gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Letting you know what's up w/ UFC 149

Quick write up of Lombard vs Boetsch at 2am while baked to the gills. Greens and edibles!!

HECTOR LOMBARD -320 5/5

This is likely the only time Tim Boetsch will fight in a co-main event on a PPV card in his career. Let’s see how he got here: Lost to Matyushenko. Beat a can. Lost to Matt Hamill. Beat a can. Lost to Jason Brilz. Beat five cans. Lost to Phil Davis. Dropped to middleweight. Beat a pathetic Kendall Grove. Barely won a close decision vs Nick Ring. (He started taking over the fight when Ring started getting tired.) Got dominated by Yushin Okami and knocked Yushin out in the 3rd round (while he was still fresh and Yushin was completely gassed.) Meanwhile, Hector Lombard has been on a tear, completely destroying everybody in his path. This guy that got his ass kicked by Yushin Okami for 10 minutes does not stand a chance against the beast that is Hector Lombard. Lombard will destroy him and make a case for a shot at Anderson Silva. People will be asking if it should be Weidman or Lombard or if they should fight each other… I just don’t see Tim Boetsch winning this fight, in any legitimate way, shape, or form. It would have to be the something in the realm of Erick Silva vs Carlo Prater. I think Lombard up to -450 is a steal. He should realistically be around -650. He was -280 the other day, and is -320 now. Better lock it up before the line gets more juiced up…

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

It's 2am where u are?! 10:41 am here, I wish I was baked to the grilss!

Bradbatross
    Bradbatross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

I think Lombard stands the best chance at beating Silva. Wiedman will get knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round like Cheal did.

BluntTrauma
    BluntTrauma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

TS must be from Cali. I can't get edibles where I'm from.

Agree on Lombard btw. I'm hearing Paddypower has Lombard itd at -110 which seems like a solid line. If 5d releases it close to that I'll likely go with that bet. -320 seems like a good line for an anchor in a parlay too. My BR isn't the size of most of the people on here so I'm not too keen on laying more than 3-1 SU. Either way I don't see Hector losing this for the same reasons Gabe explained.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Lombard by TKO/KO or Decision is -175 on paddy as well.

BluntTrauma
    BluntTrauma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Lombard by TKO/KO or Decision is -175 on paddy as well.

Definitely seems like a steal imo. Paddy power seems like a good site by the sounds of it

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1884

Lombard has heavier hands than Boetsch.
    This is a safer bet at -320 compared to Jon Jones -650 against Dan Henderson. Henderson is a live dog, Boetsch is not.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Kick some ass GABER!!!

BOL

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Gabe how much you have on him

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

5 out of 5 bouncy castles
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Beelzebubzy

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

IT'S a Fukkkkkkin BABY!!!

Gabe calls these, super dooper HUGE FUKKIN LOCKS!!!! 5/5

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Let's ge tit pumped up around here!!!!!

Beelzebubzy

Damn gabe what is the record up to on these 5/5
    i tailed Kos vs pierce in one of the threads would rather have played pierce way more value

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47622

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Guy is like 28/29 for the 5/5's I think.

Gabe, honest question... Should I like this wager more than Mendes couple weeks ago???

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Gabe how much you have on him
    nothing yet, line for that fight isn't available for me yet. thought i'd tell others to lock him up at that price while they can.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Damn gabe what is the record up to on these 5/5
    i tailed Kos vs pierce in one of the threads would rather have played pierce way more value
    67-1 with UFC (Papazian the only loss)
    7-2 with Strikeforce

You would have rather played Pierce, who got his ass kicked 2 out of 3 rounds by a guy who wasn't even trying? Koscheck didn't take him seriously AND HE STILL BEAT HIM. Pierce would never be the right play in that fight, especially if Koscheck actually decided to show up.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Guy is like 28/29 for the 5/5's I think.

Gabe, honest question... Should I like this wager more than Mendes couple weeks ago???
    Based on the line, yes. I think Lombard's chances of winning are higher than Mendes' was and the odds on Lombard are much better, too.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

GL Cousin...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Much respek, cousin degen.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grabaka

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

2 Team - Parlay
    Ticket #: 59652020
    Accepted: 07/17/12 3:03 PM (EST)
    Risk: $166.00
    Win: $199.88
    Outcome: Pending

#90032 - Hector Lombard ML (-350)
    Header: Tim Boetsch (15-4-0) vs Hector Lombard (31-2-1)
    Sport: UFC
    Label: UFC 149
    Scheduled : 07/21/12 10:45 PM (EST)

#90062 - Shawn Jordan ML (-140)
    Header: Cheick Kongo (17-7-2) vs Shawn Jordan (13-3-0)
    Scheduled : 07/21/12 10:15 PM (EST)
    $166.00 $199.88
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 08-20-14 at 05:05 PM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

4 Team - Parlay
    Ticket #: 59652101
    Accepted: 07/17/12 3:12 PM (EST)
    Risk: $37.00
    Win: $200.63

#961 - Pittsburgh Pirates +1½ (-190)
    Header: Pittsburgh (49-40) @ Colorado (35-54)
    Sport: MLB
    Label: National League
    Pitchers: Listed - E Bedard/C Friedrich
    Scheduled : 07/17/12 8:40 PM (EST)

#979 - Texas Rangers ML (-110)
    Header: Texas (54-35) @ Oakland (46-43)
    Sport: MLB
    Label: American League
    Pitchers: Listed - R Oswalt/B Colon
    Scheduled : 07/17/12 10:05 PM (EST)

#90032 - Hector Lombard ML (-350)
    Header: Tim Boetsch (15-4-0) vs Hector Lombard (31-2-1)
    Scheduled : 07/21/12 10:45 PM (EST)

#90062 - Shawn Jordan ML (-140)
    Header: Cheick Kongo (17-7-2) vs Shawn Jordan (13-3-0)
    Scheduled : 07/21/12 10:15 PM (EST)
    $37.00 $200.63
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 08-20-14 at 05:06 PM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Nick Ring -140 (5/5)

This is Nick Ring’s fight to lose, and the odds suggest it’s a great play. Court McGee is flat-footed and slow whereas Ring’s got good movement and is pretty fast for a MW, especially in the first half of his fights… I think worst case scenario, Ring wins a close 29-28 decision, but I don’t see it being that close. Ring has been out of action for a while, but I expect him to show up healthy, in shape, and prepared. Nick has the ability to control where the fight goes. He beat McGee once on TUF, and he will beat him again. He is simply a much better fighter than Court McGee. He’s made some improvements in his game, while McGee has begun his decline. I had Nick Ring capped at -215, so I think he’s a steal at anything up to -180.

A few 5/5 plays on this card...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Would u expect any fighter in the UFC to not show up healthy, in shape, and prepared tho Gabe?!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Would u expect any fighter in the UFC to not show up healthy, in shape, and prepared tho Gabe?!
    Um, a lot of them don't... it's usually a gamble, 'cos you're not sure what kinda shape certain fighters will show up in... (am I seriously explaining this to you?)

I can expect Ring to 'cos he rarely fights. Has no problem canceling fights and taking time off when he's hurt. He does it 'cos he loves it, not for the money. He doesn't often fight, but when he does, he shows up. Everyone thought Boetsch was gonna run through him, but he won the first round and made it a close fight.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

It's possible McGee could have been in the gym 24/7 motivated as fk after his loss to Philipou + wanting to avenge his TUF loss... he's 5 years younger than Ring, so if he was mentally focused and motivated, he would be able to pull off a win, but I don't think he is... I don't think he's that hungry for a win and is treating it like just another fight... I hope I'm right.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Gaber going HUGE with the Mega fukkkin LOCKS

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Gaber going HUGE with the Mega fukkkin LOCKS

lol get outta here, man.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

A lot of presumptions there! Out of all of the fighters in the UFC Cout McGee would probably be one I'd say has the most hunger to win a fight! His main strength and what gets him by is his resilience and will to win.

Court stated, “I know Nick Ring, and I’ve talked to him since the show, and he’s a true martial artist. He’s a good guy, and I like competing against guys like that. And he takes it serious. I mean, most everybody in the UFC takes it serious, but it’s good to compete against somebody that loves competing and who has the same passion for martial arts as I do.”When asked as to what are his plans to do with Nick in the octagon, Court commented, “I want to come out and hurt Nick Ring; finish him. I want to beat up Nick Ring, man. I want to come out and beat him, and that’s something that I’m going to do.”

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

*hungry!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm just a little over animated today. It's all good.

Hope you crush em.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

BigDay's on tht same shiit that Melvin's on

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

A lot of presumptions there! Out of all of the fighters in the UFC Cout McGee would probably be one I'd say has the most hunger to win a fight! His main strength and what gets him by is his resilience and will to win.

Court stated, “I know Nick Ring, and I’ve talked to him since the show, and he’s a true martial artist. He’s a good guy, and I like competing against guys like that. And he takes it serious. I mean, most everybody in the UFC takes it serious, but it’s good to compete against somebody that loves competing and who has the same passion for martial arts as I do.”When asked as to what are his plans to do with Nick in the octagon, Court commented, “I want to come out and hurt Nick Ring; finish him. I want to beat up Nick Ring, man. I want to come out and beat him, and that’s something that I’m going to do.”
    What would you expect him to say, "Eh, I'm just gonna go out there and do my best..." ? lol of course that's what he PLANS to do... but has he been practically living in the gym?? how mentally focused is he?? not much, i don't think. after barely beating dongi yang, in a fight a lot of people thought he lost, he came out looking terrible against Philipou. He cruised his way to a loss as if he was winning the fight. No drive or will to win in that fight, whatsoever. I hope his training regimen hasn't changed since the last fight to this.

When he comes out in that first round and gets outstruck every which way possible, his confidence in finishing Ring will go right out the window.

Beelzebubzy

I agree with gabe that ring is more well rounded and I have faded McGee since the jensen fight
    wouldnt say lock at -140

Bradbatross
    Bradbatross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    What would you expect him to say, "Eh, I'm just gonna go out there and do my best..." ? lol of course that's what he PLANS to do... but has he been practically living in the gym?? how mentally focused is he?? not much, i don't think. after barely beating dongi yang, in a fight a lot of people thought he lost, he came out looking terrible against Philipou. He cruised his way to a loss as if he was winning the fight. No drive or will to win in that fight, whatsoever. I hope his training regimen hasn't changed since the last fight to this.

When he comes out in that first round and gets outstruck every which way possible, his confidence of finishing Ring will go right out the window.
    I agree. Nick Ring is better in the striking and wrestling department. should be a UD for Ring.

1234 ... Last