nonsense48
    nonsense48's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'll still ride with the manu-less spurs even at -5.5 have faith

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyintheBank09 View Post
    well i like the suns the last 3 teams that fired their head coach they covered that next game i believe may want to look at that i guess they play harder for the new coach
    that is usually the case...but i'll still play my clips

Dexter
    Update your status

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

CK, what's styles opinion on the Bobcats +8.5 tonight? Wallace is expected to make his return tonight.
    I'm already a fan of the Bobcats ATS, and Orlando is a completely different team without J. Nelson in the line-up. 8.5 is a lot of points for Orlando to give up.

Tonight, I'm taking the Bobcats +8.5

Dexter
    Update your status

Pending one final evaluation by doctors, Andrei Kirilenko is expected to return to action on Tuesday against the Grizzlies.

Coach Jerry Sloan plans to limit him to less than 30 minutes a game initially Feb. 17 - 2:16 pm et
    Source: Salt Lake Tribune

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ANDYW15 View Post
    So I am rolling with

Bucs +7
    Min +3
    Noh -3.5
    Min/Wiz over 202
    spurs/knicks over 209
    Nice card...I'm with you on the Bucks, TWolves, and NO but against you on the spurs/knicks over. G/L!

cs11787
    cs11787's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

I havent played the "Spurs" or "Atlanta" yet. I hear Ginobili is out. Any suggestions on whether or not I should still plAy this plAy?

bumppinee
    bumppinee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense48 View Post
    i'll still ride with the manu-less spurs even at -5.5 have faith
    i feel ya bruh i got it at 5.5 also

nonsense48

where are you guys getting this info on ginobili being out tonite? it says no such thing on spurs website or anywhere else i've looked

habel
    habel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Hornets Send Chandler To Thunder

The Hornets and Thunder have completed a deal that sends center Tyson Chandler to the Thunder, according to NBA front-office sources.
    New Orleans will receive forwards Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.
    The deal has yet to be announced, but sources say that the Hornets will also receive the draft rights to rookie Devon Hardin as well.

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by cs11787 View Post
    I havent played the "Spurs" or "Atlanta" yet. I hear Ginobili is out. Any suggestions on whether or not I should still plAy this plAy?
    go ask johnmorr in the jm thread.

ANDYW15
    ANDYW15's Avatar Become A Pro!

where are you guys getting this info on ginobili being out tonite? it says no such thing on spurs website or anywhere else i've looked
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NBA&hl=110461

Dexter
    Update your status

2/18-

the nets will be on a btb coming off a game tonight vs the rockets - they will now catch a dallas team that owns them at home (3-1 ats - winning those 4 games by an avg margin of 15ppg). revenge angle at play as well, with the mavs losing by 24 at nj earlier in the year. projected line of -10.5.

-mavs (big)

TheLemonDropKid
    TheLemonDropKid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    2/18-

the nets will be on a btb coming off a game tonight vs the rockets - they will now catch a dallas team that owns them at home (3-1 ats - winning those 4 games by an avg margin of 15ppg). revenge angle at play as well, with the mavs losing by 24 at nj earlier in the year. projected line of -10.5.

-mavs (big)

Hey Dex......I find myself in a very familiar, yet uncomfortable situation. There are at least 7 games that I like tonight. I understand that nobody does very well in this business by betting 7+ games per night (much less per week). I noticed that you seem to be well disciplined by keeping your picks to 1 or 2 per day. My question is how are you able to do this if you like all 7+ plays equally? Do you just flip a coin?

BebeRebozo
    BebeRebozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

San Antonio Spurs -4
    New Orleans Hornets -3
    Los Angeles Lakers -8,5
    Minnesota Timberwolves +3

nonsense48

hairston will have to step up tonite for the spurs and that shouldn't be a prob. against the nicks so i'm still liking the spurs in this spot

nonsense48

lemon, i try and limit myself up to 4 nba plays a day and now also 2 early nhl games and if the earlys hit i may or may not play any late games. i never chase tho. when my daily limit is lost, i'm done

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

johnnyP

Gentlemen, below you will find today’s NBA 1st Quarter grid. The stats come from 82games.com. Todays 1st quarter leans are:

Orlando –2 (expected)
    Utah –1.5 (expected)
    Phoenix –2 (expected)
    Lakers –1.5 (expected)
    JohnnyP what did you get the lines at? the lowest I can find those teams at is -2.5.

Orlando have been generally good at winning Home 1st QTR's, however their last 5 games haven't been too great they are 3-2. One of those losses was their embarrasing performance last game against Denver and the other one against Cleveland which are the top 1st QTR team.

Charlotte have the same away record in their last 5 games for 1st QTR, 3-2 even beating the Lakers.

Hopefully Magic will bounce back with a bang in the opening QTR at home after their last defeat.

I think Utah 1st QTR could be one of the best picks, they are 4-1 in their last 5 home quarters, Memphis are 2-3 away and are overall one of the worst 1st QTR teams in the NBA.

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemonDropKid View Post
    Hey Dex......I find myself in a very familiar, yet uncomfortable situation. There are at least 7 games that I like tonight. I understand that nobody does very well in this business by betting 7+ games per night (much less per week). I noticed that you seem to be well disciplined by keeping your picks to 1 or 2 per day. My question is how are you able to do this if you like all 7+ plays equally? Do you just flip a coin?
    do more homework - you cant like all 7 equal! lol

peetlui
    peetlui's Avatar Become A Pro!

Booked:
    NBA
    Indiana -2.5
    Atlanta +9
    San Antonio -4.5
    3 team teaser:
    Minnesotta +10.5
    Milwaukee +14.5
    Oklahoma City +11.5
    NHL:
    Toronto over 6 Florida ML (tailing hockeytown)

Good luck gang.
    Last edited by peetlui; 02-17-09 at 02:47 PM.

Pickle_02
    Pickle_02's Avatar Become A Pro!

lemon, i try and limit myself up to 4 nba plays a day and now also 2 early nhl games and if the earlys hit i may or may not play any late games. i never chase tho. when my daily limit is lost, i'm done
    Hey buddy, thanks for all the help this past week. You can really make some serious cash in College Basketball. Whys that you think? Cause the scores are more predictable then in the pros right, since they are pros. I was working at the poker room so I didnt have a chance to log on. I went 8-4 on sienna, lt, and A&M. Wow, A&M made a killer for me, I only had 4 small losses on uconn and nmst 2h. Man, thanks to u guys, I ended the week last night with +$7,970. I hope we have a good start this week, now with NBA back on the schedule. Thanks for everything Oh Yea, I like the over on the sixers vs. pacers 211. That should be a higher line, so thats my play for the day. Goodluck guys

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Quote Originally Posted by Pensinger1 View Post
    Another fade for tomorrow night is the Houston Rockets.

- Rockets are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. win.
    - Rockets are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. Eastern Conference.
    - Rockets are 3-6-1 ATS in their last 10 games.
    - Rockets are 3-11-1 ATS in their last 15 games vs. a team with a losing S.U. record.
    - Rockets are 3-13-1 ATS in their last 17 games following a SU win of more than 10 points.

- Road team is 8-2-1 ATS in the last 11 meetings between Houston and New Jersey.

Tracy McGrady will be sitting out as he tends to the knee. Houston is strong at home, but the Nets lead the NBA in point differential over the last 5 games prior to the All-star break, out-scoring teams by an avg. of 10.6 points while only allowing 90.4 points per game. Meanwhile, the Rockets were allowing 100.0 points per game and only beating opponents by an avg. of 2.6 points per game. To add some nice icing to this cake, we've got 20% of the public on the Nets, but a line that has moved from +6.5 to +6.

NJN + 6
    on as always Pensinger

nonsense48

pickle, who helped you make all that bank? nice job. congrats.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Local "Sportsline" PS's (NBA)
    Milwaukee +7.5
    NJ +7.5
    Atlanta +10.5
    NWO -4.5

TheLemonDropKid

Thanks for your feedback non.....

Then based on your strategy, my plays would go like this:

Early Games
    Magic -2 (1Q)
    Hornets -5
    T-Wolves/Wizards Over 204
    Leafs/Sabres Over 6
    Bruins -150
    Purdue - 2.5

Late Games (pending early success)
    Jazz -1.5 (1Q)
    Lakers -1.5 (1Q)
    Flames/Canucks Over 5.5

Your thoughts? (I think Dex would say this is WAY too many games)

Pickle_02

pickle, who helped you make all that bank? nice job. congrats.

This thread and some plays that I chose earlier in NBA. Thanks, to you, ck, and the rest of the guys. I wouldnt cap before, just pick the plays I liked and well, now with all the research that I do and take my time before I actually decide what I want, It feels so much better. YOu get me?? Just as an example, If I didn't know any better, I would have been like the rest of the world and picked Texas last night, but thanks to you all, I look at it in a whole different presprective. I'm not gonna whine when I take some hits, just gotta learn to take care of the roll. Saturday, I lost 3,200, and last night, I wasn't gonna bet so I can leave my bank at 4,700 for the closing week. I decided to go for it since I liked the games last night except for the uconn game which I told myself I was gonna stay out of, but u know how it is, u just wanna get involved like how everyone is LOL. Oh well, I do wanna stay and hang around, this is a great thread. Its just funny when all the haters come in

Bayno82
    Bayno82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Spurs

For those wondering about Ginobilli

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...li-out-to.html

Pickle_02

What happened to everyone??

hockeytown11
    hockeytown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel like I just might go 5-0 in pucks tonight,I am buying another new car if Toronto/buffalo goes over 6

booked MSU +2.5,Kent st -6.5 and over in minny game 204,plus my pucks,if you want to take a shot on a hockey play with HUGE VALUE try Edmonton +330,Oilers ALWAYS play Sharks tough,couple that with the fact that San Jose is playing forst game back from a 3 week road trip and it could spell upset, depending on how the night goes I am going to post it as official play since its a 10:30 est game,if I do well I am going to play it.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayno82 View Post
    For those wondering about Ginobilli

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...li-out-to.html
    Good info, thanks for sharing.

BigMoneyMan
    BigMoneyMan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alright listen up and listen good.

I do this every year and this is by far the biggest payday of the year for me. Right after the allstar break I pound the unders and here is why. All the teams in the NBA play like crap after a 3 or more day break (look at the stats) but they play even worse tan normal after the break. They are preoccupied with the side show, ie slam dunk contest, east west game, so forth. Add to the fact that there teams are not practicing with the starting lineup and you have the perfect storm. Here is my formula: I will be taking every game 1st half and game under. The ones that have a trend to go under I will double my bets on. You must have good management skills tonight to rotate your fist half wins onto the other games. Good news is that two of the double up games start at 7pm and are Indiana and Orlando. . CK didn't believe me last year when I did it but I suggest you reasearch the numbers.
    I have to run out but I wish you luck
    Last edited by BigMoneyMan; 02-17-09 at 03:46 PM.

johnnyP
    johnnyP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Karayilan9 View Post
    [b]

JohnnyP what did you get the lines at? the lowest I can find those teams at is -2.5.

Orlando have been generally good at winning Home 1st QTR's, however their last 5 games haven't been too great they are 3-2. One of those losses was their embarrasing performance last game against Denver and the other one against Cleveland which are the top 1st QTR team.

Charlotte have the same away record in their last 5 games for 1st QTR, 3-2 even beating the Lakers.

Hopefully Magic will bounce back with a bang in the opening QTR at home after their last defeat.

I think Utah 1st QTR could be one of the best picks, they are 4-1 in their last 5 home quarters, Memphis are 2-3 away and are overall one of the worst 1st QTR teams in the NBA.

Karayilan9, I put that post together before the 1Q lines came out. When they did I was disappointed to see that most were slighty larger than I projected would be a good bet. Good job on recent stats but each of those lines are too large for me. Moneylines are always an option. Use your best judgment brother or do work as sam says. Good Luck

Booked Plays:
    San Antonio Spurs -4 buying 2 points -150 for Game
    Atlanta Hawks +9½ buying 2 points -150 for Game
    Last edited by johnnyP; 02-17-09 at 03:50 PM.

TheLemonDropKid

This might be a stupid question.....but don't the bookmakers post lines for EVERY game??

I was specifically looking for Bryant Univ. vs. NJIT and Kansas St. vs. N. Car. Cent.....

I don't see them on my site?

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by handimann View Post
    CK,

just noticing that you've been dabbling in football, ncaa ball, and hockey and have mentioned baseball here and there. which of these sports you cap is your specialty? nba i'm guessing?

Actually, baseball is my favorite because it is the easiest. Then I like football an then basketball is my third favorite. Hockey I am a novice at so I'm tailing hockeytown11, our resident hockey person. He is lights out so play what he says to play without question.

nonsense48

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemonDropKid View Post
    This might be a stupid question.....but don't the bookmakers post lines for EVERY game??

I was specifically looking for Bryant Univ. vs. NJIT and Kansas St. vs. N. Car. Cent.....

I don't see them on my site?
    lemon, all pro games make the rotation but not all college games do. keep checking as the books may add games as the day goes on

First 1234567 ... Last