chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

the playoffs LAST YEAR?

I wouldn't use last year to try and prove anything about this year...

last year may as well be last decade

KINGJAMES23
    KINGJAMES23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago rolls.

Orlando will get crushed on the boards. Bulls are the best rebounding team in the NBA and no Dwight? Orlando's entire offensive and defensive strategies rely on Dwight dominating the paint. The Bulls are gonna be able to stay at home on shooters with no threat in the paint. Nobody on Orlando can stay in front of Rose and Dwight isn't there to contest at the rim.

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

no howard to stop all da long penetration by rose , deng and presence for boozer down low should prove get go against obvious under play but i think bulls have there way and ill take over

lucky cat
    lucky cat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    I stated my opinion on the game

I didnt tell ANYONE to play it

Everyone makes their own choices

50 % chance im right / 50% chance Im wrong
    Thanks to GG. I'm + 4.5 k last week.

NOREGRETS
    NOREGRETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 560

Orlando up to +5 now. Bulls getting pounded. This play kills me (I am Bulls fan too). Can't play with your heart.

BigBoi
    BigBoi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

GG. I'm with you. Let's cash it.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Game means a lot for Bulls. They can still get best record in the NBA which would mean a lot in the finals. Coach says he's not resting anyone and they want to keep this thing going. Game means nothing for Magic.

KINGJAMES23
    KINGJAMES23's Avatar Become A Pro!

What did Orlando do in the playoffs last year when Howard was suspended for 1 game ??

what did they win by ? 20 ? 30 ?
    Who gives a shit about last year? They completed a huge trade this season to overhaul their team. It's not the same team, it's not relevant.

I personally disagree with you but if you're gonna argue it at least use relevant evidence.

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

forget the public, if the majority of SBR are on the bulls well thats an auto-fade

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Like that the spread has moved 2.5 points but the ML hasnt moved more than 10 cents. GL today

lucky cat
    lucky cat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe Chicago is another GIFT from Vegas.

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Good luck on this play on it also!

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Bulls always show up for big games against the elite teams. I have no doubt about the effort the Bulls will give today. You always run the risk that Magic will get hot from 3 pt line. If someone was gonna lay down and not play hard today, which team do you think it would be? You don't win 17 0f last 19 without playing hard.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT BEING A HUGE PUBLIC PLAY

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HOWARD NOT PLAYING

DO SOME RESEARCH AND CHECK TO SEE ALL NBA TEAMS RECORDS ATS THE FIRST GAME THEY PLAY WITHOUT A "SUPERSTAR" PLAYER

THIS SYSTEMS HITS AT 70 + % AND I HAVE A 3 YEAR RUNNING THREAD ABOUT IT AT ANOTHER FORUM

gl

THIS IS UTTER GARBAGE.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Obviously the bulls were the play at 2.5 but if this thing gets to 6.5 or 7 might not the magic also be a play with that number?

demens
    Square -910

What did Orlando do in the playoffs last year when Howard was suspended for 1 game ??

what did they win by ? 20 ? 30 ?
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

Re-check your non existent missing superstar tracker that hits 70%, Howard didn't miss any games in the play-offs last year. Get your facts straight.

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

**** this, it's now 6 with my local. In this case, will you guys take ORL?

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Howard did receive a Flagrant for throwing an elbow against the hawks, but I can't remember if they actually suspended him or not.

HOT WINGS

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_y...gid=2009043020

Was game 6 against Philly in 09 just typed it in google. Took about 2 seconds to find.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    Howard did receive a Flagrant for throwing an elbow against the hawks, but I can't remember if they actually suspended him or not.
    Its not that hard to look up.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo.../dwight-howard

Its the 2nd time he said Howard missed a game in the play-offs last year. Didn't respond the 1st time i said this was wrong.

No wonder he has stats that 1st game of a star out teams cover 70%, its one of the biggest bullshit stats i've heard this year. Ask NoCoin, he loves that missing star angle, see how he's done on the season with it. SJ was somewhat keeping track of it too.

Rawk-
    Rawk-'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Orlando +6.5 for a dime lets cash

postal warrior
    postal warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Howard missed a playoff game in 2009 and the Magic blew out the 76ers without him 114 - 89.

GG mixed up the year but still baffles me all the hate this guy gets. I would really like to see all of you haters post your plays all season long and let us track you guys.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_y...gid=2009043020

Was game 6 against Philly in 09 just typed it in google. Took about 2 seconds to find.
    Forget the fact they had Gortat back then, if only this current team had their 2nd back-up back then Tony Battie, he'd probably get 30+ min tonight.

Their front court consists of 2 players. Anderson and Bass. Those are the guys going against Boozer/Noah/Gibson/Asik/Thomas.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by postal warrior View Post
    Howard missed a playoff game in 2009 and the Magic blew out the 76ers without him 114 - 89.

GG mixed up the year but still baffles me all the hate this guy gets. I would really like to see all of you haters post your plays all season long and let us track you guys.
    I didn't read through the whole thread so not sure what hate you're talking about. But the 2 comments i responded to are completely garbage. I bet you there is no data tracking or proving the missing star 70% claim, in reality that # is nowhere NEAR that. I dont claim to track it so i can't say exactly what it is but i can tell you its not a winning %. And the 2nd comment about Howard missing a play-off game is A) 100% wrong. B) Since its 2009 he meant to say, its utterly irrelevant.

He missed a game 2 years ago, and that matters some how? Look at the box score of that game. There are 2 players there that are still with Orlando. Redick and Hedo. Nelson didn't even play then. This is as relevant as saying North Carolina won a game without Ty Lawson in 2006.

I just have a hard time taking him serious when he posts his record whenever he says anything as proof that what he is saying is true. And plays 20 games in a day sometimes. I dont know what that.

HOT WINGS

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Forget the fact they had Gortat back then, if only this current team had their 2nd back-up back then Tony Battie, he'd probably get 30+ min tonight.

Their front court consists of 2 players. Anderson and Bass. Those are the guys going against Boozer/Noah/Gibson/Asik/Thomas.
    Might have to reconsider now. I had no Idea on this info. I was thinking they still had Gorat.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

this line is at 7 now

Wiscsportsfan92
    Wiscsportsfan92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bulls are real hot right now..but I think theyre going to start resting some players so the +3 looks nice today

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Wiscsportsfan92 View Post
    Bulls are real hot right now..but I think theyre going to start resting some players so the +3 looks nice today
    I think what their coach said (that he isn't going to rest anyone), is a bit more important then what you think.
    Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave demens 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I didn't read through the whole thread so not sure what hate you're talking about. But the 2 comments i responded to are completely garbage. I bet you there is no data tracking or proving the missing star 70% claim, in reality that # is nowhere NEAR that.
    I can tell you that for this particular team, since they got rid of Gortat, the missing-star angle is hitting at 0%. Sample size is only one game, but you're right about Orlando's front court. They don't have the players to step up in Howard's absence.

FindTheLock

yeah I am a magic fan and was just going on memory. For some reason I thought it was the hawks,b ut now that you guys mentioned it, it was the 6ers. Either way, I am a magic fan and without Howard on our team we shouldn't beat the wizards 6 out of 10 times. He's the only player worth a damn on our defense. This is the end of the season so I am not betting the NBA. Just too much risk involved and at this point in the regular season trends don't mean shit. These guys are already locked and loaded just trying to stay healthy. What I think it comes down to is who actually cares enough to win games, and based on what i've seen recently I would trust the bulls over the magic any day of the week in this one. I am not betting so my opinion is shit! GL to those who do.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Maybe this angle is a long-term winner (or maybe not), but the long-term win percentage does not equate to the likelihood of winning any single game it applies to.

rufflesmuncher
    rufflesmuncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

im deifnitely on bulls for this game!

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6672

I wonder wat the rebounding differential will be, orl must run like hell this game

FindTheLock

the over might be worth a look. The magic won't have any defense tonight and are good at playing catch up behind the 3 point line

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Maybe this angle is a long-term winner (or maybe not), but the long-term win percentage does not equate to the likelihood of winning any single game it applies to.
    Its a winner this season thats for sure. Not just for the Magic.

I think its a funny angle because even if it hit 10%, the idea of a shorthanded team winning against all odds is something worth noting, so when it happens it sticks in your memory. You think wow, can't believe TeamABC won without their all-star CBA, amazing. But when TeamsABD, ABE and ABF get blown out in their games you really dont pay attention to that much so when looking back you remember those few times that it worked slanting your perception of the overall record.

First 123456 ... Last