DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

hockey216 don't be an idiot. Every team does it. Get over it

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Every team does do it, but VAN is KNOWN for it.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue

Quote Originally Posted by Deol View Post
    Every team does do it, but VAN is KNOWN for it.
    Haters will hate.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Don't even try Dwight just embrace the hate

That was the worst playoff game I've seen the Nucks play in years. Even when they got crushed in Boston they played with more intensity. The good news to take from that game is the Kings played their A game and we played our C game and spent half the game shorthanded and still almost won.

I expect a much smarter and harder effort tomorrow night.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Don't even try Dwight just embrace the hate

That was the worst playoff game I've seen the Nucks play in years. Even when they got crushed in Boston they played with more intensity. The good news to take from that game is the Kings played their A game and we played our C game and spent half the game shorthanded and still almost won.

I expect a much smarter and harder effort tomorrow night.
    and even then I felt that Vancouver was gonna win it. Edler made a really bad pass. I ain't worried at all. We are going to win the series.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Not anywhere even remotely close to the level that vancouver does it. vancouver has several players do it every single night. Burrows, Lapierre, and the Sedin sisters are notorious for it. In game 1 vs. the Kings alone, Lapierre or Kessler went diving on a play, Burrows went diving on a play, and Henrik Sedin went diving on a play. They even highlighted the dives on NBC sports network. That's 3 major dives by 3 different players in 1 game. and the playoffs just started!!! and those were just the major ones. It's sickening! The playoffs have hardly even started and Vancouver's ruining them already!

Their coach Alain needs to step up, be a man, and take control of his team! He needs to say, "Enough of this shit! Stop acting like fuking pussies! play hockey like a man! stop the diving!" That's what Claude Julien would tell the bruins if the whole team was diving every game. I don't see Lucic or Chara or Shawn Thornton diving every game. Vancouver embellishes and dives more than any other team in the nhl. its not even close.

It upsets me that Alain is content with the diving. It almost makes me feel like he endorses it. he probably tells his players to do it just to try to gain a powerplay advantage. What a cheap, whimpy, sissy, phoney way to try to win games. What a pitiful way to ruin the sport as well.

The level of diving that vancouver does is just sickening. Its bad for the sport. Hockey tv ratings are hurting enough already. teams like vancouver that ruin the game make it even more miserable for fans to watch and just kill the sport even more.
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-13-12 at 12:26 PM.

hockey216

hockey216

hockey216

hockey216

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    Not anywhere even remotely close to the level that vancouver does it. vancouver has several players do it every single night. Burrows, Lapierre, and the Sedin sisters are notorious for it. In game 1 vs. the Kings alone, Lapierre or Kessler went diving on a play, Burrows went diving on a play, and Henrik Sedin went diving on a play. They even highlighted the dives on NBC sports network. That's 3 major dives by 3 different players in 1 game. and the playoffs just started!!! and those were just the major ones. It's sickening! The playoffs have hardly even started and Vancouver's ruining them already!

Their coach Alain needs to step up, be a man, and take control of his team! He needs to say, "Enough of this shit! Stop acting like fuking pussies! play hockey like a man! stop the diving!" That's what Claude Julien would tell the bruins if the whole team was diving every game. I don't see Lucic or Chara or Shawn Thornton diving every game. Vancouver embellishes and dives more than any other team in the nhl. its not even close.

It upsets me that Alain is content with the diving. It almost makes me feel like he endorses it. he probably tells his players to do it just to try to gain a powerplay advantage. What a cheap, whimpy, sissy, phoney way to try to win games. What a pitiful way to ruin the sport as well.

The level of diving that vancouver does is just sickening. Its bad for the sport. Hockey tv ratings are hurting enough already. teams like vancouver that ruin the game make it even more miserable for fans to watch and just kill the sport even more.
    geez it's impossible to argue with someone that obviously has never played hockey and knows so little about it. You keep on harping about biting and diving but total have a memory lapse when it comes to you own or other teams. You have this unhealthy hatred against Vancouver and you just can't let it go. Ya talk about stating the obvious.

Boston is one of my favorite teams all time but they (like any other team) have their history of controversy over the years. I really don't want to argue about it anymore because for every video and infraction about the Canucks you throw my way, I can throw 10 back.

Last edited by DwightShrute; 04-13-12 at 02:36 PM.

hockey216

Hey Dwight. like the great conversation. i know i rub the stanley cup in sometime... but only because i was pretty pissed last year when i saw your avatar of vancouver guy pissing on bruins jersey... so that kind of motivates me to go at it with you. lol. nothing personal of course.

I played hockey for 12 years up through varsity in HS. It's not the dirty play that pisses me off about canucks. It's the whining and the diving. And its the fact that coaches/management fail to adress it. vancouver fans defend it. I dont want to see the NHL turn into the nba where they flop on every play. think its bad for the sport. thats why i dont like canucks. i want Alain to man up, hold his team accountable, and tell them to knock the flopping off. All they do is dive and whine. And the biting upsets me too. It's not from a "dirty play" perspective per-say. i understand its hockey and ppl are going to play dirty. if they were hitting from behind or elbowing, whatever i wouldnt be as pissed. But there are 2 taboos in hockey. you dont bite, and you dont kick. I think biting is bad. But really, the whining and the diving pisses me off. i just dont want to see the nhl turn into the nba. i really dont. hockeys too great of a sport. i feel vancouver is ruining it with the diving/embellishing and the whining.

obviously now i gotta defend my guys

already adressed pacioretty hit. pacioretty was an idiot and tried to skate through chara's check. was not intentional by chara. was a standard angling play. Look at photo showing initial point of contact. was several feet away from the pipe. Pacioretty should have stopped, braced self or taken hit. he would have fallen right there. Instead, he decides to try to skate through chara, despit being angled all the way to boards. How are you going to skate through chara if hes already angled you towards boards and has position on you? you aren't. He only ran into pipe because he tried to skate through Chara's check. Ran into the pipe himself. Yes chara angled him to boards, but pacioretty, once at boards, didnt have to keep skating forward into pipe. Defenseman's job in situations like that is to angle towards boards. happens all over the ice. Chara wasn't thinking about pipe. Not charas fault league puts up those dangerous pipes there. If you are concerned with player safety, take the pipes down, or change the rules to not allow hitting there. Not charas fault league puts those pipes there. Chara is one of the most physical guys in the league. To have delivered thousands of hits of your career and never really have gotton into disciplinary trouble shows no pattern of dirty play. Look at photo. To each his own. but i think pacioretty tried to skate through chara's hit after he was angled to boards. Pacioretty is an idiot and did it to himself. Further, as soon as Pacioretty returned he immediately got a 3 game suspension for an illegal hit to the head. So the "ooh poor baby" argument doesnt draw any sympathy from me. if hes going to play dirty i dont feel as bad for him.

Showing an elbow penalty is not that bad.

Marchand is a tiny guy and he can't hit high. he has to hit low. A low hit is not dirty unless its "clipping" which is hitting "at or below the knees". hit you showed was at the thighs. Hitting at thighs is legal. Marchand is like 180lbs. when other guys who are 230lbs trying to hit him, its instinctive for him to do that. He had conversation over summer with brendan shanahan about hits exactly of that nature, and shanahan ruled that as long as above the knee its ok.

Ference hit - unintentional. ference is actually a pretty clean player and a fairly nice guy. he was skating in fast, and the rangers guy just gets in his lane and stops. ference assumed he was going to change angle to try to play the puck. ference felt bad and apologized. doesnt have history. he isnt dirty player. misraed what the rangers player was going to do. thought he was going to turn and play the puck. but guy just gets into his skating lane and stops. ference made mistake. he was very sorry and apologized. hes a nice guy. not intentional.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-13-14 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

hockey216

not trying to throw videos of dirty hits. just upset about the wining and diving. Vancuover can play as dirty as they want. As long as they dont injure any boston players i dont care. im just upset about the diving. And i dont think biting belongs in hockey. dont like kicking or biting. but mainly im upset about the diving. Dont wanna see the NHL start turning into the NBA.

not trying to argue... but of course i gotta defend my guys. . Really my whole motivation for going at it with you is just because your avatar last year was a kid pissing on a bruins jersey. that kinda got me pissed. lol. anyway, i just want vancouver to stop the diving. think its bad for the league.

hockey216

i'll make a truce with you dwight. no sense in arguing. boston fans just really hate vancouver. I had to start the playoffs with a little tiny bit of trash talk. Anyway, now that it's off my chest, lets enjoy a great playoffs.

DwightShrute

hockey216, nothing personal also FYI back in Canada I have 3 Bruins jerseys. When I played hockey I would have Bruins #8 Cam Neely, Comox BC kid that you stole from us when you gave us Barry Peterson, t-shirt underneath my Jersey. Worst trade in Canucks history. You have a goalie that I respect more than ever because he declined to go the White House to meet the dictator and Bobby Orr of course. How can you not like the Bruins franchise?

Having said that, you never commented on Marty's hit to the head of Brashear but that's understandable. I agree with you on the Chara hit actually, and I did when we spoke about it on SBR at the time of the incident, but only added that as an example of shit that happens in Hockey. Ya Sedin's don't fight but that doesn't make them pussies. Guys who call them pussies are idiots and classless. Gretzky never fought. Lemieux, Jagr and thousands of other players either. AS far a diving goes. It's a game and the object is to win and if the refs are gonna call it then so be it. You would be better served complaining about the refs. Would I rather not see the dives by Vancouver or any other team? Ya of course but they all do it. There a dozens of calls during a game/series that can be criticized by fans from either team. When I play hockey and some **** does something to me, he's gonna get chopped down to the ice. Some guys will just skate away. I wish I had the discipline to skate away.

Go Canucks Go. Canada's Team!

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    i'll make a truce with you dwight. no sense in arguing. boston fans just really hate vancouver. I had to start the playoffs with a little tiny bit of trash talk. Anyway, now that it's off my chest, lets enjoy a great playoffs.
    truce

hockey216

Lemieux could be physical. Before his back was so bad that he couldn't even tie his own skates, he'd hit. thats why i liked Lemieux better than gretzky. Lemieux was big. he could hit. you had to piss him off, but he'd fight. He wouldnt just stand there and let someone thats a tiny 180lb rookie like marchand stand there and punch him 7 times in the face and do nothing. he'd defend himself and hit back. or try to wrap marchand up until refs came. or at the very least skate away. lol. but not just stand there like a punching bag and let some little rookie kid abuse you... you know?

Not just the lack of toughness with sedins. also the diving. true other clubs do it. but not the magnitude of sedins. and i think its worse when star players who are idolized are doing the diving. it upsets me because hockeys such a great sport. it'd be a shame to see it turn into soccer or the nba where people flop on every play. I just really dont wanna see hockey be pussy-fied.

Heck i was never a big guy. I got rocked sometimes by big defensemen when i played. I fractured my collar bone from a hit once, fractured my arm once... but even with the size disadvantage and not being a physical player, i would hit guys when i needed to. its part of the system. you have to hit. i didn't start fights very much. i've even bit off more than i can chew with the wrong guy and gotton my ass beat. lol. but thats ok. i'd rather stand up for myself and lose a bout than not have self respect and let someone walk all over me. you know? even though i was a smaller forward i would check too. Even though the physicality tended to leave me on the receiving end more than on the giving end, i still wasnt afraid to hit, nor be hit. its part of the game, and in order to play, i needed to be prepared for the environment of the sport i was choosing to play. I accepted that. Even after fracturing some of my bones from getting hit, i still accepted it. I would never want to see physicality taken out of the game. I feel like physicality is a huge part of the game. and its part of what makes this sport so great. im not saying guys have to fight per-say. But i also dont like when whimps try to pussy-fy the sport. thats why sedins upset me. diving is bad for the game too.

anyway, now that i got my opening night playoff anti-vancouver sentiment off my chest... im ready to watch some playoffs.
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-13-12 at 05:23 PM.

DwightShrute

let's go boys

get er done!

Canucks 4-2

dilaudid8
    dilaudid8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

hey DwightShrute what's happening my brother gl on your bet's let's make them mint's GOV mint's

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

This \*\*\*\*\*\* team had their shot last year, they're finished.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Fcuk Dwight how do we endure this pain and suffering year after year Team definitely deserved to win tonight but couldn't catch a break or anything. Team is cursed.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by dennisgreen View Post
    fcuk dwight how do we endure this pain and suffering year after year Team definitely deserved to win tonight but couldn't catch a break or anything. Team is cursed.
    no comment

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

do canuck fans root for ottawa now?

hockey216

Is it me or are the canooks choking for the 2nd year in a row?

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    I lived in Canada for a couple months during playoffs a few years ago. All of them rooted for whatever Canadian team was left. I found that amusing.

hockey216

That fat guy that always sings anthem in vancouver should isntead sing,

Noooooooooooooooo Caaaaannaaaaadddaaaaaaaa

Noooo Staaaanleeeey cup for yooouuu!

hockey216

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    I'll cheer for them. I really like Karlsson and Neil

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

This was a nice thread Dwight but I just cant help wondering why die hard Canook fans
    thought this year was going to be any different from past years.......

After the monumental collapse last year...what could you expect.....

Last year the Canooks had everything going their way.......
    They had the President's Trophy....they lucked themselves into the Stanley Cup Finals with HOME ICE..

They won the first 2 games of the Finals .....needing just 2 more wins out of 5 remaining games in order
    to hoist Lord Stanley..........

They enter Game 7 ........played in their HOME building........now we know that historically the Home Team
    in Game 7 of the Finals wins a huge percentage....I think of recent teams that have done it...Colorado and Carolina...

But now that Canooks had that same opportunity and what did they do ??? They shit the bed....they dont
    even score a goal.....

Now after that recent debacle.......how could you or any Canook fan expect anything different this year......yeah, like
    I said...this is a nice entertaining thread.....I mean you got good pics on it but c'mon.....you titled it The 2012 Vancouver
    Canooks Stanley Cup Thread..............but reality dictates that having the Vancouver Canooks and Stanley Cup both mentioned
    in the same sentence is really hockey comedy....it cracks a lot of people up

Truth be told....The Vancouver Canooks should be vilified all the way from Mike Gillis all the way down to those
    funny little green slime gay boys that hibernate by the penalty box....

How dare this team win President Trophys 2 years in a row and then stink up the playoffs.....dont they like or
    care about their fans....people like you Dwight.....

Maybe demonic forces that the city of Vancouver gives off that causes the team to choke up every year like Cass Elliot eating
    a ham sandwich.

The demonic forces were well documented by the riots that the " good " people of Vancouver decided to
    throw after last year's Game 7 tragedy....

No President Trophy winner has ever been swept by an 8th seed in the First Round before......this year
    the Canooks will have the enviable honor of being that first......

The Vancouver Canooks.......losers of 7 out of their last 8 Stanley Cup Playoff games........one of those 7 losses
    of course.....the Game 7 HOME ICE SHUTOUT Loss to Boston......

It just doesnt get any better than that......

The 2012 Vancouver Canook Stanley Cup Thread.........now colder than Amy Winehouse.......

Canook fans everyway should demand that the " team " give back those President Trophys.......because, you know,

they really dont mean a damn thing.........
    Last edited by JW Cash; 04-16-12 at 12:47 PM.

hockey216

Yes! Glad to have you back JW Cash! I was dying of laughter all finals long last year from your hate threads.

I got to physically touch the stanley cup with my own hands over the summer courtesy of dennis seidenberg... and courtesy of the epic collapse by the sorry canook players who went 1-4 over the last 5 games in the finals and getting outscored 21-4.

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only 1 more game away from another Vancouver Canook Post Game Party,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-13-14 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

DwightShrute

Daniel's back and the team is confident. They were the better team game 3 (no objective person can deny that) and will win game #4. Game 5 back home. This ain't over yet.

hockey216

Canooks were worse team games 1 and 2. no objective person can deny that.

Daniel's back??? DANIEL'S BACK?! You need a whole hell of a lot more than some whimpy, whining, diving, pathetic excuse for a player if you expect to climb out of an 0-3 hole and win the series.

And it doesnt matter how you play if you still aren't able to solve Jonathan Quick.

DwightShrute

dude! Really? I though we had a truce?

Yes LA was better in the 2 games in Vancouver. I never said they weren't.

Look at you last post. What are you, 12?

First 1234 Last