SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool 2

Here’s the complete Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool 2 field (with trainer and morning line odds):

#1 Anneau d’Or (Blaine Wright, 30-1)
    #2 Authentic (Bob Baffert, 15-1)
    #3 Basin (Steve Asmussen, 30-1)
    #4 Chance It (Saffie Joseph Jr., 30-1)
    #5 Dennis’ Moment (Dale Romans, 12-1)
    #6 Enforceable (Mark Casse, 30-1)
    #7 Exaulted (Peter Eurton, 50-1)
    #8 Gold Street (Steve Asmussen, 30-1)
    #9 Gouverneur Morris (Todd Pletcher, 30-1)
    #10 Honor A. P. (John Shirreffs, 30-1)
    #11 Independence Hall (Mike Trombetta, 10-1)
    #12 Max Player (Linda Rice, 20-1)
    #13 Maxfield (Brendan Walsh, 15-1)
    #14 Nadal (Bob Baffert, 12-1)
    #15 Palm Springs (Todd Pletcher, 50-1)
    #16 Premier Star (Jorge Navarro, 50-1)
    #17 Silver State(Steve Asmussen, 50-1)
    #18 Storm the Court (Peter Eurton, 30-1)
    #19 Structor (Chad Brown, 30-1)
    #20 Thousand Words (Bob Baffert, 15-1)
    #21 Three Technique (Jeremiah Englehart, 50-1)
    #22 Tiz the Law (Barclay Tagg, 8-1)
    #23 Violent City (Ian Wilkes, 50-1)
    #24 All Other 3-Year-Olds (5-2).

The Kentucky Derby Future Wagers, which offer $2 minimum win and exacta possibilities, provide fans with opportunities to place bets on possible entrants in the Kentucky Derby at odds that could be far greater than those available on the day of the race. The 146th running of Kentucky Derby, America’s greatest race and the first leg of the Triple Crown, is set for Saturday, May 2.

Bets can be placed at Churchill Downs Racetrack and online wagering outlets and satellite wagering centers across North America. There are no refunds in the Kentucky Derby Future Wager. Should Churchill Downs officials determine during the duration of the three-day pool that one of the wagering interests has experienced an injury, illness or other circumstance that would prevent the horse from participating in the Kentucky Derby, betting on the individual horse will be suspended.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Three Technique

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9488

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

factoring in I want to get some odds at this point i like enforceable (30-1)

huge pedigree..

mark casse solid trainer..

route experience as a 2yo..

had to deal with a sloppy track and extremely slow pace 2 back and finished a decent 4th by 2 lengths.. 4 wide at the quarter pole

won the lecomte last out with an extremely wide trip and making a big close into what was considered an avg pace (adds to the performance for me)

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

i'll add one more..

chance it (30-1)

think a lot of the reason the morning line this high is the lack of trainer recognition on a national scale and also he hasn't competed vs graded stakes competition..trainer saffie joseph one of the best florida locals..showed an ability to sit a little off the pace last out..best "consistent" figs in the field on the brisnets imo..guessing fountain of youth next but not sure
    Last edited by JBEX; 02-07-20 at 09:57 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    i'll add one more..

chance it (30-1)

think a lot of the reason the morning line this high is the lack of trainer recognition on a national scale and also he hasn't competed vs graded stakes competition..trainer saffie joseph one of the best florida locals..showed an ability to sit a little off the pace last out..best "consistent" figs in the field on the brisnets imo..guessing fountain of youth next but not sure

is headed to the fountain of youth and on to the ky derby from there if all goes well

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/living-the-dream/

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Basin is my pick for now. No form, no nothing, just like the name. It has a good ring to it. Sounds like winner already!!

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

took chance it, enforceable and three technique in the (KD Future 2) only for a few bucks but something to look forward to. THANKS!

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Basin is my pick for now. No form, no nothing, just like the name. It has a good ring to it. Sounds like winner already!!
    I gather you do not bet futures. Me neither too much uncertainty. I have taken a stab around 3 weeks before DERBY and got burned as horse did not start. GL.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 02-07-20 at 01:59 PM.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    I gather you do not bet futures. Me neither too much uncertainty. I have taken a stab around 3 weeks before DERBY and got burned as horse did not start. GL.
    Lol, I think I have done it once in my life. This time I actually put an $5 win bet on Basin. Just love the way it sounds. Sounds like a Derby winner!! Lol, call it gut feeling.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Lol, I think I have done it once in my life. This time I actually put an $5 win bet on Basin. Just love the way it sounds. Sounds like a Derby winner!! Lol, call it gut feeling.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    took chance it, enforceable and three technique in the (KD Future 2) only for a few bucks but something to look forward to. THANKS!

no problem.. good luck cecil !!

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Always fun to see these odds..

mrginandtonic

Just read an article from Horse Racing Nation dated 2/11:

"As far as Vegas favoritism, there was no change this week. The recent Holy Bull (G3) hero Tiz the Law stuck at 6-1, while Dennis’ Moment has assumed the role of second choice at 8-1 ahead of his season debut in the Fountain of Youth (G2).
    Nadal remained 10-1 off his victory, while Independence Hall slipped two points to 12-1 after being defeated for the first time in the Sam F. Davis Stakes (G3). The Davis winner, Sole Volante, went from 60-1 to 14-1.

Also of note with some sharp players in Las Vegas for the National Horseplayers Championship over the weekend: Basin, the Hopeful (G1) winner gearing up for his 2020 debut, dropped from 50-1 to 20-1, a sign he took a sizable bet."

I guess the "sharp players" like the name also. LOL

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13875

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    factoring in I want to get some odds at this point i like enforceable (30-1)

huge pedigree..

mark casse solid trainer..

route experience as a 2yo..

had to deal with a sloppy track and extremely slow pace 2 back and finished a decent 4th by 2 lengths.. 4 wide at the quarter pole

won the lecomte last out with an extremely wide trip and making a big close into what was considered an avg pace (adds to the performance for me)

going in the risen star R12 @ fairgrounds today