lakers was tip-off:

CLIPPERS*0
    LAKERS*0

(Lakers were*covering the +3*also at tip-off)*is that bet available anywhere.. anyone?

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kobe wins it tonight for Jerry
    i suppose this proves that Kobe only cares for himself.
    even with Buss in the hospital.. he fails to inspire/ lead team to victory