ATP Stockholm Semi Final

1* Paire (2.35)

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

ATP Swiss Indoors

1* Stepanek (2.10)

Fading Mr.
    Sharapova after his virgin torunamanet win.

Dr.Gonzo

No luck on posted ATP plays at the moment, 0-3

Horse racing 25/10

Mooney Valley Race 8 no.1 Lucky Nine

Short price favorite Samaready comes into this race off a career peak rating, if she flattens out here Lucky Nine has the best form and should be winning.

Horse Racing 26/10

Mooney Valley Race 10 no.11 It's A Dundeel

There are 4 horses at single figure odds and I've marked 3 of them much longer than the market so that leaves It's A Dundeel as a dominate favorite on my ratings.

Sports.bet are running a moneyback promotion for 2nd & 3rd, if you're a hundred dollar punter I suggest you take that bet.

rohan22no
    rohan22no's Avatar Become A Pro!

I want to hear more about the racing tips Gonzo! How do you do them? Modeling or subjective or what?! Is it more profitable than sports? Looking forward to your reply

Dr.Gonzo

I start with video and sectional time analysis, speed ratings, speed maps. My speed maps are subjective, although they can be derived from raw data. I focus on Sydney racing and interstate carnivals, anything more than that and you really need to be more model based than I am.

For speed ratings read Beyer on Speed, you can produce a price just from that figure, that's a good start.

I price my horses subjectively but I have speed ratings and positive and negative trends weighting my assessments. There are alot of things that need to be considered, example: the track bias or wind conditions could turn the race on its head. I should be more model based but I hate data entry and lack programming ability

Is it more profitable than sports? There's opportunities to find extraordinary value that is hard to find in sports but it has its drawbacks as well, it's full of corruption and lacks transparency.

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

With Atlantic Jewel out, It's a Dundeel looks great value, just don't want too much rain! Form looks good, and I think the only threat is puissance de lune, who to me looks pretty good at the moment, but may be looking for the 2 mile, so I'm on it for the cup instead.

I used to use the video replays to frame my own markets too, but I don't do it enough to warrant paying the fee now that it is no longer up for free. Are there many options for race replays these days?

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by Coopertrooper View Post
    With Atlantic Jewel out, It's a Dundeel looks great value, just don't want too much rain! Form looks good, and I think the only threat is puissance de lune, who to me looks pretty good at the moment, but may be looking for the 2 mile, so I'm on it for the cup instead.

I used to use the video replays to frame my own markets too, but I don't do it enough to warrant paying the fee now that it is no longer up for free. Are there many options for race replays these days?
    I agree PDL looks the danger given the map and he's the only other horse I've got in single figure odds but represents unders at current quotes for me.

Your only option is to copy all the videos in the week you can access them for free and build your own video library or shell out the subscription fee, someone was saying you can backdoor your way into bigpond racing libraries still but I haven't seen how to do it. It's a disgrace that an industry whose vast majority of funding (85%) comes from gambling revenue tries to squeeze every last drop of our blood to scrape out a profit instead of attracting participants.

Coopertrooper

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    I agree PDL looks the danger given the map and he's the only other horse I've got in single figure odds but represents unders at current quotes for me.

Your only option is to copy all the videos in the week you can access them for free and build your own video library or shell out the subscription fee, someone was saying you can backdoor your way into bigpond racing libraries still but I haven't seen how to do it. It's a disgrace that an industry whose vast majority of funding (85%) comes from gambling revenue tries to squeeze every last drop of our blood to scrape out a profit instead of attracting participants.
    I flat out refuse to buy a subscription, it is meant to be about $3 a day isn't it? Unless you've got the time it just becomes too much effort to hoard all of the videos, so I've dropped off the horses a fair bit. Added to that the difficulty of getting access to the knowledge required and it becomes tough to justify spending time looking at it instead of sports. I do some occasional work with a bookie on course, the amount the average mug loses is crazy. You really have to have all of the race replays to do the true form, and need to know the plans and fitness of your selection. The written form is too tough to go off (and I found a few times they would have typos, so a 5L loss was only meant to be 1.5, pretty big difference when you're analysing that form!). My family have a share in a few horses too, even getting good info of how your own horse is really going can be tough, the trainer never wants to tell you a horse can't win.

Having said that, with the new landscape of online bookies and good promotions, the carnival has become an attractive option again. The Double the Odds from Ladbrokes is generous, plus sportsbet always have good promotions.

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Hi guys. Don't Mind the horses either although don't follow them much anymore. Will have a few quaddies and others during the spring. If you have some quaddies picks drop them out.

I like like sacred falls tomorrow.

Dr.Gonzo

No luck on posted ATP plays at the moment, 0-3

Horse racing 25/10

Mooney Valley Race 8 no.1 Lucky Nine

Short price favorite Samaready comes into this race off a career peak rating, if she flattens out here Lucky Nine has the best form and should be winning.

Horse Racing 26/10

Mooney Valley Race 10 no.11 It's A Dundeel

There are 4 horses at single figure odds and I've marked 3 of them much longer than the market so that leaves It's A Dundeel as a dominate favorite on my ratings.

Sports.bet are running a moneyback promotion for 2nd & 3rd, if you're a hundred dollar punter I suggest you take that bet.
    Should have won, didn't handle the turn and lost his position but stormed home and wins next hop.

Cost me almost $30,000 missing that photo.

Had the Tri multiple times and the F4 with Lucky Nine and Samaready standout. F4 paid over 11k and it would have paid more with Lucky Nine winning.

Sick he's clearly the best horse, I never get a penetrating break

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Tough break mate.

Coopertrooper

Very unlucky, the Valley turn takes another victim. That was the difference between 1st and 2nd, just knowing the brutal turn.

Dr.Gonzo

ATP Paris

1* Feliciano Lopez (2.20)

Dr.Gonzo

NFL Week 8

Rams +11.5

Double digit home dog on MNF.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

NFL Week 8

Rams +11.5

Nice hit. I was on the under.

OZnBa Fan
    OZnBa Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL Week 8

Rams +11.5

I watched the whole game boy can Robert Quinn get some sacks. Of fence was horrible by the Seahawks but luckily the defense of the rams turned up. I tailed for a unit thank you my friend

Dr.Gonzo

NFL

Packers ML (2.05)

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Sorry for snapping at you, I thought you were making fun of me. I always welcome discussion with guys of your betting IQ. There are plenty of people who do clog up my thread but you most definitely aren't one of them...

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Sorry for snapping at you, I thought you were making fun of me. I always welcome discussion with guys of your betting IQ. There are plenty of people who do clog up my thread but you most definitely aren't one of them...
    No problem.

Dr.Gonzo

NFL

Packers ML (2.05)
    Things didn't go to plan here.

TB ML (2.20) for tonight's game. Coach and players need a win and they get their chance at home.

Have them +8.5 in the final leg on some teasers so I'll be needing that cover.

RedRightHand
    RedRightHand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Nicely done

Dr.Gonzo

Thanks RRH

Record update

NFL
    ATS: 2-1
    ML: 1-1 (+0.20)

ATP
    1-3 (-1.80)

Dr.Gonzo

NFL

Colts -2.5

Dr.Gonzo

UFC 167

1* Parlay Evans @1.54 into GSP @1.43 for a return of $2.20

Sports.bet also offer a small promo, 4 leg parlay of >$4 will get a refund if you hit 3 legs. I added Perez @1.20 and Elliott @1.60 for a return of $4.23

Dr.Gonzo

Rugby League World Cup

England to reach finals @4.25

A Stu Feiner 10,000,000 dime play

Dr.Gonzo

NFL - Half Time

KC +10

Dr.Gonzo

NFL

Panthers -3

Dr.Gonzo

Record update

NFL
    ATS 4-1-1
    ML 1-1(+0.20)

UFC
    Parlays 1-0 (+1.20)

Good week on posted plays, went 3-0-1 and the position on England has been arbed, essentially another win.

Dr.Gonzo

NFL Week 12

ATL Falcons +8.5

Dr.Gonzo

I kept a little of the 4.25 on England in case I wanted to do something.

I'll take a unit on NZ 1-12 @3.15, so I've essentially got Eng +12.5.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Great work this season Gonzo. I guess I should admit defeat on our long standing South's debate. Turns out you were right, they were eventually exposed and Sammy boy (while still great) is definitely not the world's best forward. Most would probably say Sonny-Bill but personally I would lean towards JWH or Corey Parker. Anyway hope we can work together next season. Good stuff...
    I still think SBW is the best player in the world but Sam Burgess really stepped up in a big game against NZ, I will have to raise my opinion of him a little after that performance. James Graham was huge as well, deserves a mention.

South's have addressed some personal areas I rightfully had grave concerns over last season, still have problems with them but I think they are probably Easts greatest threat to prevent a repeat.

For anyone interested in RLWC final, I'm leaning NZ with the points at first glance. They have a good profile for an underdog, coming out of a high level game against a team that hasn't had to enter second gear.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sando

Dr.Gonzo

NFL Week 12

49ers -5

Dr.Gonzo

Record update

NFL
    ATS 6-1-1
    ML 1-1(+0.20)

RLWC
    1-1 (+1.15)

aylukeay
    aylukeay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2436

hey gonzo and co. i just signed up the other day and started a thread in the cricket forum (which on reflection i should have perhaps started in this forum)
    i noticed you guys talking about race replays for Melbourne/syd...i have devised a video database. which is pretty simple

their is a program which can be downloaded called wmconvertor which records any stream your computer plays (so as a result i always have it turned off otherwise it might record some compromising things) but after any race meeting i want to record.
    i go to the race replays site start the stream - it automatically starts downloading as soon as it plays then click through to the next race.
    so it literally only takes 1 minute to click on all 8 races to start the dl process of the whole meet.
    then i placed them into folders sorted by track and date.

if you are doing this you might want to invest in a external hard drive though.
    forget paying the ridiculous price for a service that should be free!
    Last edited by aylukeay; 11-26-13 at 10:23 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Dr.Gonzo gave aylukeay 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by aylukeay View Post
    hey gonzo and co. i just signed up the other day and started a thread in the cricket forum (which on reflection i should have perhaps started in this forum)
    i noticed you guys talking about race replays for Melbourne/syd...i have devised a video database. which is pretty simple

their is a program which can be downloaded called wmconvertor which records any stream your computer plays (so as a result i always have it turned off otherwise it might record some compromising things) but after any race meeting i want to record.
    i go to the race replays site start the stream - it automatically starts downloading as soon as it plays then click through to the next race.
    so it literally only takes 1 minute to click on all 8 races to start the dl process of the whole meet.
    then i placed them into folders sorted by track and date.

if you are doing this you might want to invest in a external hard drive though.
    forget paying the ridiculous price for a service that should be free!
    Good post mate, they already got me for the two hundred though.

Welcome to the forum.

First ... 2345678 ... Last