Gremlin Lad
    Gremlin Lad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wednesday June 8 2011

Okay...I have not posted my picks for some time now....but going out on a limb here,

Going to do a seven horse exacta box.....#1 (Master of Hounds), #5 (Brilliant Speed), #6 (Nehro), #9 (Animal Kingdom), #10 (Mucho Macho Man), #12 (Shackleford), and #4 (Santiva).

The first six numbers were randomly selected to be played in this year's Kentucky Derby along with a random seventh number...However, did not follow thru with it.

I like the horses in their Post Positions for the Belmont Stakes ....SO going to give it a shot.

For each single unit invested the ticket will cost 42 units. ....
    IE: 7 X (7-1=6) X one unit = 42 units.

Then just for the heck of it I am going to do 2 exacta box tickets.. Both tickets will be using the horse's name first letter to spell MAN. Sorry ladies.

Exacta Box 1, 6, 9 and exacta box 6, 9, 10 ( these will be @ one unit each for a cost of 6 units each)

Good Luck in your plays at THE BELMONT STAKES !

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

7 horse exacta box?? Anything with Animal Kingdom or Nehro is going to lose money. You need an $84 dollar exacta to break even.

GGRIF82
    GGRIF82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I HAVE BEEN ON MASTER OF HOUNDS FROM THE START
    SHAC
    ANIMAL KING

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

This guy at work bet me $50 that Animal Kingdom wouldnt win, place, or show. lol i took that bet right away...he didnt even watch the derby or preakness so this guy clearly doesnt know how good of a horse he is. hes not gonna be like last years fav ice box who sucks and didnt run well

Rbyrne

im also going to put an additional 200 on animal kingdom to win and a 5 horse trifecta box with AK, Shack, Nehro, MMM, and Master of Hounds

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

wher are the pp's didn't they pick yet???

Gremlin Lad

Brooklyn/Belmont Double Will Pays

Story by: NYRA Press Office
    Source: NYRA.com

The following are the $2 Brooklyn/Belmont Daily Double payouts for Brooklyn Handicap winner Birdrun (No. 4) with:

No. 1 – Master of Hounds, $34.60
    No. 2 – Stay Thirsty, $237
    No. 3 – Ruler On Ice, $434
    No. 4 – Santiva, $81
    No. 5 – Brilliant Speed, $71.50
    No. 6 – Nehro, $48.80
    No. 7 – Monzon, $593
    No. 8 – Prime Cut, $281
    No. 9 – Animal Kingdom, $34.20
    No. 10 – Mucho Macho Man, $93.50
    No. 11 – Isn’t He Perfect, $671
    No. 12 – Shackleford, $75

Interesting..... bettors have Santiva, Brillant Speed, and Shackleford in the same ballpark.........Master of Hounds, ( I like Beagle Hounds), Nehro, and Animal KJingdom in the same ballpark. Hmmmm.

Gremlin Lad

Saturday Night JUNE 11, 2011

THE BELMONT STAKES results........RULER ON ICE beats the expensive boys.
    http://www.equibase.com/yearbook/Cha...11&de=D&cy=USA

Gremlin Lad

John V did a hellofa job staying on Animal Kingdom ....... however, I am afraid that this race will knock Animal Kingdom out of racing until the Fall stakes races or perhaps the rest of the year.......took way to much out of Animal Kingdom to catch up to the leader, which he never did.

Shackleford took them as far as he could but there was another 1/4 mile to the finish line.

Mucho Macho Man never fired AGAIN.

Stay Thirsty SHOWED that he did have the distance in his pedigree....but was racing on the heaviest part of the track ...up the rail to finish second.

Congrats to the Winner and winning connections of Ruler on Ice.

Gremlin Lad

MONDAY JUNE 13 2011

Mucho Macho Man "didnot fire" because of an incident at the start of the race....see what jockey John Velazquez has to say about the start....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...ts/more_sports

Head on shot of Animal Kingdom's troubled start....

Animal Kingdom lost all chance when he clipped heels and nearly fell at the start of the Belmont (Melissa Wirth/Horsephotos.com)
    Last edited by Gremlin Lad; 06-13-11 at 08:14 AM.
    Points Awarded:

BBROBOZO gave Gremlin Lad 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

If a jock tries to take another horse out leaving the gate it will show up on the head on replay for sure. That is not something that is at all common place. I would be quite surprised. We will see.

Gremlin Lad

MONDAY JUNE 13 2011

Some more articles on the horrible trip in the Belmont Stakes for Favorite Animal Kingdom....

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...at-1420508.php

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,4272293.story
    Last edited by Gremlin Lad; 06-13-11 at 08:40 PM.

Gremlin Lad

TUESDAY JUNE 14, 2011

Will be interesting to see IF Animal Kingdom does race at Saratoga in August......

Gremlin Lad

THURSDAY JUNE 16 2011

Maragh Suspended 10 Days for Belmont Ride

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...r-belmont-ride

Rbyrne

Animal Kingdom, Shackleford, and Ruler on Ice will all meet again at Ruler on Ice's home track at Monmouth Park on July 31st for the Grade 1 Haskell. This race will be awesome because you have the 3 triple crown race winners going again. Im my opinion Animal Kingdom would have easily finished in the money at Belmont if he doesnt get pushed and clip heels. It will be interesting to see the rest of the field but so far these 3 horses are def being pointed to this race which is great news. In other news 2 horses that I keep on eye on First Dude and Game On Dude will both face defending champ Awesome Gem in the Hollywood Gold Cup July 9th. and btw im so happy that bum Maragh got suspended

Rbyrne

Shackleford and Ruler on Ice are pretty much definate for the haskell....animal kingdom may or may not be injured after the BS that happened to him in the Belmont..the haskell is about the same distance as the preakness so that will help shackleford. I hope everything is ok with animal kingdom so we can see a very rare event happen with all 3 triple crown winners face off in the haskell. i think the last time that happened was 1982 but im not 100 percent sure.

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

that sounds like a pretty good take.thanks for the info.

BBROBOZO
    BBROBOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

GremblinLad

Great photo gremblin .... here's another two points for all that you do .
    Hope you are well and doing good in the fantasy contest .
    GOOD LUCK , GREMBLIN .

First 123