cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for Tuesday 11/10/08

With Mehmet Okur leaving for Turkey for what is being called a family illness, the Jaz are a little more short handed for the upcoming game against the Sixers in Philly. That kind of troubles me because that was one of my plays for the day. I like the jazz in this spot coming off a loss to the Knicks. But nowthey will be playing without Harpring, Okur, and Williams. Kirilenko is most likly going to continue coming off the bench to bolster the second unit, which means that Kuofos may get the start, an he will be of no help. Rookies facing Brand is not a good option. I am still stewing on this one.

The Denver Nuggets are in a must win situation facing the Bobcats with a long road trip facing them. They face in order after this game Cleveland and Boston. No small order there. So the Bobcats will not be overlooked. The Nuggets are hot winning two in a row ats over Dallas and Memphis. Charlotte is not faring well against the Nuggets going 2-5 ats in the last 7 contests between the two teams. This year it may not be any different. The Bobs allow 7.8 threes per game and are the third worst offensive team in the league averaging only 88.5 points per game. I don't think that that is good news facing Denver the 4th highest scoring team in the league.

I am patiently waiting for the line for Detroit against Sacramento. After getting blown out, Detroit always performs well in their next game. And with the Kings getting Brad Miller back from suspension comes the bad, Kevin Martin is out for a couple of weeks after rolling his ankle. The Kings coudn't have had worse news. Detroit applies the clamps and gets out to a quick lead. I like them for the 1st half no matter what the spread is.

I have made a habit of taking teams when the odds are stacked up against them. New York is an awful defensive team and they are on the road playing the Spurs who are without guard Tony Parker. Those open looks that the Knicks have been getting early in the season will come to an abrupt halt in this mtchup, as the Spurs main focal point is to stop teams from shooting. Knick coach D'Antoni does not have the personnel that he had in Phoenix but is still playing the same brand of basketball. San Antonio has lost most of the games they were heavily favored in this year, and that is pleasing to me as the number for this game is entirely too low, obviously a tell tale reminder of Parkers' injury. With Parker out I look for the Spurs to go back to walking the ball up the floor again and limiting possessions as they did in the past. The Knicks have no shot blocking presence in the paint, and Tim Duncan will dominate the middle. The Knicks have not won in San Antonio since 2003. I would have liked to see the spread at -2, but you can't always get what you want.

Utah+4.5
    Denver-3
    Detroit 1st half, possibly for the game (no spread yet)
    San Antonio-3.5

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    The Denver Nuggets are in a must win situation facing the Bobcats with a long road trip facing them.

Denver-3
    So the Bobcats will just stand stiff-necked in the court and allow Denver to win! For the players their salaries aren't affected by the outcome of these games. Denver won't do anything special to win. Bobcats win on home court.

ronniejamedio
    ronniejamedio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2250

yea denvers defense is piss poor. I like bobbies at home here. leanin into 76ers and and spurs as well.

gl

AUSSIE_PUNTER
    AUSSIE_PUNTER's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Antonio Have Nufin Without Parker Iam On The Nicks With +3.5 Also Ml Untill Parkers Back San Antonio Wont See My Money And Nicks Are Goin Ok On The Road

AUSSIE_PUNTER

Also Adding
    Kings Ml
    Chicago Ml
    Cleveland Ml
    Bobcats Ml

AUSSIE_PUNTER

ALSO EVERYONE CAN SAY IAM A IDIOT FOR BACKING NICKS THATS FINE
    EVERYONE SAID IT WHEN I TOOK ML MIAMI TO BEAT THE SPURS

cocknocker

No one thinks you're an idiot for taking the Heat, Aussie Punter. I had them in that game too for both the 1st half and the game. I have had time to sleep on this one, and being that this is an out of conference game (Denver and Charlotte) I will take my line down to Denver-2. I do anticipate a close game. But Billups just dominates Felton in a major way. Likewise Carmelo is unguardable for anyone on Charlotte's squad. Nene is much stronger and bulkier than Okafor down in the paint. Kenyon Martin? Questionable, but he ill play given the importance of this stetch.

However, everyone on Charlotte's squad is very guardable, including Richardson who is both hot and cold during games. Inclose games you need a reliable go to guy. Denver has two, Charlotte has none.Which explains why they don't win close games. Not saying that the Bobs are going to roll over and quit for the Nuggets, just that they are going to lose this game based upon a lack of true talent.

As far as the Knicks are concerned, this is a trap game if I ever have seen one. Everyone in the entire free world knows that Parker is out, and will be laying the Knicks because of that. Numbers don't lie about my theory. this morning as of now (7:16am pst) 61% of bettors are on the Knicks side. Here's why the pblic is almost always wrong.

The Spurs haven't had a spread at home this small against the Knicks since 1997. This spread was adjusted to accomodate Parkers' injury, and the public that has been getting fat fading the Spurs. The truth of the matter is that the Knicks don't tand a chance against the Spurs if they slow the game down and isolate Tim Duncan and shooters. It's alright. You just were suckered in by the bait (small number assigned for this game.) Allow me to introduce myself to you. I am CK. And judging by the nature of your comments you are not in my league yet in NBA handicapping. You just keep coming to my page and find out during this year. For those who don't know who I am they will know who I am by season's end.

cnleaf
    cnleaf's Avatar Become A Pro!

great research, CK. They definitely will know u in the end.

cnleaf

CK, Since CHI has won ATL in recent years and also ATL is too hot for bettors in the past weeks. The line has gone from -2.5 to -3.5. im thinking of taking CHI for the game -0.5 buying 3 pts down. what do u think?

cocknocker

cnleaf, I think that the Bulls is an excellent play, but I think that the magic number is Chicago-2.

But moreover than that, I expect this to be a low scoring game, however, with the total to go under the set line of 188. I myself passed on the total for this game and here's why.

The under is 4-1 last 5 contests in Chicago, with average over/under lines of 192 and actual combined scores of 188.5. This alone shows me that the linemaker has made an adjustment in response to all of the under winners. But apparently this is just about what they will score. So the total is very tight. My opinion is to leave the total alone and store the results in your memory bank, watching for the next time these two hook up in Chicago, and tether your play against the result of the linemakers obvious adjustment for this game. If it goes under again tonight, he will go down a little more on the total in the next contest. That's when you nail the over and cash the ticket.

Chicago has been favored by 7 points on average in those contests, so to take it down to -2 is basically saying that they have to just win. I think that they will pick up the win tonight at home. They seem to just have Atlanta's number for some reason.

dreday
    dreday's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha CK I remember you.... last year you were on point with all of your writeups, I followed EVERYTHING that happened. Good to see you here. I just found this site as well.

Alex68
    Alex68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Spur is at 4.5 and Detroit is -4 1H & -7. What do u think?

cocknocker

Alex68, I love it. I would take the Spurs down to 3.5, and Detroit 1st half and for the game is spot on. No team in the NBA atones for blowout losses like the Pistons do. I expect them to be up by 6-7 at the half and be a pick em in the second half. bettors who are able to make third quarter bets, i suggest making a LIGHT third quarter bet at the half on them as well. They are doble deep at every position on the floor ad their bench would beat the Kings starters. Watch out for the re-emergence of Antonio McDyess in about a month or so. He thought so highly of the Nuggets that he would rather sit around and wait to rejoin the Pistons in a month. Smart man. This team is my dark horse to take it all this year in the East.

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    This team is my dark horse to take it all this year in the East.
    you're just a detroit homer CK... haha... i'm with you on that game though, i do expect big things out of them this year too... stuckey and maxiell should get more PT this year and they will be sure to show why and AI should be able to do great things for them as well. Fading you on the bobs though... i don't think the chauncey effect sinks in right away and the bobs won in charlotte last year, so i'm giving it another shot... good luck though man, i'll be following you.

CK MAFIA REPRESENT!!!

cocknocker

Whatever, Wang. I just can't get enough of the Pistons I must admit. But I have to work with Denver playing out of conference. I am taking the line down to Denver-2 however. I'm not crazy all the way, just partially! I think they get the job done with a set of late free throws by Mr. Big Shot.

cnleaf

det 1st half gonna be sweet all season.btw CK, deron williams seems to play in utah tonite.
    Last edited by cnleaf; 11-11-08 at 02:42 PM.

cocknocker

cnleaf, you are correct. That shows what kind of coach Sloan is. Players want to give their all for him. One goes out (Okur) one comes back (Williams). I doubt that he will be used in a full capacity so he may not jeopardize the synergy of the team. I am thinking that that was what must have driven down the line (the news of Williams return). Whatever it is, that's sweet that he is giving a college try to help out his undermanned team. I just hope he goes to the hole instead of settlin for jumpers. I am sure his wind isn't back yet.
    Last edited by cocknocker; 11-11-08 at 03:55 PM.

maddogmadden86
    maddogmadden86's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey CK so whats your official playing card for tonight? Also what do you think about the Lakers over the Mavs i might be just taking sides cause i hate the mavs and love the lakers but i cant see them losing this game

maddogmadden86

also what do you think oif the lakers over when these two play it has only gone under in 2 out of their last 10 games

cocknocker

Maddog I have not backed down off of the plays I named at the top of the thread. I like all of them. I am getting the movement I like on them too. Of course since these are all out of conference plays I bought a few points to keep my winning percentage intact. So with my point buys, my plays are exactly like this:

Denver-2
    Jazz +6
    San Antonio-2
    Detroit 1st half-4
    Last edited by cocknocker; 11-11-08 at 04:30 PM.

cocknocker

I actually don't like the total on Dallas/Los Angeles. This will be a hotly contested game. The total does seem a bit low for these teams, especially given their track record. They have had average total lines of 203, and average actual scores of 207. With a total line of 198 assigned to this game, I have red flags. Especially with the total starting of at 197 and only going up to 198. What does the linesmaker know that we don't know? i guess that we'll have to find out. But the total seems unreasonably low, almost enticing one to take the over. It should at the very least have been 204 in my opinion according to my rescoring model. I would pass on this game's total, because it is fishy. if anything if I had a gun pointed at my head, I would have to take the under.

maddogmadden86

yea i concur i'd think to maybe tease the lakers and the over for that game but screw it i'm gonna go with you on your plays lets do this shit and like your old lady used to say lets cash that ticket unless stylistic was you lol

maddogmadden86

hey ck i got the jazz at -3.5 and spurs -4.5 did you buy up 2.5 points on the jazz and 2.5 points? or you think i should tease these two together? lol

NYCKEV
    NYCKEV's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK Mafia in the building! Waddup my Brotha?!? I'm wit you on Det -4 first half and I also l like Den -2.5 and Lakers -6 for the game. Lets get it!

cocknocker

NYCKEV, What's up, my brotha from another world. Good to see you here on the other side. Now let's get some chips!

cocknocker

Maddog Jamelia's (Stylistic) still handicapping, but she isn't posting anymore. Actually she is handicapping on two teams exclusively, oddly enough she only handicaps Kings and Bobcat games. Her theory is that she wants to master two teams this season, andsince she pegged these to teams to lose over 50 games she may be onto something. She does play the PC Plays heavy though. Man, she has more purses and boots than the law allows. She has a dressing room all of her own!

cocknocker

Okay fellas, the Bobs are up 4 at ther half and the spread is Denver-2 for the second half which means that the fix is in. I am taking the Bobcats in the 2nd half for a small wager to find out what they know that I don't know. C'mon refs and shape the game. Donaghey's crew are still working in the NBA

maddogmadden86

thats what up my man i really am in need of some cash bro, i appreciate all your help and tell stylistic i said whats up she hooke me up nicely last year it was a shame i only got to cap with her two weeks due to whack as covers but its all good and a brand new season

maddogmadden86

i cant wait for the first PC play

cocknocker

We've already had three this year and all of them hit. I suspect that they will come once the season is in full swing. Teams are not complete yet, and there are a lot of trades and new coaches, etc. We will hit them big his year again

maddogmadden86

hey ck you know any good cappers for horseracing? monmouth park racetrack is in the town i live in would love to have another capper to chat with

maddogmadden86

thats music to my ears CK

maddogmadden86

splendid 2-0 so far way to go CK you the man

oso
    oso's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK-
    First time poster, I followed all last year betting my first year in the NBA. You are the man! Covers suck! Thanks for the picks tonight lets go Detroit. I hope you keep it going

Good job bro!!!!

cocknocker

maddog, i have a guy that I can call who can make a call to another guy when I need a horse, but that's about it. I only use him every now and then, but I can call him alittle more often once i get in contact with the 1st guy.

12 Last