wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

As A Fan of NASCAR

If you are a true fan of NASCAR are you also a fan of the road courses? I don't consider myself anything more than a casual fan but I really don't like the road courses at all. I understand mixing it up and attempting to draw in new fans and that's cool but it just doesn't have the same feel to me.

What say you?

sharpmoney
    sharpmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Road courses aren't as exciting as some of the other courses. However I still watch the race. From a betting perspective I usually just take the weekend off.

wal66

I've never really pay any attention to wagers of the sort. I imagine they would be like golf where one driver is lined against another driver to finnish a head of?

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

I dont like it as well either!!!!!!!!!!!!11

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    I've never really pay any attention to wagers of the sort. I imagine they would be like golf where one driver is lined against another driver to finnish a head of?
    You have odds to win, top 3, top 5, head to head, futures. all kinds of ways to lose.

your pixel army
    your pixel army's Avatar Become A Pro!

I circle the two road courses as two of my favorite races of the year. I'm a Nascar fan, but I'm also a fan of many other series, so that may have something to do with it.

I went to Road America on Saturday, and I was just giddy with excitement. There were so many people there, and everyone was jacked about it. I hate Edwards though.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I do not care for them, and glad I passed on betting Sonoma. Because I would of got jacked by Ambrose too.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by your pixel army View Post
    I circle the two road courses as two of my favorite races of the year. I'm a Nascar fan, but I'm also a fan of many other series, so that may have something to do with it.
    Me too, but I think we are unusual. F1 fans I know think I've lost my mind to be so interested in NASCAR, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by your pixel army View Post
    I went to Road America on Saturday, and I was just giddy with excitement. There were so many people there, and everyone was jacked about it. I hate Edwards though.
    I was looking forward to Road America too, but have to say I think it is a bit too long for NASCAR races, especially when they throw yellows as quickly as this did on Saturday so often.

wal66

Pixel and Optional, if you don't mind where are you guys either from or originally from? Not setting you up or anything just wondering if it is because or region maybe. Ofcourse F1 was mentioned and a love of that sport would strongly influence enjoying or even loving the NASCAR road races as well.

As is the case with everything it's a matter of perspective though and that's cool. I know for myself watching live I wouldn't enjoy races like Datona but would prefer Bristol but when it comes to watching on TV I don't really like the short tracks.

your pixel army
    your pixel army's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm in Wisconsin. I think I became a Nascar fan ~2000, but I went to the Le Mans race in 2004 at Road America and started going ever since. Now I try to get out there a few times a year to catch the motorcycles, SCCA and sometimes Le Mans race.

I don't follow other series championships like I do Nascar, but I enjoy watching all different series race.

I've also gotten more excited about the Nascar road courses in the last 2 years because I'm a huge Allmendinger fan, and I know that Sonoma or Watkins is probably one of his best shots at scoring a win.

Optional

I'm Australian, so that probably explains it. I like pretty much any sport that involves a motor, from the Red Bull Air Race through to Offshore Power Boats, but only follow NASCAR and F1 really closely.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I like pretty much any sport that involves a motor,
    motorboating FTW

Optional