vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Correction: scratch out what I said about Ryan Miller in the above post. Regardless, I think this is a good price to catch the Capitals at.

vassman86

There are several other plays that I like, but when it comes to betting, sometimes less is more. Too many plays in one night and you're more likely to revert to the norm. I'll be at the Leafs game tonight! Upper bowl seats, but it should be a good game to watch: two canadian teams on a Saturday night. Enjoy the NHL tonight guys.

vassman86

Summary for November 13th, 2010:

2-1 +$212

vassman86

Well, at least the Leafs didn't get shutout tonight. Bittersweet to see them lose again, but let's be honest: those that saw it coming, saw it coming. On to tomorrow.

LAST FOUR DAYS: 7-3 +$1142

vassman86

No desirable plays today... but I'm eyeballing Anaheim. No one should be such a big ML dog against a struggling Chicago team right now. I might just have to make a play on that game.

vassman86

Plays for Sunday November 14th, 2010:

Tampa Bay Lightning -0.5 RT +105: Risking $100 to win $105
    Though the Lightning have not faired well against the West this year, neither have the Minnesota Wild. With home ice advantage, the Lightning have 4-1-1 against the opposition this season. The Lightning have been through a rough stretch, all against quality opponents. Again, I've mentioned before that the Wild are an excellent team, but only when they play in the Xcel Energy Center; otherwise, they're a mediocre team. Despite losing 6 of their last 7 games, there's a good reason why the Lightning are still considered a -160 ML favourite.

Washington Capitals -0.5 RT -140: Risking $140 to win $100
    First and foremost, the Capitals are the superior team here. They've dominated the Thrashers over the last 10 meetings, going 9-1-0 during that span. The Capitals on home ice were one of the most trustworthy bets of mine last season. I don't think the Thrashers will go down without a fight, but there's only so much they can do against a team with so much offensive potential.

BallerBoy
    BallerBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 934

I think Wilds are the play, sharps on them

vassman86

Quote Originally Posted by BallerBoy View Post
    I think Wilds are the play, sharps on them
    Yes indeed they were. Congrats if you made a play on them.

vassman86

Summary for November 14th, 2010:

1-1 EVEN

vassman86

LAST FIVE DAYS: 8-4 +$1142

That's a good week in my book, and it all starts again tomorrow.

Postman78
    Postman78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

so whats your ytd record vass?

BallerBoy

^^ its in his signature

vassman86

Quote Originally Posted by Postman78 View Post
    so whats your ytd record vass?
    ^^ its in his signature

vassman86

Nothing official yet, I may have one or two plays for tonight. Might be making a play on the Penguins, Canucks, and/or Los Angeles.

vassman86

No play on the Vancouver game. Schneider is starting for the Canucks against Ryan Miller. I was about to make a play on the Canucks, but Miller's been quite dominant against the West over the last two seasons. Believe me, I'm very tempted to take Vancouver tonight, especially at that low of a price, but I'll stay away.

I should point out though: the Sabres have won three of their last four games. However, their last three games (WAS, NYR, and NJD) have all come against back-up goaltenders.

vassman86

On a side note, today I'm very thankful to be alive. If you follow the news, there was an "explosion" in Playa del Carmen, Mexico at the Grand Riviera Princess. Just so happens that I was staying there at the Platinum lounge with several friends a couple months ago. Kind of eerie.

BallerBoy

^^ Enjoy your life

vassman86

Plays for November 15th, 2010:

Ottawa Senators +155: Risking $100 to win $155
    Going against the grain on this one. The Flyers have undoubtedly been the hottest team in the league over the last couple of weeks. Boasting an 8-1-1 record, the Flyers have crippled their opponents lately. But, historically, the Senators have faired well against them. Head-to-head, the Sens have come out victorious in seven of the last ten meetings.

Over the last two seasons, Brian Elliott has started against the Flyers four times. He's won all four games while allowing three goals during that stretch. Not to mention, he logged two shut out wins in those starts.

When it comes to offensive talent, the edge definitely goes to Philadelphia. But, I'll take those +odds and let the Senators do their thing tonight.

vassman86

Added play for November 15th, 2010:

Pittsburgh Penguins -0.5 RT -102: Risking $102 to win $100
    Going with the grain on this one. The Penguins have owned the Rangers over their last ten meetings as they've gone 8-1-1 during that span. Marc Andre Fleury has been struggling early in the season, but he's won his last two starts and that might be all he needs in order to get back into his groove. Although the Pens haven't been nearly as dominant as they were last season, in general, when one team has a proven track record against the other, you can expect that to continue.

Further, during their last 11 games in Pittsburgh, the Rangers have only managed to win one game while on the road.

vassman86

Added play for November 15th, 2010:

Colorado Avalanche -110: Risking $220 to win $200
    Hmmm, when the day started, I didn't think I'd be making this many plays with tonight's board. But, shit happens sometimes. So, we've all heard about St. Louis' defensive woes as of late. Just a week ago, they were one of the most defensively solid teams in the league as they allowed 18 goals over their first 12 games. Suddenly, they imploded and allowed 14 goals in the next three games. Not that it makes that big of a difference to me, but I'm taking Colorado tonight for several reasons:
    1) they swept the Blues four games to none last season,
    2) I think Perron and Oshie's absense from the line-up makes the Blues that less potent up-front,
    3) the Blues will be playing their fourth game in six nights.

Best of luck tonight everyone.

Postman78
    Postman78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

^^ its in his signature
    Figures I'm on my iPhone and none of that stuff shows up on this stupid thing

These geniuses can create a cell phone that doubles as a touch screen computer but can't make everything on the screen show up hmmm

vassman86

Quote Originally Posted by Postman78 View Post

Figures I'm on my iPhone and none of that stuff shows up on this stupid thing

These geniuses can create a cell phone that doubles as a touch screen computer but can't make everything on the screen show up hmmm

Hahahahaha! Yea, I have the same issue with my Blackberry; can't see signatures. GL tonight.

BallerBoy

I got Avalanche ML (2x) and Sharks ML (1x)

Good luck tonight Vassman86!

vassman86

Man, watching the Senators play was just awful. They were totally outmatched by the Flyers. It was like watching a great white shark circling a surfer. You know something terrible is about to happen.

vassman86

Man, right when you think Pittsburgh pulls a rabbit out of a hat for us...down 1-0 the entire game, they manage to take a 2-1 lead, AND get rewarded a powerplay with less than 2:00 left in the game. You'd think that they'd tighten up on defense and secure the win. They should've known the Rangers would go for the short-handed goal. But rather than play conservatively and eliminate any rushes, they somehow let the Rangers score short-handed with what was essentially a 2 on 4 rush. Unreal.

vassman86

Good riddens. Glad the Penguins got what they deserved.

vassman86

Summary for November 15th, 2010:

1-2 -$2

vassman86

Before I slept last night, I was almost certain that I'd go big on the Predators tonight. In general, it'd follow my "West beats the East" rule, and "Fade the bad teams" rule. But for some reason, I couldn't come to grips with betting on Nashville. So alas: I have developed a strategy. Over the next four Leafs games, I will double-up by betting on/against them.

The Toronto Four-Game Chase begins tonight!

After blowing their 2-0 first period lead to the Canucks on Saturday, the Leafs ended up losing 5-3, making that their eighth loss in a row. I was at the Air Canada Center watching that game, and I did see a marked improvement from the Leafs. Perhaps Kadri's presence brought some hope to the team. Nevertheless, the Leafs put up a good performance that night.

For tonight's game, you should be aware that the Predators fared well against the East last year, while the Leafs were dismal against the West. So, with the Leafs going for their ninth loss in a row, why on Earth would the books open the lines with the Leafs as a ML favourite tonight?? We'll see tonight. This four-game chase will not be for the feint of heart as the initial bet will be $200. Let's hope the system succeeds tonight.

Toronto Maple Leafs -104: Risking $208 to win $200

vassman86

I'm contemplating making a play on the Flyers as it seems that Bobrovsky will get the start against Price. It puzzles me that despite eliminating the Canadiens in five games in last year's Eastern Conference Finals, the Flyers are on a 10-1-1 streak right now, but they're going in as a ML underdog, even with the majority of the public on them. There's no free lunch: the linesmakers set the line for a reason. I'll have to ponder this one.

Ichigo
    Ichigo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Philadelphie Win yeah baby !!!

vassman86

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    Philadelphie Win yeah baby !!!

Best of luck tonight. I'm 60% sure that I won't be making a play on that game. I've already got a couple for tomorrow that I'm eyeballing.

vassman86

Lone play for Tuesday November 16th, 2010:

Toronto Maple Leafs -104: Risking $208 to win $200
    Write-up can be found above.

vassman86

Early play for Wednesday November 17th, 2010:

Vancouver Canucks +120: Risking $200 to win $240
    I'm not too sure that the line will get better than this for the Canucks. An elite Western Conference team taking on a struggling Eastern Conference team. Marc Andre Fleury has been struggling this season, and it just hit me: I'm not so sure that he's quite gotten over his Game 7 letdown against the Canadiens in last season's playoffs. I'm guessing the line is what it is because the Canucks are on the last game of a five-game East coast trip.
    Points Awarded:

eastvan09 gave vassman86 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

eastvan09
    eastvan09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1728

Quote Originally Posted by vassman86 View Post
    Early play for Wednesday November 17th, 2010: Vancouver Canucks +120: Risking $200 to win $240 I'm not too sure that the line will get better than this for the Canucks. An elite Western Conference team taking on a struggling Eastern Conference team. Marc Andre Fleury has been struggling this season, and it just hit me: I'm not so sure that he's quite gotten over his Game 7 letdown against the Canadiens in last season's playoffs. I'm guessing the line is what it is because the Canucks are on the last game of a five-game East coast trip.
    I am with you 100% on this! I just read the last part of your thread., Leafs season ticket holder eh

vassman86

Quote Originally Posted by eastvan09 View Post

I am with you 100% on this! I just read the last part of your thread., Leafs season ticket holder eh

Not a season ticket holder. Wish I were though! A friend of mine wasn't able to make it to the game, so I got the tickets from him.

First 12345 Last