Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    The thing is, I feel like those 4-22 from two point range, plus the turnovers, were no fluke. That kid shumpert is the real deal. I was able to get -115 at a local at + 9 with the line already 7, 7.5 in some other bookies so I jumped on it again, makin' it a two unit play. Just seemed to much value not to burn the lazy ass trader who did not update the line in time!
    Shumphert has promise, but I think any suggestion that shumphert can consistently limit rose to such a low shooting percentage on his own is misguided at best. That was roses's first game back after an extended layoff due to an injury. All of a sudden you assume rose's poor shooting was entirely a result of shump when rose's poor shooting could be just as easily explained away by rust. Rose was not even driving to the hoop in that game - it was all jumpshots. While the kid shumpert has potential, and could very well make an all defense second or third team this year, I think you are giving him too much credit in this case because it takes good team defense and not one guy (except maybe lebron) to stop rose. The issue is moot since rose is most likely sitting so good luck!

Love The Action

Starting to really like philly...

streakyrocket22
    streakyrocket22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

LTA, do you have an any insight on the Kings/Mavs total?? Its currently sitting at 202 and the ref assignment consists of the number 1,3 and 7th ranked refs favoring the over. I know Thorton is out for Kings and he's a big part of their offense. Maybe Dallas team total is the play?

imaricer86
    imaricer86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7290

i can get phili +6...should i jump on it lta?

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Shumphert has promise, but I think any suggestion that shumphert can consistently limit rose to such a low shooting percentage on his own is misguided at best. That was roses's first game back after an extended layoff due to an injury. All of a sudden you assume rose's poor shooting was entirely a result of shump when rose's poor shooting could be just as easily explained away by rust. Rose was not even driving to the hoop in that game - it was all jumpshots. While the kid shumpert has potential, and could very well make an all defense second or third team this year, I think you are giving him too much credit in this case because it takes good team defense and not one guy (except maybe lebron) to stop rose. The issue is moot since rose is most likely sitting so good luck!
    Hmm, maybe I should've add to that: I was taking into consideration the rust. I was just, also, takin in consideration that he should still be rusty and, therefore, with Shumpert on him like a madmen once again, he should have lots of trouble. And if you watched that game like I did, you know the kid had is credit in preventing Rose from driving all the time. Still, even better than a bad Rose, is no Rose, so I'm all good

Would you play Philly at 5.5? Cause some bookies are juicing it at 5.5 already but I can still get it a 5.5 - 110 and was thinking maybe adding other unit. Just don't wanna risk loosing two double dimes in the same day.

JM92

Quote Originally Posted by streakyrocket22 View Post
    LTA, do you have an any insight on the Kings/Mavs total?? Its currently sitting at 202 and the ref assignment consists of the number 1,3 and 7th ranked refs favoring the over. I know Thorton is out for Kings and he's a big part of their offense. Maybe Dallas team total is the play?
    I like the Under without Thornton.

Vasco
    Vasco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3356

Starting to really like philly...
    Hmmmmmm, Philly scares me with how pathetic they've been but this is the Nets we are talking about. Philly needs to show some heart. Line just dropped from -6 to -5.5. Worth it to buy the hook to lock in -5? I'm assuming this eventually goes back to 6.

Love The Action

NBA 2011-2012 Regular Season 4/10/2012

Play #1

76'ers (-5)(-120) 1x (Locked)

This is the exact type of game philly has cashed all year. Im going to buy the hook and trust it won't be necessary. I just dont see philly allowing dwill to beat them tonight. Quantitaively, these teams are similar on offense but philly has a huge advantage on defense. Qualitatively, philly is on revenge, needs this win for the playoffs and wallace is out for nj (and green will not shoot 50% against philly's D). Based on the foregoing, I am rolling with philly for 1x. Good luck.

deeznutz
    deeznutz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

like it

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

I'm with you on this LTA. Theoretically it shouldn't even be close. Unfortunately we're talking about the 76ers. As I write this and watch the game they somehow managed to only score 4 points in 7 minutes of basketball against the Nets.

I figured with the changes to the starting lineup with Turner and Spencer going back to the bench, especially Turner who has been awful, that it would spark their offense but so far it doesn't seem to matter. Luckily it's the Nets and we're not out of it until it's over ....

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    I'm with you on this LTA. Theoretically it shouldn't even be close. Unfortunately we're talking about the 76ers. As I write this and watch the game they somehow managed to only score 4 points in 7 minutes of basketball against the Nets.

I figured with the changes to the starting lineup with Turner and Spencer going back to the bench, especially Turner who has been awful, that it would spark their offense but so far it doesn't seem to matter. Luckily it's the Nets and we're not out of it until it's over ....
    Plenty of time....still 3 mins left if the 1st and down 10 from the cover. That's easily attainable. I knew it would be rocky based on their recent slide, but I still think Philly wins by at least 9 if not DD. It's now or never for this Philly team. If they lose tonight, put a fork in them.

SlickRick1382

Plenty of time....still 3 mins left if the 1st and down 10 from the cover. That's easily attainable. I knew it would be rocky based on their recent slide, but I still think Philly wins by at least 9 if not DD. It's now or never for this Philly team. If they lose tonight, put a fork in them.
    Agreed which is part of the reason I liked them in this spot as well. If they don't win tonight they may as well start kissing their chances at a playoff spot goodbye. It's now or never if they want to get their act together ....

20-20 after 1Q. Looking like they're getting their ducks in order towards the end of the quarter ...

Love The Action

Play #1

This is the exact type of game philly has cashed all year. Im going to buy the hook and trust it won't be necessary. I just dont see philly allowing dwill to beat them tonight. Quantitaively, these teams are similar on offense but philly has a huge advantage on defense. Qualitatively, philly is on revenge, needs this win for the playoffs and wallace is out for nj (and green will not shoot 50% against philly's D). Based on the foregoing, I am rolling with philly for 1x. Good luck.
    Play #2

Bulls (-7) 1x (Locked) Conditional on Rose so follow KC Johnson on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/kcjhoop

If he plays, we are getting tremendous value. If he sits, we can buy out no problem and eat some juice. Too good of an opportunity to pass up after he warmed up with the Dr. and Thibs called him a gametime decision. Please post any Rose CONFIRMATION (i.e not bullshit rumors) here. Good luck.

JM92

https://twitter.com/#!/HowardBeckNYT...75683944706050 ? Have no idea who he is but seems legit that he's OUT.

SlickRick1382

What do yo have this game set to LTA?

A bit of advice if you can spare the time. If I got Knicks at +9. If Rose plays would you play Bulls -7 for the same and hope for the middle, a little more to profit if the Bulls cover or leave the Knicks at +9?

Obviously it's my money but curious what you would do in my situation (I know you wouldn't of played Knicks but Unfortunately I did, although I am getting two points of value

G-manFan
    G-manFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Rose inactive per KC Johnson

JM92

Now KC has also given confirmation.

Vasco
    Vasco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3356

Yep he's out according to roto also:

Derrick Rose will not play on Tuesday against the Knicks due to a sprained ankle.

That makes this a two-game week (at best) for Rose, and owners have to pray he's ready to go on Thursday against the Heat.
    Source: Shandel Richardson on Twitter

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22187

Rose is not in the starting lineup

Love The Action

Play #1

Play #2

Bulls (-7) 1x (Locked) Conditional on Rose so follow KC Johnson on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/kcjhoop

If he plays, we are getting tremendous value. If he sits, we can buy out no problem and eat some juice. Too good of an opportunity to pass up after he warmed up with the Dr. and Thibs called him a gametime decision. Please post any Rose CONFIRMATION (i.e not bullshit rumors) here. Good luck.
    Cancellation of Play #2 Knicks (+7.5) 1x (Locked)

Rose inactive. I'm buying out and hoping for a Bulls 7 point win.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

You never know for sure till game time. Espn just showed him dressed and taking shots during the half of Celtics/Heat.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

He looked fine taking shots around 8:35pm. When asked about his ankle, he said he didn't feel anything. Said ankle was taped up pretty tight.

Source was espn during half time intermission of Heat / Celtics.

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm riding it out, I think we still get it done as I made this play assuming he was out. I got -6.5 so I'm rooting for a 7pt win for you LTA

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?
    mikea33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Lets hope for a bulls 6.5 point win i got -7

THanks

SlickRick1382

Quote Originally Posted by mikea33 View Post
    Lets hope for a bulls 6.5 point win i got -7

THanks
    You mean you have Knicks +7?

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    What do yo have this game set to LTA?

A bit of advice if you can spare the time. If I got Knicks at +9. If Rose plays would you play Bulls -7 for the same and hope for the middle, a little more to profit if the Bulls cover or leave the Knicks at +9?

Obviously it's my money but curious what you would do in my situation (I know you wouldn't of played Knicks but Unfortunately I did, although I am getting two points of value
    I would just stick with my original play. +9 is pretty accurate (I have hit closer to +9.5). Great value without Rose

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Did you honestly think the line moved from 9 to 7 without the books assuming he was going to be out LTA? There was a 70 cent ML drop late morning when it was first reported he was in a walking boot. You were/are getting the Rose-less Bulls at -7, which has been the case all along (just hadn't been made official).

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Great Call on Philly...A nice no stress winner!

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Did you honestly think the line moved from 9 to 7 without the books assuming he was going to be out LTA? There was a 70 cent ML drop late morning when it was first reported he was in a walking boot. You were/are getting the Rose-less Bulls at -7, which has been the case all along (just hadn't been made official).
    It was rigged NoCoin... Right ?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    Not until the Bulls win by 8 after making 2 free throws with 4 seconds to go and the Knicks dribble out the clock....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    What do you mean?

Love The Action

Playing the Padres under in the late baseball game if anyone is interested....there's still 5 minutes or so to get a wager in.

JM92

Should I still hummer the Under 179 in the Hawks/celtics game after all this great shooting by the Cs? Their Pace is also higher than average over the last 5.

Liking Philly again to.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    No. I assumed he was out as I clearly stated numerous times above.

However, when KC Johnson reported that "significant improvement" was made to the ankle and that he was changed to a game time decision after meeting with the training/coaching staff -- at which time both the ML and side moved in favor of the Bulls -- I figured it was worth a shot at -7 or less (because it's such an important key number) if he played. I knew I would set myself up for a possible middle because I could get 7.5 on the Knicks and could cash on a seven point Bulls win. To me, if Rose surprised everyone and played, getting -7 would have been a gift. Good luck on your plays.
    Last edited by Love The Action; 04-10-12 at 09:28 PM.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Im interested in seeing the Lakers/spurs line with no Kobe and teh Knicks/Bucks line. Celtics -3 at home looks like a gift......To bad I can't play the old geezers on the 2nd of a back to back.

First ... 280281282283284285286 ... Last