cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for Monday 3/9/09 Hoops Upside Your Head

Ah yes today we have the tale of two teams going in opposite directions. New Orleans is hot, Atlanta is not. It's just that simple. Although Atlanta has a 5-2 ats record coming in, they have a mediocre 3-4 straight up record over that time, compared to the Hornets 7-0 straight up record over their last 7 contests. Make no bones about it, despite the 3-4 ats record for them over that time, the Hornets have been favored by 7 points on average and an underdog of 2 against Philly. Then there is a bit of revenge in this as Atlanta beat the Hornets earlier this year. Prior to that however, the Hornets had a perfect 4-0 straight up and ats regardless of the venue. The matchup problems for the Hawks when playing the Hornets are obvious. The Hornets are only 2.5 games out of the 2nd Western Conference playoff spot whic means home court advantage. They will be taking no off days against anyone the rest of the year. The Hawks will have their full attention this evening. They are 2-0 straight up in their last 2 road games against the Hawks winning by an average of 12.5 courtesy of a 6 point and a 19 point win. i'll take the road team with the short chalk. The fact that this is also a first out of an 4 game out of conference road trip for the Hornets, thy would like to get tings off to a good start.

Hornets-1

As far as my other pick is concerned, the Beat Boston Hex is working against the Magic big time in this game,and will ride the rested Pistons against the Magic who are on the back end of a back to back situation. The truth of the fact is that Orlando ia a false favorite in this matchup. As the day goes on the line will go up, but I am more than comfortable taking Detroit +1, as this will be a very close, physical game as usual, and the Pistons just know how to take Dwight Howard out of his game. I do believe that the magic will win the 1st half with the carry over effect working in their favor, but at the end of the game, the Pistons will be victorious as is the usual case. I expect for the line to go up to 2.5 before gametime, as the linemaker will make it even more harder for the public to make money by taking the false favorite. And trust me the public will be all over the Magic in this game after the Boston win. But teams that beat the champs have an awful ats record in their following game. It doesn't hurt that Detroit is 7-3 straight up in their last 10 games against the Magic either.

Detroit+1

I will also be parlaying the two as well for a nice neat two way

Hornets-3 2nd half (added play)
    Last edited by cocknocker; 03-09-09 at 07:11 PM.

SlowRoll
    SlowRoll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Off to Monday

New Orleans locked in at -1... Are you gonna vote or what C.K.? So far Chuck Hayes is holding the title.

cocknocker

Oh okay let me go vote now.

pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

line: noh@ah 189
    pick: 189 under

Screaming "under" trends:

- The under for New Orleans is 14-8 against the east this season.
    - The under for New Orleans is 16-11 against above 0.500 teams this season.
    - The under for New Orleans is 5-2 against the southeast this season.
    - The under for Atlanta is 14-2 against the west this season.
    - The under for Atlanta is 15-11 against above 0.500 teams this season.
    - The under for Atlanta is 4-1 against the soutwest this season.

line: ww@mt 202
    pick: 202 over

The over for Washington is 18-8 against poor defensive teams this season. The over for Minnesota is 17-10 against poor defensive teams this season. Both teams are playing for nothing. Both teams are poor defensive teams. Minnesota just wants to run run and run some more.

line: lal@ptb 204
    pick: 204 under

Playoff type ball game. The Lakers wants to secure homecourt thru out the playoffs. The Blazers are still looking for playoff positioning. Lakers play well on the road. Blazers play well at home. The only way the Blazers beat the Lakers tomorrow is by playing scrappy defense. Kobe is the master of locking down an opponent and Roy should be his target tomorrow. This game would not even get to 200.

isiah121
    isiah121's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pho3nix32,

I'm with you on noh@ah under 189, but have you checked the trends for games lakers play @ portland? The last two games lakers played at Portland went over 205. And the last 2 games played at lakers went under 200. Correct me if I'm wrong.

pho3nix32

Quote Originally Posted by isiah121 View Post
    Pho3nix32,

I'm with you on noh@ah under 189, but have you checked the trends for games lakers play @ portland? The last two games lakers played at Portland went over 205. And the last 2 games played at lakers went under 200. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    isiah, i find nothing glaring in the o/u trends between these 2 teams. i just went for a logical choice. i believe this game will be more defense than offense.

isiah121
    isiah121's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ph3nix32,

I hope you're right, but Portland always light up at home. And that doesn't mean they can sweep away the lakers. If they started making shots, so will Kobe and company.

pho3nix32

Quote Originally Posted by isiah121 View Post
    Ph3nix32,

I hope you're right, but Portland always light up at home. And that doesn't mean they can sweep away the lakers. If they started making shots, so will Kobe and company.
    isiah, it could go both ways. we are gambling here. hope it goes my way

sprasad03
    sprasad03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

My picks:

Orl-pk
    LAL- -2.5
    Den- -3.5

woodyman
    woodyman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pho3nix32 View Post
    line: noh@ah 189
    pick: 189 under
    Was thinking the same thing. Looks to go under... get it now or wait?

AussieDave
    AussieDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

action 9th Feb

$100 all up
    Chic v Miami U 204.5 @ $1.935
    Orl v Detroit O 187 @ $1.935
    return $374

Cheers and good luck

AD
    Last edited by AussieDave; 03-09-09 at 07:38 AM.

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

todays picks, like I said yesterday Det and No made the cut:

Det -1, this detroit team without AI is playing its best basketball of the whole season right now, they are hot and on fire and today they catch an Orlando team that just won against the defending champ and we all know what this means ... the Bos hex in ... honestly the line seems to be too low, last time they played ech other at the end of december Det was a 3.5 underdog and now they are even laying points here ?? ... anyway Det is an asswhooping 13-1 SU at home against Orl and 4-2 ATS ... Orlando might have revenge on their minds but they will have ahuge letdown after that game yesterday

NO -1.5
    first lets start with the numbers here, NO is 4-1 SU and ATS against atl on the road ... is there a hotter team in bb right now ? I dont know, NOH are lights out and they catch an atL team that also played some close games, but that is not nearly as hot as NO here ... NO also knows they have to win some games as they are only 2.5 games behind sa right now and a potential 3 rd place and the west is again so close and if they stumble a little bit they could easily end up 7th or 8th and thats not good ... so they need every win ... same can be said about ATL and their good home record, but they are only 3-2 during March and February, so you know thei were not at home a lot and had to play some toguh road games during that stretch ... anyway I am going with the hot team and thats NO -1

Mia -5
    Miami played the Bulls already twice this year and both times they won and covered ... and this time i dont think it will any different ... Mia has a nice home record of 21-11 and Chi is only 10-23 on the road, Chi is 1-4 ATS and SU in its last 5 road games, so they struggled there as of late... coming of two huge home blowout games Mia will bring this Chi team back to earth ... Mia wants a win here badly as they have Bos and Utah coming in to town next and they cant look ahead or this home stand could very well end 0-3 so they need a win here

and just something about that Por/Lak game, Por is 3-0 SU at home against the Lakers and the line seems way too low ... so dont bet on that game or if you have to take the Por ML ...

puh tough day to find a good 3 team 7 pt teaser.... btw I am now 3-0, thank god for that 2nd half comeback by Pho yesterday ...
    anyway today I like but its not locked in right now:
    NO +5.5 (i hope my book moves the line back to -1 for NO...)
    Det +6 (same here, maybe it moves back to det +1)
    Hou +10 (Hou played Den well at home but this is a road game, where Hou lost the last 2 by 10 and 17 pts. add in that denver comes home after a horrible loss they should bounce back, but you really have to wonder how good this Denver team actually is ??, both are on b2b, but denver blows out teams at home)
    anyway i have to think about it a little bit longer, but I also cant include anyone from the Wiz/min or por/Lak game here, and Mia +2 is an alternative but not one I like too much ... and only two teams in that teaser is too costly (-200)

anyway

GL to everyone today

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday 3/9-

the hornets will be looking to avenge a home loss to the hawks back in nov. no is red hot right now, and i'll continue to ride them here for the 3rd straight game. they've won 3 of 5 su in atl. projected line of +3.

-hornets (big)

-pistons (big)

-rockets (big)

-blazers (big)
    Last edited by Dexter; 03-09-09 at 04:19 PM.

repski
    repski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10553

I have to say yesterday was one of those days when I question why bother.....the way Houston let Memphis cover...uuugggh. Denver on Friday night in the 1st half vs Utah looked like the best team in the league, that effort they put out last night was putrid...now tonight they probably win by 20....it's hard to believe these guys make millions of dollars and take some nights off...

pho3nix32

Quote Originally Posted by repski View Post
    I have to say yesterday was one of those days when I question why bother.....the way Houston let Memphis cover...uuugggh. Denver on Friday night in the 1st half vs Utah looked like the best team in the league, that effort they put out last night was putrid...now tonight they probably win by 20....it's hard to believe these guys make millions of dollars and take some nights off...
    denver f#ck#rs!!!

repski

Dexter,
    love the Pistons pick, I believe with the way Denver lost last night, that they are a no play tonight even with the 4 games in 5 days....
    I can't bet against LAL...this is the spot where they cover...every time I try to beat them they cover....

very nice RLM on the Pistons/Blazers
    Last edited by repski; 03-09-09 at 08:13 AM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

people are pounding la and line going wrong way! think you right dex por looks like the play here

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Good morning gentettes and gents. I am not liking any of the lines at all today. The NBA has been up and down the last three weeks. And mostly down the last two weeks. The injuries have shifted the balance of power. So I can't go into this day going nuts with these guys because in the end the NBA will kill your roll.

Booked:
    Portland+2.5:
    1. The line is too low again for a elite title contender. I don't care if the Lakers are on the road. They are not on a back to back. In a seven or five game series the Blazers won't beat the Lakers. This line is supposed to be at least five.

2. The bookies know that Joe Public loves the Lakers just like they love Boston and Cleveland. So we see 94% of the public on the Lakers and this will not change. The line has yet to change and I know people are hammering this low line. Even the novices on this site are screaming Lakers. Line should have moved at least a half of a point.

3. Portland is 3-0 SU in Portland the last three years by an average of 9.

4. Portland is 7-2 ATS in the last three years.

5. Greg Oden is not playing. He just gets in the way.

6. Lamar Odom is playing and starting. I just can't trust this guy. He is underacheiver.

7. Portland owns the Lakers because they match up well. They are built in the Lakers image and have been working at this for the last five years.

New Orleans-1.5:
    1. N.O. is just hot right now. Period.

2. N.O. is healthy and hungry and are making there move. They started the season underacheiving and know they must make ground.

3. Tyson Chancler has something to prove. His toe is not an issue. And he loves CP3. He knows his career takes a dive if he is traded anywhere without a true, true point guard.

4. CP3 versus ball hogging, I haven't been the same since the trade Mike Bibby? No need to discuss.

5. This is the only true line I see.

6. Take the hot team and the better team.

Leaning Detroit.
    Another shady line. This line should be at least five. I know they are adjusting it accordingly, but a PK game?
    There are no evenly matched team in this league. So watch everyone jump on Orlando because they beat the Celtics yesterday. If that were the case then someone should lay some chalk. Detroit is at home. Orlando appears to be the better team. No points either way? I see Detroit.

Best of luck fellas!

redbull
    redbull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 343

detroid no kryptonite
    orlando +1
    orlando 1st Q
    orlando 1half

and no bet vs strong home court.
    atlanta + port

agree on heat !
    latino heat
    Attached Images  

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

tonite i like..
    chi/ mia under 204.5
    no/atl under 188.5
    mia -5
    ... i also like hou/den under 198.5 IF denver is gonna play some defense tonite bc i know houston will... thoughts anybody?

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDave View Post
    action 9th Feb

$100 all up
    Chic v Miami U 204.5 @ $1.935
    Orl v Detroit O 187 @ $1.935
    return $374

Cheers and good luck

AD
    tonite i like..
    chi/ mia under 204.5
    no/atl under 188.5
    mia -5
    ... i also like hou/den under 198.5 IF denver is gonna play some defense tonite bc i know houston will... thoughts anybody?

repski

LAL/PORTLAND
    -The Lakers have made it look easy against the Blazers twice already this season, both at home, winning 96-76 on opening night as an eight-point chalk and 100-86 in early January as 11-point favorites. It is the first two covers for Los Angeles in this rivalry since 2006
    -The ‘dog remains on a whopping 22-6 ATS run in the last 28 series meetings, with the Blazers going 21-7 ATS.
    -Portland is 13-3 ATS in the last 16 clashes with Los Angeles at home.

repski

Houston/Denver
    -Houston comes into this one having won 10 of 12 (7-5 ATS), including Sunday’s 93-83 home win over Memphis, falling short as a 14-point favorite.
    -Houston is just 2-6 (3-5 ATS) in their last eight roadies.

-Denver has lost seven of 10 both SU and ATS, including getting swept on a brief two-game road trip this past weekend, first falling 97-91 at Utah on Friday (cashing as a 9½-point ‘dog), then losing 114-106 at Sacramento on Sunday night as a nine-point favorite.

-The host has won each of the last seven meetings between these two (5-2 ATS), including all three this season.

repski

booked

VCU -1.5
    College of Charleston -1.5

repski

Sienna/Niagra

I find it funny that Sienna is favored, since Niagra beat them by 15 two weeks ago...it opened -2 up to -3.5
    somebody must know something I don't

JohnMorr08
    JohnMorr08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by repski View Post
    Sienna/Niagra

I find it funny that Sienna is favored, since Niagra beat them by 15 two weeks ago...it opened -2 up to -3.5
    somebody must know something I don't

The line is set up this way because Niagra played Double OT late last night to beat a Rider team that would NOT go away. Otherwise it would probably be a pk at best.

cocknocker

The last time that Miami lost to Cleveland they responded by beating Phoenix by 6 in the following game. The only problem is that the Bulls are 13-5-1 ats over their last 19 games. The Heat are 5-9 ats in their last 14. The Heat have won both of the games this year between the two teams and 3 straight overall. Prior to that the Bulls had ats covers in 6 straight games. Something tells me that the jig is up and that the Bulls get the job done today with an ats shocker (the Bulls have only 19% of bettors on their side) against the Heaters. The closer we get to the game the more I like the Bulls in this game..

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    The last time that Miami lost to Cleveland they responded by beating Phoenix by 6 in the following game. The only problem is that the Bulls are 13-5-1 ats over their last 19 games. The Heat are 5-9 ats in their last 14. The Heat have won both of the games this year between the two teams and 3 straight overall. Prior to that the Bulls had ats covers in 6 straight games. Something tells me that the jig is up and that the Bulls get the job done today with an ats shocker (the Bulls have only 19% of bettors on their side) against the Heaters. The closer we get to the game the more I like the Bulls in this game..
    Mia has a nice home record of 21-11 and Chi is only 10-23 on the road, Chi is 1-4 ATS and SU in its last 5 road games, so they struggled there as of late... coming of two huge home blowout games Mia will bring this Chi team back to earth ...

cant say more than that ... Chi might have covered 6 b4 against Mia ... so I say its Mia
    turn now ...

true they covered a lot of games as of late, but ever since their great long road trip end of Jan/start of Feb its been like home game -> yes great cover, road game -> bad play no cover, so until they show me they can win again on the road and cover I just cant put my money on the Bulls

booked super 3 team 7 pt teaser of the day (-120):
    NO +5.5
    DET +9
    HOU +11

TodaysAction
    http://www.winningwithtodaysaction.net/
    TodaysAction's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7276

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for what you're doing in the daily thread.

repski

Washington/Minnesota
    -WASHINGTON is 5-0 against the spread versus MINNESOTA over the last 3 seasons

repski

Niagra/Sienna
    -6 of 7 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Ntexas/W.Kentucky
    -W KENTUCKY is 9-1 ATS in all tournament games over the last 2 seasons.

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i absolutely laid the wood on this play last night and it will be my only play for today.

Orlando PK

i had this sweet writeup then hit the back button on my browser. anyway, orlando has averaged 100 pts in their last 5 road games, detroit averaging 93.6 in their last 5 home games. the magic have revenge on their minds as the pistons have been their stumbling block (and beat them @ home 2/27) for a few years now. when detroit took it to orlando a few weeks ago, van gundy openly questioned his team's toughness, and they responded by ripping off 4 wins SU. dwight howard only played 28 minutes last night, less than his full workload so he can abuse the pistons front line tonight. detroit only wins 52% of their home games, and the magic are a 71% road team. the pistons own the slowest pace of any team in the league and orlando is 5 pts better on offense and defense over the course of the season with the gap shrinking slightly as the more current data is weighted more properly. even with detroit going on their mini run they are only 4-6 in their last 10 SU. just to show you what i do on a daily basis also, the final is going to be 99-90 orlando.

i wish it were not so, as most of you are well aware of my detroit street cred, but hey i gotta put food on the table.

solobass
    las vegas.

also watch out for start times on your bets, some of the books have not adjusted to daylight savings, so that last minute bet might be an hour late!

tnynyn
    tnynyn's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone else besides me like the over for noh@atl? also like the over for orl@det game

solobass
    las vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    Monday 3/9-

the hornets will be looking to avenge a home loss to the hawks back in nov. no is red hot right now, and i'll continue to ride them here for the 3rd straight game. they've won 3 of 5 su in atl. projected line of +3.

-hornets (big)

-pistons (big)

-rockets (big)

-blazers (big)

what about the revenge angle for the magic, you are the king of that and this might be like quadruple revenge!

1234 ... Last