Betpoints: 9724

santa anita late double race 8/9
    The Cleaners and Raised A Secret with Stealth Fighter and Tasha's Courage

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    mike ,am i wrong...but cant social inc. pretty much get the lead to himself......cant he try to bottom out the field with his speed..........last time ..when wicked strong beat him,,,he held pretty well....and they were fast that day..right.
    Yeah and Yeah.Plus he was 3 wide.

He hasn't gotten an ideal trip since Gulfstream and being a speed horse it's not hard.

His problem is that he gets worked up pretty good prior to the race.Then when they load him he is all nervous and thinking about everything else but running his race.

If he chills out , he is a very good horse .

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO

well mike are you going to commit to a horse ...now....or you going to wait till see how things play out after draw.......do you have a leading contender.

by the way..now that i'm a pro..how come i never get a invite or how do i find the trivia contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Yeah and Yeah.Plus he was 3 wide.

He hasn't gotten an ideal trip since Gulfstream and being a speed horse it's not hard.

His problem is that he gets worked up pretty good prior to the race.Then when they load him he is all nervous and thinking about everything else but running his race.

If he chills out , he is a very good horse .

mikemca
    Update Status

Not going to commit to anything yet but thinking Wicked Strong or Medal Count as of now.

The trivia should just pop up every once and a while when you log on to sbr.I think it's like once a week.You don't get an invite and it's not really a contest.

A little pop up appears and asks if you want to play trivia.Then it asks u one question and if you get it right you get a 10 point freeplay.Then you can risk that on a 2nd question and if you get that right you get a 60 point freeplay.Last you can risk that on a 3rd question where if you get it right you get a 175 point freeplay and you get that badge saying you are a trivia winner.The first 2 are usually easy and then the 3rd one is impossible.

brucedenton
    brucedenton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22950

Not going to commit to anything yet but thinking Wicked Strong or Medal Count as of now.

The trivia should just pop up every once and a while when you log on to sbr.I think it's like once a week.You don't get an invite and it's not really a contest.

A little pop up appears and asks if you want to play trivia.Then it asks u one question and if you get it right you get a 10 point freeplay.Then you can risk that on a 2nd question and if you get that right you get a 60 point freeplay.Last you can risk that on a 3rd question where if you get it right you get a 175 point freeplay and you get that badge saying you are a trivia winner.The first 2 are usually easy and then the 3rd one is impossible.
    Hey Mike.
    I just realized that I havent gotten the trivia questions in months. I wonder why they stopped them.
    Hope all is well.
    Mark

mikemca
    Update Status

Also looking at the Met Mile , I don't know how anyone is going to beat Palace Malice

The Manhattan looks like a good race though and the 2 mile turf race

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by brucedenton View Post
    Hey Mike.
    I just realized that I havent gotten the trivia questions in months. I wonder why they stopped them.
    Hope all is well.
    Mark
    I just got one a couple days ago.I don't think they stopped.Maybe just didn't u guys just haven't noticed the pop up

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Quote Originally Posted by brucedenton View Post
    Hey Mike.
    Hope all is well.
    Mark
    Pro's get trivia twice a week. Every now and then non-pros get it a well, but not on the regular.

harthebar

IS THIS REAL

NTRA, KEY MEMBERS OF CONGRESS PUSH TO
    CLARIFY REGULATIONS REGARDING TAX REPORTING
    AND WITHHOLDING FOR PARI-MUTUEL CUSTOMERS
    NEW YORK CITY (Tuesday, June 3, 2014) – The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) today released a copy of a bipartisan letter from key members of Congress asking the Department of Treasury to clarify regulations regarding the way pari-mutuel winnings are calculated for tax purposes.The NTRA is also calling on horse racing industry participants and customers to express their support of the effort by signing a Change.org petition available here: http://chn.ge/RXZ6DW.The letter to the Secretary of the Department of Treasury was co-authored by Rep. Charles Boustany (R-LA) and Rep. John Yarmuth(D-KY) and co-signed by more than a dozen other congressmen.The request for clarification urges the inclusion of a bettor’s entire investment in a single pari-mutuel pool to determine the amount reported or withheld for tax purposes, as opposed to only the amount wagered on the correct result. This issue typically arises in the context of increasingly popular exotic wagers.For example, under the proposed clarification, the amount wagered by a Pick 6 player who hits with one of 140 combinations on a $1-minimum wager would be $140, which is the total amount bet into the Pick 6 pool. Currently the amount wagered is calculated using only the $1 bet on the single winning combination. By understating the amount wagered in this manner, the Internal Revenue Service is erroneously imposing significant additional reporting and withholding obligations on horseplayers. The clarification would directly benefit pari-mutuel customers by reducing burdensome tax obligations and allowing them to retain more of their winnings, some of which will likely be reinvested through increased handle.The proposal also aims to lessen racing’s competitive disadvantage against other forms of gaming that have never been subject to such an aggressive tax ruling.“Under an archaic IRS ruling currently in place, players’ winnings are being erroneously reported or withheld without regard for how much they actually wagered,” said NTRA President and CEO Alex Waldrop. “If granted, the clarification will allow horseplayers to keep more of their winnings, reduce the administrative burden on tracks and ADWs and ultimately generate more revenue for tracks, horsemen and government.“We applaud congressmen Boustany, Yarmuth and others for their leadership and their awareness of the significant economic contributions that horse racing and breeding make in their states. We look forward to working with them on this important issue.”Current guidelines regarding the calculation of pari-mutuel winnings for tax purposes are based largely on a 1978 ruling by the IRS that pre-dates the expansion of simulcasting and exotic wagering. However, that ruling, which was issued in response to an inquiry over a “box” wager totaling $6, is in conflict with Treasury regulations stating that wagers in the same pool shall be treated as one bet.“This ruling appears to ignore the fact that even though the $6 box ticket represented the placing of a $1 bet on each of six different combinations, all of those wagered amounts were part of a single pari-mutuel pool,” the letter states.Boustany and Yarmuth go on to explain the impact current regulations have on the racing industry:
    Statistics show that each pari-mutuel dollar returned to the bettor in the form of winnings is re-bet seven times throughout the course of the day. Tax withholding reduces the amount of re-betting, which not only has an effect on the bettor and the track but also serves to reduce the collection of additional tax revenues that are paid by each racetrack operator on its net revenues. The ultimate adverse impact is a downward economic spiral for the industry with reduced purses, less wagering, less tax and economic benefit to localities and states and job losses at tracks, farms, breeding operations and related entities.A copy of the full Boustany-Yarmuth letter, which is expected to attract additional signatures from Democrats and Republicans alike, can be accessed here: http://www.ntra.com/media/8717067/Treasury%20Pari-Mutuel%20Ltr.pdf.

About the NTRAThe NTRA is a broad-based coalition of more than 80 horse racing interests consisting of leading Thoroughbred racetracks, owners, breeders, trainers, horseplayers and affiliated horse racing associations, charged with increasing the popularity of horse racing and improving economic conditions for industry participants. The NTRA has offices in Lexington, Ky., and New York City. NTRA press releases appear onNTRA.com, Twitter (@ntra) and Facebook (facebook.com/1NTRA).

mikemca
    Update Status

Social Inclusion going in Woody Stephens

matrix1022
    matrix1022's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12110

Really. I knew this race was too long for him and he's ready !

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Post position draw coming up shortly boys...

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Yes Social Inclusion is going to the Woody Stephens dont think he wants much more then a mile or 16th

TonyP
    Update your status

Social Inclusion going in Woody Stephens

maybe get a price. Do you like SI in the Woody Stephens

Slimpickens

SI will prolly be 2nd or 3rd choice in the Stephens.

Slimpickens

1 Medal Count 20-1
    2 California Chrome 3/5
    3 Matterhorn 30-1
    4 Commanding Curve 15-1
    5 Ride on Curlin 12-1
    6 Matuszak 30-1
    7 Samarrat 20-1
    8 Commisioner 20-1
    9 Wicked Strong 6-1
    10 General A Rod 20-1
    11 Tonalist 8-1
    Last edited by Slimpickens; 06-04-14 at 10:51 AM.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    Yes Social Inclusion is going to the Woody Stephens dont think he wants much more then a mile or 16th
    Think you're wrong here.Maybe with his current connections who trained him for the Preakness like it was 6f but if he were in better hands he could be a Shackleford or Bodemeister.His run in the Wood was really good and wouldn't have happened if he was just a 1 turn horse.

I don't think he will be a price at all and might be a spot where I'm hoping he gets all worked up pre race again so I can bet against.If he is calm I would think he is going to be tough.

Will have to see the field though.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9476

bel

R2 #1 chang's secret (30-1)

love the last running line in msw to set him up for the stretch vs mcl today.. The beyers he put up last year msw turf might get it done at this level. Prine is 3/6 sprint/route average win price $98. . Probably a $200 + winner somewhere in that sample.. Only time trainer did 2 sprints/route horse won an paid $15

R1 #2 mystic strike (4-1)
    R3 #1 ghost hunter (3-5)
    R4 #10 wake up and go (2-1)

gembo12
    gembo12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3480

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    R2 #1 chang's secret (30-1)

love the last running line in msw to set him up for the stretch vs mcl today.. The beyers he put up last year msw turf might get it done at this level. Prine is 3/6 sprint/route average win price $98. . Probably a $200 + winner somewhere in that sample.. Only time trainer did 2 sprints/route horse won an paid $15

R1 #2 mystic strike (4-1)
    R3 #1 ghost hunter (3-5)
    R4 #10 wake up and go (2-1)
    Always love the second time back stretching out off a layoff

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gembo12 View Post
    Always love the second time back stretching out off a layoff
    yeah.. think he's set up for a nice race here

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

bel

R5 #1 native hero (6-1)
    R6 #3 precious metal (4-1)
    R7 #4 otoy (6-1) and #8 papa freud (4-1)

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

del

R7 #8 mary rita (9-2)
    R8 #7 maria's song (3-1)

both will be lower

mikemca
    Update Status

Saturday card at Belmont is unbelievably good.

Top to bottom might be the best all year.

harthebar

Ha ha ....I guess your going to put a lot of work ...huh.....what do you like best....the quality. Of the horses...or the. Turf races.....or the competion in each race....what do you think .of goldenscents.....race...

mikemca
    Update Status

Ha ha ....I guess your going to put a lot of work ...huh.....what do you like best....the quality. Of the horses...or the. Turf races.....or the competion in each race....what do you think .of goldenscents.....race...
    The quality R1 thru R13 .Race 1 is 96k allowance and after that there isn't a race below 100k.

R1---96k Allow
    R2---150k stakes
    R3---G2 Brooklyn 1 1/2 m
    R4---G3 Jaipur - 6f turf
    R5---G2 Woody Stephens - 7f
    R6 thru R11 all Grade 1s
    R12---102k allow 1 1/8 turf
    R13---102k allow 7f dirt

most all are very deep in quality and betting

Already said this about Goldencents race
    Also looking at the Met Mile , I don't know how anyone is going to beat Palace Malice
    I think I like Medal Count best

harthebar

well im going up there ill send you pic...or find you a program.......glad you like the card and the met miled is there that day....i didnt know......palace malice..........do you see cc running out of the money.....
    The quality R1 thru R13 .Race 1 is 96k allowance and after that there isn't a race below 100k.

R1---96k Allow
    R2---150k stakes
    R3---G2 Brooklyn 1 1/2 m
    R4---G3 Jaipur - 6f turf
    R5---G2 Woody Stephens - 7f
    R6 thru R11 all Grade 1s
    R12---102k allow 1 1/8 turf
    R13---102k allow 7f dirt

most all are very deep in quality and betting

Already said this about Goldencents race

I think I like Medal Count best

harthebar

mikemca
    Update Status

I don't know, it's close.

I can definitely see Medal Count and Wicked Strong finishing 1-2 so it would only take 1 horse to blow up the show pool.

mikemca
    Update Status

Social Inclusion 7-5 ML in Woody Stephens

TonyP
    Update your status

Social Inclusion 7-5 ML in Woody Stephens
    bet he gets bet down to, lets hope he washes

harthebar

here are the pp's for the belmont day.....why did social inclusion ...back out

Heppy10
    Heppy10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1574

here are the pp's for the belmont day.....why did social inclusion ...back out
    Thnx har time to study

harthebar

go get them, mike is right, killer card all great horses, its like a mini breeders crown day
    Quote Originally Posted by Heppy10 View Post
    Thnx har time to study

matrix1022
    matrix1022's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12110

Just seen sat card it's awesome all my friends. Can't wait Going with 6 guys to the big one

First ... 145146147148149150151 ... Last