cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for Sunday 12/14/08

Ah yes, we have the mother of all mismatches tonight as the Lakers face off against the Minnesota T-Wolves. The lakers for their part have not covered in 5 straight games due in large part to the monstrous spreads that they are gettting (11points on average).The T-Wolves are playing a little better of late under Kevin McHale going 2-1 ats. However, kevin was better off sitting far away from the action in his GM seats. now he has to sit right on the Staples Center floor and see it up close and personal. the T-Wolves enjoy great success on the road aganst the Lakers for bettors going 3-1-1 ats. So of course we won't take the 15.5 spread like fools. instead we'll turn our attention to the lakers strecngth and the T-Wolves weakness. The Lakers hav averaged 112 points per game over their last 14 games, and the T-Wolves have given up 105 on average. With the lakers wearing the home white, I will wager that they score their usual average in this game against the porous Minnesota defense. I estimate that the T-Wolves will score 96.5 points and the Lakers will score 116. I am not saying that they will cover, but they will come darn near close.

Lakers team total to go over 112

Toronto has blown teams out in their last two games, and I don't expect that trendto continue when the Hornets arrive north of the border, still with the bad taste of being embarrassed on national television by Boston. New Orleans is 4-1 ats in games in Canada so they will feel right at home when tipoff comes. This will be a tough slug it out game as the Raptors seem to have found their stride now. I don't expect his game to be decided by more than 4 points, so don't expect for this game to be a blowout. It will be a nailbiter.

Hornets -1.5 (getting under the key number for safety reasons)

In NFL football,

For the early games I like

Tampa Bay +3.5 (buying a hook)
    San Francisco+7 (buying a point)

For the 2nd set of games I like:

Minnesota+3.5
    Ravens-2.5

For the evening game I like

PC Play Dallas-2.5 (buying a hook)

Other notables: Texans +3.5 (with a hook on it)
    Last edited by cocknocker; 12-14-08 at 12:05 AM.

lolisaiahlol
    lolisaiahlol's Avatar Become A Pro!

@rooster knocker. if you really think about it, the timberwolves are not going to loss more then 15. i looked at there previous records and most of the games did not go over 15. i think they will try to hold on the laker's tail on this one. what do you think about this game. i also looked at the first quarters and the timberwolves would almost always loss by 5 or more, so i also think to take the first quarter play.

BigMoneyMan
    BigMoneyMan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had some time to look at tomorrows games and Presto!! I am on the same early ones as CK. That translates to CASH!
    First is Tampa Bay. This is by team since I went to High School in the bay area and rooted for them in the Big Sombrero wit the Orange florescent jerseys. Anyway after the loss last week and giving up 3 rushing touchdowns after 1 all year Monte will have them ready. Also they are playing for a in and they always play well in the Atlanta with the turf and all. Tampa +3.5
    Second is San Fran. Gore will be up for this one and even though I think Miami gets it at 6.5 its to much with a .5 but I'll take it. By morning I guess 5.5.
    In the early NBA. The Hornets -2. I don't see how the Craptors are going to stay with them on plenty of rest. Plus Toronto's house is a mess right now with the coaching BS and all. I know these guys since they play Orlando all the time and trust me this season is going to go from bad to worse.

MarkHammond
    MarkHammond's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Ah yes, we have the mother of all mismatches tonight as the Lakers face off against the Minnesota T-Wolves. The lakers for their part have not covered in 5 straight games due in large part to the monstrous spreads that they are gettting (11points on average).The T-Wolves are playing a little better of late under Kevin McHale going 2-1 ats. However, kevin was better off sitting far away from the action in his GM seats. now he has to sit right on the Staples Center floor and see it up close and personal. the T-Wolves enjoy great success on the road aganst the Lakers for bettors going 3-1-1 ats. So of course we won't take the 15.5 spread like fools. instead we'll turn our attention to the lakers strecngth and the T-Wolves weakness. The Lakers hav averaged 112 points per game over their last 14 games, and the T-Wolves have given up 105 on average. With the lakers wearing the home white, I will wager that they score their usual average in this game against the porous Minnesota defense. I estimate that the T-Wolves will score 96.5 points and the Lakers will score 116. I am not saying that they will cover, but they will come darn near close.

Lakers team total to go over 112

Toronto has blown teams out in their last two games, and I don't expect that trendto continue when the Hornets arrive north of the border, still with the bad taste of being embarrassed on national television by Boston. New Orleans is 4-1 ats in games in Canada so they will feel right at home when tipoff comes. This will be a tough slug it out game as the Raptors seem to have found their stride now. I don't expect his game to be decided by more than 4 points, so don't expect for this game to be a blowout. It will be a nailbiter.

Hornets -1.5 (getting under the key number for safety reasons)

In NFL football,

For the early games I like

Tampa Bay +3.5 (buying a hook)
    San Francisco+7 (buying a point)

For the 2nd set of games I like:

Minnesota+3.5
    Ravens-2.5

For the evening game I like

PC Play Dallas-2.5 (buying a hook)

Other notables: Texans +3.5 (with a hook on it)
    I initially leaned Raps because of the low line and majority of money on the hornets but then I looked at the previous match ups and NO has dominated the series. Raps play well in day games but last time lost a nail biter to the blazers.

I like Under 193

Give me some more on why you like Tampa?

Vikings with more to gain then ona who clinched already

BookBuster
    BookBuster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1858

Hey CK!!!, Those plays were nice weren't they? That Houston/GS Under was a good call. Looking forward to some more hot plays tomorrow. Including the NFL. Check out my threads and tell me what you think about my plays. Would love to hear some opinions about my plays.
    Cheers to a positive day. Slaughter the books again tomorrow.

africanroller
    africanroller's Avatar Become A Pro!

Better go back and look boys because Frank Gore is listed as doubtful for tomorrows game.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

CK, there is no ML up for the San Antonio/OKC game yet. If it doesn't go up by tomorrow, I'm going to take the Spurs. I remember you saying if there is no ML involved, then the favorite usually covers. OKC played their hearts out tonight in trying to beat Dallas but fell short. I think the Spurs, who are starting to play well with Ginobili and Parker back, will put the clamps down defensively and roll at home.

cocknocker

roller

Deshaun Foster is a good back and it's aout time that the Niners got something in retun for their 2 million that theey invested in him. Gore is making the trip and will be a gametime decision. If he doesn't play it's alright. I expect the Niners to continue thier winning ways. The books know that Gore may not play but that has not swayed the line any. In fact it has gone down. the only thing that i think could be a big problem is Shaun Hill fumbling when he gets sacked by Jerry Porter. Man you lay one finger on him and he lets go of the ball. Hopefully he won't fumble deep in their own end, and give the Dolphins free points. the Niners are flying all over the field for Singletary and they have taken on his personality.

Bookbuster,

good lookin out on that under call last night. that's what i mean by I have faith in the board to help me out too. I took a piece from you and a piece from Wangichu yesterday and cashed both tickets. That's what it's all about. You guys helped me go 4-0 yesterday in NBA action. Thanks a much.

MarkHammond,

Tampa Bay is in a great situation to get the cover as they got embarrassed on national television and they play Atlanta well in the dome. Atlanta is just not in their class yet. I would have liked to have gotten more points, but I like them at 3.5. Tampa bay has not lost 2 games in a row this season yet, and if they pick up the win they can move one step closer to getting out of the 5th seeding that they currently occupy and take one sep closer to getting a home playoff game, which they dearly want. Atlanta is 5-1 at home bt they have only beat two good teams, Chicago (on the last second play) and Carolina. When they last played the Bucs this season, they lost 24-9. The Bucs just have their number at home too as the Bucs are 6-2 straight up and ats in games at Atlanta. This is just a good matchup for the Bucs. They will need to correct a recent trend lately where they have not scored in the 1st quarter.

As a matter of fact, I am taking Atlanta in the 1st quarter for a small wager anyway to take advantage of the Bucs weakness. The line is Atlanta-.5 +110. I just love that plus money.

nick2060
    nick2060's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

I personally think Atlanta and Tampa is a situation where both sides can win if you buy the half point, aka a field goal division game. Btw just something i saw:
    NFC South teams are 0-10 in division games on the road

cocknocker

I know, nick2060. That's the one thing that is heavy on my mind with this pick. But the thing about this one is that Tampa Bay lost so bad on Monday Night. i always take the team that looses on Monday Night Football the followng week, and I have had good success with it. The Bucs are my least favorite of my bets this week, because they are notorious slow starters, and the Falcons won't let you take one series off. they are young and fast. The last time the Bucs saw Ryan they made him look like what he is; a young quarterback going up against an elite defense. One thing about the Bucs though, they respond well to losses, and it seems when they lose one road game, they don't lose the next one if it is the following week. they haven't lost two in a row this year yet, so i hope that the trend continues with my money on it. I really love the movement on the line (or lack therof) for this game. Atlanta shuld have been favored by 3.5 anyway with the consensus so much in their favor.

The Vikes is the one to watch out for. The Cardinals have the entire free world on their side, even Tavaris Jackson, and the line still hasn't budged. I think that their sense of urgency will make this a close game with them pulling off the outright upset. As far as the Miami/San Fracisco game, i have that game rescored out to Miami-2. Anyway, good luck homes!

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

damn... if i had just known better than to risk fading you in that NJ/CHI game CK i would have gone 4-0 myself yesterday. NJ had that game in position for a while, but oh well, my big ticket win yesterday was the hawks +4/ML... if ya'll didn't believe ya best now cuz the hawks are phenomenal situational plays. I hope they limp into the playoffs so they catch points cuz last year they took me from small time to big time with my money and that's how i wound up getting that big money last year.

as far as sunday, the only game i liked initially was the hornys in toronto cuz i really see the hornets rounding into form as of late, you can't blame them for getting overpowered by the celtics because that's just what happens when you visit boston, but that's why it's time to pound them today... they are ready to make up for that embarassment... as i was reminded yesterday in CHI/NJ, tailing CK is always a money making engine so i will be following that lakers team total, but more importantly, NFL is live and ready to make us some money...

i ran a HUGE write up on BAL/PIT earlier in the week in a different thread so i won't rewrite it but needless to say, i will have a lot of money on the ravens tomorrow (just as much with steelers fan friends -who make me lots of money... see week 4 against the eagles) so..

BAL -2.5

Frisco is playing tough old school ball under the leadership of singletary who has instilled toughness in an otherwise soft team. DeShaun will be just fine without frankie tomorrow as he is used to covering his lead backs from his days in carolina and USC. Simultaneously, the dolphins don't cover big spreads (ie -3 or more) as they are better at overperforming as underdogs than they are at performing as favs. perfect time to take the 49ers (like the last 4 weeks have been)

SF +6 (probably buy that to 7 though to be safe)

denver is coming off a tough game at home against the chiefs. Denver has been a better road team than home team, which is why they are a great play as touchdown plus dogs against a carolina team coming off a bigtime nationally televised win. i liked them in atlanta, i liked them in ny (jets) and i like them to at least play the panthers to a touchdown if not win SU. the panthers always seem to play opposite of what they should and this is one of those times to fade them.

DEN +7.5

here the titans come again, getting a small spread, but this time is different. They covered double digit spreads against the lions and browns, but now they have to go into texas to play a divisional rival who is playing great ball. The texans and titans have played some epic games, from defensive tight fights to shootouts ending in field goalish victories. texans have been playing everyone tough and they are ready to face this challenge... if you don't believe me, look at that line. Starting at +3.5, the texans have lost a half point even with the public heavily on the titans back. that just tells me my money is in the right place.

HOU +3.5

i'd continue with tampa and minny but really it's creepy how similar my card is to CK's and i honestly didn't even bite one pick from him (although i might not have followed through on TB or MIN if he wasn't with me). Hopefully this is just a case of great minds smelling the same money here, cuz i'm normally not so point for point on with CK when it comes to football, but i am here. get money mafia and friends

i'd probably even be on dallas -3 if it wasn't for the fact that i feel like i would pay the amount of money i could win just to see dallas lose this one. I'm a die hard philly fan and i think we can make it to the dance with some atlanta help. I hate betting the boys either way due to my intense dislike for them and i feel that at worst, the giants have a good chance at bouncing back after a poor performance. Unless i can't convince myself that the boys can lose, i don't bet on them. GL to the bettors, though, if we're going to make the playoffs we need to take out the boys in week 16 anyways.
    Last edited by wangichu; 12-14-08 at 03:28 AM.

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bigmoney,
    dont think raptors will have a too much prob getting the 4-6th seed in the east. if you will look at it, hawks, sixers and pistons are the only team that should be able to contend with them. sixers just got a change of coach. pistons is lost. And the hawks, well they rob me against the cavs.
    wangchiu,
    dont gloat. I'll ride with your pick. Hornets will sting this time. Lets us start the week with a win.
    But totally agree with bigmoney,wangchiu and ck that its abt time that we cash in on this pick. NO should bounce back hard, gat an early lead and posey's 2nd unit should sustain this one.
    Armstrong got man-handled again by the interior of celts. Last season there was great expectation that he will improve for seasons to come.also great matchup for west vs jermaine.

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

anybody knows if chandler or parker is gonna play.

without chandler, NO cant win against bosh and jermaine

wangichu

and maybe i'm blowing a dub, but every football season, i've had a week that i could have swept 7 games (or at least been a point or two from), so i'm wrapping up a small 7 pt. parlay with reasoning behind each piece. I know it's pennies, but it's the pride bonus. Maybe I'm just too lifted right now, but i'm hungry for a football parlay (knocking on wood that i didn't just jinx myself into a bad week)

SF +13 (MIA's been great, but they don't blow anyone out, especially when favored)
    DEN +14.5 (i don't know why, but denver loves the road and CAR is good, not godly)
    TB +10 (no way tampa's run D doesn't bounce back after that crap last week)
    GB +4.5 (I think the jags have given up on football, but i COULD see a last second field goal)
    CIN +13.5 (WAS doesn't blow anybody out and i don't even know if they win here)
    BAL +4.5 (if pit wins, which my money says they won't, it'll be late game BS)
    HOU +10 (houston is playing well, they play TEN tough and this spread screams shennanegins)
    Last edited by wangichu; 12-14-08 at 05:18 AM.

wangichu

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Hero View Post
    wangchiu,
    dont gloat. I'll ride with your pick. Hornets will sting this time. Lets us start the week with a win.
    if you were talking about the hawks part, it wasn't really about gloating, so much as trying to get people to believe me when i talk about the hawks. I won't go into details, but they have been cash cows at home for me (especially as dogs) the last two years, and i'm just trying to make believers out of the people on the board here. They're just my favorite team to bet on. Thanks for playing trying to educate me in the realm of Message Board etiquitte, now let's get that money.

as for the chandler thing... that kinda tripped me out for a second, but realistically, o'neal and bosh (as good as they are) haven't gotten it done consistently, so I really think that good guard play can out do these twin towers in terms of impact. The raptors aren't in the elite in either league, and if the hornets are about to play as well as they look like they are, they are elite. and elite teams get things done even after the loss of an impact player. Also, the fact that he's more of a defensive tool means that they only have to pick up for him on one end of the court, and i'm pretty comfortable with that.
    Last edited by wangichu; 12-14-08 at 05:25 AM.

zackattack
    zackattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoneyMan View Post
    I had some time to look at tomorrows games and Presto!! I am on the same early ones as CK. That translates to CASH!
    First is Tampa Bay. This is by team since I went to High School in the bay area and rooted for them in the Big Sombrero wit the Orange florescent jerseys. Anyway after the loss last week and giving up 3 rushing touchdowns after 1 all year Monte will have them ready. Also they are playing for a in and they always play well in the Atlanta with the turf and all. Tampa +3.5
    Second is San Fran. Gore will be up for this one and even though I think Miami gets it at 6.5 its to much with a .5 but I'll take it. By morning I guess 5.5.
    In the early NBA. The Hornets -2. I don't see how the Craptors are going to stay with them on plenty of rest. Plus Toronto's house is a mess right now with the coaching BS and all. I know these guys since they play Orlando all the time and trust me this season is going to go from bad to worse.
    hey guys , jeff garcia may not play today........tampa will not cover without him. take a look before betting that one.

joanapoker
    joanapoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    roller

Bookbuster,

good lookin out on that under call last night. that's what i mean by I have faith in the board to help me out too. I took a piece from you and a piece from Wangichu yesterday and cashed both tickets. That's what it's all about. You guys helped me go 4-0 yesterday in NBA action. Thanks a much.

CK

yesterday you went 5-0 and not 4-0 eheheh

About 2day NBA action, what do u think the UNDER 197 @ SPURS? Spurs are 9-3 UND at home also 23 of the last 31 at SAS have gone under. The last 2 head to head have gone under. And Thunder just played tough game in Dallas.....

congrats for yesterday!

cocknocker

Bookingyourmoney

Where are you? You're forgetting to post your picks/plays. Since you already know every damn thing, it's time for you to put your nuts on the table....

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK I see you like Frisco, as do I. What do you think about a ML play SF might be the most underrated sleeper of the NFL right now?
    Last edited by shoebox; 12-14-08 at 10:04 AM.

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Morning all, CK awesome day yesterday! Way too come back! Good card today. Looks like another promising day!

Observation on the Was/Cin game, line dropped back to -6.5 again this morning. I know wang made reference to a Cin cover and possible Cin win outright. With a higher public percentage on washington do you see a cincinnati cover here? Cincinnati has faired well against the NFC east this season covering the spread in all 3 of their games against, dallas, ny, and phil.

showtime2000

Hey africanroller, any NHL? today i'm liking,
    Florida (long road trip for Van ending yesterday with this being their first time back home in over awhile playing a hot team in florida)

Chicago PL
    (The Blue Jackets are 1-14 in their last 15 on the 2nd of a b2b when going from home to the road overnight. The opponent scored 3+ in 13 of those games. They have dropped 4 straight on the road losing by 2+ in 3 of those and allowed the opponent to score 3+ in all 4. They have averaged 2 gpg offensively over their last 6 road games. The Hawks all 9 of their home wins have come by at least 2 goals.)

Minnesota ML
    Can their streak of 4 straight losses end tonight? at a ML of +150 i think it's worth it.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

great thread yesterday,

today i'm thinking about taking the grizzlies -1,
    My first lean when i saw the line was heat +1 but haslem and beasley are both probably out for tonights matchup and the grizzlies have won 3 straight at home against chicago houston and the la clippers .
    Their only loss during the last 5 games was at new orleans.

chipper8888
    chipper8888's Avatar Become A Pro!

boys, boys, boys...i was worried everyone was gonna be against the raps so I almost didnt look in here beofre i left the house. Have to agree the line looks low and the hornets owe us, but as im going to the game I cant bet against the boys so no play for me in this one

But i do like the heat @+1 today - can anyone tell me if beasley is back ?

nice work yesterday and GL all

chipper8888
    chipper8888's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Hero View Post
    anybody knows if chandler or parker is gonna play.

without chandler, NO cant win against bosh and jermaine
    Local papers have Parker on the bench with Kapono starting

africanroller

Showtime I will get those NHL picks up in a while but I usually play o/u or ML and never the spread. Picking a spread in Hockey is throwing a coin in the air.

shoebox

Houston Texans look solid 87% of the money is on tennessee yet the line has not moved once, Houston is lookin mighty tasty

MarkHammond
    MarkHammond's Avatar Become A Pro!

Garcia is out

africanroller

Brien Griese to start, lets go Falcons

Frank Gore Deactivated for todays game

africanroller

Edwards inactive, JP Losman to start again for the Bills. Moneys on the Jets

tdotcotez
    tdotcotez's Avatar Become A Pro!

J-E-T-S and FLORIDA PANTHERS TODAY! ON BOARD WITH THE VIKINGS ALSO BUT WILL NOT BET AGAINST THE GIANTS THIS WEEK!!!! IM A GIANTS FAN FROM NY AND I BET AGAINST EM A FEW TIMES THIS YEAR BUT THIS IS ONE GAME WHERE I WILL *NOT*

shoebox

CK you still liking NO??

shoebox

Quote Originally Posted by tdotcotez View Post
    J-E-T-S and FLORIDA PANTHERS TODAY! ON BOARD WITH THE VIKINGS ALSO BUT WILL NOT BET AGAINST THE GIANTS THIS WEEK!!!! IM A GIANTS FAN FROM NY AND I BET AGAINST EM A FEW TIMES THIS YEAR BUT THIS IS ONE GAME WHERE I WILL *NOT*

carefull on the Jets the bills still play soid defense

showtime2000

Atlanta jumped to -4.5 and Miami dropped to -5.5.

tdotcotez
    tdotcotez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea I'm not discrediting the bills I'm sayin that favre has coles and cotchery... and they got thomas jones to get 3yrds on demand

africanroller

Shoebox the Bills did play solid defense but this team is horrible right now. Unless Losman can actually hit Evans with a pass instead of throwing it a mile over his head this one is over. The Jets have a solid run D and if the Bills cant find a passing game, I see blowout.

Seneca Wallace back starting for the Seahawks today. Maybe the Rams can win one?

I have locked in GB -2.5 and I am going to take TN. This is not the TN team of old and I am not buying that Houston can hang with Chris Johnson and Lendale White. They should put up over 100 yards each. Matt Schaub on the other hand is going to get his bell rung. I like Houston but I am going with the public on this one.

1234 ... Last