Betpoints: 297

LOL why did the line open at -2.5?

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    LOL why did the line open at -2.5?

What do you think the line should open at?

Books have a certain process of the way they set the line. I can't pretend that i know exactly how that happens but i have a basic idea. Its based off the Win% and win margins. Then its adjusted of subjective factors like motivation/rest/form and injuries/suspensions and public teams.

So if record wise Magic come out as a fav, what do you think the line should be set at with Howard out? Books can't just pull one of out their ass and set it at -10 can they?

They clearly did not set it right since the market moved it all the way to 6. How often does that happen. When it does happen, a move like that is usually cause by a line-up change (injury) AFTER the line is already out. I'd be willing to bet that an NBA line (opener) moving 4 points without an injury announcement hits at an unprecedented high %.

soxwin
    soxwin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7162

Orlando was +6.5 to close. Nice Value for middling if you predicted the line jump. 4 pts to play with

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

some people have this theory about some mysterious all knowing vegas computer that can predict games on the button every time, and knows what you're having for dinner. These are paranoid beliefs. People like Billy Walters create their own lines and look for soft vegas stuff to unload and get rich on. The lines can be soft, and vegas doesn't know who you're going to bet on until you make your bets, once you do they adjust accordingly to get action on both sides of the game. The allure of a mysterious line being put out there as bait is what keeps a lot of bettors from thinking rationally. Just step back when you start thinking paranoid thoughts, and take a few deep breathes. Vegas doesn't know what's going to happen unless Tim Donaghy is a zebra for the game.

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

Re-check your non existent missing superstar tracker that hits 70%, Howard didn't miss any games in the play-offs last year. Get your facts straight.

it exists , but im not going to post the name of the forum ( CM )

goldengreek

this is utter garbage.

wrong

demens
    Square -910

Prove it. (whats the title of this thread?)

Btw, FindTheLock, that idea of the over looks genius so far. Dint play it but it was a good idea.

goldengreek

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

Re-check your non existent missing superstar tracker that hits 70%, Howard didn't miss any games in the play-offs last year. Get your facts straight.

SORRY IT WAS 2 YRS AGO

DWIGHT DIDNT PLAY IN GAME 6 AT PHILLY

THEY WERE 5.5 POINT DOGS AND WON S/U BY 25

covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nba/results/2008-2009/boxscore780185.html

kingofmonash
    my crap
    kingofmonash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

nice game so far - tight , looks like orlando is getting ready for a strong playoff this season

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Rose 5/5 from the field, don't do em like that D.Rose!

but Bulls defense looks whack early

demens
    Square -910

Bulls 9/10 to start the game. Defense will pick up. Bulls defense i mean.

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Hornets also won their first game without David West recently, at Phoenix. First you have to define "star player" and keep in mind it's for the first game they are out, not subsequent games.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    Hornets also won their first game without David West recently, at Phoenix. First you have to define "star player" and keep in mind it's for the first game they are out, not subsequent games.

Hornets are 6-2 without David West.

Anyone can name a random game where a team won without a star. Show me proof that this is actually something that happens at a winning %.

p.s.
    Bulls are gonna win this game by 20+, Magic have no defense.

chantrain

Hornets are 6-2 without David West.

Anyone can name a random game where a team won without a star. Show me proof that this is actually something that happens at a winning %.
    or how the hell that applies to this specific game...

kingofmonash
    my crap
    kingofmonash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

so far looks like orlando seriosly misses dwight ,, lets see how it tarries on

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    or how the hell that applies to this specific game...
    Or how David West qualifies as the star of a team with Chris Paul on it.

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

The system applies to the 1st game playing without star...but it does not apply when multiple starters are out..........

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Fish View Post
    The system applies to the 1st game playing without star...but it does not apply when multiple starters are out..........
    Show me where this system is being tracked.

chantrain

Bench mob not doing work right now

nobull
    nobull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6141

gambling gods will work their magic wand in this game ? anything's possible

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post

it exists , but im not going to post the name of the forum ( CM )
    I looked at CM and i dont see a thread tracking anything in the 1st 5 pages of the NBA section. Where is it?

soxwin
    soxwin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7162

Key to winning at gambling. Realizing that what should happen more often than not doesn't.

There are certain trends you just don't go against. Often they don't make sense.

1. betting on team with star out in their 1st game.
    2. Sox/Yankee overs
    3. Betting under on Coll hoops total 160 and above
    4. west coast team play 1 pm east coast game in NFL(trend is winding down but it always was $$$)
    5. NFL out of conference game after playing 3 straight division games take out of conf team.

You just bet these games Don't ask why. When you try to justify it, you miss out.
    Last edited by soxwin; 04-10-11 at 12:46 PM.

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

Demens..............this system has been in use for a while by many good cappers...........read what I said "but it does not apply when multiple starters are out" ...I have 5 units on the Bulls -3.5.....................

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Fish View Post
    Demens..............this system has been in use for a while by many good cappers...........read what I said "but it does not apply when multiple starters are out" ...I have 5 units on the Bulls -3.5.....................
    Multiple starters are not out for the Magic so not sure why you keep talking about multiple starters.

And this system is utter made up non sense imo. No offense. Show me proof that its not. Yes i know the Thunder won a game @ Boston without Durrant and that Hornets won a game without West. Show me a comprehensive list of games and cherry pick a random one that fits your argument.

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Good pick if Rose stays on the bench lol

bowers1989
    bowers1989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

bulls need to step up that defense. playing like shit

chantrain

Rose playing good, its every other starter thats sucking. Defense as a whole looks bad with the starters

goldengreek

Bulls shot 62.5 % in the first half and we are down 1
    I think we are safe here ( crosses fingers )

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do the Bulls have any reason to play starters the whole 2H ?

goldengreek

Multiple starters are not out for the Magic so not sure why you keep talking about multiple starters.

And this system is utter made up non sense imo. No offense. Show me proof that its not. Yes i know the Thunder won a game @ Boston without Durrant and that Hornets won a game without West. Show me a comprehensive list of games and cherry pick a random one that fits your argument.
    I told you three fukin times that I have a 2.5 year running thread tracking this system

Like someone else said above.. ppl dissagree who is considered a "superstar" some ppl will count someone like Stephen Curry.. I dont

Google it or find out the forum with the initial CM and go find it..its documented in there

goldengreek

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    Rose playing good, its every other starter thats sucking. Defense as a whole looks bad with the starters
    huh ??????

they shot 65 % as a team... the entire roster was making their shots

chantrain

ew, Bulls looking awful. Noah and Boozer playing awful.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

it's because of the way the magic game plan without howard. vegas has the total set at such a low number because of historical meetings between these two teams having a low number, but without howard the magic shoot more 3's and run a more fluid offense. Howard misses a lot of FT's but he makes up for it with blocked shots and rebounds.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    I told you three fukin times that I have a 2.5 year running thread tracking this system

Like someone else said above.. ppl dissagree who is considered a "superstar" some ppl will count someone like Stephen Curry.. I dont

Google it or find out the forum with the initial CM and go find it..its documented in there
    1st of all, shut your dirty mouth you peace of trash. You run around the forum begging for respect and this is how you respond to people?

I asked you 3 fuckin times to show me proof. More then 3 times. Just like i told you you were wrong that Howard missed a play-off game multiple times. Open your eyes and read the posts.

I looked at CM and i dont see a thread tracking anything in the 1st 5 pages of the NBA section. Where is it?

goldengreek

1st of all, shut your dirty mouth you peace of trash. You run around the forum begging for respect and this is how you respond to people?

I asked you 3 fuckin times to show me proof. More then 3 times. Just like i told you you were wrong that Howard missed a play-off game multiple times. Open your eyes and read the posts.

Do you thing you are talking to goat milk ? Put it on pause a bit

I was right about Howard missing a playoff game and wrong about the year.

Im not your personal fuking servant.. look harder.. Im not gonna get an infraction by posting links to other forums

And... I dont have to prove shit to you son.. Who they fuk are you ? GOD ?

Take my word for it or not.. if you dont take my word for it than look for it.. if you cant find it too bad ...look harder.

Im under no fuking obligation to do shit for you . Do you want me to wipe your ass for u also ?

First 1234567 ... Last