AbeFroman
    AbeFroman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

Back to Arlington Park today, here we go:

Race 1: Clm15,000N2L
    I love the 2 Take Note of Me in here, as she comes in to closed condition claimer racing for the first time in her short racing career. I also think the 4 I see Mambo will provide a nice price in here, and I'll close it out with the 1 Innocent Kitten who will finally get off the turf and back on the all weather track.

Race 2: Maiden 10,000- SKIP

Race 3: Clm7,500 N2L
    I don't really care for this field to be frank, folks. The 5 Big Bruin should get top honors in this field, as she returns to all-weather surface today after a place finish on this same track last time out. Also like the 8 Indian Talk as will the 3 No Song N Dance.

5 Big Bruin
    8 Indian Talk
    3 No Song N Dance

Race 4: OC80000N3x
    I'm going to use four horses in this exacta, and I'll use the heavy favorite the 4 A She's Adorable on top with the 2 Akhmatova, who will run for the third time in the states at Arlington.. On bottom, I'll use the 4, 2, the 3 Vino Via, and the 5 Silent Candy.
    EDIT: Ah, stewards have scratched Akhmatova which is frustrating, I really thought that horse could get it done.

Ah well, starting the pick 3 here, and I'll use 4,2,3, and 5

Race 5: Clm 10,000
    Open claimers greet us here in Race 5, and this field is incredibly interesting to me. I like the 3 and the 4 who will be tote board favorites, but I also love the 1 Serengeti, who is running for the first time out of the Tim Ice barn and should provide a nice price, as to the 7 Smokealongthecreek, who had fantastic closing figures ont his all weather surface in his first start last out, might finally be ready to grab top honors.

7 Smokealongthecreek
    1 Sergenti
    3 Alarming Afleet
    4 Timeless Facts

Race 6: Clm 27,500
    I like the 2 in this field Monstrip, who I think is finally going to be placed in a condition today to flourish. I'm going to use the 5 Jazz Odyssey and the 6 Hello Again, and I'm not a fan of the morning line favorite, the 3 Doctor Carina, who will take money because he's a tampa shipper.

2 Monstrip
    5 Jazz Odyssey
    6 Hello Again

Race 7:Maiden 25,000: Skip, but give the 8 Barb's Buckle consideration in here.

Race 8: Alw 30,500 n1x
    I love the 9 Seeking Reason in this one, who has incredible experience on all-weather surface and should be good to go today. I like the 2 Miss Twenty One in here as well, and also will take a chance with the 6 Countless Vindi.

9 Seeking Reason
    2 Miss Twenty One
    6 Countless Vindi

Race 9: Maiden 25,000- SKIP

For Bigcat- I'm going after the pick 3 starting in Race 4, and will play 4,5,6 for that pick 3. BOL!
    Last edited by AbeFroman; 07-07-11 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Scratches

AbeFroman

Just a brutal, brutal day, down 81 bucks. Bombs away at Arlington today, and I wasn't on any of them.

Ah well, got to have the good days with the bad. Probably taking tomorrow off, but we'll see. BOL all!

AbeFroman

Going to give Presque Isle a shot tonight, with two stake races on the card it looks to be a fairly solid play tonight. BOL to any that follow, and just in case I don't make it back here, I will not be playing any pick 3/4's today.

Race 1: Maiden Special Weight
    You guys know by now I avoid these like the plague, but my selections in here are the 3 Lady of Truth and the 6 Skip the Sermon.

Race 2: Maiden Special Weight
    Like the 3 Shotinthefog here as well as the 5 Offlee Clever.

Race 3: Clm 12,500 N4L
    The first closed condition claiming race on the card is for horses claiming 12,500 winners of less than four lifetime. They'll go 5.5 furlongs on the all-weather surface in this one, and my top pick here is the 6 Sculptor, who will run for the second time this season at PID after shipping in from Finger Lakes. I also like the 3 Down The Road, who ran second versus tougher last out and can run away from this field if Spieth lets her. I'm afraid the 2 Indian Fog will take more money they she should here due to racing out of the Jamie Ness barn, but if you can get her in your exotics at a price of 4/1 or higher, take it. If it dips below that, I'd consider looking for a price out of the 1 Juke Joint, who finally is getting in to a condition that fits this horse.

6 Sculptor
    3 Down the Road
    1 Juke Joint/4 Indian Fog

Race 4: Clm 12,500 N1Y
    The fourth race features horses who have not won a race at the claiming price exceeding 7,500 dollars this racing year, and my top pick here is the 2 Brocket Man, who has the class of this field and the form as well and can get the job done here. I also like the 6 Blind River Fox, who gets back on turf today and drops down in to closed condition claimers from the allowance and optional claiming ranks and I truly feel this race may be written for this horse. Use the 3 My Friend Nev in any exotics, who won the Wildnood 100,000 dollar stakes back on June 19th of last year.

6 Blind River Fox
    2 Brocket Man
    3 My Friend Nev

Race 5: Clm 12,500 N2L
    The 6 Kristina's Mark is incredibly intriguing to me in this field, she'll go at a high price and may not be quite ready yet but keep an eye on this one as Jeff Nook is a sharp trainer and Brancho Augustin may be the one to get it done here. The 5 So To Love is the one that gets top honors in this field, as the closing speed should allow her to sit off the lead early and work her way forward. Use the 7 Second Appeal.

7 Second Appeal
    5 So To Love
    6 Kristina's Mark

Race 6: Leemat Stakes
    The sixth race is the Leemat Stakes for Pa. Bred three years and up. The 2 Sunshine Bo is going to be my top selection in here, this is a horse that is going to need the lead to win, and can get it in this field, but will have to battle with the 5 Pocket Patch to get it, who is well tested in these fields. The 1 Ryan's Gift will battle for the early lead as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if these three three wide dueled for a good part of the race.

2 Shunshine Bo
    5 Pocket Patch
    1 Ryan's Gift

Race 7: Northern Fling Stakes
    THe 75,000 dollar Northern Fling Stakes is the second stakes race on the card for Pa. breds, and my top choice in here will the the 7 Diva's Gold, who was in top form before falling to fourth last time out at Penn. I expect a bounce back here; watching the race live and the replay, she had a troubled trip, and hopefully that will help take some money off her for those that didn't see it and are not thrilled about a fourth at Penn. I also like the 8 Project Rose who has run in a bunch of tough races this year and should get better luck today against Pa. breds. Finally I'll use the 1 Tap Softly.

7 Diva's Gold
    8 Project Rose
    1 Tap Softly

Race 8: Clm 7,500 N3L
    Finally, we close down with another conditioned claimer, and I'm going to go after some prices here.

12 Houbara
    11 Mister Monsieur
    10 Audies Champ.

Best of luck all, and if anyone has any plays or wants to discuss these, please drop them here! Going to check Penn in a few for any spot plays.

AbeFroman

Spot plays from Penn National:
    Race 5, #1 Third Reginment: Ran second last time out, and will be a nice exotic play if you don't want to go across the board on this one.

Race 6, #7 Lil Champ: This one has back to back show finishes, and should finally be ready for top honors. Definition of a horse ready to take a step forward, not backwards. Salvaggion will have this one ready to go.

Race 8, #5 Princess Tapit: This horse will be souped up and ready to go 4 1/2 furlongs, but the odds may be too low to go at. I'll play 10 across the board if I get 3/1 or better. The #6 Sweet Daydreams also runs in this one, and will be ready to go.

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

will box your 4th i like the #1 also, good luck today

AbeFroman

Not thrilled that Frankie Pennington will no longer be riding Golden Diva in the 7th, but I'll leave her on because I love the horse. I'll use the 6 Fugitive Angel now with the 8 being scratched.

AbeFroman

Morning folks,

Pretty good day yesterday, Third Regiment earned top honors at Penn, and all three were in the money. Hope someone tagged along on those two early maiden picks, as they came with some nice prices, and the exacta in race 3 was okay as well.

Off for some picks today:

Race 8 at Calder, the SweetRickyDancer Stakes: I like the 3 Callmethesqueeze in here, as well as the #5 Zefflee, who can set up from the middle of the pack in this field of early speed.
    Bets: W/p/S on #3, Win/Show on #5 Zefflee, 2 dollar exacta box: 3,5,6.

Race 9 at Calder, Azalea Grade III: I like the 1 Devlish Lady in here who will go from a sprint to a route today and I truly feel Sano will have her in top form for this one. The 5 May Day Rose is going to have to be included in any exactas as this one has won two in a row including the Rail Bird Grade 3 at Hollywood Park back in May. Finally I'll use the 6 Just Louise

5,3,6 2 ex box, 5 to W/S, 3 to S

Race 10 at Calder the Grade II Carry Back Stakes. We take a another step up here in what is one hell of a call at Calder. I like the 3 Close it out here if you're looking for a price, and I also like the 1 Smash who is in top form at this point. So I'll use the 1 and the 3.

Race 11 at Calder, the Grade II Smile Sprint Handicap Grade II: I like the 1 Giant Ryan in here who has run four in a row and looks to be ready to jump up for a graded victory. I'm not overlooking the 2 Irrefutable thought, as Baffert will surely have this one ready to go, and I'll use the 3 Apriority as well.

2 exa box: 1,2,3; W/P/S 1; Show on the 3

Race 12 at Calder, the spotlight race, the Grade I Princess Rooney Handicap: I'm going to use the morning line favorite the 5 Sassy Image, as well as the 6 Bella Moneta and the 7 Derwin's Star. Box these up in a two dollar exacta for 12 bucks, or if you want to go for a dollar exacta, add the 2 Stephanie's Got Even.

Wow, what a card at Calder. Fantastic. Hollywood Park also has a great card today, and remember that will be featured on ESPN. Best of luck!

AbeFroman

The 3 is scratched in race 11, so I'll use the 4 Nobel Promise.

zebra58

good job abe & good luck today

bigcat21
    bigcat21's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL. 3 scratched in race 10. Are you going to replace it?

AbeFroman

Ah, good catch. I was just about to head out for the afternoon, glad I stopped in quick.

Yes, with the 3 out in Race 10, let's plug in the 2 Cal Nation, who will run for Todd Pletcher in Graded II company for the second time lifetime and should have a good shot in here albeit she'll get hammered at the tote due to Pletcher. Same goes for the 1 in this race with Baffert. I am going to pass on this race for exotics as it's too short a field for my likings, least with these runners anyway. I get the feeling the 1, 2, and 6 are going to take a lot of money and we'll get a bomb in here, I just don't know whether the 4 or 5 can get it done. Best of luck today!

bigcat21

Are you playing anything today or passing?

AbeFroman

Took the day off today. I was out after I posted yesterday and missed all those winners hope you got a few!

I'll be back at it tomorrow, not sure where yet, though. We'll see. Any suggestions?

marksinger
    marksinger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hello Abe. How about Parx and Delaware Park? Thanks. Mark

AbeFroman

Hi Mark! Unfortunately, I do not have time for both, least I don't think I will, but I will go back to Delaware Park today, and possibly have a few spot plays from Parx. BOL!

AbeFroman

Alrighty, off to Del Park we go:
    Race 1:
    I like the morning line favorite in here a lot, the 5 Tia Chela, as well as the 7 Run Binky Run. The rest of this field is frankly unimpressive to me, but I like the 1 Ally's Tom Cat, who has run strong of late.

5 Tia Chela
    7 Run Binky Run
    1 Ally's Tom Cat

Race 2:
    The 1 Bait and Switch has been scratched, I hate because I loved that horse. I'll use the 6 Communicator. I also like the 7 in here, Not for Money, who gets Russell Sheldon aboard and with a good trip should be clear in this one. I'll use the 8 Slick Talking as well.

7 Not For Money
    8 Slick Talking
    6 Communicator

Race 3:
    I'll throw out the 1A Softly Lit, as well as the 7 Fingal's Music.

Race 4:
    I'll try the 7 Professor Plum and the 7 Soup D'Coupe. Should be huge prices, especially on the latter who has fantastic trainer numbers with first time blinkers, and the dame is 50 percent with first time grass starters winning. The 14 Phil A Buster Boy might be worth a shot as well with first time blinkers.

Race 5:
    I am all over the 1 Grand Gracie in this race, as her moving to a route should allow her to set up for a perfect closing push in this field of speedsters. The 2 Private Sale can improve her in her second start at a route distance, and I'll use the 5 Lisete as well.

1 Grand Gracie
    2 Private Sale
    5 Lisete

Race 6:
    Back to maidens, race one of three. Yuck. I like no one in this field

Race 7:
    Try the 3 Daddyroe in here.

Race 8:
    I'm going to try the 10 Cacaway in here, who will put blinkers back on today to go on the grass. Watch out for this one.

Race 9:
    Say hello to the 1A in this field Twisted Silver who moves down in class today to run with closed conditioned 5,000 dollar claimers. I like this one. I like the 9 Bold Cat in here, and don't be afraid to use the 4 Put It Back Twenty in the exotics.

1A Twisted Silver
    4 Put It Back Twenty
    9 Bold Cat

Race 10:
    I like the 2 Gators Choice in here, who will absolutely vie for the lead in this closed claiming race. I also like the 7 Ken's Cape who sky bombs in here in a pretty impressive way although he will be running for 20,000 dollars more than his purchase price. Finally, use the 5 Bri's Vision, there's something sneaky about this one and I'm thinking some of it's Bowie work outs aren't authentic. Love this race if there aren't any scratches.

2 Gaters Choice
    7 Ken's Cape
    5 Bri's Vision

Race 11:
    My PP's have no speed numbers for some reason, so going at this one blind. I like the 6 Dc West Wing and the 8 Opening Act looks to be a dominant closer in this field.

6 DC West Wing
    8 Opening Act
    5 Aim Hi

AbeFroman

Parx Spot Plays:

Race 3:
    #3 Cloud of Smoke runs for Salvaggio in here, and I love him in this race.

If anyone else has any spot plays, leave 'em!

AbeFroman

Pretty good day yesterday, especially get the spot Parx play to come in.

Going to have to pass today, have a pretty busy day. If anyone has spot plays, drop them in. Otherwise, I'm back at it tomorrow!

AbeFroman

To Delaware Park we go tomorrow, capping this card early and will make any changes needed tomorrow.

Well.. scratch that. Brisnet is down. Going to have to wait until later or tomorrow morning. Yuck.

bigcat21

Hi Abe,

You making any plays today?

zebra58

guess abe is gearing up for the weekend

AbeFroman

Hi guys,

Thanks for stopping by. I am having some issues with my Brisnet account at the moment with getting things to load, and have worked twelve hours every day this week. Been a long week, I'll be ready to go hopefully for the weekend.

bigcat21

Hey Abe you making any plays today? Hope you had a good weekend

AbeFroman

Finally get to be back at it today after some crazy working hours! Gonna mix it up a bit today as well:

Race 1:
    3 Grande with 6,7

Race 2:
    Maiden Skip

Race 3:
    3 Lancaster Guddy with 6,4,2

Race 4: BEST
    1 Bird's ID, 3 Black Tie Only with 1,3,4,8

Race 5:
    Not really a fan of this field, but I like the 3 Sly Diamond Jim to hit the board at a price.

Race 6:
    Maiden Skip

Race 7:
    10 Fairness for All and 9 Victory Cat as well as 7 Stones Throws $1 EXA box.

Race 8:
    7 Zip By You with 1,3,6

Race 9:
    Maiden, Skip

Best of luck today guys!

bigcat21

Good to see you back. Sorry but what track is this?

marksinger
    marksinger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like Parx

bigcat21

Abe, you making any plays today?

AbeFroman

Sorry guys, I'm in Pittsburgh for the weekend. May check out Presque Isle downs, I'm not sure yet. BOL!

AbeFroman

Finally have a chance to get back at the ponies!! Going to Calder today:

Race 1
    IF you remember from the summer, I have an incredible disinterest in maiden races, but I'll throw the 3 Five Star DJ as the top pick here and I'll use the 4 Our Redemption and the 1 Whatsupnotmuch to round it out.

Race 2:
    The 4 Majestic Train will go with blinkers on for the first time today in her second try at this lower level conditioned claimer, and I'll give her my backing today to get it done. I'll also use the 7 Rock Gold in here in her second race back at a sprint distance, and I like the 5 Gorlock to possibly come up late in the exotic plays. I'm NOT impressed by the early favorite who I feel is the morning favorite because Saez is on top.

Race 3:
    Another maiden, try the 1A Alwaysonthegojoe in here, as well as the 5 Golden Archway who has good lineage and JC Leyva on top.

Race 4:
    The 5 Arabella's Turn is my top pick here, although the maiden to allowance jump may be a bit too steep here, she's a horse to keep an eye on. I also like the 9 Obrigeta who will move to a route distance after two straight sprints, and use the 7 Sinister's Brew as well.

Running tight on time, damnit. Going to just post my plays without explanation, but if anyone is curious, feel free to shoot me a PM and I can try and answer on my phone.

Race 5:
    6,2,1A,2B

Race 6:

Race 7:

Race 9:

Race 10:

Best of luck guys!
    Last edited by AbeFroman; 10-21-11 at 11:18 AM.

First 12