TeamTT
    TeamTT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Any play on the shield match tonight??

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

North Harbour v Auckland.

Going to have a play on Auckland to cover the spread of 14.5 here. Thought it might of been a little higher here so had to double check the Auckland squad and it's basically the same except for a very large inclusion in that of Ali Williams, he'll no doubt be a little rusty but he doesn't have long to impress All Black selectors so expect a big game from him. Harbours line out is very average so he should have a field day there.

The Auckland backs should run riot here, Harbour leak points for fun and the way Auckland play I'm hoping and expecting a very large score put up (35pts+). On to Harbour, they played okay down in Wellington but again gave up a bunch of points just this time they managed to score a few. They are a very average team who have been torn to bits in the media here which could work against me as this is a famous derby match in New Zealand which has lost some of it's luster as Harbour have been terrible for some time now, that's the only way this stays close is a bit of Harbour passion. I'm siding with the big city boys, still got alot to play for and this shouldn't be a let down spot for them, Charles Piatau hattrick please!

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Weather here looks pretty average but if the rain holds off I like the play.

Canterbury and Wellington both made big statements this weekend. I think Auckland do the same here.

RobertPaulson
    RobertPaulson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27251

Like the thinking here guys....Auckland -14.5 2x

Might chase Ben Lam to score also

Mase of Base

Got there in the end, ref tried to gift Harbour one at the end giving a penalty then a free kick both off Auckland scrums. Auckland just needed the ball more and it would of been real ugly but credit to Harbour they held onto it well, can't score though.

RobertPaulson

If Harbour scored off that last penalty I would have been furious, lucky they did not....Auckland should have won more comfortably but i'll take it.

Good win guys

RobertPaulson

Tasman +7.5 2x

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by RobertPaulson View Post
    Tasman +7.5 2x
    Like your thinking I just did a little write up in easysaids thread, line dropped to 5.5 but back to 7.5 now. Tasman are a decent shot at covering that.

RobertPaulson

Just read ur bit, It could go either way but can't take Counties juice; espcially in this situation. Tasman just been one of those teams this year and I'll take them getting 7.5....What are you taking?

Mase of Base

Just read ur bit, It could go either way but can't take Counties juice; espcially in this situation. Tasman just been one of those teams this year and I'll take them getting 7.5....What are you taking?
    With you, nice try Malneek!

RobertPaulson

Great try but disappointing giving up those late penalties, still got breathing room though. I'd like to see Tasman come away with the win.

Mase of Base

How does everyone feel about the under tonight? I've already locked it in so it's a bit late!

Thoughts on it were firstly it's a final although off the top of my head there has been plenty of points in the last few finals. Otago have a lights out kicker and Kerr is pretty solid also so they can tally quick points, I'm hoping for good defensive performances from both sides as I feel they cancel each other out in most aspects. Otago ML is a joke there's no way Counties should be favoured by that bigger difference, they have two huge guns back in Ellison and Smith who are by far the best players on the field and are way too good for this half of the competition.

That's why I've made a post in this thread as I've seen easy is on Counties at the spread, I can't go against him (on fire mate!) but given the way Counties struggled for 60 mins against, let's be honest, a dreadful Southland side I'm struggling to see how they do it other than home field advantage. Otago haven't been great on the road but in my opinion this isn't far off a pick em so getting a huge price on Otago screams value.

After all that I'm probably going to stick with my under (and probably be buried!) just feel that's a bunch of points to put up in a game that means so much to two very proud unions, can't see blow out points to either at the end is the main thing I'm basing this on.

Good luck to all it should be a cracker.

RobertPaulson

Can't touch the total in this one sorry, I've been leaning Otago and the points but haven't taken anything yet

Mase of Base

Can't touch the total in this one sorry, I've been leaning Otago and the points but haven't taken anything yet
    Yeah I feel really good about it so the opposite it bound to happen! Must be a bunch of late money on Otago the ML has moved a fair bit.

Mase of Base

Wow I knew I was in trouble right away in this one this game is being played at PACE, surely they can't keep this up for 80 but it looks like I'm done. I'd love to know what Tana said to Counties before this game as they look brilliant with the ball in hand.

Otago need to assert that dominance they have in the scrum and not let Counties get away with those cheap throws from line outs as they're just playing right into Counties hands at the moment. If Counties try to grind this out it'll be playing how Otago want it so if they keep throwing the kitchen sink at it they'll do this easily.

Mase of Base

And why isn't that first five for Otago kicking the guy is brilliant!

Mase of Base

aaaaaand blow out points takes it over, very dissappointed in Otago but huge props to Counties and their staff they got up when it mattered. Fukk you Otago you bums just had to hold out for three minutes and you made it that easy.

RobertPaulson

Couldn't even hold on at the end. That's why I wasn't touching the total, could see some backdoor shit....sorry man, but great win for Counties.

RobertPaulson

ITM Final - Auckland +9.5 4x

First 1234