Originally posted on 11/25/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
Great work this season Gonzo. I guess I should admit defeat on our long standing South's debate. Turns out you were right, they were eventually exposed and Sammy boy (while still great) is definitely not the world's best forward. Most would probably say Sonny-Bill but personally I would lean towards JWH or Corey Parker. Anyway hope we can work together next season. Good stuff...
I still think SBW is the best player in the world but Sam Burgess really stepped up in a big game against NZ, I will have to raise my opinion of him a little after that performance. James Graham was huge as well, deserves a mention.

South's have addressed some personal areas I rightfully had grave concerns over last season, still have problems with them but I think they are probably Easts greatest threat to prevent a repeat.

For anyone interested in RLWC final, I'm leaning NZ with the points at first glance. They have a good profile for an underdog, coming out of a high level game against a team that hasn't had to enter second gear.