CheeseHead
    CheeseHead's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Guys, I think I am going to take some time off from SBR or at least from posting plays with writeups. Now that baseball is here and my son is getting older, I just don't see any value in continuing to spend so much time on SBR. I have too much going on in my life to keep posting. Today, my wife was asking me as we were driving home from dinner why I spend so much time on SBR. To be honest, I really didn't have a good answer. I've been posting my plays daily for over year. I feel like I have shared a ton of my knowledge and helped a lot of people out. I just don't know how much longer I can do this. It's not fair to me or my family to keep wasting so much time on here. I need to reevaluate some things. Might be time to wind down my threads.....it used to be a lot of fun, but now it seems more like a job. Ugh....
    Completely understood...you don't owe anyone anything here and family should come first. Obviously we'd all appreciate it if you kept posting your plays, even without write-ups, at least to finish out this season. I feel like you're still due for an upswing in NBA yet. But if it is causing problems with the family, then you know what to do. Good luck!

NextGeneration
    NextGeneration's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

Thank you LTA, you are a stand up guy. Yes, family always comes first. Good luck!

twinky99
    twinky99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

hey LTA, just want to say thank you for all your picks, im sorry i have never said it sooner, but thanks, and good luck best wishes to the family

musictoscience
    musictoscience's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good teachers should never stop teaching LTA. Enjoy your family life, guess the 2nd family is here on SBR as we support you whatever you choose to do. God bless.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Guys, I think I am going to take some time off from SBR or at least from posting plays with writeups. Now that baseball is here and my son is getting older, I just don't see any value in continuing to spend so much time on SBR. I have too much going on in my life to keep posting. Today, my wife was asking me as we were driving home from dinner why I spend so much time on SBR. To be honest, I really didn't have a good answer. I've been posting my plays daily for over year. I feel like I have shared a ton of my knowledge and helped a lot of people out. I just don't know how much longer I can do this. It's not fair to me or my family to keep wasting so much time on here. I need to reevaluate some things. Might be time to wind down my threads.....it used to be a lot of fun, but now it seems more like a job. Ugh....
    Wow, it will be weird not seeing ur plays LTA. I always wondered how u were able to get time for all the research while maintainng a FT job, young family and all. But thanks for all ur hard work man. It was a fun ride and hopefully we get to see some of ur picks occasionally here at SBR.

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just mentioning basketball here - Wow the blazers/bucks line is now at 206, glad we grabbed it at 203. Good work on getting a great line LTA

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Quote Originally Posted by musictoscience View Post
    Good teachers should never stop teaching LTA. Enjoy your family life, guess the 2nd family is here on SBR as we support you whatever you choose to do. God bless.

Pross1
    Pross1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Les_Nuts View Post
    Just mentioning basketball here - Wow the blazers/bucks line is now at 206, glad we grabbed it at 203. Good work on getting a great line LTA
    I loved this over play when I was looking at today's card last night but was too dumb to jump on it.

Hope you guys cash it!

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Just tell your wife to sign up with SBR then you can get the best of both worlds: Spend time with your wife on SBR!

blackgolden
    blackgolden's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks LTA, i`m gonna miss `bet Under`

TC Woods
    TC Woods's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

I thoroughly miss LTA already but, the rest of you guys could post your leans here

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like another solid pick from LTA. 64 points scored in first period...gives some cushion for one bad quarter. I like it, sadly i didnt see it in time to make a play on it though.

BobbyD914
    BobbyD914's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8518

Anyone have any opinions on the 3 late games? I'm liking the over in the lakers game but just a lean...anyone taking anything?

burchfield
    burchfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I am taking PhX. Nothing points to Lakers winning

blackgolden
    blackgolden's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyD914 View Post
    Anyone have any opinions on the 3 late games? I'm liking the over in the lakers game but just a lean...anyone taking anything?
    already post on my thread, on over suns

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the winner LTA, hope it isn't your last but it would be fitting as you beat the closer by 3 points lol

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

NBA 2011-2012 Regular Season Recap 4/7/2012

1 - 0 = +1x

NBA 2011-2012 Season

126 - 111 = +9.15x

I will be retiring from SBR soon, but not quite yet. I want to make you some more money first. Good luck and Happy Easter.
    Points Awarded:

That Guy gave Love The Action 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dmitean gave Love The Action 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PS3 gave Love The Action 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Conley1914 gave Love The Action 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

karajohn13 gave Love The Action 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Pross1 gave Love The Action 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy easter to you to LTA.

Love The Action

NBA 2011-2012 Regular Season 4/8/2012

Play #1

Bulls/Knicks under (185) 1x (Locked)

The return of Derrick Rose is scheduled for today and I think that will throw off the rhythm of the offense. It would not be surprising to see the Bulls revert to standing around when Rose has the ball and watching him score. This has been a problem in the past and although it seems as though the Bulls have solved that problem this season with more reliable offensive play from Deng, Korver, Boozer, et.al. However, whenever a team gets a superstar back after a long layoff, that tends to disrupt that team a bit from an offensive side. Nevertheless, the Bulls' defense will be as good as usual today and the Knicks are actually playing great team defense over the last 10 games (ranked #6 in DEFF over the last 5). In the last two games between these two teams, they scored 203 on a total of 198 and 207 on a total of 190. Now, the books opened at 186?!? It sure sounds as though they are begging for over money because they believe they will be a low scoring game. I have to agree. Over the last 5 games, the Knicks are playing the 5th slowest PACE in the league which tells me the Woodson philosophy has sunk in. For the season, NY's PACE is averaging 93.6 which is about 4 points slower than they have played most of the year. Funny thing, this slower pace has also coincided with more winning. Consequently, I don't think they revert to the offensive minded knicks and instead stay with a strong defensive philosophy led by Chandler. I have this game set at 184 so not a ton of value, but I think the under is the clear play today. Based on the foregoing, I am rolling with the under for 1x. Good luck.

Play #2

76'ers/Celtics under (177)(-120) 1x (Locked)

I never recommend paying -120 for an NBA total, but every once in a great while I will do just that. It's usually on a low total under in order to lock in a key number and that is the case today. 177 is an important key number for NBA totals set in the 170's and I think it's important to get that number today. There's a reason the books opened at 176.5 under that key number of 177. They were not going to give that advantage at -110. Well ,as you know, I won't shy away from paying -120 when I deem it worthwhile. In this case, we have two slow-paced teams, on a b2b and which should be a defensive battle. In the last game, it was also set at the 176 range and hit 185 because of a shockingly high 1st quarter. Despite that game, the books did not make any adjustment for the over and instead stayed in that 176 range. I think this game only drops as the morning develops with a closer in the 174 or 175 range, so I think buying the hook at 177 makes sense here. I have this game set at 174 which gives us 3 points of variance between my number and the number we bought at 177. Based on the foregoing, I am rolling with the under for 1x. Good luck.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Great write-ups and breakdowns LTA. The best in the biz, imo. Couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on buying points on totals tho. However you make a compelling case.

Thank you for sticking around for a bit more...it helps appreciate the experience more. Kind of like, in the old days, when your girlfriend comes to visit you and you know you only have a little time left together...you cherish each moment.

Err, perhaps that didn't come out exactly how I planned.

LOL...best of luck today anyway...let's get em.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post
    Great write-ups and breakdowns LTA. The best in the biz, imo. Couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on buying points on totals tho. However you make a compelling case.

Thank you for sticking around for a bit more...it helps appreciate the experience more. Kind of like, in the old days, when your girlfriend comes to visit you and you know you only have a little time left together...you cherish each moment.

Err, perhaps that didn't come out exactly how I planned.

LOL...best of luck today anyway...let's get em.

I echo those sentiments. LTA was/is definitely a prize, and undervalued for much of his time here at SBR.

TC Woods

NBA 2011-2012 Regular Season Recap 4/7/2012
    I want to make you some more money first. Good luck and Happy Easter.

Thank GOD

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: karajohn13

dmitean
    dmitean's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3106

Good luck tonight LTA! I like both road teams in both matches you took, but stayed away from the totals.
    I do think that Under in MSG is dangerous. Knicks and Bulls as you mentioned, had some high scores and Knicks played few high results against teams that welcome it, so it depends more on a style Bulls will choose.
    Hope we both sweep today!

lucky cat
    lucky cat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome back and have Happy Easter Sunday.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey LTA,

I haven't been around as much lately as I used to in February 'n March because of various reasons but I can't stress enough how much I've learned around here and how fun and enticing it has been to read you constant comments and write-ups. To be fair, I didn't even make that much money out of you because of that bad funk we hit in March, but I don't care at all about that. The time you took to be here and giving answers and extreme amount of knowledge to people, lots of times undeserving and without appreciation let alone trying to also help you out. This being said, I fully understand your decision. You are clearly a superior mind in sports investing and do not need this for shit, that's obvious, at least in the NBA thread. If this wasn't enough, people still come here all the time to complain about this and that or just troll with a guy that's been makin' them free money if they want for over a year if I'm not mistaken. Your wife is right. I would love to see you keep postin at least once in a while and post your plays, without a write-up, but if you choose to do otherwise, be sure that you have at least one person overseas trully grateful for what he's learned in three months here. I will also say these though, and I might be wrong, I am seeing that in the MLB thread people give a lot of input and lot's of help. Maybe stick only to that in SBR.

Cheers buddy

TC Woods

Bulls/Knicks now at 186

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    Hey LTA,

I haven't been around as much lately as I used to in February 'n March because of various reasons but I can't stress enough how much I've learned around here and how fun and enticing it has been to read you constant comments and write-ups. To be fair, I didn't even make that much money out of you because of that bad funk we hit in March, but I don't care at all about that. The time you took to be here and giving answers and extreme amount of knowledge to people, lots of times undeserving and without appreciation let alone trying to also help you out. This being said, I fully understand your decision. You are clearly a superior mind in sports investing and do not need this for shit, that's obvious, at least in the NBA thread. If this wasn't enough, people still come here all the time to complain about this and that or just troll with a guy that's been makin' them free money if they want for over a year if I'm not mistaken. Your wife is right. I would love to see you keep postin at least once in a while and post your plays, without a write-up, but if you choose to do otherwise, be sure that you have at least one person overseas trully grateful for what he's learned in three months here. I will also say these though, and I might be wrong, I am seeing that in the MLB thread people give a lot of input and lot's of help. Maybe stick only to that in SBR.

Cheers buddy

Thanks dude. I'm glad I could help.

Just to clarify, my decision to retire from the forum has nothing to do with my wife, this is my decision. When I mentioned my wife in a previous post, it was not from her "nagging" me about SBR. We were just having a normal conversation and I brought the subject of SBR up. I love my wife and she supports me in everything I do whether it was helping me get my advanced degree, standing behind me as I advance my career or allowing me the time to invest in sports and spend time on SBR. She gives me the freedom, support and trust to do the right thing for her and our family.

I have a son that will be 1 year old in 2 months right around when the NBA season ends. That is when I will be retiring. I spend about 1 hour per day all together on SBR and I could be doing something more productive with that time. I never had a dad growing up because he died when I was a baby, so I plan on giving my son everything I didn't have and I want to spend a lot of time with him as he grows up and develops. I just think all of my time should be dedicated to my family in one way or the other.

That's all. I might pop in now and again, but I'm not going to keep up a thread up because I just don't have the time for it anymore.
    Good luck buddy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikea33, XGamer, and TeamNookMum

burchfield

5dimes has Bulls at 186. It will probly go on up. People dont realise how much Rose USUALLY slows the game down.

burchfield

Good luck LTA. I also have a 4 yo and 1 yo and wife of 5 years. Sometimes I dont have time to get on the forums and sometimes I do. Dont ever force time on here. With that being said you dont have to give it up all together just get on here when you can and post. You dont have to quit cold turkey silly. Happy easter to everyone

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Quote Originally Posted by burchfield View Post
    5dimes has Bulls at 186. It will probly go on up. People dont realise how much Rose USUALLY slows the game down.
    Damn, the one time I actually catch LTA's picks at the moment he posts and play it immediately, it moves our way after I played.

Damn. I'm not scared of the move but it better not land on 186 or else...

TC Woods

Damn, the one time I actually catch LTA's picks at the moment he posts and play it immediately, it moves our way after I played.

Same thoughts, I may double up and take it @ 186 also

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by TC Woods View Post
    Same thoughts, I may double up and take it @ 186 also
    Don't double up....this is a 1x play, nothing more.

Love The Action

Relax...take it easy. The key number to worry about was 187. If it got there, then I would be concerned about this play. However, I suspect this one closes at 185.5 or less. I highly doubt this game will end on 186. I would suspect if this one goes over, it's going way over into the 190's. Likewise, if this stays under, it will be in the 170's. Good luck.

TC Woods

Don't double up....this is a 1x play, nothing more.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Thanks dude. I'm glad I could help.

Just to clarify, my decision to retire from the forum has nothing to do with my wife, this is my decision. When I mentioned my wife in a previous post, it was not from her "nagging" me about SBR. We were just having a normal conversation and I brought the subject of SBR up. I love my wife and she supports me in everything I do whether it was helping me get my advanced degree, standing behind me as I advance my career or allowing me the time to invest in sports and spend time on SBR. She gives me the freedom, support and trust to do the right thing for her and our family.

I have a son that will be 1 year old in 2 months right around when the NBA season ends. That is when I will be retiring. I spend about 1 hour per day all together on SBR and I could be doing something more productive with that time. I never had a dad growing up because he died when I was a baby, so I plan on giving my son everything I didn't have and I want to spend a lot of time with him as he grows up and develops. I just think all of my time should be dedicated to my family in one way or the other.

That's all. I might pop in now and again, but I'm not going to keep up a thread up because I just don't have the time for it anymore.
    Good luck buddy
    Getting to the fun part. Soon that child will be a sponge and soak up everything and I do mean everything. I have 2 girls, one is 6 and the other is approaching 3 months. I remember vividly the first time my oldest dropped the "F" bomb. It was hard not to crack up because she used it correclty inher sentence. Enjoy.

First ... 277278279280281282283 ... Last