cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for Thursday 3/12/09

Oh yeah, with a limited schedule of games, I will be taking a plunge into college basketball today and i have a few that i think will be profitable. But as far as NBA is concerned:

Cleveland moneyline...

Cleveland team total to go over 111.5 (Projected)

Cleveland -1 first quarter (projected)

Lakers/Spurs under 194

CBB

Iowa+6 (bought a hook) L
    Indiana+9 (They're at home so why not?) L
    Indiana+4.5 1st half L
    Virginia Tech+4 (bought a hook) W
    NC State +2.5 (w/hook buy)
    Virginia+3.5 (No Play-bad line movement)
    Xavier-7 1st half W
    Xavier-12 (St. Louis played overtime yesterday) W
    Kansas/Baylor under 67 1st half L
    Memphis -12.5 1st half L
    Xavier-4 2nd half W

All plays subject to change by morning. I am looking for favorable line movements before i ultimately pull the trigger. Do not play these games heavily as I am not playing anything heavy. I'm just having fun today and these areall fun wagers. And also as an added note, the Secret Plays are over for the year and there is no such thing as an SP in tournament games. So play the Memphis game small, and don't put over $100.00 on their first half. This is not a heavy play day by any means.
    Last edited by cocknocker; 03-12-09 at 07:10 PM.

csimmalavong
    csimmalavong's Avatar Become A Pro!

itll be the public play

cnleaf
    cnleaf's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by csimmalavong View Post
    itll be the public play
    That doesnt mean public is always wrong.

sprasad03
    sprasad03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

cle is the play, i think spurs are the play tho kobe is a beast

cocknocker

What a shot by Devin Harris to bring home the bacon on a heavy wager! WOW. It even rolled around the rim a bit before going in. Teaser is in effect for sure now!

sallysnax8
    sallysnax8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

cleveland and lakers in a teaser..

csimmalavong
    csimmalavong's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cnleaf View Post
    That doesnt mean public is always wrong.
    of course not, but just saying be aware and alert

as a matter of fact i dont think ive seen one suns backer here so far lol

Odraca
    Odraca's Avatar Become A Pro!

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

cleveland first quarter and over for the game. not taking sides for the entire game on that one because phoenix isn't playing too well and cleveland seems to blow chunks on thursday nights here since christmas.

lean spurs on the other game, but i hate betting against the lakers especially when they're getting points. game should be super tight, line is super tight, probably just watch that one.
    Last edited by texhooper; 03-12-09 at 01:46 AM.

cocknocker

Clear case of Cleveland is a contender for the NBA title and Phoenix is not.

Cleveland team total to go over 111.5

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by csimmalavong View Post
    itll be the public play
    Which one?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

nice all dogs in the NCAA.... looks good no ml's though? even for a half unit or somthing?

Casi
    Casi's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took Cleveland -3.5.
    The reason is quiet simple here, Phoniex will prolly be gutted after the home loss to Dallas.I expect this line to close at ~6.

SlowRoll
    SlowRoll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jumping on the BandWagon...

Cleveland Cavaliers: Play 1st QTR
    Cemented Line (-1.0)

Im definitely Jacking 'Sire C.K. on this 1. This play is basically automatic. The Cavs bent me over and stuck a hard one in my a$$ when they played at the Clips House on Tuesday. I was on them heavy x 3 for the 1st QTR. I expect them to repay me today. With the Suns lack of defense I expect Lebron and Momo to have a fun time running and gunning which also brings me into my next Lean.

[B]Cavs v.s. Suns: OVER [/b]

I really said it b4 but the Suns don't play D + they Run and Gun which ='s a High Scoring Game. I expect the Cavs to get off 2 a quick start and finish up strong with the Suns tagging along!

Record In C.K.'s Thread Published Plays 1-0
    Last edited by SlowRoll; 03-12-09 at 09:51 PM. Reason: To Cement Line( Rewrite on Over/Under coming shortly!

repski
    repski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10553

Big Day in the BIG EAST.....like the Elite Eight

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

SA -2.5
    b2b for Lakers, SA has revenge on their minds, plus SA is hot at home as of late going 6-1 ATS

Cle -4.5
    Pho is toast, their season is over and CLE wants to show today what they can do against team that the public still thinks has something left, even the bad ATS and SU record in Pho for Cle doesnt bother me at all

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

the cavs come rolling into phx, and lebron, moe etc should have 30 point qtrs with regularity vs that defense. hopefully it cashes, and i will just continue to ride these overs during a favorable stretch of games for the 7 second offense.

-over suns (big)
    while i hate to side with the public, i think the cavs have the horses to roll up and down the court with phx tonight - this is one of those games where you dont dig too deep - just play the better team on national tv.

-cavs
    the lakers are coming off a big road win last night making a nice comeback in hou. btb now facing the spurs in san antonio. each team has defended their home court this year, and i expect the hot spurs to continue rolling at home.

-spurs
    Last edited by Dexter; 03-12-09 at 08:03 AM.

Dexter
    Update your status

nice peter - i just decided to add both sides.

Dexter
    Update your status

PROP PLAYERS - i would think any overs regarding moe williams and lebron should be layups tonight. would like to hear whats out there. these 2 should put on a show vs the suns defense.

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Iowa+5.5 probably will go to 6 on it's own
    Indiana+9 (They're at home so why not?)
    Virginia Tech+3
    NC State +1.5
    Virginia+3.5
    like the all dogs here - i will be starting my "underdog" thread once the ncaa tourney gets under way. me and non - all dogs, all day!

peterpan19

thx dexter good to see you on the same side

I might do a 7pt teaser with Cle, SA and the over cle/pho later on

count me in on the 1st qtr bet on CLE too,

just booked:
    cle -4 (-114) (half pt buy, even though I dont think I need it)
    SA -2 (-125) (point buy, could be close one ...)

early CBB game I like:
    VT +4

edit: interesting thing again, JM play today ML is better than buying the 3 points ... nice
    Last edited by peterpan19; 03-12-09 at 08:43 AM.

JGILL50
    hates the PATS
    JGILL50's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    like the all dogs here - i will be starting my "underdog" thread once the ncaa tourney gets under way. me and non - all dogs, all day!
    Hells ya Dex i agree the ncaa tourney is a dog players dream. with so much more public action than normal vegas can inflate lines that the public will smash anyway. that combined with teams with a large lead will sit players to rest them for the next round equals a lot of back door dog covers and a lot of smart money winners cant freakin wait. By the way i like SPURS tonight and i hope my man artest isnt walking to bow legged today after that pounding he took last night

pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

the lakers are coming off a big road win last night making a nice comeback in hou. btb now facing the spurs in san antonio. each team has defended their home court this year, and i expect the hot spurs to continue rolling at home.

-spurs
    just a thought...

lakers are 6-0 ATS as underdogs...kobe doesnt seem to like the idea of his team given points...

JGILL50
    hates the PATS
    JGILL50's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pho3nix32 View Post
    just a thought...

lakers are 6-0 ATS as underdogs...kobe doesnt seem to like the idea of his team given points...
    I know i hate that SOB he always takes my money. i did name may son after him though go figure

pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JGILL50 View Post
    I know i hate that SOB he always takes my money. i did name may son after him though go figure
    good name dude...the guy is a competitor and a winner...your son will grow up to be a winner as well

BmoreBucco
    BmoreBucco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6813

Jack McClinton's knee still isn't 100%, and as he goes so do the Hurricanes. With two middle of the road clubs, I'll take the points, especially when the team getting the points won the only match-up between the two clubs, on the road to boot.

Virginia Tech +4 (bought hook)

repski

Texas Tech/Missouri over 159.5

TT has gone over the total in 22-7-2 overall.
    TT has gone over in 19-7-1 in Big 12 games
    TT has gone over in 4-1-1 on a neutral court
    TT has gone over in 18-6-2 as underdogs
    Mizzou went over the total in three of their last four.
    The over is 6-2 in the last eight years in this rivalry.
    These two went over the 159½-point total in their only meeting this season, finishing at 193.

Casi

I might play the Lakers...hard to not think about them as an underdog.
    How do you cap Kobe? He is always after some kind of record

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Casi View Post
    I might play the Lakers...hard to not think about them as an underdog.
    How do you cap Kobe? He is always after some kind of record
    cmon now casi - you call this a sharp analysis?!

Casi

haha pal, nope

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

the cavs come rolling into phx, and lebron, moe etc should have 30 point qtrs with regularity vs that defense. hopefully it cashes, and i will just continue to ride these overs during a favorable stretch of games for the 7 second offense.

-over suns (big)
    while i hate to side with the public, i think the cavs have the horses to roll up and down the court with phx tonight - this is one of those games where you dont dig too deep - just play the better team on national tv.

-cavs

-spurs

You like Suns over almost as much as Paul Milsap! Small NBA card which is actually a blessing. I have been backtesting some new formulas and the best one of course takes the longest to do, about 20 mins of math per game.

cocknocker

Also adding

Xavier-7 1st half
    Xavier-12 game

St. Louis played an overtime game last night and I am looking to get in on it. Small play on the first half to seeif tey are truly tired. If that one doesn't cash i will double up on Xavier for the 2nd half. They are coming in off a loss and will be in a foul mood. I have this team going to the final four, so they better no let me down come NCAA Tourney time

Now just a heads up, I am not playing these college games heavy by any means. The most that i will put up on one for the game is $250.00 and $100.00 (at the very most) for 1st halves is as high as I'll go. These are just fun bets and are being treated as such. I don't encourage anyone to go heavy if they are tailing me as I am not going heavy on them, and not putting much stock in these. I made a ton of money yesterday and I am not about to give back any of it on bone head college boys looking for a 5 dime handout from a local

peterpan19

booked:VT +4 (small)

repski

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Also adding

Xavier-7 1st half
    Xavier-12 game

St. Louis played an overtime game last night and I am looking to get in on it. Small play on the first half to seeif tey are truly tired. If that one doesn't cash i will double up on Xavier for the 2nd half. They are coming in off a loss and will be in a foul mood. I have this team going to the final four, so they better no let me down come NCAA Tourney time

Now just a heads up, I am not playing these college games heavy by any means. The most that i will put up on one for the game is $250.00 and $100.00 (at the very most) for 1st halves is as high as I'll go. These are just fun bets and are being treated as such. I don't encourage anyone to go heavy if they are tailing me as I am not going heavy on them, and not putting much stock in these. I made a ton of money yesterday and I am not about to give back any of it on bone head college boys looking for a 5 dime handout from a local
    I'm leaning under 120...St. Louis can't shoot...horrible %wise...they will slow the game down as much as they can...IMHO

BmoreBucco
    BmoreBucco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6813

Terrance Williams came back to college so he could lead his Cardinals to a title. Well, it's postseason time baby, and this guy will come to play. He averages 8.5 rebounds on the season, and I think he will take it up a notch and be around the ball all postseason. Starting today!

Terrance Williams over 8 rebounds (-120)
    Last edited by BmoreBucco; 03-12-09 at 10:57 AM.

1234 ... Last