PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post

Some early RLM on Chicago, Miami, Detroit, and LA. Public all over them and they move the wrong way.

Chicago already moved a point from -3.5 to -2.5, is Rose confirmed or not?
    Nice watching out my fellow disciple. Duly noted.

PR9

So far we're 2-0 today making the total record 11-3 thus far.

Gather around & Peel your face off to true & pure metal goodness !!..

Last edited by PR9; 02-12-12 at 05:39 PM.

PR9

Wiz cover and win taking us to 12-3.

We'll be 12-4 or 13-3 depending on the ATL-MIA result.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

The gs/hou game doesn't have the definition of rlm but the line has moved from -2.5 to -1 w/ the public split 50/50.

PR9

doesn't count for the model of the "Headbanger's Ball" thread whenever there's a 50/50 split or anything close to it.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    Wiz cover and win taking us to 12-3.

We'll be 12-4 or 13-3 depending on the ATL-MIA result.
    That's awesome. Where were the plays posted for today....in a different thread? I'd be interested to see how well this does. GL

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    That's awesome. Where were the plays posted for today.
    fellow Headbanging disciple Chillx, quoted on the watch from the watchtower behind the mountain at the top of the page

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    PR, another thing that I've noticed is that when a line moves over a full point in the right direction teams have been covering.

For instance Sixers moved from -5.5 to -7.5 and they covered. Same with Knicks and Spurs today.
    Wouldn't this indicate that both the sharps and the public are on the same side?

Speedy88

PR, how are you defining your rlm plays? At least a full point of line movement and at least 65% on one side?

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Some early RLM on Chicago, Miami, Detroit, and LA. Public all over them and they move the wrong way.

Chicago already moved a point from -3.5 to -2.5, is Rose confirmed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    fellow Headbanging disciple Chillx, quoted on the watch from the watchtower behind the mountain at the top of the page
    But Chicago and LA lost. Perhaps he was talking about the opposite of both of those games.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

The plays would have been the opposing teams, not the ones I listed.

PR9

There is no RLM moves for monday nights action. Hang in tight for later in the week.

Speaking of tight.. After all these years the boys from the Bay area sound far tighter as a unit these days than their fellow Bay area thrasher founders metallica and megadeth.. SIRIUSLY

PR9

to there,, from.... 1986-87. Europe, Australia, and South America GOT IT & GET IT.. lol at americans all over bon jovis and crappy glam bands like Poisons nuts, and all that stupid crap they lived for in the 80s when greatness was right under their noses.

Europe >>>

^^ THAT guitar solo, from the intro to the ending with everything in between.. and the overall instrumental portion !!.. is a small sample of Alex Skolnicks sheer genius !

Testaments The Legacy album is the best thrash metal debut album ever made and written imo.

Constantly considered the most delayed debut inside the first wave of Bay Area Thrash, but equally a jewel as the other ones (especially Bonded by Blood & Show No Mercy). The main difference between Testament and the other guys is their extraordinary technique since the very early days: And The Legacy is the first proof of that. In each song there is an unmistakeable seal of virtuosism and intelligence, mixed with the permanent insanity and brutality in lyrics and music, which unfortunately never would be so intense in any later Testament record (but several of them are very enjoyable too).

This album demonstrates Skolnick as a worthy disciple of Satriani, 'cause his work here is simply perfect, 10/10 (11/10 if I could). Every solo in this album deserves a place in the Hall of Fame. Skolnick's style has something more than speed and technique, Skolnick's style has an uncomparable feeling, a rarity within thrash metal, and a big highlight of Testament's trade mark. He can play fast stuff like the insanely perfect solo in "Over the Wall" and make you drool, but also he can play slow stuff like the intro on "Alone in The Dark" without losing a bit of epicness and glory. Definitively a fukking magician, there's nothing we can do.

But if you think that Skolnick's the most versatile, wait for talking about Billy. This guy can be melodic or brutal, this guy can growl, grunt or scream, and this guy can do all perfectly. Look him performing "Burnt Offerings", "Alone in the Dark" or "Do or Die", Could it be catchier? I don't think so. Then look him spitting words in "C.O.T.L.O.D.", Could it be faster? I neither think so. And wait for hearing his screams on "The Haunting " and "First Strike is Deadly"... Simply insane. His wide range gives more and more brutality and versatility to this record. It runs very well for Testament, given the big contrast between it and the political lyrics on late 80's Thrash Metal. Is very remarkable the work in "Over the Wall" or "Burnt Offerings", 'cause you'll find some philosophy hidden behind the wall of brutality. But if you want true thrash lyrics, look for "C.O.T.L.O.D." or "Apocalyptic City".

The riffage is hard to believe. They kidnap your soul and you can't escape till the song finishes. You'll find insanely catchy riffs like the crunchy intro of "The Haunting", "Over the Wall", "Alone in the Dark", and, as the biggest stand out, the main riff of "Burnt Offerings". Shit, is addictive, a vice maybe. Every song have any special touch that makes magic. Drumming is also good, is strong, intense and not too complicated, but never mediocre or offside.

The production could be a bit better. The bass turns sometimes hard of hear and the volume of the tracks is too low. You can realize it when you're listening other stuff and then you play songs from this album. The production's not sloppy or dirt and neither make the record less enjoyable, but is not perfect.

Either way, its a crime not to take it as a classic, because it has several unique elements that you only can find in posterior bands obviously influenced by Testament. I think The Legacy could be taken more seriously, because it is a true masterpiece of Thrash Metal, and is an obligatory record for anybody that wants be called a Metalhead.
    Last edited by PR9; 02-13-12 at 05:06 AM.

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

GSW opened @ -4
    65% on them yet the line moved to -3.5

Source

EDIT: -3 @ Pinny

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Clippers too. +4.5 now

PR9

Thats interesting men. But as previously stated, Im just going to focus on the early RLMs that happen before 3:30am.. I find those ones to be more unique through my experiences.

just practicing what I preach my good brothas..

youngerthree
    youngerthree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10080

Are Nuggets and TrailBlazers plays?

PR9

Wasn't online much last night after 1am and didn't really see anything at that time. But we have stuff for tomorrow night: Total record of games discussed so far is 12-4..

Early RLM moves for Feb 15th

-Orlando moves from -3 to -2.5 with 85% on them.

-Spurs move a half point to -7.5 with 83% on them

-Memphis moves half point to -3 with 72% on them

-Boston moves half pt to -9.5 with 67% on them

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not going to count this one as the percentage is too low, but Knicks move half pt to -6.5 with 55% on them

Speedy88

I'm already loving tomorrows card. Looks like a lot of rlm plays.

beastsynthesis
    beastsynthesis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

what's rlm if you don't mind me asking, and which side are you on? im not entirely clear on either

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by beastsynthesis View Post
    what's rlm if you don't mind me asking, and which side are you on? im not entirely clear on either
    Google "reverse line movement"

youngerthree
    youngerthree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10080

Thanks for posting the plays. I thought there was some movement last night on Nuggets and TrailBlazers.

What site are you guys using to determine percentage? I haven't seen Spurs or Orlando over 80%.

migz

PR9, which card will u play? What are your leans?

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Are you already playing these or waiting to see any more line movement? I'm jumping on the bigger lines now I really like Toronto after losing the way they did, 9.5 seems like a lot.

Speedy88

I like nets and raptors the most

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Pistons, Raps and Philly all look good to me, espcially the first two. I'll even take a bit of the ML for the Pistons and Raps, I think there's a decent chance I hit at least one.

Interesting thread, glad I ran into it.

PR9

One of the most stunning (and one of the most beautiful) instrumentals ever written... a 12-minute eargasm masterpiece

Speedy88

Nets already down to +2.5 at most books now

Also, Knicks line just dropped to -6 at most books

PR9

Amazing..

migz

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Nets already down to +2.5 at most books now

Also, Knicks line just dropped to -6 at most books
    Wow, will tom be the day when the public gets buried?

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by migz View Post

I kind of get that feeling that tomorrow will be that day. However, I do think OKC will cover, and I'm sure around 75% of the pub will be on them.

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

Quote Originally Posted by migz View Post

That's what most people on SBR think i guess. Lately public is cashing in.

PR9

read the OP about Weds and Thurs

PR9

ATL is another one. I know that line wasn't out early this morning but over 70% on them and line moved half point to -1.5. Minny has moved a full point the other way it appears but I don't know if that line was even out early this morning. That one I can't remember.

Speedy88

Sorry to hijack the thread, but are these the final plays for wed's RLM plays?

Kings +6
    PHX +1
    Raptors +7
    Bobcats +10.5

Also, Nets moved back up to +3.5 over night, but I think it says a lot that over 80% are on Memphis and the line is still sitting at where it opened. Phili moved down a half point with about 59% on ORL, and Detroit moved from +10 to +9.5 with 68% on BOS. Not sure if you consider a game RLM if it has les than 65% on one side, or if a game moves less than a point.

First 1234 Last