brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it cant happen. I just think homecourt advantage and revenge factor is not enough to diminish the force the knicks have been playing with vs solid teams lately

MFDoom013
    MFDoom013's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze0 View Post
    BTW, were you expecting the line to go the other way and give Knicks more points. The line went down because so many ppl were taking the Knicks spread that Vegas is closing the gap lest the Knicks lose by less. The line movement shows that they arent confident in Philly beating Knicks by at least 4 1/2 points anymore like they were. This is more of a nod towards NY not Philly
    Of course the public is all over New York getting 4 1/2, that doesn't surprise me. I'm surprised the bookies are reacting so much though. I figured they wanted action on New York setting the line like that.

brainfreeze0

Quote Originally Posted by MFDoom013 View Post
    Of course the public is all over New York getting 4 1/2, that doesn't surprise me. I'm surprised the bookies are reacting so much though. I figured they wanted action on New York setting the line like that.
    Not if it means they could lose their ass by giving up so many points. They are trying to get ppl to jump on Philly more now to balance the action. Had they really been as confident in Philly to win they would have given more to NY or at the very least left the spread alone. If they were really confident in Philly doing at least one of those 2 things would have given them a huge payout when Philly beats the spread.

MFDoom013
    MFDoom013's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

I'm on the fence about this game and the Dallas game. I like Philly -2 1/2 and Portland +4 1/2... but I don't love them. I love GS +2 and Brooklyn -7 1/2. Think I'll just throw a couple of teams in on the ML and call it a day on a parlay and leave this thing alone.

brainfreeze0

I took Dallas over Portland who won against a gassed Harden who played 42 minutes the night before. Im on GS and the over. Sitting out the Nets game

lurk
    lurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Not if it means they could lose their ass by giving up so many points. They are trying to get ppl to jump on Philly more now to balance the action. Had they really been as confident in Philly to win they would have given more to NY or at the very least left the spread alone. If they were really confident in Philly doing at least one of those 2 things would have given them a huge payout when Philly beats the spread.
    I think it showed a lot of confidence in Philly with how things opened up. A little curious they didn't leave it alone but maybe more money on NY coming in than the confidence in Philly at 4.5. My completely uninformed guess would be that line movement is more about money/damage control than about lost confidence in Philly at 4.5. I'm not going near it (still too early in season for me personally to do anything but flip a coin on game like this) but just based off movements I'd think Philly at 2.5 looks more value than vegas weakening stance.

brainfreeze0

Also to put this in context, the other night when Clippers played Lakers the original handicap out of Vegas was set at Lakers -3. However by gametime it was Clippers -3. Clippers won that game by 10+

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Philly wins. They win big.

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Didn't seem to help Durant and Westbrook yesterday or Griffin and Paul the day before. 2 superstar teamsplaying against inferior teams unlike Knicks and Philly tonight
    Personally, I saw the OKC let down yesterday coming a mile away. The clips game, if you watched it, had the clippers played like that in Golden State, they would have gotten blown out. Golden State came out and had one of those games where everything was going there way, and even then, the clippers almost had them.

brainfreeze0

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles27 View Post
    Personally, I saw the OKC let down yesterday coming a mile away. The clips game, if you watched it, had the clippers played like that in Golden State, they would have gotten blown out. Golden State came out and had one of those games where everything was going there way, and even then, the clippers almost had them.
    A lot of bs calls that game.

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

A lot of bs calls that game.
    Yea, I only needed the Cips to win, I had them in some crazy parlay (I forget which teams), but that loss made me lose my entire parlay. I was pissed lol

ball so hard u
    ball so hard u's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles27 View Post
    Personally, I think people are under valuing home court advantage (which is huge in the NBA). Mello puts up a lot of shots and is a streaky shooter, the same with JR smith. I just dont see them staying hot in philly and the sixers are no scrubs, they play hard.
    Did you see Melo yesterday though? he was working them inside, he's gonna do the same tonight

brainfreeze0

Knicks shooting terrible and still up by 4. Lets go NY

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

4.5?
    Damn, I got +2.

hundredbombs
    hundredbombs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 952

The knicks are actually playing D, wow. Prugioni will be very important to them if he keeps up this pace.

brainfreeze0

Wonder how many sharps Vegas pulled over to Philly on this game

First 12