Gremlin Lad
    Gremlin Lad's Avatar Become A Pro!

143rd BELMONT STAKES News

SUNDAY MAY 22, 2011

Welcome to 2011 Belmont Stakes & Belmont Betting

The Belmont Stakes takes place every June at Belmont Park in Elmont, New York. It is the final and some suggest most demanding race in the ‘Triple Crown’ after Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes. The Belmont Stakes is a Grade 1 stakes race contested over a 1½ mile dirt track for three year olds. To earn the legendary status afforded to Triple Crown winners a horse must not only deal with what is in most cases the longest distance of their career but the grueling schedule – the Belmont takes place three weeks after the Preakness and five weeks after the Kentucky Derby. Since most high level thoroughbreds usually race every three or four weeks, the scheduling of the Triple Crown races is as big of a challenge as the competitions themselves.

First held in 1866, the Belmont is the oldest of the Triple Crown races by nearly a decade. The race is named for 19th century financier August Belmont, Sr. and was originally run at the Jerome Park Racetrack in the Bronx. The Jerome Park track was built by a Wall Street colleague of Belmont’s, Leonard Jerome. August Belmont died in 1890 and Jerome in 1891 and following their passing the event was moved to the nearby Morris Park Race Course until the opening of Belmont Park. The race has been held annually since then with the exception of 1911 and 1912. Between 1963 and 1967 the race was held at nearby Aqueduct Racetrack due to a major renovation project at Belmont Park.

While the Kentucky Derby is known as ‘the run for the roses’, the Belmont Stakes winner traditionally receives a blanket of carnations though the moniker “the run for the carnations” hasn’t exactly become part of the American lexicon. The race’s catch phrase may not have gained traction with the American public but the Belmont does boast what many consider the greatest performance in the history of thoroughbred racing. In 1973, Secretariat clinched the Triple Crown in the Belmont with a downright dominant performance – “Big Red” set a course record of 2:24 in winning the race by an astounding 31 lengths. One of the most enduring images of Secretariat’s victory is the shot of jockey Ron Turcotte easing up his mount near the finish line as he looks back over his shoulder in amazement that the rest of the field is nearly out of sight.

The 2010 Belmont winner was Drosselmeyer, trained by Bill Mott with jockey Mike Smith aboard. Smith has had a hall of fame career, but this was his first win at the Belmont Stakes and it was the highly respected Mott’s first victory in any Triple Crown event. Drosselmeyer didn’t qualify for the Kentucky Derby – he ran third in his final prep race, the Louisiana Derby but his money winnings at that point weren’t sufficient to gain entry into the crowded field at Churchill Downs. Shut out of the Derby, Drosselmeyer entered the Dwyer Stakes on May 8 and finished in second place some six lengths behind winner Fly Down. Drosselmeyer went off at 13-1 Belmont Stakes betting odds in the Belmont and his victory paid $28.00, $11.60 and $7.70. Second place went to Fly Down at 9-2 ($6.80, $5.10) and third to one of the pre-race favorites, First Dude who closed at 7-2 and paid $4.90 to show. The pre-race favorite was the Nick Zito trained Ice Box.

Interestingly, neither Kentucky Derby winner Super Saver nor Preakness winner Lookin At Lucky ran in the Belmont.

The 2011 Belmont Stakes will take place on Saturday, June 11th, 2011. For those looking to attend the race live, gates open at 8:30 AM. In addition to the highly sought after reserved seating Belmont Park admits thousands of fans via general admission on a first come, first served basis.

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

what would be your projected odds on the best horses entering the belmont? Nehro, Animal Kingdom, Shackleford, and Mucho Macho Man.

Gremlin Lad

Ummm.. do not know what the odds on these 3 yr olds will be in the Belmont......Really do not care.

Have not met a horse yet that can read a tote board.

For me it is all about desire, stanima, and the HEART and Desire to WIN.

"SHACKLEFORD" has those qualities, but even I know 1 1/2 miles is a BIG CHALLENGE.

These 3 year olds this year will be "walking" across the finish line at the end.

Got a feeling some horses from across the Ocean will be coming back for the BELMONT STAKES.

I have followed Mucho Macho Man in the K D and the Preakness, so if he goes in the Belmont, that is who I am roottin' for. This young guy is always trying.....

Gremlin Lad

MONDAY MAY 23, 2011

Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Shackleford returned to Churchill Downs in Kentucky May 22, and trainer Dale Romans said there’s a “better than 50-50 chance” the colt will race in the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I). Shackleford, owned by Mike Lauffer and Bill Cubbedge, finished fourth in the May 7 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) but turned the tables on Derby winner Animal Kingdom by winning the May 21 Preakness.

Romans opted to ship Shackleford to Churchill rather than Belmont Park, but he said that doesn’t mean the Forestry colt won’t compete in the 1 1/2-mile classic. “We sent him back to Kentucky, where he’ll train for a few days,” Romans said May 22 at Pimlico Race Course. “Then we’ll make a decision on the Belmont. It’s ultimately (Mike Lauffer’s) call, but he’ll let me have some input. “I think there’s a better than 50-50 chance. He ate up well this morning.”

Team Valor International’s Animal Kingdom, 20-1 in the Kentucky Derby but the 5-2 choice in the Preakness, again ran a big race, rallying from next-to-last in a field of 14 to fall a half-length short of Shackleford, who never was worse than second through quick early fractions.

Animal Kingdom's connections indicated the Belmont Stakes is on the radar screen. “I think the horse ran huge,” trainer Graham Motion said of Animal Kingdom. “If it wasn’t for the fact that it was the Triple Crown, you’d be thrilled that he ran so well. (The Belmont) definitely will be a possibility as long as he’s OK. I heard (Team Valor president Barry Irwin) mention it, and I think (jockey John Velazquez) feels strongly it would suit him.”

Rbyrne

ok drop the attitude....i asked you to project odds on a few horses and you give some snobby stuck up answer like ummm i dont care...lol and keep following mucho macho man all you want...i can gurantee you he will not win the belmont..he ran a non threating third in the derby and had a horrible run in the preakness...he has also lost a shoe in 2 of his last 3 races..in one of the races he lost his shoe he still finished 3rd so thats not a good excuse to as why he didnt run a good preakness

Gremlin Lad

Starting today, racing fans can enter a drawing for a prize package for two that includes airfare, hotel accommodations, and premium tickets for the June 11 Belmont Stakes at Belmont Park.

http://www.belmontstakes.com/story/2...ontstakes.com/

Gremlin Lad

MONDAY MAY 23, 2011

As of today, at the Belmont Stakes website, they say...

Please check back closer to the Belmont Stakes for more information on this year’s contenders.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Awesome. Can't wait.

Gremlin Lad

TUESDAY MAY 24, 2011

18 Days to the 2011 BELMONT STAKES.

Gremlin Lad

WEDNESDAY MAY 25, 2011

17 Days to the 2011 BELMONT STAKES

Gremlin Lad

WEDNESDAY MAY 25, 2011

Master Of Hounds 'on target' for Belmont

By James Burn 12:28PM 24 MAY 2011

USA: Master Of Hounds, fifth in the Kentucky Derby,

is "on target" for the Belmont Stakes - the third and final leg ofthe US Triple Crown - on June 11.

Trained by Aidan O'Brien, the son of Kingmambo began 2011 by finishing second in the UAE Derby at Meydan and was only five and half lengths behind Animal Kingdom at Churchill Downs this month.

He could again meet Animal Kingdom, who was denied the second leg of the Triple Crown by Shackleford in Saturday's Preakness Stakes.

O'Brien's wife Anne-Marie tweeted on Tuesday: "Master Of Hounds worked well this morning and is on target for the Belmont Stakes on June 11."

The news means it is unlikely he will run in the Investec Derby - for which he is a general 33-1 chance - at Epsom on June 4.

O'Brien will be bidding toemulate fellow Irish trainer Dermot Weld, who famously won the Belmont with the Mick Kinane-ridden Go And Go in 1990.

AlexanderNehro
    AlexanderNehro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

@Rbyrne:
    Nehro and Animal Kingdom will probably be the top two favorites, immediately followed by Shack.
    I believe it will look close to this, but could be ass wrong depending on how AK,Shack, and MMM work between now and then. I would be very surprised given the talent in this last leg of the triple crown if there was a horse at 3-1 odds based on the current projected field.
    Nehro: 4-1, Off a much deserved rest from KY derby, 2nd in last three starts, ready to roll.
    AK: 9-2, Closed well again in Preakness, all signs that he will be there at the end.
    Shack: 8-1, will be bet down because of Preakness win but not favorite due to distance.
    MMM: 12-1, possible it could go off @ 15-1 or higher based on Preakness performance
    Last edited by AlexanderNehro; 05-25-11 at 09:00 AM.

BGboothA

I would love to see Nehro go off at 4-1 or better. AK 9-2 I think is about right, it doesn't matter to me what Shack is he won't be there at the end.

I would absolutely love to see MMM go off over 10-1, but I don't think he will...probably more like 8-1 or so.

Gremlin Lad

Animal Kingdom tired from hard-run Preakness but probable for Belmont Stakes.....

David Grening, Daily Racing Form
    Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2011

Kentucky Derby winner Animal Kingdom came from far back to miss by a half-length to Shackleford in the Preakness.
    Kentucky Derby winner Animal Kingdom came out of his second-place finish in Saturday's Preakness at Pimlico tired, but otherwise in good shape and will be under strong consideration to run back in the Belmont Stakes on June 11, trainer Graham Motion said Sunday.

Animal Kingdom, under John Velazquez, rallied from 13th position in the 14-horse field to finish within one-half length of Shackleford at the finish of the Preakness, thus ending his chances at a Triple Crown opportunity in the Belmont.

"He didn't eat up completely, but he almost did," Motion said from the Fair Hill Training Center in northeast Maryland. "Physically, he seems really well, a little bit drawn which I'm not surprised because I thought he had a hard race. He had a tough race, he really had to run."

Motion said that if Animal Kingdom is able to bounce back in a week's time, he would like to run him back in the Belmont Stakes, setting up a potential rematch with Shackleford as well as Kentucky Derby runner-up Nehro.

"I talked to Barry about it and I think it's something we'd really like to do," said Motion, referring to Barry Irwin head of the Team Valor International syndicate that owns Animal Kingdom. "We'll give the horse a week and see how he bounces out of it."

Gremlin Lad

Shackleford VS Animal Kingdom in The Belmont

Tom Battaglia,
    Tue, May 24, 2011 9:28 pm

While the upset victory by Shackleford in the 136th Preakness Stakes on Saturday at Pimlico denied Kentucky Derby winner Animal Kingdom a chance to shoot for the Triple Crown, there is a good chance that the final leg of the Triple Crown, the June 11 Belmont Stakes at Belmont Park, will feature a showdown between the Derby and Preakness winners, a matchup that has not taken place in the Belmont since 2005.

As of Monday, the connections of both Shackleford and Animal Kingdom said their intentions were to run in the Belmont, which at 1 1/2 miles is the longest of the Triple Crown races. Shackleford was fourth in the Derby before his victory in the Preakness. Animal Kingdom finished second in the Preakness after winning the Derby. Should either win the Belmont, they would become the early divisional leader for champion 3-year-old male.

There has not been a Belmont Stakes with a Triple Crown on the line since Big Brown in 2008. The last time the winners of the Derby and Preakness met in the Belmont was 2005, when Giacomo won the Derby, and Afleet Alex the Preakness. Afleet Alex won the Belmont, and that helped propel him to the Eclipse Award.

“The next best thing to a horse going for the Triple Crown would be to have those two horses meet again,” Graham Motion, trainer of Animal Kingdom, said of the budding rivalry with Shackleford. “It would be a cool thing for everybody. I think they're two very good horses.”

Both Shackleford and Animal Kingdom returned to neutral corners following the Preakness bout. Dale Romans, trainer of Shackleford, on Saturday night contemplated sending Shackleford straight to Belmont Park, where he has a division this spring, but he re-considered by Sunday morning and instead had Shackleford flown back to Kentucky, where Romans is based at Churchill Downs.

Gremlin Lad

Belmont Stakes (GI)
    $1,000,000, 3-year-olds, 1-1/2 Mile Dirt – Post Time Approximately 6:32 p.m.

2011 BELMONT STAKES DAY POST TIMES & WAGERING MENU

Superfecta wagering on all races that qualify.
    Minimum seven betting interests carded, seven to start (six if late scratch occurs from paddock to post). No entries or fields.

** $1 Million Guaranteed Pick 6 begins on Race 6.
    * $1 Million Guaranteed Pick 4 begins on Race 8.

Gremlin Lad

http://www.belmontstakes.com/UserFil...ender_PPs2.pdf

To see past performances of some potential Belmont Stakes contenders, click on the above link.

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

Nehro being a closer and with the rest time is definitely do for sure.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

ill take a shack/AK/MMM exacta box please.

Rbyrne

19 horses are up for consideration to be in the belmont so expect a large field this year similar to the derby and preakness. I'm liking how the field is shaping up...just do a trifecta box and box in the top 5 horses. Animal Kingdom, Nehro, Shackleford, Mucho Macho Man, and Master of Hounds.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I'd be somewhat surprised if Shack and Animal Kingdom ran in the Belmont and if they do I'd toss them.

Rbyrne

at Mikemca....LOL i can understand tossing Shack out because of the distance but even last years pace setter finished 3rd. But tossing Animal Kingdom out?? hahah arre u fukknn crazyy lol this race sets up perfect for his style lol ur an idiot

mikemca
    Update Status

nah an idiot would think horses are machines and run the same race every time

mikemca
    Update Status

Anumal kingdum dun clozed reelly fazt like tree timez in a ro so he gunna win no matter wat at longer diztanzes.Iz I smart now?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Anumal kingdum dun clozed reelly fazt like tree timez in a ro so he gunna win no matter wat at longer diztanzes.Iz I smart now?

You know what Mike. You might be right about Graham Motion's horse. Yes he is bred to run all day and yes to all the other stuff but it must be KILLING Graham to have to run back in 2 weeks and again in 3 weeks. That is so not his style.
    That is completely against everything he stands for and is not the way he was taught coming up. You can bet that if he does run , he won't be comfortable with it.

mikemca
    Update Status

I think if it were up to Motion he wouldn't be running.Motion is already basically trying to tell Irwin that they shouldn't run by saying "he is a tired horse",the preakness took a lot out of him","he isn't emptying his feed" and so on.I'm sure Motion will put on the all is good front up if Team Valor decide they want him to run but I think it is almost certain you won't see AK's best effort.

But the race sets up perfect for him so none of that matters.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I think if it were up to Motion he wouldn't be running.Motion is already basically trying to tell Irwin that they shouldn't run by saying "he is a tired horse",the preakness took a lot out of him","he isn't emptying his feed" and so on.I'm sure Motion will put on the all is good front up if Team Valor decide they want him to run but I think it is almost certain you won't see AK's best effort.

But the race sets up perfect for him so none of that matters.
    I agree.

Rbyrne

dude u said u were throwing AK out of the race...yea just throw him out of your trifecta and superfecta too bro lmfao smdh

Rbyrne

and his trainer is saying he is tried and what not....well of course he is he runs hard and is one of the best horses this year...the belmont is more than 2 weeks away and im sure he will get plenty of rest. Will the well rested Nehro win or the tired Animal Kingdom? we will find out if that extra rest really helped nehro or not

BGboothA

Rested Negro > animal kingdom. Mucho mucho man > animal kingdom in the belmont

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bloodhorse:

25 May 2011 8:56 PM

The next time a trainer mentions his or her concerns about running back in two weeks after the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), can we pay no attention to it? It is now 25 of the last 28 Preakness (gr. I) winners that ran in the Derby, and one of the ones who didn’t was Rachel Alexandra, who ran two weeks earlier in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I). Despite the fantastic performance turned by Bernardini in the Preakness, let’s remember, the Derby winner, Barbaro, only ran an eighth of a mile before suffering an injury. The only other new shooter to win the Preakness was Red Bullet in the mud.

This year, horses coming out of the Derby (five of them) finished first, second, and fourth, and another horse finished sixth after losing a shoe and getting cut up in the race.

Is it possible that today’s Thoroughbreds are more resilient than most trainers think? The belief here is that horses get on a roll, or an adrenaline high, which is why the majority of Derby–Preakness winners run more impressively in the Preakness. If the Derby takes such a toll on a horse how come Funny Cide and Smarty Jones were able to come back in two weeks and win the Preakness by nine and 11 lengths, respectively? How could Afleet Alex have come back in two weeks after a hard race in the Derby to run one of the most amazing races in Triple Crown history? Where was Big Brown’s regression in the Preakness after his stunning Derby victory in only his fourth career start? After his gut-wrenching stretch battle in the Derby, how could Silver Charm have come back in two weeks and score another gut-wrenching victory? Why were Real Quiet and Charismatic able to come back in two weeks and improve off their Derby victories?

And we’re just talking about the so-called “fragile” horses of recent years. Did finishing 16th in the Derby prevent Louis Quatorze from equaling the stakes record in the Preakness? Did finishing 10th in the Derby as the favorite prevent Hansel from winning the Preakness by seven lengths?

Isn’t it time for trainers to stop worrying about coming back in two weeks, especially when they run their horses in the Derby off five- and six-week layoffs? In the 1940s and ‘50s, of the 20 Kentucky Derby winners, 12 of them ran four days before the Derby, and many of them worked a half-mile in between. The Blue Grass was nine days before the Derby and the Wood Memorial and Arkansas Derby were two weeks before the Derby.

We’re not criticizing trainers for voicing their concerns about coming back in two weeks. That is the conservative thinking that is ingrained in many of today’s trainers.

The bottom line is five trainers this year did indeed come back in two weeks, concerns or no concerns, with mainly successful results, and however reluctant they were to do it, they at least did and deserve credit for that. All we’re saying is that perhaps it is not as excruciating a task as one might think, as long as the horse comes out of the Derby in good shape. After all, the horses keep proving year after year they are more than up to it. And if they do get past the Preakness, then trainers can start concerning themselves with keeping them going in the Belmont. That will take more skill and horsemanship than getting them ready for the Preakness.

Pace perception

Sometimes there is more to pace than just the bare numbers. One of the main topics of conversation since the Derby was how slow the pace was, and how Shackleford set the slowest three-quarter fraction (1:13.40) since 1947. There is no disputing that time, as that is what the teletimer read.

But there are times when your eyes and brain contradict what the teletimer says. It has been widely acknowledged by several trainers that the Churchill Downs surface on Derby Day was very deep and cuppy as it dried out following more than a week of rain. They felt the surface, while obviously safer, wasn’t as tight as it used to be when we had several years of blistering fractions. Those were the days when they had deep and often-times cuppy surfaces in the days and weeks leading up to the Derby and then a rock-hard surface on Derby Day.

The point we’re trying to make is that from a visual standpoint, it did not look as if they were going in 1:13.40. Going that slow you would expect the majority of the field to be pretty well bunched up. Instead, the field was strung out nearly 20 lengths, hardly an indication of an extremely slow pace. That would mean the favorite, Dialed In, ran his three-quarters in almost 1:17. This is a horse whose average three-quarter split going into the Derby was 1:12.20. Did Dialed In really run 24 lengths slower than he’d ever run before, legitimately?

It’s true that the field as a whole came home very fast, but we still have our doubts that pace-setting Shackleford and his closest pursuers were merely loping along and not expending any energy. If they were, then the Derby was the oddest looking slow-pace scenario we can recall seeing. In short, the eyes contradicted the tote board.

As for the Preakness, the slow second and third fractions following a rapid opening quarter was said to be the main contributing factor to Animal Kingdom’s and Dialed In’s defeat. Although they went in :22.69, :46.87 and 1:12.01, let’s not forget that in the 1 1/16-mile William Donald Schaeffer Stakes (gr. III), solid older stakes horses like the pace-setting Colizeo went in :24.38, :48.83, and 1:13:19, and Colizeo was caught in the stretch by Apart. The bottom line here is, the three-quarter split, as slow as it may have been following such a fast opening quarter, still was a full second faster than older horses went going an eighth of a mile shorter.

Crop dusting

OK, so this is a mediocre crop of 3-year-olds, one of the slowest ever. What else is new? We hear that almost every year. One of those years we heard it was in 1987 after a stumbling Alysheba picked himself up and still ran down a weaving Bet Twice to win the Kentucky Derby in a sluggish 2:03 2/5, the slowest Derby in 13 years. Alysheba’s jockey, Chris McCarron, in defending his colt, put it best when he said, “He’s still just a kid.” When Alysheba breezed a half in :50 3/5 before the Preakness, the media all but threw him out for working so slowly. Now, most horses don’t even work between the Derby and Preakness.

Fast forward to the fall of 1987 and just about everyone is proclaiming that very same crop one of the greatest ever, with the likes of Alysheba, Bet Twice, Gulch, Java Gold, Lost Code, Gone West, Cryptoclearance, Afleet, and Polish Navy.

As a point of interest this year, we’re all aware that Animal Kingdom came home the second-fastest final quarter and half-mile in the history of the Derby, second only to Secretariat. Well, for good measure, he came his final three-sixteenths in the Preakness in about :18 3/5, again one of the fastest in the history of the race. And Shackleford’s :19 1/5 was one of the fastest closing fractions by a horse on the pace.

How about if we wait for these kids to grow up before putting the stamp of disapproval on them?

Our condolences to Shackleford’s co-owner and co-breeder Mike Lauffer who celebrated his colt’s Preakness victory on Saturday knowing he’d be attending the funeral of his future son-in-law on Monday. His daughter’s fiancé had died unexpectedly in his sleep several days earlier at the age of 25.

It looks as if five horses from the Derby who skipped the Preakness will come back in the Belmont Stakes, where they will square off with the three hearty souls – Animal Kingdom, Shackleford, and Mucho Macho Man -- who dared to compete in all three races. They are Nehro (second), Master of Hounds (fifth), Santiva (sixth), Brilliant Speed (seventh), and Stay Thirsty (12th). Look for Nehro and Master of Hounds to take heavy action at the windows.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    dude u said u were throwing AK out of the race...yea just throw him out of your trifecta and superfecta too bro lmfao smdh

When you can toss 2 of the likely betting favorites from the WIN slot it sets up a great wagering opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    and his trainer is saying he is tried and what not....well of course he is he runs hard and is one of the best horses this year...the belmont is more than 2 weeks away and im sure he will get plenty of rest. Will the well rested Nehro win or the tired Animal Kingdom? we will find out if that extra rest really helped nehro or not

I apologize as I shouldn't have stooped to your level.I will try to explain instead.Each time a horse runs it takes a little out of them.Most of the top trainers give a horse a little more than 30 days to get back to normal.Graham Motion , the trainer of Animal Kingdom, is one of them.Animal Kingdom ran the longest race and best effort of his life in the Derby.His trainer was forced to run him back in two weeks due to the whole triple crown thing.Where he ran another huge effort.How he does in the Belmont has nothing to do with how good of a horse he is and everything to do with not having enough time to fully recover from 2 taxing efforts.His trainer also knows that he is playing with fire because there is a chance that another taxing effort in the Belmont can zap the horse for a very long time and a slim chance the horse will never be the same again.

Your problem is mostly ignorance so I will try to explain further.Like I said earlier each race has an effect on the horse.They don't simply run the same race every time.It is called the Form Cycle.A horse will run a good effort then a better effort then a peak effort followed by a regression.After which it will take a couple races to get back to a peak effort.When a horse runs the best effort of its life there is better chance that a regression will follow.This is after allowing the horse to have the right amount of space in between its starts.
    Last edited by mikemca; 05-27-11 at 07:06 AM.

Gremlin Lad

Friday may 27, 2011

have a safe and relaxing memorial day weekend. Remember what this day was established for...........

15 days to post of the belmont stakes

Gremlin Lad

FRIDAY MAY 27, 2011

SO WHAT CAN WE EXPECT ?
    Posted By Teresa Genaro, freelance writer on New York Racing
    http://www.belmontstakes.com/blog/te...can-we-expect/
    Last edited by Gremlin Lad; 05-27-11 at 07:40 AM.

Gremlin Lad

FRIDAY MAY 27, 2011

FOUND ON BRISNET HANDICAPPER EDGE.

Garrett Gomez has the return call aboard MASTER OF HOUNDS (Kingmambo) for Aidan O'Brien in the June 11 Belmont S. (G1). The Irish-based colt finished a solid fifth in the Kentucky Derby (G1)...

FIRST TO SAY THEY WILL RACE ...UP TO THIRTEEN MORE SPOTS TO FILL..
    LOT OF TRAINERS AND OWNERS ARE A THINKING, BUT NOT COMMITTED YET.
    Last edited by Gremlin Lad; 05-27-11 at 08:19 AM.

123 Last