Betpoints: 9512

gulfstream

R1 #4 miss loretta (5-1)

R2 #5 st louie arch (3-1) **
    R2 #7 let's go luna (20-1)

** 2 horses

R3 #3 magicgirl (8-5)

R5 #4 bite the stars (12-1)

dont get the ml.. 2yo first time starter has solid pedigree, top jock and very capable trainer.. if you're playing live wouldn't play this one above the morning line

R6 #4 myfirstexwife lol (9-2) lol me lol

R8 #7 off the mark (10-1)
    R10 #4 crespucula (12-1)

fairgrounds

R2 #6 mucho macho bets (6-1)
    R4 #8 cleanup time (5-1)

R5 #1 pink appeal (4-1)
    R6 #5 good one (6-1)
    R7 #8 gaelic tales (6-1)

R8 #9 sweet n salty kiss (5-1)
    R9 #9 run ballerina (4-1)
    Last edited by JBEX; 12-01-19 at 12:12 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

added fg 2 4

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

through 6 gp and fg

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

finished

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

as future pool 1 for the derby about to close I'd like to give one I like as it's always fun to have an early opinion.. read the only place to bet them with fixed odds is at william hill..

scabbard

84-1 last I saw in the pool and think 50-1 at will hill.. I'll adjust the final pool odds and if anyone can confirm what he is at wh please do.. obviously not a good situation if he's that much lower at fixed odds

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

gulfstream wednesday

R10 #10 keep it up (10-1) 10 10 10

gonna look at tampa bay tomorrow

tampa bay

R5 #3 general (4-1)
    R7 #4 tobago (5-1)
    R8 #8 fourth design (9-5)
    Last edited by JBEX; 12-04-19 at 11:10 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

added tampa bay

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

aqueduct

R6 #8 future book (6-1)

gotta love this name for a 2yo first time starter..cost a lot relative to the pedigree specs and by a freshman sire who's off to a great start including debut winners..mclaughlin below average with 1st time starters but that'll just help the price

R9 #6 brewman (8-1)

nicely bred firster by linda rice..well above avg first out sire out of a winning ghostzapper mare..very deep field and have a hunch they'll be at least 1 good one exiting this race

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

aqueduct saturday

R10 cigar mile grade 1

#8 network effect (15-1)

i'm not going with the obvious two #5 maximum security (3-2) or the breeders cup mile winner #6 spun to run (5-2)..respect for both but at the same time that's too easy and looking to get some value.. if they win I lose

that being said why I like mine.. making only his 5th career start for probably the best trainer in the game chad brown.. broke his maiden first out a 7f at saratoga which is an impressive feat.. given about a 3 month he comes back to run a solid 2nd in the the grade 3 nashua which happens to be at a mile on this track.. in that race he was a couple of lengths off a very fast pace and finished with a solid figure factoring in he was a 2yo..next race was the grade 2 remsen @ 1 1/8 miles (still a 2 year old) and was caught in the exact opposite predicament.. behind an extremely slow pace but still managed 2nd in one of if not the fastest figure 2 turn races of the year for the 2yo's.. so his two year old year I consider excelkent

didn't look it up but obviously had something wrong with him as he didn't start his 3yo year till November in which he won his last (an alw n1x) and it was also at a mile on this track.. I think for chad to run him in this spot 2nd off the very long layoff speaks volumes about what he thinks about this horse as I'm sure there were at least a few easier spots to try.. add that to what he accomplished as a 2yo and I'm very intrigued at a solid price

may add another but for now this is it.. any other opinions welcomed

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

acqueduct

R1 #6 kingmeister (6-1)

not sure if i'm going to do much today

R5 #7 juulstone (8-1)
    Last edited by JBEX; 12-07-19 at 11:46 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

added 5

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    aqueduct saturday

R10 cigar mile grade 1

#8 network effect (15-1)

i'm not going with the obvious two #5 maximum security (3-2) or the breeders cup mile winner #6 spun to run (5-2)..respect for both but at the same time that's too easy and looking to get some value.. if they win I lose

that being said why I like mine.. making only his 5th career start for probably the best trainer in the game chad brown.. broke his maiden first out a 7f at saratoga which is an impressive feat.. given about a 3 month he comes back to run a solid 2nd in the the grade 3 nashua which happens to be at a mile on this track.. in that race he was a couple of lengths off a very fast pace and finished with a solid figure factoring in he was a 2yo..next race was the grade 2 remsen @ 1 1/8 miles (still a 2 year old) and was caught in the exact opposite predicament.. behind an extremely slow pace but still managed 2nd in one of if not the fastest figure 2 turn races of the year for the 2yo's.. so his two year old year I consider excelkent

didn't look it up but obviously had something wrong with him as he didn't start his 3yo year till November in which he won his last (an alw n1x) and it was also at a mile on this track.. I think for chad to run him in this spot 2nd off the very long layoff speaks volumes about what he thinks about this horse as I'm sure there were at least a few easier spots to try.. add that to what he accomplished as a 2yo and I'm very intrigued at a solid price

may add another but for now this is it.. any other opinions welcomed

maximum security super impressive. track bias helped too as speed pulled away in many races esp the stakes. stretch out next in pegasus next month? he sure does love gulfstreem

LOS AL Thousand Word Just popped! Derby Dreams for Baffert Million dollar colt 2 for 2 now
    Last edited by littlekona; 12-07-19 at 04:15 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    maximum security super impressive. track bias helped too as speed pulled away in many races esp the stakes. stretch out next in pegasus next month? he sure does love gulfstreem

LOS AL Thousand Word Just popped! Derby Dreams for Baffert Million dollar colt 2 for 2 now

I didn't watch most of the card today but that's interesting to know.. the best race he's run imo was the one he lost and I'm not talking the derby.. the pegasus stakes preceding the haskell was a very fast pace (brisnet figs) and he held well to finish 2nd..many of his others were very slow paces including the joke florida derby.. you will not find a slower pace grade 1 than that.. he's an extremely talented horse no doubt but I still want to see him beat (or at least run well) vs a legitimate grade 1 field of older horses at 2 turns.. I have a hunch he might not attempt that and retire.. florida derby, KY derby, haskell, bold ruler and cigar mile.. not too shabby

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

fairgrounds

R8 #5 scary animal (12-1)

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

I didn't watch most of the card today but that's interesting to know.. the best race he's run imo was the one he lost and I'm not talking the derby.. the pegasus stakes preceding the haskell was a very fast pace (brisnet figs) and he held well to finish 2nd..many of his others were very slow paces including the joke florida derby.. you will not find a slower pace grade 1 than that.. he's an extremely talented horse no doubt but I still want to see him beat (or at least run well) vs a legitimate grade 1 field of older horses at 2 turns.. I have a hunch he might not attempt that and retire.. florida derby, KY derby, haskell, bold ruler and cigar mile.. not too shabby
    According to owners of MS, "West said Maximum Security will head this week head to Gulfstream Park and point for the Grade 1 Pegasus World Cup on Jan. 25." I guess their intent is to run him at age 4 in the states (they won't be going to Dubai). But you are thinking that they might retire him?? Looks to me as of now they want to continue his racing career (unless he gets sick again). If MS runs in the Pegusus, who would you consider as legit Grade 1 horses that he should run against?

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post

He looked good to me. Saez didn't need to use the whip and he pulled away. According to DRF, "Maximum Security through a half-mile in 46.17 seconds – but Maximum Security, under Luis Saez, drew away in the stretch. On a day when the track was several seconds slow, Maximum Security ran a mile in 1:36.46, good enough for a career-best 111 Beyer Speed Figure." He has my vote for being the best and most consistent 3yr old this year.
    Last edited by mrginandtonic; 12-08-19 at 07:46 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    According to owners of MS, "West said Maximum Security will head this week head to Gulfstream Park and point for the Grade 1 Pegasus World Cup on Jan. 25." I guess their intent is to run him at age 4 in the states (they won't be going to Dubai). But you are thinking that they might retire him?? Looks to me as of now they want to continue his racing career (unless he gets sick again). If MS runs in the Pegusus, who would you consider as legit Grade 1 horses that he should run against?

I can only go by the brisnet's and on them, if you include pace figures, his performances are on the slow side and many times aided by extremely slow pace figures.. as I said imo (prior to this) his best race was the loss in the pegasus.. he was away for a bit ran a pace figure that was about 4 lengths fast and just missed.. I understand winning the derby (don't care about the dq) is an impressive feat but still as I said he has not run a middle distance race at two turns on a fast track vs older horses in a grade 1 race and hopefully he'll get a chance to.. I want to see how he handles that.. who I don't know.. not good off the top if the crop of older horses is a good one (bad memory).. will judge that when I see the field

it's nothing personal.. just something I've noticed along the way with him.. and be the first to admit that figure making is an art and not science.. that being said 111 beyer is very impressive.. hopefully he does go in the pegasus.. the owners are long time participants in this sport on a high level so not surprising they would continue on with him.. he will probably enhance his value as a stallion if he wins as an older horse at two turns..my comment about retiring to stud not well thought out... makes more sense imo if he's healthy to continue running
    Last edited by JBEX; 12-08-19 at 10:56 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

fairgrounds

R8 #5 scary animal (12-1)
    winner $62.80/26.60

always wanted to exit this thread on a good note and there would be no better (npi) time than this..done this for long enough..moving on
    Last edited by JBEX; 12-13-19 at 04:09 PM.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3376

winner $62.80/26.60

always wanted to exit this thread on a good note and there would be no better
    (npi) time than this..done this for long enough..moving on
    GL JBEX Have a feeling you will be back posting picks. Maybe you should change things up a bit as this thread has seen it's better days.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

thanks..my aim is to end but that has fallen by the wayside before..we'll see

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9748

gl jbex sorry to see you go......its that time of year
    may i say

memories crash on tireless waves, its the handicappers that the winter saves

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

thanks. hart.. still will be by to check out your picks, ask str some questions and do some meadowlands harness cards.. gl to you also going forward

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

as future pool 1 for the derby about to close I'd like to give one I like as it's always fun to have an early opinion.. read the only place to bet them with fixed odds is at william hill..

scabbard

84-1 last I saw in the pool and think 50-1 at will hill.. I'll adjust the final pool odds and if anyone can confirm what he is at wh please do.. obviously not a good situation if he's that much lower at fixed odds

posted 12/1 and figure I'd mention.. makes his 3yo debut in R13 @ the fairgrounds #4 (7-2)

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

ran an even 5th just missing 4th by a nose (13 horse field) but 7 lengths off the winner..was steadied at the quarter pole.. while not a great effort by any means, not a horrible one either.. think they may give him a shot at the 2nd leg (forget the name) of their prep series if he comes out of this race in good shape

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

good stuff here

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

scabbard is running today in fairgrounds R12 (1st division of the risen star stakes) .. referred to in posts 2 and 3 back.. only reason I'm using this thread

First ... 178179180181