KidSeoul
    KidSeoul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Knicks +4.5 ???

Is it just me or shouldn't the Knicks be favored in this game? Or at worst a pickem?? 76er's just lost Richardson and I can't see Holiday and Young beating Melo and Co. I'm definitely pounding this one before it moves too much overnight. +4.5 is a gift!

TC Woods
    TC Woods's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Quote Originally Posted by KidSeoul View Post
    Is it just me or shouldn't the Knicks be favored in this game? Or at worst a pickem?? 76er's just lost Richardson and I can't see Holiday and Young beating Melo and Co. I'm definitely pounding this one before it moves too much overnight. +4.5 is a gift!
    Agreed

KidSeoul

Can't wait to jump on the ML as well. Should be around +180 or +190 for the Knicks.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Philly or no play. This is a public burial waiting to happen.

ball so hard u
    ball so hard u's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

I agree I jumped on the Knicks right away, what makes you say that sport_fish

ball so hard u

did you watch todays game, I know the Knicks were making a lot of shots, which wont always tend to be the case but Carmelo just looked TOO good, I feel like the Knicks win outright 2mrw

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

under

ball so hard u

under is nice unless they're making theyre three pointers like today... although it still went under cuz of good defense on the Knicks part, Philly was giving the Knicks wide open threes...

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Knicks went under on miami game as well but I think that o/u line is basically a coin flip so ill pass. as far as the spread Im not gonna try ant think to sharp here and just go with Knicks who have had the hot hand. Not like they are going to relax because they beat them today

Line moved down to 4 almost right after i made my bets
    Last edited by brainfreeze0; 11-04-12 at 11:40 PM.

vincanity15
    vincanity15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Knicks will be a good fade when Stoudamire comes back. For now i like them.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Knicks are good this year i'm telling you guys.

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

Philly is a fav caused they're tough at home & the knicks has yet to play a road game, but i like the Knicks in this spot after the 2 wins performance, they have up sized in added veterans such Sheed & Kidds.

RalphWayne
    kKHAL KALASH
    RalphWayne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Jason Kidd is the big difference in the knicks this year. Crafty veteran who has seen and done it all.

KidSeoul

Damn, checked every hour this morning from 7am to 10am and no ML. Now Knicks are now at +3 and the ML is +135. Looks like I will just stick to the 4.5 points I got last night.

bigjah15
    bigjah15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Looks like a trap. Philly or no play

ZachShalack420
    ZachShalack420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Knicks fan goin Knicks +3 FTW. They just lost Richardson, and every team playing NY soft cause of Super Strom Sandy.

Lock???? lol

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Philly or no play. This is a public burial waiting to happen.

While normally you'd be right here, in this case I have to disagree. Knicks are deeper and a better team right now. I expect them to win again SU. Both teams are on the B2B, both teams traveled to the same location, got the same rest, etc. Knicks could lose if the 3 ball isn't falling, but they should stay within the number.

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Quote Originally Posted by bigjah15 View Post
    Looks like a trap. Philly or no play
    Trap is a strong word but still I kind of agree and no play for me. Knicks look in the zone right now draining threes left and right. I can't go against that but can't take them either because of the home-and-home. Philly looked ok too, they simply couldn't keep up with the frantic scoring.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Knicks are good this year i'm telling you guys.
    Yeah of course they are, but doesn't mean they're winning every game. OKC is also good, how do they lose SU to an injured Hawks team? Miami is also good this year, about as good as they've ever been, how did they lose to Knicks?

Have to consider more than what team is 'better' on paper. I seriously believe this is a trap set-up by bookies. As people mentioned, same travel/rest for both teams, but Knicks pretty much ran over this team yet they're 4.5 pt dogs on the road. Almost 9 point swing ? Begging for Knicks money.

lurk
    lurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Yeah of course they are, but doesn't mean they're winning every game. OKC is also good, how do they lose SU to an injured Hawks team? Miami is also good this year, about as good as they've ever been, how did they lose to Knicks?

Have to consider more than what team is 'better' on paper. I seriously believe this is a trap set-up by bookies. As people mentioned, same travel/rest for both teams, but Knicks pretty much ran over this team yet they're 4.5 pt dogs on the road. Almost 9 point swing ? Begging for Knicks money.
    Begging for Knicks money sounds like a "trap" to me and it definitely seems like they're begging for it...not quite smart enough to understand why but I'm staying far away from this one...good luck to everyone going knicks on the spread as long as my sixers win!

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

First road game, Vegas unsure on how the Knicks will perform on the road. Sixers are usually pretty solid at home. Game will be much closer bc I doubt Knicks will drain the 3s again, however they are a far superior team right now I believe. Close game. +4.5 was a good bet

bigjah15

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    While normally you'd be right here, in this case I have to disagree. Knicks are deeper and a better team right now. I expect them to win again SU. Both teams are on the B2B, both teams traveled to the same location, got the same rest, etc. Knicks could lose if the 3 ball isn't falling, but they should stay within the number.
    Yea then why aren't the Knicks favored? I understand home court but I don't think it was worth 4.5 points in this spot. Line should of been Knicks -1.5 IMO . Books knew Knicks would be a public play, I think Philly gets by with a win

brainfreeze0

I think ppl are trying to be way to sharp here. Knicks have been solid vs Miami and Philly, 2 solid teams. Bookies did it to ppl last year betting on Spurs opponents and Spurs ran 20+ deficits on many of them and beat the spread on a majority of them. Do ppl believe Knicks went through some other dimension before they get to Philly tonight and will all of a sudden be playing bad? Philly has actually had to travel twice, once to NY and once back from it. Whatever Vegas was hoping to gain by putting NY as dogs it seems to be working. While I do agree it will be a closer score I'm pretty confident in my NY spread to cover.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze0 View Post
    I think ppl are trying to be way to sharp here. Knicks have been solid vs Miami and Philly, 2 solid teams. Bookies did it to ppl last year betting on Spurs opponents and Spurs ran 20+ deficits on many of them and beat the spread on a majority of them. Do ppl believe Knicks went through some other dimension before they get to Philly tonight and will all of a sudden be playing bad? Philly has actually had to travel twice, once to NY and once back from it. Whatever Vegas was hoping to gain by putting NY as dogs it seems to be working. While I do agree it will be a closer score I'm pretty confident in my NY spread to cover.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

MFDoom013
    MFDoom013's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Line is down to 2 1/2. I'm starting to dig Philly in this spot quite a bit.

brainfreeze0

Had they Knicks at -2 1/2 the whole world would be on NY. Vegas doing a good job of attracting th sharps

MFDoom013

We'll see. I think people are quick to forget the difference between the MSG Knicks and any other Knicks team. It's a stark contrast.

brainfreeze0

Just curious of what ppl think has changed between the 2 teams between yesterday and today?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ball so hard u

MFDoom013

Just curious of what ppl think has changed between the 2 teams between yesterday and today?
    The venue they are playing at, for starters.

brainfreeze0

Quote Originally Posted by MFDoom013 View Post
    Line is down to 2 1/2. I'm starting to dig Philly in this spot quite a bit.
    BTW, were you expecting the line to go the other way and give Knicks more points. The line went down because so many ppl were taking the Knicks spread that Vegas is closing the gap lest the Knicks lose by less. The line movement shows that they arent confident in Philly beating Knicks by at least 4 1/2 points anymore like they were. This is more of a nod towards NY not Philly

brainfreeze0

Quote Originally Posted by MFDoom013 View Post
    The venue they are playing at, for starters.
    So you think playing in Philly will diminish NY's ability from the 16 pt deficit they beat Philly by yesterday to 20 1/2 less points to lose the spread today? Does Philly's arena have some type of magical powers, kind of like when Paul Bearer used to hold the urn up to the Undertaker?

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Personally, I think people are under valuing home court advantage (which is huge in the NBA). Mello puts up a lot of shots and is a streaky shooter, the same with JR smith. I just dont see them staying hot in philly and the sixers are no scrubs, they play hard.

bigjah15

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles27 View Post
    Personally, I think people are under valuing home court advantage (which is huge in the NBA). Mello puts up a lot of shots and is a streaky shooter, the same with JR smith. I just dont see them staying hot in philly and the sixers are no scrubs, they play hard.
    ^^^^

brainfreeze0

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles27 View Post
    Didn't seem to help Durant and Westbrook yesterday or Griffin and Paul the day before. 2 superstar teamsplaying against inferior teams unlike Knicks and Philly tonight
    Last edited by brainfreeze0; 11-05-12 at 12:49 PM.

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

So you think playing in Philly will diminish NY's ability from the 16 pt deficit they beat Philly by yesterday to 20 1/2 less points to lose the spread today? Does Philly's arena have some type of magical powers, kind of like when Paul Bearer used to hold the urn up to the Undertaker?
    Come on, we all know home court advantage is very real in this sport. How could it not be with the crowd so close to the players. Add to that the difference in hunger for the win in these two teams since yesterday and there you go. I'm still not touching this game though.

12 Last