Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    What would you expect him to say, "Eh, I'm just gonna go out there and do my best..." ? lol of course that's what he PLANS to do... but has he been practically living in the gym?? how mentally focused is he?? not much, i don't think. after barely beating dongi yang, in a fight a lot of people thought he lost, he came out looking terrible against Philipou. He cruised his way to a loss as if he was winning the fight. No drive or will to win in that fight, whatsoever. I hope his training regimen hasn't changed since the last fight to this.
    This is my point Gabe. Just flippant comments that have no substance...how do you know it was because of his training regiment? Do you not think Philipou's far superior boxing and footwork had anything to do with it? Im not disagreeing with you, Ring should be able to beat him, he's a lot more technical and refined than Court, but just assuming tht Ring will be more prepared and wants it more just doesnt make sense to me

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Simply put: Ring belongs in the UFC. McGee doesn't.

By beating McGee, Ring envisions he will take McGee's TUF title and make it his. After that win, Ring vs Philipou would make sense. But Ring probably wouldn't fight for another 9 months, Consta likes to fight as often as possible.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Simply put: Ring belongs in the UFC. McGee doesn't.

By beating McGee, Ring envisions he will take McGee's TUF title and make it his. After that win, Ring vs Philipou would make sense. But Ring probably wouldn't fight for another 9 months, Consta likes to fight as often as possible.
    Could well happen

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    This is my point Gabe. Just flippant comments that have no substance...how do you know it was because of his training regiment? Do you not think Philipou's far superior boxing and footwork had anything to do with it? Im not disagreeing with you, Ring should be able to beat him, he's a lot more technical and refined than Court, but just assuming tht Ring will be more prepared and wants it more just doesnt make sense to me
    It wouldn't make sense to me, either. I didn't say he will win because he is more prepared and wants it more. What's wrong with you, man? I clearly said he is faster and more talented on the feet and wherever the fight goes. I added that McGee's only chance would be if he made major improvements from his last fight to this one, especially in his training. Sometimes you see a fighter who looks terrible, but in his next fight he's so good you go 'WTF?' - A scenario like that is the only way I envision McGee winning, which is what I said... and also, like I said, I don't think he's changed too much from his last fight to this one...

Yes, it was Costa's boxing that won the fight, but my point was that McGee showed no desire to win. He wasn't going for anything. He was just cruising to a decision loss. Disappointing.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Nick Ring -140 (5/5)

This is Nick Ring’s fight to lose, and the odds suggest it’s a great play. Court McGee is flat-footed and slow whereas Ring’s got good movement and is pretty fast for a MW, especially in the first half of his fights… I think worst case scenario, Ring wins a close 29-28 decision, but I don’t see it being that close. Ring has been out of action for a while, but I expect him to show up healthy, in shape, and prepared. Nick has the ability to control where the fight goes. He beat McGee once on TUF, and he will beat him again. He is simply a much better fighter than Court McGee. He’s made some improvements in his game, while McGee has begun his decline. I had Nick Ring capped at -215, so I think he’s a steal at anything up to -180.

A few 5/5 plays on this card...
    what v is referring to

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

It wouldn't make sense to me, either. I didn't say he will win because he is more prepared and wants it more. What's wrong with you, man? I clearly said he is faster and more talented on the feet and wherever the fight goes. I added that McGee's only chance would be if he made major improvements from his last fight to this one, especially in his training. Sometimes you see a fighter who looks terrible, but in his next fight he's so good you go 'WTF?' - A scenario like that is the only way I envision McGee winning, which is what I said... and also, like I said, I don't think he's changed too much from his last fight to this one...

Yes, it was Costa's boxing that won the fight, but my point was that McGee showed no desire to win. He wasn't going for anything. He was just cruising to a decision loss. Disappointing.
    Where did I say tht u said that he'll win because he wants it more?! I said quite clearly tht Ring should win because he is more technical and refined. Then I said that u are suggesting that Ring will be more prepared and want it more (which is quite obviously a factor in u thinking Ring will win) but I didnt say "more prepared and want it more and thus will win" did I?

Rather than lack of desire to win, I think it was more to do with being completely outclassed and having no idea how to close the distance and deal with Costas' counter striking and power therefore just plodded along and before he knew it his time was up

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    what v is referring to
    I was saying that after a long layoff, I don't expect him to be rusty. I expect him to be ready. I didn't say he will win because he will be healthy and McGee won't. Seriously, what is wrong with you guys?

Bradbatross
    Bradbatross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

What other 5/5s do you have on this card Gabe?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Where did I say tht u said that he'll win because he wants it more?! I said quite clearly tht Ring should win because he is more technical and refined. Then I said that u are suggesting that Ring will be more prepared and want it more (which is quite obviously a factor in u thinking Ring will win) but I didnt say "more prepared and want it more and thus will win" did I?

Rather than lack of desire to win, I think it was more to do with being completely outclassed and having no idea how to close the distance and deal with Costas' counter striking and power therefore just plodded along and before he knew it his time was up

"just assuming tht Ring will be more prepared and wants it more just doesnt make sense to me"

well, i never said he wants it more... and i didn't really say he will be more prepared, either. i just said he will be prepared. i expect them both to be prepared. but if they're equally prepared, it's nick's fight. if court has been practically living in the gym and has had this fight on his mind 24/7, then he stands a good shot... but i'm betting against that.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

sidenote: i know someone training with a dude who has a fight coming up and i hear this guy is looking terrible in training... fade!!!!!!!!!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I was saying that after a long layoff, I don't expect him to be rusty. I expect him to be ready. I didn't say he will win because he will be healthy and McGee won't. Seriously, what is wrong with you guys?
    Your missing the point. What I'm saying is if some nooob who had no idea who Ring or McGee were and came in to this thread and read it he'd probably surmise from what you've put that Court has no will to win, or desire, or determination, or however you wanna put it, when in fact, what Im arguing, is that he does have that, and in fact is his main strength which has got him where he's at so far. Moreover, what Im saying is that his issues lie in his lack of technique and lack of natural ability rather than a will to win.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

sidenote: i know someone training with a dude who has a fight coming up and i hear this guy is looking terrible in training... fade!!!!!!!!!!
    Armenian friend and Armenian fighter? Has to be Karo?!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

"just assuming tht Ring will be more prepared and wants it more just doesnt make sense to me"

well, i never said he wants it more... and i didn't really say he will be more prepared, either. i just said he will be prepared. i expect them both to be prepared. but if they're equally prepared, it's nick's fight. if court has been practically living in the gym and has had this fight on his mind 24/7, then he stands a good shot... but i'm betting against that.
    Well ur saying tht u think Ring will be prepared (in your first post) and then your questioning Mcgee's focus (which is a key part of preparation)..."how mentally focused is he?? not much, i don't think" which suggests that you think Ring will be more prepared, does it not?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Your missing the point. What I'm saying is if some nooob who had no idea who Ring or McGee were and came in to this thread and read it he'd probably surmise from what you've put that Court has no will to win, or desire, or determination, or however you wanna put it, when in fact, what Im arguing, is that he does have that, and in fact is his main strength which has got him where he's at so far. Moreover, what Im saying is that his issues lie in his lack of technique and lack of natural ability rather than a will to win.
    I don't see how someone would get that idea since I never said that. Court McGee is a fighter with a big heart and will to win. That was never questioned. Let me repeat for the 20th time: What I said was that the only way I see him winning is he has made improvements in his training and in his game. That does not mean he won't heart it out for a 3 round decision loss.

Yeah, McGee showed no will to win against Philipou. That was the only time he has looked like he wasn't trying to win. That showed a decline, IMO. Whether he is like that against Ring or if he shows his usual desire to win, it's still Nick Ring's fight. Unless, again, if McGee's been focused 24/7 on this fight...which I don't think he has been...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Armenian friend and Armenian fighter? Has to be Karo?!
    no armenians

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Well ur saying tht u think Ring will be prepared (in your first post) and then your questioning Mcgee's focus (which is a key part of preparation)..."how mentally focused is he?? not much, i don't think" which suggests that you think Ring will be more prepared, does it not?
    it doesn't mean ring will be more prepared, it just means that he will be prepared. if they're equally prepared, ring wins. ring doesn't have to be more prepared to win. but mcgee does.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

i don't get how any of this isn't clear lol wow

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Shawn Jordan -125 (5/5)

I believe he is better in every aspect and will be able to hold his own wherever the fight goes. I expect him to finish the fight, but if he doesn't, there shouldn't be a question who the decision goes to.

Beelzebubzy

Gabe 3 locks on one card!!!!! Did you parlay that ticket?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

5 huge plays for this card

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

haven't put all my bets in, yet. lines for ring fight still not up for me

Beelzebubzy

Get that money gabe.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I'm 25-5 for the month of July-- I'm either gonna finish the month on a very positive note, or with a downfall. I'm feeling very confident, though. This card would make me excited every time I would look at it. It's finally here. Let's get it!! $$$$$$$$

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

5 Team - Parlay
    Ticket #: 59655908
    Accepted: 07/17/12 6:50 PM (EST)
    Risk: $45.00
    Win: $401.33
    Outcome: Pending

#961 - Pittsburgh Pirates +1½ (-175)
    Header: Pittsburgh (49-40) @ Colorado (35-54)
    Sport: MLB
    Label: National League
    Pitchers: Listed - E Bedard/C Friedrich
    Scheduled : 07/17/12 8:40 PM (EST)

#963 - Houston Astros +1½ (-200)
    Header: Houston (34-56) @ San Diego (36-55)
    Label: National League
    Pitchers: Listed - J Lyles/R Ohlendorf
    Scheduled : 07/17/12 10:05 PM (EST)

#979 - Texas Rangers ML (-110)
    Header: Texas (54-35) @ Oakland (46-43)
    Label: American League
    Pitchers: Listed - R Oswalt/B Colon
    Scheduled : 07/17/12 10:05 PM (EST)

#90032 - Hector Lombard ML (-350)
    Header: Tim Boetsch (15-4-0) vs Hector Lombard (31-2-1)
    Sport: UFC
    Label: UFC 149
    Scheduled : 07/21/12 10:45 PM (EST)

#90062 - Shawn Jordan ML (-140)
    Header: Cheick Kongo (17-7-2) vs Shawn Jordan (13-3-0)
    Scheduled : 07/21/12 10:15 PM (EST)
    $45.00 $401.33
    3 Team - Parlay
    Ticket #: 59653185
    Accepted: 07/17/12 4:54 PM (EST)
    Risk: $32.00
    Win: $70.59

#90002 - Renan Barao ML (-220)
    Header: Urijah Faber (26-5-0) vs Renan Pegado "Barao" (28-1-0)
    Scheduled : 07/21/12 11:30 PM (EST)

#90032 - Hector Lombard ML (-350)
    Header: Tim Boetsch (15-4-0) vs Hector Lombard (31-2-1)
    Scheduled : 07/21/12 10:45 PM (EST)

#90062 - Shawn Jordan ML (-140)
    Header: Cheick Kongo (17-7-2) vs Shawn Jordan (13-3-0)
    Scheduled : 07/21/12 10:15 PM (EST)
    $32.00 $70.59
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 08-20-14 at 05:10 PM.

Bradbatross

Shawn Jordan 5/5? I think you're going to be dissapointed.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Bradbatross View Post
    Shawn Jordan 5/5? I think you're going to be dissapointed.
    I don't think I'm going to be disappointed or surprised at all. Jordan is on the way up. Kongo is on the way down. Easy play, loved it the moment the fight was announced.

Bradbatross

I agree with you that Kongo's on a downside, and he's probably the second dumbest fighter in the UFC after Rampage but it's still not a good fight to bet on unless it's just for shits and giggles.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I agree with you that Kongo's on a downside, and he's probably the second dumbest fighter in the UFC after Rampage but it's still not a good fight to bet on unless it's just for shits and giggles.
    Huh? Shawn Jordan is very good. Kongo is over-rated and on a decline. This seems easy for me. I could be wrong. Really don't think I will be. I will be heartbroken if Shawn Jordan lets me down. I feel like I know what I'm going to be getting from both of these guys.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

no armenians
    I used to run a shop, we had that sign up.

Bradbatross

Huh? Shawn Jordan is very good. Kongo is over-rated and on a decline. This seems easy for me. I could be wrong. Really don't think I will be. I will be heartbroken if Shawn Jordan lets me down. I feel like I know what I'm going to be getting from both of these guys.
    What you're missing is the power that both these guys have, it's a 50/50 fight.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I used to run a shop, we had that sign up.
    You and your boyfriend had a shop? Cute.

(just using this as an opportunity to imply that you're gay, 'cos i've always assumed so.)

you're ok in my book, though. that was funny tho, if you were only kidding and not really racist.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

What you're missing is the power that both these guys have, it's a 50/50 fight.
    Kongo being powerful doesn't make it a 50/50 fight... Yeah, sure, he could catch him like he did Barry, but that doesn't make it 50/50 lol-- Jordan is more likely to knock Kongo out.

Bradbatross

I wouldn't be surprised if they're both rocked at one point in the fight, you're underestimating Kongo.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

You and your boyfriend had a shop? Cute.

(just using this as an opportunity to imply that you're gay, 'cos i've always assumed so.)
    You can always tell which jokes are the funniest, they're the ones you have to explain.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Ya, I don't know if I'm touching the Congo/Jordan fight. But Bol.

Gabe going to make this card his biotch. Gabe, are you going to make a vid!??

First 12345 ... Last