Dharmonize
    Aces!
    Dharmonize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9427

NHL Daily Dogs "open" thread (free & in-game discussion)

Do you play any NHL dog? Come here anytime and share your reasons and insight with others! Please, just be friendly and focus on underdogs. Thanx, GL all!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

So, Carolina is down 5-0. I guess it´s time to count this one as a loss

jonnyboy21
    jonnyboy21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1455

Isles get to one goal behind then concede 3....what on earth was capuano thinking scratching a healthy di pietro! :/

dvw5bf
    dvw5bf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Would be a crazy come back... any thoughts on the SJS as a dog in the 4pm game? Yotes with a few injuries and the sharks attempting to get back to some kind of form.

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Quote Originally Posted by dvw5bf View Post
    Would be a crazy come back... any thoughts on the SJS as a dog in the 4pm game? Yotes with a few injuries and the sharks attempting to get back to some kind of form.
    I´m glad you brought this up. I plan on taking the Sharks without a doubt, just still deciding for how much. They should win two in a row after snapping their 6 game losing streak.

jonnyboy21

I like the yotes in that one. I would want better odds on the sharks if i was to take them as a dog, cos they are inconsistent this season.. One win doesnt mean theyre out of their poor form yet, imo

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Holy cow, the lines are changing like crazy today. I haven´t even noticed the Sharks weren´t + money till now. Still, despite their inconsistency, they are the better team and should dominate the Yotes. Though I must give Yotes some credit this season.

Dharmonize
    Aces!

The Canes didn´t come to play today. I start the day - 1 unit .

Axis
    3minutedrill.com
    Axis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

Horrible start to the day for the dogs...

Pavv4
    Pavv4's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like that you open this thread! I think away teams will roll today with the execpt of Boston and the Habs.

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Horrible indeed. But that makes better chances for the other ones, at least from the law of probability view It might be a trap, but I´m gonna hit the Sharks, 1.5 unit, GL! They are not + money, but can still be taken as a dog in that matchup.

jonnyboy21

Quote Originally Posted by Dharmonize View Post
    Horrible indeed. But that makes better chances for the other ones, at least from the law of probability view It might be a trap, but I´m gonna hit the Sharks, 1.5 unit, GL! They are not + money, but can still be taken as a dog in that matchup.
    Not sure if you are joking but you should consider each game independently imo...the other dogs are no more likely to win just because carolina lost..

BOL. My personal plays are in my thread if anyone is interested (9-2-1 since start of the weekend)

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Quote Originally Posted by Pavv4 View Post
    I like that you open this thread! I think away teams will roll today with the execpt of Boston and the Habs.
    Welcome! Yes, I too like the away teams today, but gotta be careful, cause this might be exactly the kind of day when the home teams feel some special urge to show up. We shall see later if the Sharkies come through and what next.

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy21 View Post
    Not sure if you are joking but you should consider each game independently imo...the other dogs are no more likely to win just because carolina lost..
    Half joking. This is a simplification, of course. On the other hand, you do believe that every day at least some dogs should hit, right? So if you have like 6 games on board today and the first 2 already lost, then it is even more likely that some of the next 4 will win, isn´t it? I don´t make this a basis for some system or anything, just saying considering the fact that I originaly liked all the doggies tonight.

jonnyboy21

Yeah I see what you mean now.

I agree that i would expect atleast one dog every day to hit, not necessarily more, 'cos as we've seen in the past sometimes the faves can clean sweep on a given day. But yeah, usually one dog atleast per day, though id be interested to see the stats on how often all the faves win on a given day.

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Jonnyboy, as I´ve had a chance to observe you during the past couple of days, something tells me you´re exactly the right guy to give us those stats about favs sweeping So I´ll drop to your thread once in a while to see how you´ve been doing with favs and how they treat you. I am very interested, as I´ve concentrated on dogs from my very first day in sports betting, (with the only occasional exception of parlaying 2 - not more - MLB favs) and thus have no numbers or experience with long term fav betting.

jonnyboy21

Haha ...don't get me wrong though, i don't just pick faves, i take dogs but i pick them carefully and only when there is genuine value (in my opinion). I had the Isles the other night at +money at home against the Sabres as an example.

So I don't really prioritise either, i simply pick the team(s) that I think will win and if I perceive them to be good value. Some of the time, that will of course mean I bet on a dog, but I don't isolate either favourites/dogs entirely, I mix as necessary.

Dharmonize
    Aces!

I understand. You can find value everywhere. It´s just that I used to start with really small bankroll. So I had to take dogs as I didn´t want to use any aggresive, risky form of money managament. I´m not so sharp to go this way, y´know

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Don´t wanna jinx it, but the Sharks lookin´good so far.

RbN
    RbN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

shhhh

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Quote Originally Posted by RbN View Post
    shhhh

dvw5bf

Sharks come thru with the empty netter!

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

How bout the kings tonight @ +115? Any chance?

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Alright, Sharks got it done!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    How bout the kings tonight @ +115? Any chance?
    In my opinion, any dog left tonight has got a chance. And out of the three, I like the Kings the best.

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Don´t trust Calgary enough to pull the trigger. Like Atlanta, but am gonna pass too.

dvw5bf

i like the kings at plus money at almost any time and got the thrashers early this morning but not a huge fan of the line movement... although, same thing happened for jersey

Dharmonize
    Aces!

I am afraid the Kings are not + money anymore... if it´s the same case as the Devils, it tells a lot.

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Sorry, they are still + 100 at Pinny...

Dharmonize
    Aces!

at + 104, Kings are a 1 unit play. GL!

Axis
    3minutedrill.com

Well, depending where you got it...I'm on Dallas as a PK...LA is starting their backup for the first time all season back to back games...hopin' Dallas will light him up.

At least one of use will win this won Dharm haha

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Hey, Axis, one might wonder who is a real dog, then . Don´t know where you´ve got Dallas pk, but we could make a good "sure bet" team this way

Axis
    3minutedrill.com

Well, in hockey...when I say pk I mean -110 or -105

Either way...I might need to put the NHL on the back burner for a minute until my system picks back up or until I have enough time to follow the league...I'd be more upset, but my NCAABB has been doing well so playing the NHL hasn't hurt me. But over the past 2 weeks I'm only up the 3 units so...might wait till it starts heating up again.

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post
    Yeah, sure, forgot about the juice... been livebetting NBA, so I´m not focused...

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post

Either way...I might need to put the NHL on the back burner for a minute until my system picks back up or until I have enough time to follow the league...I'd be more upset, but my NCAABB has been doing well so playing the NHL hasn't hurt me. But over the past 2 weeks I'm only up the 3 units so...might wait till it starts heating up again.
    I think you´re playing it as it should be played. And you´re up, not down. The nature of dogs is like that. They start hitting when you stop betting. Therefore sustain!

1234 ... Last