harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9736

Morethanahalo is entered today at CALDER RACE COURSE. 6th winner 8.00
    Eight Cents is scheduled to run on 5/30/2014 in Race 5 at Belmon took a dump
    t
    Haveyouseenmypappy is scheduled to run on 5/30/2014 in Race 1 at Churchill Downs. 3rd 3.60

Warrior's Ridge is scheduled to run on 5/30/2014 in Race 8 at Santa Anita

Sombrero De Copa in Race 3 at Woodbine winner 14.60
    Abbey Street is entered today at BELMONT PARK. 8th
    Last edited by harthebar; 05-30-14 at 02:53 PM.

harthebar

matrix hope you saw it thi time..winner paid 14.10

1 2 Sombrero De Copa $14.10 $5.20 $3.30
    Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    matrix can you see this

Sombrero De Copa in Race 3 at Woodbine

harthebar

harthebar

belmont race 9 Decisive Edge

Morethanahalo is entered today at CALDER RACE COURSE. 6th winner 8.00
    Eight Cents is scheduled to run on 5/30/2014 in Race 5 at Belmon took a dump
    t
    Haveyouseenmypappy is scheduled to run on 5/30/2014 in Race 1 at Churchill Downs. 3rd 3.60

Warrior's Ridge is scheduled to run on 5/30/2014 in Race 8 at Santa Anita

Sombrero De Copa in Race 3 at Woodbine winner 14.60

harthebar

belmont race 7 She's Stones Sis

harthebar

thanks to jockey ..who is always finding a way to get into trouble ravi the ...totally poinged this horse.......all i can say play him next out....he was good....but he put him behind a wall of horses

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

thanks to jockey ..who is always finding a way to get into trouble ravi the ...totally poinged this horse.......all i can say play him next out....he was good....but he put him behind a wall of horses

That was a terrible ride, Im so fukkin tired of maragh. One of the most overrated riders Ive ever seen. I wouldnt trust that scrub to ride a carousel infront of a walmart for a quarter.
    Points Awarded:

Magnolia Slim gave Slimpickens 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Slimpickens

My top 5 Morning Line for the Belmont. You guys post yours. See who is closest on Wednesday. Dont think these offshore sites have it quite right.

California Chrome 6/5
    Tonalist 7/2
    Wicked Strong 9/2
    Ride On Curlin 6-1
    Commanding Curve 8-1

All other 12-1 and up.

harthebar

lol funny...so i guess you saw it....what was he thinking...that the gate would just open up for him....
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    That was a terrible ride, Im so fukkin tired of maragh. One of the most overrated riders Ive ever seen. I wouldnt trust that scrub to ride a carousel infront of a walmart for a quarter.

harthebar

i just put them next to you in red
    My top 5 Morning Line for the Belmont. You guys post yours. See who is closest on Wednesday. Dont think these offshore sites have it quite right.
    harthebar is red
    California Chrome 6/5 4/5
    Tonalist 7/2 6-1
    Wicked Strong 9/2 8-1
    Ride On Curlin 6-1 5-1
    Commanding Curve 8-1 8-1

All other 12-1 and up.

Slimpickens

lol funny...so i guess you saw it....what was he thinking...that the gate would just open up for him....
    I needed that horse too. Had him to win and 2nd in exacta's. I think the problem is he wasnt thinking.

Slimpickens

i just put them next to you in red
    Maybe. The NYRA morning line maker is the best in the country so no way ROC will be 2nd choice. He had his chance last race, new shooters are the main foes for Chrome.

Tonalist is bred to run all day and is training like a beast in the morning.

harthebar

I bet Calif Chrome won't make it in the top 3. He finishes 4 th.....he had his chance...he got second......so i feel off that race tge oddsmajer is going to make him second choice......he was back way to far.......he is getting better....I'm not knocking finalist...but he is the new cut...and everyone is .not a capper. Is going to jump on him...just like they did in mid cruz....do you think kid cruz. Should of went off at 12-1......its human nature to reach for a. Price horse...try to beat the favorite.....I'm worried about wicked storm....i think he should be second choice.....I'm just trying to read the callers no.d
    Maybe. The NYRA morning line maker is the best in the country so no way ROC will be 2nd choice. He had his chance last race, new shooters are the main foes for Chrome.

Tonalist is bred to run all day and is training like a beast in the morning.

harthebar

Santa anita race 8
    Warriors ridge.
    Argentine

matrix1022
    matrix1022's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12110

It will be post draw I believe if the new blood get a better post then cc. Then he will go down

Slimpickens

Santa anita race 8
    Warriors ridge.
    Argentine
    I got a push from someone else on Wariors Ridge. How do we make money with him? Will prolly be favored.

Slimpickens

I bet Calif Chrome won't make it in the top 3. He finishes 4 th.....he had his chance...he got second......so i feel off that race tge oddsmajer is going to make him second choice......he was back way to far.......he is getting better....I'm not knocking finalist...but he is the new cut...and everyone is .not a capper. Is going to jump on him...just like they did in mid cruz....do you think kid cruz. Should of went off at 12-1......its human nature to reach for a. Price horse...try to beat the favorite.....I'm worried about wicked storm....i think he should be second choice.....I'm just trying to read the callers no.d
    You gotta do a spell check or something. What do you mean on 1st 2 lines/ sentences?

matrix1022
    matrix1022's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12110

Yes I don't understand either

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Saturday 5/31 Big Apple Showcase Day

Belmont
    Race 1
    Not much of an opinion on the opener.10-Dr Disco 5-1 is my pick among the lower prices and 4-Run Run Forest 12-1 is the long shot.
    Race 2
    NY Bred turf races have been dominated by Kharafa and Lubash for a long time and they figure here but 8-Notacatbutallama 7-2
    may be the new blood on the scene.Can jump forward enough 2nd off the bench.
    Race 3
    5-Henry's Gal 3-1 looks tough and isn't the favorite.3-Isabelle 5-1 freaked last race and if it wasn't just the muddy track would crush these with a repeat performance.1-Elmra 15-1 has been winning easily so isn't respected on the ML but may be a lot better when all out.
    Race 4
    There are a few very short priced favorites on the card but 5-Effie Trinket 2-5 may be the hardest to beat.Roses For Romney seems to be the main threat but would be the one to try and beat .Castellano has won both times aboard 3-Frosty Bay 15-1, 4-Lady's Lunar Luck 15-1 fits if ready off the bench , and 9-Stock Fund 30-1 always comes running late.
    Race 5
    Uncle Sigh shows up here at odds of 4-5.I'll be trying to beat him.IMO it's a common misconception that a real good 2 turn speed horse will just be that much better when they cut back to a sprint.Cutting back from a 1 turn mile to 7f is a big difference then cutting back from 2 turn 9f/10f races.Some horses can do it but I'm trying 7-Swell 10-1 who is coming into his own after 3 starts.Rallied very well against a speed favoring track last out.5-Deceived 15-1 would be my next option should the 7 scratch and 3-Eye Luv Lulu 20-1 could be thrown in .
    Race 6
    Would be surprised if the winner isn't among 2-Sneaky Kitten 7-2 , 3-Powerful Instinct 4-1 , and 6-So Lonesome 3-1 but 5-Rocky F 30-1 is very interesting underneath at the least.Has competitive races and has run well from long layoffs.Think he is more likely than 30-1 and worth a stab.
    Race 7
    The final cinch horse according to the ML is 5-La Verdad at even money.Is a 6f beast , tried 7f once and lost , now tries to stretch it out to a mile.She is much better than the field on figs so maybe she hits the wall in the stretch and still crawls home to win.I'll be trying 3-Miss Da Point 12-1 who will be overlooked because of slowish speed figs but has won under wraps last couple.The other one is 8-Tahoe Tigress 12-1.Those 3 look like the exacta bx but if shooting for a home run tossing the 5 then 4-Macha 6-1 is the alternate.
    Race 8
    This is a tough race to be confident about a winner.I landed on 6-Waterway 12-1 who could trip out on an easy lead.8-Sanctify 8-1 is the wild card trying turf because Mott is only so so with the move.Is getting Lasix for the first time though.A Solis has been 1st or 2nd every time he has ridden 2-Sun Worshipper 6-1.9-Hooked Forever 5-1 is scary , was progressing nicely before the layoff.
    Race 9
    5-Zivo 2-1 is the obvious pick having dominated many of these.Combined with 7-Readtheprospectus 8-1 and 9-Weekend Hideaway 10-1 make up the main contenders .The outsider I give a big shot is 3-Big Business 12-1 making 2nd start after 274 day layoff.Hope for a scratch or two or will have to drop someone but stabbing at the 3 regardless.
    Race 10
    Have some weird hunches this race.My play will be 9-Keen Katana 15-1 who started by being off the pace on a severe speed favoring track then tried to press a hot pace on a dull track then was eased.Now tries turf for the first time after almost 6 months off and bred well for it.Also will probably leave 5-Lavender Road 20-1 alone but something tells me this one is better than appears.

Other places

Arlington Park
    Race 9
    3-Fighter Squadron 10-1
    Race 10
    2-Mulata 8-1

Churchill Downs
    Race 10
    5-All Stormy 20-1

Delaware Park
    Race 7
    9-Crown Thy Good 10-1(BEST)

Santa Anita
    Race 6
    8-Lethal Story 10-1

Penn National(If you haven't looked at Penn's card it's pretty good)
    Race 3
    1-Valid 10-1
    Points Awarded:

trytrytry gave mikemca 33 Betpoint(s) for this post.

harthebar

thanks mike

Valid is entered to run on May 31, 2014, at PENN NATIONAL.

lol as i said, always love when you also pick my follow up....
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post

Belmont
    Race 1
    Not much of an opinion on the opener.10-Dr Disco 5-1 is my pick among the lower prices and 4-Run Run Forest 12-1 is the long shot.
    Race 2
    NY Bred turf races have been dominated by Kharafa and Lubash for a long time and they figure here but 8-Notacatbutallama 7-2
    Race 3
    5-Henry's Gal 3-1 looks tough and isn't the favorite.3-Isabelle 5-1 freaked last race and if it wasn't just the muddy track would crush these with a repeat performance.1-Elmra 15-1 has been winning easily so isn't respected on the ML but may be a lot better when all out.
    Race 4
    There are a few very short priced favorites on the card but 5-Effie Trinket 2-5 may be the hardest to beat.Roses For Romney seems to be the main threat but would be the one to try and beat .Castellano has won both times aboard 3-Frosty Bay 15-1, 4-Lady's Lunar Luck 15-1 fits if ready off the bench , and 9-Stock Fund 30-1 always comes running late.
    Race 5
    Uncle Sigh shows up here at odds of 4-5.I'll be trying to beat him.IMO it's a common misconception that a real good 2 turn speed horse will just be that much better when they cut back to a sprint.Cutting back from a 1 turn mile to 7f is a big difference then cutting back from 2 turn 9f/10f races.Some horses can do it but I'm trying 7-Swell 10-1 who is coming into his own after 3 starts.Rallied very well against a speed favoring track last out.5-Deceived 15-1 would be my next option should the 7 scratch and 3-Eye Luv Lulu 20-1 could be thrown in .
    Race 6
    Would be surprised if the winner isn't among 2-Sneaky Kitten 7-2 , 3-Powerful Instinct 4-1 , and 6-So Lonesome 3-1 but 5-Rocky F 30-1 is very interesting underneath at the least.Has competitive races and has run well from long layoffs.Think he is more likely than 30-1 and worth a stab.
    Race 7
    The final cinch horse according to the ML is 5-La Verdad at even money.Is a 6f beast , tried 7f once and lost , now tries to stretch it out to a mile.She is much better than the field on figs so maybe she hits the wall in the stretch and still crawls home to win.I'll be trying 3-Miss Da Point 12-1 who will be overlooked because of slowish speed figs but has won under wraps last couple.The other one is 8-Tahoe Tigress 12-1.Those 3 look like the exacta bx but if shooting for a home run tossing the 5 then 4-Macha 6-1 is the alternate.
    Race 8
    This is a tough race to be confident about a winner.I landed on 6-Waterway 12-1 who could trip out on an easy lead.8-Sanctify 8-1 is the wild card trying turf because Mott is only so so with the move.Is getting Lasix for the first time though.A Solis has been 1st or 2nd every time he has ridden 2-Sun Worshipper 6-1.9-Hooked Forever 5-1 is scary , was progressing nicely before the layoff.
    Race 9
    5-Zivo 2-1 is the obvious pick having dominated many of these.Combined with 7-Readtheprospectus 8-1 and 9-Weekend Hideaway 10-1 make up the main contenders .The outsider I give a big shot is 3-Big Business 12-1 making 2nd start after 274 day layoff.Hope for a scratch or two or will have to drop someone but stabbing at the 3 regardless.
    Race 10
    Have some weird hunches this race.My play will be 9-Keen Katana 15-1 who started by being off the pace on a severe speed favoring track then tried to press a hot pace on a dull track then was eased.Now tries turf for the first time after almost 6 months off and bred well for it.Also will probably leave 5-Lavender Road 20-1 alone but something tells me this one is better than appears.

Other places

Arlington Park
    Race 9
    3-Fighter Squadron 10-1
    Race 10
    2-Mulata 8-1

Churchill Downs
    Race 10
    5-All Stormy 20-1

Delaware Park
    Race 7

Santa Anita
    Race 6
    8-Lethal Story 10-1

Race 3
    1-Valid 10-1

harthebar

Laddie Boy is scheduled to run on 5/31/2014 in Race 4 at Penn National
    Florida Sun is scheduled to run on 5/31/2014 in Race 6 at Calder.

Magnolia Slim
    Magnolia Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

You gotta do a spell check or something. What do you mean on 1st 2 lines/ sentences?

harthebar

Gigglin' Gal is entered to run on May 31, 2014, at CHURCHILL DOWNS.7th
    nameron par race -7

Captain Gaughen is entered on May 31, 2014 at BELMONT PARK.6th

Lollibon is entered to run on May 31, 2014, at LOUISIANA DOWNS.2nd
    Fury Kapcori is entered to run on May 31, 2014, at SANTA ANITA PARK
    Tom Kitten is entered to run on May 31, 2014, at MONMOUTH PARK.7
    She's Got Swag is entered on May 31, 2014 at CHURCHILL DOWNS.7th

harthebar

if you mean something i wrote...my s key doesn't work good..and sometimes there is no s if i dont look
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Slim View Post

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post

Belmont
    Race 1
    Race 2
    Race 3
    Race 4
    Race 5
    Race 6
    Race 7
    Race 8
    Race 9
    Race 10

Other places

Arlington Park
    Race 9
    3-Fighter Squadron 10-1
    Race 10
    2-Mulata 8-1

Churchill Downs
    Race 10
    5-All Stormy 20-1

Delaware Park
    Race 7

Santa Anita
    Race 6
    8-Lethal Story 10-1

Race 3
    1-Valid 10-1
    Wow Mikemca. Great write ups.

It's not everywhere that you players looking to improve your handicapping skills get the chance to see how other handicappers try and break down races and look for value. So much to be learned here. Much more than the selections themselves. Too me, it doesn't matter if there are any winners in here or not although I sure hope there are. What matters is the technique behind it, knowing that the winners will indeed come, and along with them, the understanding of how to find them.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Thx STR

I choose here to post picks/analysis because it is intimate compared to other horse racing boards.Only a handful of people frequent the sub section and all seem like good people.

Apparently the Belmont main track is lightning fast today so we'll see

harthebar

I keep tellin.g him..Go on line...and sell his info....he would never do that...to classy of a guy........just like I tell you to write a book..you both do a heck of a job.I'm grateful of you two.

harthebar

It's my computer the s key. And few others aren't working.....I didn't notice....when I was typing...till I was done....sorry about that...I think i said ..ROC HAShish chance and got second...and i think based off that...the odds maker is going to make him second choice.

Magnolia Slim

if you mean something i wrote...my s key doesn't work good..and sometimes there is no s if i dont look
    no problem, i just thought his post was funny.

Magnolia Slim

I keep tellin.g him..Go on line...and sell his info....he would never do that...to classy of a guy........just like I tell you to write a book..you both do a heck of a job.I'm grateful of you two.
    +1 .

harthebar

it was, i cant imagine the email i sent the pension commish...they must think i'm a idiot at work
    no problem, i just thought his post was funny.

harthebar

by the way...what is +1
    +1 .

harthebar

florida sun 19.20 that deserves a cha ching..
    Laddie Boy is scheduled to run on 5/31/2014 in Race 4 at Penn National
    Florida Sun is scheduled to run on 5/31/2014 in Race 6 at Calder.

harthebar

gigglin girl and i got swag finished 2nd and 3rd at churchill race 7 8-1 and 5/2
    Gigglin' Gal is entered to run on May 31, 2014, at CHURCHILL DOWNS.7th
    nameron par race -7

Captain Gaughen is entered on May 31, 2014 at BELMONT PARK.6th

Lollibon is entered to run on May 31, 2014, at LOUISIANA DOWNS.2nd
    Fury Kapcori is entered to run on May 31, 2014, at SANTA ANITA PARK
    Tom Kitten is entered to run on May 31, 2014, at MONMOUTH PARK.7
    She's Got Swag is entered on May 31, 2014 at CHURCHILL DOWNS.7th

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9500

bel R10 #8 jenny's creek (8-1)