AbeFroman
    AbeFroman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

AbeFroman's Summer Season Picks

Hey All!

Always enjoy reading others posts and picks, and now that I have some more free time, I'd like to start my own thread to contribute to the pick pool on here.

Today I'll go to Parx, and after reviewing the card, my thoughts are below. I'll bold the races I really like, and the unbolded races are more or less just musings after scanning the form:

Results are updated below!

Race 1: RESULT: 7-2-5
    The 2 African King takes a big class drop here to run against $7,500 claimers after running her last six in the allowance ranks with minimal success. I'm going to try and beat the favorite here as my money finds the 5 Captain Twitch. After breaking his maiden at Laurel in March he raced once more and hit the back end of the board, finishing fourth, in a 15000 claiming race for non-winners of two life time. Captain Twitch turns back in distance today, and I think he and jockey Ho Wesley get the job done here.

5 Captain Twitch-- 3.40
    1 Avalanche Attack
    2 African King-- -- 4.00 3.00
    7 Cape Finisterre-- 11.60 5.20 3.20
    EX(7-2) $45.80 TR(7-2-5) $160.80

Race 2: Short field, Results: 6-5
    The 5 Grand Captain is the heavy favorite in this race, and it's my belief that it'll be tough to beat him in this one as he's one all four starts this year at varying claiming levels. If you want to try and take down the favorite though, I'd look to the 3 Jimmymac Bear. After three straight in the money finishes, he sky bombs in here to the 5,000 claiming level from the 25,000 dollar claiming level. The 5 and the 3 may go off as co-favorites, and they should. Wouldn't recommend this race if you are looking for value.

3 Jimmymac Bear
    - Scratched
    5 Grand Captain 2.10
    1 Lots of Tricks
    6 Casa D'Oro-- 15.40 2.80
    2- Hot Minute
    EX(6-5) $23.80
    Race 3: Results: 1-7-5
    Another race full of undesirables is the 3rd race for non-winners of four lifetime for a $7,500 claiming price. I'm going to go away from the first favorite, the 2 Lookingtogetout, and instead focus on the second favorite, the 4 Itineris. JD Acosta gets the call for sixth straight time, and Itineris has found the board in both of it's last two starts, finishing third in a 10,000 n4L claimer at Penn, and third in a race under the same conditions here at Parx on June 6th. I think she has some of the best form in this race, and Chris Grove should never be counted out here. The 1 is also live here, Lake Friends, after winning at the 7500 n3L last time out in May.

4 Itineris
    1 Lake Friends-- 21.60 11.20 6.80
    2 Lookingtogetout
    3 Summiting

Race 4: Results: 3-4-1
    I spoke a little bit about this race in the Parx play of the day thread, but I'll elaborate slightly here. The 6 Meow Gibson comes in here with a profitable morning line price, and my speed calculations show that she has the best figures early in this one. The only concern here will be the 3 Relevator, the morning line favorite, who has run at Pimlico and Monmouth this year and is a formidable closer. I think the lack of early speed hurts her here in a big way, and will leave her closing from far back in the field to hit the middle of the field at the wire as opposed to being in the pack and closing to win. A slow early pace would be her best chance here.

6 Meow Gibson
    4 Diva's Duke 5.60 2.80
    5 Surgeon Nate- Scratched
    1 Flagged 3.20
    3 Relevator 5.60 3.60 2.20
    EX(3-4) $36.80

Race 5: Results: 4-6-2
    The halfway point in this ten race card brings us to a maiden special weight affair, and for what ever reason I have minimal success both with ROI and simply picking in the money finishers in maiden races, so I will leave my speed figures but will give no analysis and don't recommend tailing these.

4 Epic Move 26.80 9.00 4.60
    3 Mr. Bad Guy- Scratched
    5 Research Report
    6 Mr. Cortado 2.60 2.40
    No Add
    EX(4-6) $83.20

Race 6: Results: 9-2-6
    We go off to the sixth race in the another 7,500 N4L, and I'm going to go away from the morning line favorites and gear towards the 6 Marine Major. She's won her last two out so her form is in tact, and she should strive for the lead early on here. The 5 Celeritas Plus is the lone closer in this field, and we'll have to see if the early bias this track has had this week and this meet holds up early on before deciding if the 5 is a reasonable choice here. Finally the 2 Liberty St. Outlaw has good closing speed, and if she doesn't get the lead, must be in the early pack to have a change.

6 Marine Major 5.60
    5 Celeritas Plus
    8 Can Ya Try- Scratched
    7 Secret Infaturation
    2 Liberty St. Outlaw 3.40 2.80

Race 7: Results: 4-8-6
    Race 7 brings us the first allowance of two on today's card in the shape of a 12500 allowance that brings nine starters to the gate. The 4 Candy Heart is my selection in here. Since being claimed, she is two for three with a place finish her only time out of the winners circle in her last three, and it looks to be a good time to move up to the early allowance ranks. The 6 AsFatewouldhaveit has had back to back in the money finishes including a win in this same condition two starts back, and will try 6 furlongs again today, the same distance she won at. She looks to be the price here.

4 Candy Heart 7.40 3.80 4.00
    6 Asfatewouldhaveit 7.20
    5 Beacon Hall
    2 Bosox Fan- Scratched
    1 Joe The Dude

Race 8: Results: 1-5-2
    I'm running short on time so my next three will be quick to close out the card, but 1 Third Time Lucky looks to be the class of the field here, and I see no reason for her not to hold up under today's conditions. The 2 Lady Durlyn ships in from Belmont and will probably get pounded on the tote because of it, but I think in typical Parx fashion, someone will sneak up and challenge for the win you wouldn't expect, and that is the 4 Habby Quatazore.

1 Third Time Lucky 4.80 2.60 2.40
    4 Habby Quatazore
    2 Lady Durlyn 3.40
    9 Record High
    6 Calamari- Scratched

Race 9: Results: 7-6-4
    The ninth race is the main feature on this card, as we go to the turf for a 48,000 dollar allowance for non-winners of two races other than maiden, claiming or starter allowances. My selection here is the 4 Caribbean Lady, who ships in from Presque Isle which was the second of two races she ran on synthetic surface, the first being at Woodbine, and didn't fare well. Turf has been her bread and butter, and she should run away with it here. The 7 Look at me Dance is a Pa. bred with a shot in here, and the 8 Try and Catch Me Now shouldn't be counted out either.

4 Caribbean Lady 2.20
    7 Look at me dance 8.80 4.80 3.20
    8 Try and Catch Me Now
    6 Amnesian 13.60 4.80
    EX(7-6) $129.80 TR(7-6-4) $307.60

Race 10: Results: 2-3-7
    I'll take 7 JJ Fallen Star here to close in on the pack and get the job done in the card closer.

7 JJ Fallen Star 4.40
    8 Molto Beane
    3 Feldberg 4.20 3.20
    2 Raven Dancer 7.20 4.20 3.40
    EX(2-3) $36.00 TR(2-3-7) $149.00

There's a look at my thoughts on the Parx card for today. I have listed four finishers and will be playing those in a variety of horizontal and vertical plays, so feel free to do the same. BOL!

Edited for scratches, and this card was hit pretty good with them. Blue is the add, red is the scratched.
    Last edited by AbeFroman; 06-27-11 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Results and Prices Updated

AbeFroman

Hope I had some followers today, not a bad day at all. Bombs away today which was good for the prices, but really hurt in a few races.

May do a track this evening, not sure yet, but otherwise I'll be back tomorrow. Not sure where too yet, possibly Parx again.

AbeFroman

Going back to Delaware Park today. Here we go:

Race 1: ** 15,000 Results: 5-7-1

As I said yesterday, I do not like playing maiden races, so I won't give much here. The 1 in this race Rubble Rouser runs for the first time today, and she'll go with lasix for a good blood line that has 3 winners from 5 starters on the dams side. I'd give the 4 Money Money a look in here as well, as her bloodlines have good first time starters as well.

1 Rubble Rouser---- 2.60
    4 Money Money
    2 Lady Maria
    5 My Name is Ralphie---- 8.20 3.80 2.40

Race 2: Clam 7,500 N2L Results: 7-6-5

The second race of the day will go a mile in what appears to be a sunny day in the first state. The 5 Captain Crench is one of two closers in the field, and with the rest of the horses in this one looking to be able to set a pretty good pace, CC should be in great position to close. Hoping that his last start where be bobbled and did not finish the race will leave some value in his odds. The 6 Pecky's Boy may finally be ready to go in his third race back from a lay-off and moving to a route for the first time today, and I wouldn't look past the 3 Bona Fide. His odds will be high, but his trainer flourishes in a race such as this with these conditions.

5 Captain Crench--- 3.20
    6 Pecky's Boy--- 9.80 6.20
    4 Better Shop Around
    3 Bona Fide

Race 3: ** 7500 Results: 2-1-5
    Another one of my least favorite races, a cheap maiden bout going 5 and 1/2 furlongs. I like the 2 Concerto Relic who is now back in to his proper condition after getting blown away at the Maiden Claiming 10,000 dollar level. I'll throw the 4 Bankers Solo out for a price.

2 Concerto Relic-- 6.20 3.80 4.00
    3 King Star
    4 Bankers Solo
    1 Iron Mystery-- 2.80 2.80

2/1 EXA 7.30

Race 4: Claiming 15,000 never won 3 lifetime Results: 1-2-5
    The 5 Cut the Corner will probably be the favorite in a race where his trainer is hitting a +.80 moving down two classes, as Cut the Corner has struggled in her last two stops in higher level claimers. I also like the coupled entry in this field, the 1 Song of Stars and the 1A Cool Joe Brown who have the class of this field but up to this point not the form. I think the 1 has the best chance here, as he ran well off the 1A the last time they raced as a couple. The 3 Higher Place will factor here in his first under Ron Potts with Ricardo CHiappe on top.

5 Cut the Corner-- 2.40
    1 Song of Stars and 1A Cool Joe Brown--- 6.60 3.80 2.40
    3 Higher Place
    4 Richie's Rocket

Race 5:Claiming 20,000 who have never won 2 races Results 4-9-10

The fifth race here moves to the turf for the first time, and it matches claimers for 20,000 dollars who have never won 2 races. My pick here is the 5 Champagne Spirit, who has the best closing speed in this field and should be able to set up the way she wants to for top honors today. I think the 6 Glorious Notion can factor here, but will have to overcome her trainers poor turf stats to find the winners circle today. The also eligibles have some potential, as the 14 Misty's Song and the 13 Alpha Darlin both intrigue my interest from their morning line odds, especially with Misty's Song's success on turf, where she broke her maiden. Finally, the 4 Lady Winaway has terrific trainer stats going from dirt to turf, and should be a good play for a price.

5 Champaigne Spirit
    6 Glorious Notion
    9 Pats Kitten-- 4.60 3.80
    4 Lady Winaway-- 46.80 21.60 9.00
    EXA 4-9 207.60

Race 6: Clm 5,000 non-winners of 4 lifetime Results: 4-7-2
    The 2 Giuseppina will most likely be the favorite here, and as the trends have gone, the races today have lent themselves to the morning line favorites. Giuseppina finished fourth in the next step down condition, and now moves up here for the first time to this non-winners of four lifetime class.
    Next up is the 5 Timber Lane who will need to improve on her previous early pace numbers to have a chance to factor here. The positives to that note is only the 2 and the 7 Go Gone Girl, who also has a chance with Naparavnik on top, have the early speed to leave Timber Lane behind.

5 Timber Lane
    2 Giuespinna--- 2.40
    7 Go Gone Girl--- 3.40 2.60
    4 Issues Echo--- 12.20 6.20 3.40
    EXA 4/7 22.50 TRI 4/7/2 69.80

Race 7: Claiming 6,250 Results: 3-1-6
    Cheap horses will race in the seventh race for 6,250 dollar claimers, and for the first time I'm heading to a non morning live favorite, the 2 The Great McGee, won the last time out and has the early speed figures to run on the pace and in front with this group, which is where he's had success in the past. The morning line favorite 3 Cherokee Rider should take a lot of money and with good reason, but I believe McGee should be able to out run Cherokee Rider today. The 5 Rock Lobster returns to dirt for the first time since winning under these same conditions in May, and should return while heading back to the dirt surface.

2 The Great McGee
    5 Rock Lobster
    3 Cherokee Rider-- 4.60 2.40 2.20
    7 Vindicat

Race 8: OC 50,000 for non-winners of maiden, claimer, or starter Results: 2-5-6
    The feature race on the card shouldn't be much of a race, or so it appears on paper, as the 6 Sporting Holiday is going to take a ton of money and with good reason as she has the best speed figures in this field, and has been in the money five of her last five races on the turf, which is where this race will be run today. 8 Regal Revenge heads to the turf for the first time and should factor today without having dirt kicked in his face, and 2 Star Zapper should improve in his second off the lay-off and his first under Juan Vazquez. If any horse has a chance to blow past Holiday for the win, it's Star Zapper.

6 Sporting Holiday
    2 Star Zapper-- 10.20 3.40
    8 Regal Revenge
    5 Commander--- 2.60
    EXA 2/5 12.50

Race 9: Maiden 7,500 Results: 7-6-9
    We'll close down the card with a final maiden race, and one I'm going to pass on. Here's my speed figures:

4 Real Fortuna
    8 Dazzle and Shine
    6 Desert Baby--- 6.40 4.00
    7 Cayman Islands--- 6.80 4.60 2.80
    EXA 6/7 22.70

BOL all!
    Last edited by AbeFroman; 06-28-11 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Updated with Results

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

nice start abe, good luck w/your thread

AbeFroman

Great hit in the 5th at Delaware, exacta paid 213. Thanks for stopping by, Zebra.

AbeFroman

Not a great day in terms of consistency, but that exata in the fifth was huge. Also had a 5 dollar W/P on Star Zapper there in the eighth and finished up 200 for the day. See everyone tomorrow!

AbeFroman

Heading back to Delaware Park today, and also plan to hit Presque Islands as well.

Race 1: Maiden 15,000
    Again, not my favorite, but my top pick here will be the 6 Jazz Age, who ran well under this condition last time out, and in her third career start, is under a trainer and jockey who have great route records with no change in class. Also like the 7 Dance with Falcons in this one, who has been regaining form in her last two starts, and may be ready to run for top honors today.

6 Jazz Age
    7 Dance with Falcons
    2 Enemy Fire

Race 2: Clm 7,500 n2L
    We move on to Race 2 on the card for fillies and mares non-winners of two lifetime for 7500 dollars, and I think the first and second favorites here in no particular order will be and should be the 6 Watsup Queen and the 7 Girlofmydreams. Watsup Queen will run her first race after breaking her maiden, and Girlofmydreams will run under this condition for the second time, where she finished second her last out. I think if anyone can steal the show from these two, it'll be the 2 Vice or Vurtue, who has shown form of his own of late even those he hasn't crossed the line in front yet in his racing career. Don't look past the 3 Surreal Dancer.

2 Vice or Virture
    6 Watsup Queen
    7 Girlofmydreams

Race 3: Clam 5,000 n2L
    The third race is for non-winners of two lifetime dropping in for a 5,000 dollar tag, and I don't see much value in this race. The 3 Run for Shelter is the 3/2 morning line favorite, but I think this horse will need a race under her belt after sitting on the bench for three months, and I'm going to try and beat her with the 4 Art's Girl, as I'm curious to see if she can return to her late 2009 form at a route distance to get the job done today at a price and the third outing off a lay-off. The 2 Arthur's Appeal may be a more conservative choice to beat the favorite, as he will run for the second time since coming off the bench for Juan Carlos Vasquez.

4 Art's Girl
    2 Arthur's Appeal
    3 Run for the Shelter

Race 4: Clm 7,500 N2L
    I'll try to beat another short favorite here with Naparavnik on top as the 3/2 morning line favorite the 3 Dance with Another is going to take a ton of money after running the spring meet at Churchill Downs and the winter meet at Gulfstream Park. I'll give the 5 and the 6 a shot in this one to beat the favorite, and I think the 6 Just Money finally gets off the turf and out of the route distance to the more favorable dirt sprint in which he's flourished, and the 5 Anna's Gin who has had nice form of late and has ran well at this distance.

6 Just Money
    3 Dance with Another
    5 Anna's Gin

Race 5: Clm 20,000 N2L
    This race is the fullest field of the day and offers a good challenge with 20,000 dollar claimers who have not won two life time. The 10 Lights out Lidge drops a class to run with the 20,000 dollar claimers and will run for the second time since last November, and trainer Tim Ritchey has great stats with moving down a class. I'm going to try another price in here, the 1 Fast Joe, and the 8 Expressivo ships in from Tampa Bay and will run for the first time at Delaware Park.

10 Lights out Lidge
    1 Fast Joe
    8 Expressivo

Race 6: Clm 5,000 N4L
    We move on to race 6 and the 2 Seperate Cheecks has the form, class, and speed figures to wire this field with ease. I'll put him on top and the 6 Mariposa Rosa beneath, as this was drops in from 12,500 dollar conditioned claimers to run against 5,000 dollar horses here. I'll use the 7 Dance Raven Dance as well.

2 Seperate Cheeks
    6 Mariposa Rosa
    7 Dance Raven Dance

Race 7: Alw 40,500 n2l
    Race 7 features a closed allowance for 40,500 for non-winners of two lifetime, and the 5 Terra Rolla will move up in the allowance ranks for the third straight time today, as she was in the money her previous two starts at lower allowance levels. I think this race sets up for a closer which will bode well for the 9 Armarante, who went off at less than even money in her debut which she won by half a length and now flies up to the allowance ranks. The 8 Cofaqhcui will be able to work from the middle of the pack and close hard if it sets up that way.

5 Terra Rolla
    9 Armarante
    8 Cofachiqui

Race 8: Oclm 16,000 n1x
    In this huge field of closed condition claimers I'm going to start by talking about the 2 Naphtali. This horse may be the price of the day that Lady Winaway was in yesterday's fifth race, although the odds may not be as high. This horse has been run way above it's head the first two times back off a lay-off, and this play falls in to the angle of starting a horse first back off a lay-off way over it's head, then slightly over it's head, then dropping it in where it should be with good odds. Naphtali ran back to back show finishes last out, and I wouldn't be surprised if her 12/1 morning line is greater than her post time odds. Another price here may come from the 6 Round Trip Loner, who has Victor Lebron on top today and re-broke well last time out to win. I'll also try the 9 The First to Know who will try this distance and condition on turf after finishing third last out under these conditions on dirt. I'm going to throw the 3 Big Top in here and box the four for a one dollar exata for 12 bucks.

2 Naphtal
    6 Round Trip Loner
    9 The First to Know
    3 Big Top

Race 9: ** 15000
    The final race on the card at Delaware Park is for maidens claiming 15,000, and this is a mess for those like myself who have untrained eyes for maiden races.

1/1a Roadster Mhf, Awesome Power Mhf
    2 Whip Pizzaz
    8 Fond Farewell
    Last edited by AbeFroman; 06-29-11 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Races Completed

AbeFroman

Worth noting all races moved off the turf today at Del. Park.

JayAre
    JayAre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Excellent thread you have going here...does the move to the main track impact your analysis at all for the 5th and the 8th races?

Thanks!

AbeFroman

Hi Jay,

Thanks for stopping in! In the 5th my picks remain the same with the move to the main track. In the 8th, my top pick the 2 scratches due to the move, I'll include the 7 Forgotten Knot to the four horse exata box.

JayAre

Great call on the 7, Abe! Heading anywhere to play today?

AbeFroman

Hi Jay,

Thanks for stopping in again today! I will be posting yesterday's results but then taking the rest of the day off. If you haven't noticed, I play mostly daytime tracks, and today is light on the ones I like to play. I hate playing Belmont, and Churchill Downs always has good fields but I seem to struggle there and don't feel like throwing money at it after the last few days. I'll be back tomorrow laying either Monmouth, Calder, or Finger Lakes. BOL today!

AbeFroman

Results from yesterday at Del. Park. Couldn't edit the original post for some reason so here they are.

Quote Originally Posted by AbeFroman View Post
    Heading back to Delaware Park today, and also plan to hit Presque Islands as well.

Race 1: Maiden 15,000
    Again, not my favorite, but my top pick here will be the 6 Jazz Age, who ran well under this condition last time out, and in her third career start, is under a trainer and jockey who have great route records with no change in class. Also like the 7 Dance with Falcons in this one, who has been regaining form in her last two starts, and may be ready to run for top honors today.
    Results: 3-6-2
    6 Jazz Age--4.40 3.00
    7 Dance with Falcons
    2 Enemy Fire-- 2.40

Race 2: Clm 7,500 n2L
    We move on to Race 2 on the card for fillies and mares non-winners of two lifetime for 7500 dollars, and I think the first and second favorites here in no particular order will be and should be the 6 Watsup Queen and the 7 Girlofmydreams. Watsup Queen will run her first race after breaking her maiden, and Girlofmydreams will run under this condition for the second time, where she finished second her last out. I think if anyone can steal the show from these two, it'll be the 2 Vice or Vurtue, who has shown form of his own of late even those he hasn't crossed the line in front yet in his racing career. Don't look past the 3 Surreal Dancer.
    Results: 7-6-4
    2 Vice or Virture
    6 Watsup Queen
    7 Girlofmydreams
    $1 Exacta$7.20

Race 3: Clam 5,000 n2L
    The third race is for non-winners of two lifetime dropping in for a 5,000 dollar tag, and I don't see much value in this race. The 3 Run for Shelter is the 3/2 morning line favorite, but I think this horse will need a race under her belt after sitting on the bench for three months, and I'm going to try and beat her with the 4 Art's Girl, as I'm curious to see if she can return to her late 2009 form at a route distance to get the job done today at a price and the third outing off a lay-off. The 2 Arthur's Appeal may be a more conservative choice to beat the favorite, as he will run for the second time since coming off the bench for Juan Carlos Vasquez.
    Results: 2-3-4
    4 Art's Girl
    2 Arthur's Appeal
    3 Run for the Shelter
    $1 Exacta $8.80 $1 Trifecta$49.50
    Race 4: Clm 7,500 N2L
    I'll try to beat another short favorite here with Naparavnik on top as the 3/2 morning line favorite the 3 Dance with Another is going to take a ton of money after running the spring meet at Churchill Downs and the winter meet at Gulfstream Park. I'll give the 5 and the 6 a shot in this one to beat the favorite, and I think the 6 Just Money finally gets off the turf and out of the route distance to the more favorable dirt sprint in which he's flourished, and the 5 Anna's Gin who has had nice form of late and has ran well at this distance.
    Results: 4-6-3
    6 Just Money
    3 Dance with Another
    5 Anna's Gin

Race 5: Clm 20,000 N2L
    This race is the fullest field of the day and offers a good challenge with 20,000 dollar claimers who have not won two life time. The 10 Lights out Lidge drops a class to run with the 20,000 dollar claimers and will run for the second time since last November, and trainer Tim Ritchey has great stats with moving down a class. I'm going to try another price in here, the 1 Fast Joe, and the 8 Expressivo ships in from Tampa Bay and will run for the first time at Delaware Park.
    Results: 4-1-10
    10 Lights out Lidge
    1 Fast Joe
    8 Expressivo

Race 6: Clm 5,000 N4L
    We move on to race 6 and the 2 Seperate Cheecks has the form, class, and speed figures to wire this field with ease. I'll put him on top and the 6 Mariposa Rosa beneath, as this was drops in from 12,500 dollar conditioned claimers to run against 5,000 dollar horses here. I'll use the 7 Dance Raven Dance as well.
    2-1-4
    2 Seperate Cheeks----- 12.40 4.40 3.40
    6 Mariposa Rosa
    7 Dance Raven Dance

Race 7: Alw 40,500 n2l
    Race 7 features a closed allowance for 40,500 for non-winners of two lifetime, and the 5 Terra Rolla will move up in the allowance ranks for the third straight time today, as she was in the money her previous two starts at lower allowance levels. I think this race sets up for a closer which will bode well for the 9 Armarante, who went off at less than even money in her debut which she won by half a length and now flies up to the allowance ranks. The 8 Cofaqhcui will be able to work from the middle of the pack and close hard if it sets up that way.
    Results: 8-7-9
    5 Terra Rolla
    9 Armarante
    8 Cofachiqui

Race 8: Oclm 16,000 n1x
    In this huge field of closed condition claimers I'm going to start by talking about the 2 Naphtali. This horse may be the price of the day that Lady Winaway was in yesterday's fifth race, although the odds may not be as high. This horse has been run way above it's head the first two times back off a lay-off, and this play falls in to the angle of starting a horse first back off a lay-off way over it's head, then slightly over it's head, then dropping it in where it should be with good odds. Naphtali ran back to back show finishes last out, and I wouldn't be surprised if her 12/1 morning line is greater than her post time odds. Another price here may come from the 6 Round Trip Loner, who has Victor Lebron on top today and re-broke well last time out to win. I'll also try the 9 The First to Know who will try this distance and condition on turf after finishing third last out under these conditions on dirt. I'm going to throw the 3 Big Top in here and box the four for a one dollar exata for 12 bucks.
    Results: 7-9-3
    7 Forgotton Knot*
    6 Round Trip Loner
    9 The First to Know
    3 Big Top
    $1 Exacta$33.70
    $1 Trifecta $120.20

Race 9: ** 15000
    The final race on the card at Delaware Park is for maidens claiming 15,000, and this is a mess for those like myself who have untrained eyes for maiden races.
    Results: 8-4-1A
    1/1a Roadster Mhf, Awesome Power Mhf
    2 Whip Pizzaz
    8 Fond Farewell

AbeFroman

Back in the saddle, and off to Finger Lakes today!

Race 1: Clm5,000 n1y
    This race is going to offer little value as the coupled entry 1Bullstar and the 1A Wesniak and the 6 Great Addiction are going to take a lot of money and with good reason. Great Addicition drops in here with a great trainer record when dropping one class, and the 1 and 1A, particularly the 1A. I'll use the 4 Insightful to round out the exacta.

1A/1 Wesniak/Bullstar
    4 Insightful
    6 Great Addiction

Race 2: Clm 4,000 n1y
    The 6 Fearless Buzz intrigues me at a price as this one is the third off a lay-off and has been running in this condition. The catch for me is her speed figures, which have been much the best compared to most in this field. I also like the 8 in here, D.C. Thunder. He's had good form of late, and may finally be able to jump up for top honor today. I'm not thrilled with the 5 Mendelsshon here, as she sky bombs in here from the allowance ranks, but I'll add her to the exacta.

6 Fearless Buzz
    8 D.C. Thunder
    5 Mendelsshon

Race 3: Clm 4,000 N1Y
    Another claiming 4,000 for non-winners since January, and I'll start with the 4 Star of Rome. He's been in the money his last two out in this condition, and has the best speed figures at this distance in the field today. His trainer is superb with second start off a lay-off, as well. The 6 Bryan Kicks is the heavy morning line favorite, and even though this is her first time out this year, she may be much the best at this distance. I'm also going to take a stab at this with the coupled entry once again, but if the 1 gets scratched, don't play the 1A, and use the 2 Edubaiyah Way.

4 Star of Rome
    6 Bryan Kicks
    1 Coach Frucisco/1A Son of Sabato

Race 4: Clm 4,000 N4L
    This one will be simple, not much of an explanation. I like my speed figures, and am using them here:
    2 My Lucky Way
    1 Our Lady Liberty
    6 Ain't Love Grand

Race 5: Clm 4,000 N2Y
    We get to Race 5 with a race for three year olds who have not won two races since January. I like the 5 Brock N Roll to start off here, who can close off the pack or in the middle of things to win at this distance. I like the 4 Isn't It Tuesday yet as well here, who won her first race since January last time out and will go for number two. Don't think she wins, but certainly hits the money. I'll use the 1 to close it out, Surfing Ian, who with Grabowski on top should be able to get to the front and threaten strong from there.

5 Brock N Roll
    4 Isn't It Tuesday
    1 Surfing Ian

Race 6: Clm 4,000
    An open claiming race crosses the card for the first time today as 4,000 dollar horses run here. I'm running low on time here, I have to get out the door for work, so here are my picks:
    2B Blue Diablo
    4 Zip of Fools
    5 Rockin Sarah

Race 7: Clm 7,5000 N3L
    3 Googlelized
    4 Born to Dazzle
    5 Titusville

Race 8: Alw16,800N2L
    4 Inthewest
    1 Allaboutthedream/1A Hi Ho Silverman
    6 Double Wham

Race 9: Md 4,000
    3 Ceclia's Cat
    4 Juliets Secret
    5 Goldon Grove

Best of luck all! I'll be back later to check on scratches.

AbeFroman

Tough day so far, going to give it one last stab here in the seventh:
    $2.00 Exa box: 3,4,5
    $1 Exa: 3,4 WT 3,4,5,7

AbeFroman

Another frustrating finish in the eighth as the five finished first ahead of 6, 1A, 4.

Not playing the ninth, finish down 12 bucks live money for the day. Back at it tomorrow, I'll update the results from today later on. BOL all!

JayAre

Hey Abe, used your numbers to play a pick 4 in Race 2 yesterday. My ticket was 6 8/4 6/1 2/5...just missed! I was tempted to play the pick 3 in the third, and would have hit...oh well. Though it was a tough day, all of your picks were in the mix. Heading anywhere today?

AbeFroman

It was a tough day, for sure. I give Hollywood Park a shot, but only gonna play a few races. Will post them in a bit. Thanks for stopping by! You have any favorite tracks?

AbeFroman

Hollywood Park today:

Race 1:
    It's not going to be the tote board favorite, but I think the #5 has a very good chance with these runners today coming off his show finish last time out. I'll use the #4 Lamm in here as well who drops down to the 25,000 dollar level from the next step up and has run well under this condition. I'll use the 2 Obsess in her first start of the year.

4 Lamm
    5 Fandino
    2 Obsess

Race 2: Md 20,000-
    Going to play the 5 Pet Me Pet Me to Win/Show, and that's it here.

Race 3:
    Loving the 6 B Lucky Strikes in this one, who I think can close down this field and hit the money if not top honors. I think the 2 El Aldantado can hit the money here, but not going to throw her in the exacta.

6 B Lucky Strikes
    7 Star Nicholas
    5 Jailbird Jimmy

Race 4:
    Think the 4 gets up here at morning line odds of 8/1, and that's all I like here.

Race 5:
    1 Sky Thrill
    7 Mark of a Warrior
    8 Danny James

Race 6:
    3 Smokey Lonesome
    5 Carcortado
    2 Blue Chagall

Going to Skip race 7 and 8 and head straight to Race 9

Race 9:
    I'll box up the 7,2,5 here in the exacta

7 Amazombie
    5 Color of Courage
    2 Camp Victory

Sorry for the lack of explanation later in the card, gotta get my bets down and head out the door. BOL all!

zebra58

best of luck today abe

AbeFroman

Wish I woulda posted it, but I decided to throw the 2 in the third race exacta, COMPLETED: 60490644931047 HOL #3 $1 Exacta BX,2,5,6,7 none $ 12.00 $ 84.10 + $ 72.10
    Looking at the rest of my picks, winner in the first, the third is above, got picked off by the six in the fifth, and Smiling Tiger ran a great race in the ninth to pull me down there as well.

Not sure where I'm off to tomorrow quite yet.. Maybe Prairie Meadows, maybe Louisiana Downs, I'm not sure yet. Anyone have any suggestions or desires leave them below and I might head there. BOL all!

AbeFroman

Hey Zebra, thanks for stopping by. How have the horses been treatin ya lately?

zebra58

i'm still the same i hit a few then miss a few, good luck today

AbeFroman

Alrighty, going to Arlington Park today, and don't think I'll play the first three races live money due to maidens, but I'll decide that later.

Race 1:
    I like the 3 Rising Star in here, use the 5 Reggivlle and the 6 Kathy's Man.

Race 2:
    No explanation here, just like on paper:
    7 Tequiala Factor
    5 Fairy Cat
    4 Dakota his Due

Race 3:
    7 Fapitude
    5 Candy Train
    3 Ssschille Day

Race 4:
    Finally done with the maiden section of the card, and we begin with 5,000 dollar claimers who have not won this racing year, or have not won four races lifetime. I'm going to start with the 9 Cuban Missile. This one has not had any form lately, but I think can get up here while dropping down a level to hit the board at a price today. Next up is the 6 Dooney Rocks, who has great form and drops down here. My concern with this one is pretty big; it's been run ragget this spring and keeps dropping down to no avail in the claiming box. That being said, top honors look to be in store for this one today, and I'll use the 7 Rockerfella.

6 Dooney Rocks
    7 Rockerfella
    9 Cuban Missle

Race 5:
    An early level allowance race greets us in Race 5 as horses who have run in claiming races for 30,000 dollars or less enter here to go a mile on the turf. The 9 Top Surprize has won back to back races including her maiden the last two out, and is in great form to bump up for a win here. I'll try the 5 Legendary Kings as well.

9 Top Surprize
    5 Legendary Kings
    8 Live in Joy

Race 6:
    Race 6 moves back to the claiming category, as horses who have not won two races lifetime enter here for 25,000. The trainer of the six Doodle Dandy is a perfect two for two with second time starters on grass, and sitting at 22 percent win percentage and 50 percent in the money with horses off a lay-off, and I don't feel there is anyway to leave this horse of the exactas today. I'm going to box up the 2, 7, 8 in the exacta with the 6 here.

6 Doodle Dandy
    2 Nikki's Sandcastle
    7 Tiger Mike
    8 Knightfeister

Race 7:
    Race 7 brings us the feature race of the day in the Grade III Chicago H., and I like the 8 Hot Hot Mama to start here, as she'll run for the first time this year on the all-weather track at Arlington, and I think she can get away from these ones early. The 7 Dr. Zic has good speed numbers as well, and I feel E.T. Baird on top today gives her great opportunity in here, and I'll again use four horses, adding the 3 and the 4.

8 Hot Hot Mama
    7 Dr. Zic
    3 Home's the Best
    4 Hooh Why

Race 8:
    I'll throw the 8 Cougar Shadow out here, but nothing else strong enough.

Race 9:
    I'm going to love my some prices in the 9th race, as I feel this larger field, I believe it's the largest of the day, will offer some great value. I think the 10 Gavilan gets up and gets it done in this claiming race, but I'm not looking past the 6 Huckleberry Boy or the 3 Cantonic, and going to box those up for an exacta in race 9.

10 Gavilan
    6 Huckleberry Boy
    3 Cantonic

Race 10:
    Final race here I'm not too strong on, but I'm going to go with a three horse exacta.

8 Black Cross WITH 9 Twylas Red Cat and 4 Abounding Aptitude.

Best of luck all!

bigcat21
    bigcat21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you going to tifecta any of these or just play exacta? Are you going to play any pick 3s or 4s?

Thanks

AbeFroman

Quote Originally Posted by bigcat21 View Post
    Are you going to tifecta any of these or just play exacta? Are you going to play any pick 3s or 4s? Thanks
    Not sure if I'll play them, but I'd be confident throwing any of the races I chose four horses; the 6th and 7th, as well as the 4th race, in the tri.

Looking in the pick 4/3 as we speak.

bigcat21

Quote Originally Posted by AbeFroman View Post
    Not sure if I'll play them, but I'd be confident throwing any of the races I chose four horses; the 6th and 7th, as well as the 4th race, in the tri.

Looking in the pick 4/3 as we speak.
    okay thanks. let me know about the pick 4/3

thanks

AbeFroman

Sorry bigcat, never got around to the pick 3 and four as I got called in to work.

Looking over the results, the 1 took us down in the first race but did have the winner and the show horse, Race 2 hit the 96 dollar exacta, race 3 was the big hit of the day with the 147 dollar exacta coming in, had a short exacta in the fifth of 12.20. Wish I would have got in the first race pick 3, those three together paid 898 for the dollar pick 3!

The back end of the card was a wash in terms of exactas, but still a pretty good day.

Probably going to take tomorrow off, I'm golfing in the morning and going to two cookouts later in the day which will probably limit my computer time. Best of luck all and if anyone has anything drop it in and I'll try and get some plays to go with it. Enjoy the fourth!

AbeFroman

Going to give Belmont a try today, no time for explanations, just my picks:

Race 1:

I like the 6 to hit the money in here as well for vertical wagering purposes.

Race 2:
    Skip

Race 3:
    Skip

Race 4:

Race 5:
    Skip

Race 6:

Race 7:
    Skip

Race 8:

Race 9:

Race 10:
    Skip

Best of luck all!

AbeFroman

Yesterday is a prime example of why rushing and just playing and not handicapping when playing the horses can turn bad. Played three races, only hit one and that was the only race I even had plays in the money. Not a great day.

Going to head out to Delaware Park again today, mostly because today's SBR contest is being played at Del. Park

Race 1:
    A maiden claiming race leads us off here, and you all know my feelings on those races at this point. That being said, the 4 in this one So Raven, will go with blinkers on today, and her trainer has superb stats with first time blinkers. Include her in any exotics in a less than stellar field.

7 Archrival
    5 Miss Shoppin Diva
    2 Dreamin of Nata
    4 So Raven

Race 2:
    Short field greets us in the second race, and I'm going to use a few horses that have been in the money of late but still are seeking top honors.

4 Mr. Haywood
    2 Charlies Swell
    3 Reflejo

Race 3:
    Have to go chalky in Race 3 which takes us in to the claiming box for the first time, so I'll try and beat the favorite with a horse who should be a second favorite.
    2 Myosistis Survivor
    6 Goernment Bailout
    5 Always a Pleasure

Race 4:
    8 Target the Gold
    With the 1 of the couple entry scratched, going to use the 7 Saint Abe
    2 All My Chips

Race 5:
    A huge field enters a 20,000 dollar claimer here and I think this race will live up the the anticipation of a large field. I love the 5 Dontgetgladgetmad, and I think this horse will get top honors today. The 12 Tony's Back ran last out at my stomping grounds at Penn, and ran away with his last race by 22 lengths and will contend today. Use the 10 Giant Move, and damn, the 8 Richie Rules certainly peaks my interest here.

5 Dontgetgladget mad
    10 Giant Move
    12 Tony's Back
    8 Richie Rules

Race 6
    AN optional claimer greets us here, and I think the 7 Avenue can get it done here; she has great speed figs. The 6 Bear's Rocket should be able to factor here, who has had fantastic form of late, and the 3 Roy L. has the best speed figure in this race.

7 Avenue
    6 Bear's Rocket
    3 Roy L.
    4 Aussi Austin

Race 7:
    This is a tough race, and I really don't feel comfortable on gambling on anyone in it. The 1 and 1a are going to take a majority of the money, and of price purposes, I like the 8 Gotta Believe as well as 7 Awesome's Rhythm and the 3 Sudden Shift. I'm either going to get great prices or lose by a thousand. We'll see.

The 1 is scratched, but still going to use the 1A on top
    8 Gotta Believe
    7 Awesome's Rhythm
    3 Sudden Shift

Race 8:
    The 4 War Prospector is my top pick in here, as she comes from a variety of graded races to this allowance field today. I also like the 9 Sarah's Song, and the 3 Sea Wing

4 War Prospector
    9 Sarah's Song
    3 Sea Wing

Race 9:
    In the final race we get first time or lightly raced maidens, and my picks are as followed:

3 Jango
    1/1a
    5 Suchke

Best of luck all!
    Last edited by AbeFroman; 07-05-11 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Updated for Scratches

bigcat21

thanks for the picks, you going to play any pick 3s?

AbeFroman

Hey Bigcat

I'm not going after the pick 3 today, but with that being said, I'd feel confident playing the pick 3 that is the middle one, either races 4,5,6 or races 5,6,7. BOL!

AbeFroman

Yikes, the 2 bumps the rail on the home stretch and drops out of the exacta to finish third. Tough beat, on to the next one.

bigcat21

Any plays today

AbeFroman

Hey bigcat,

None for today, I went out small game hunting this morning and now off to work in a little bit. I tend to take Wednesday's off, as it's an off day at a lot of tracks I care to play.

12 Last