hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

the nhl has continually ruled that hits to the head are illegal. Even if a player's position makes if difficult, league has ruled that its the responsibility of the player who's delivering the hit to make sure principle point of contact is not the head. Suspensions have been handed out a number of times (including Pacioretty).

Rome hit was late, and it was a hit to the head. Sure, it wasn't 5 seconds late. But before the hit was delivered, horton passed it, the pass was already received by Lucic, and lucic was skating up the ice. Once the other player's already received it and is skating up ice, there's no need to hit. It was LATE. and it was a high hit to the head. and it caused a concussion and ended the season of one of boston's top scorers. It was not a clean hit. High hits to the head and late hits are not clean, even if a player is too dumb to admire his pass. even if guy foolishly admires his pass, the defender still doesnt have right to hit late, nor does he have right to hit to the head.

and ppl can say what they want about bruins... but they dont bite anyone. lol. im not crying about the bite. I'm just disgusted with it because i dont think it belongs in hockey. I'm not whining about it for the sake of whining. just saying i think its bad for the sport. I like fighting. but i dont like kicking, and i dont like biting. So, im just disgusted that a player would bite. What REALLY upsets me though, is not just the bite. It's the fact that the entire vancouver team, management, coaches, owners, and fans DEFENDED the bite. Really? How do you defend a player that bites him? He clearly bit him if you watch the tape. He graphs bergeron's glove, holds his hand down, lowers his head, opens his mouth, and bites him. How do you defend that? If someone on boston intentionally bit another player, i would openly criticize his actions. And i bet you that management would not endorse his play.
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-09-12 at 11:25 PM.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    the nhl has continually ruled that hits to the head are illegal. Even if a player's position makes if difficult, league has ruled that its the responsibility of the player who's delivering the hit to make sure principle point of contact is not the head. Suspensions have been handed out a number of times (including Pacioretty).

Rome hit was late, and it was a hit to the head. Sure, it wasn't 5 seconds late. But before the hit was delivered, horton passed it, the pass was already received by Lucic, and lucic was skating up the ice. Once the other player's already received it and is skating up ice, there's no need to hit. It was. and it was a high hit to the head. and it caused a concussion and ended the season of one of boston's top scorers. It was not a clean hit. High hits to the head and late hits are not clean, even if a player is too dumb to admire his pass. Defender still doesnt have right to hit late, nor does he have right to hit to the head.

and ppl can say what they want about bruins... but they dont bite anyone. lol. im not crying about the bite. I'm just disgusted with it because i dont think it belongs in hockey. I'm not whining about it for the sake of whining. just saying i think its bad for the sport. I like fighting. but i dont like kicking, and i dont like biting. So, im just disgusted that a player would bite. What REALLY upsets me though, is not just the bite. It's the fact that the entire vancouver team, management, coaches, owners, and fans DEFENDED the bite. Really? How do you defend a player that bites him? He clearly bit him if you watch the tape. He graphs bergeron's glove, holds his hand down, lowers his head, opens his mouth, and bites him. How do you defend that? If someone on boston intentionally bit another player, i would openly criticize his actions. And i bet you that management would not endorse his play.
    Well said I agree with you. Biting obviously has no place in the game but French people are unpredictable They aren't afraid to cross lines and do some crazy shit. Remember Claude Lemieux?

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I want to see Henrik break his hands on the first guy that looks at him...Set the tone baby...

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    I want to see Henrik break his hands on the first guy that looks at him...Set the tone baby...
    As insane as it sounds the Sedins did start playing with somewhat of an edge (from their standards) during the last month or so of the year. Henrik finished with 35 hits, and Daniel 21 which is shockingly more than guys like Kane (19 hits) and Tyler Seguin (26 hits).

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Don't sleep on Van City. The team is seriously better this year than they were last
    Actually there not, but I'm curious, why do you think there better then they were last year???

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Deol View Post
    Actually there not, but I'm curious, why do you think there better then they were last year???
    Actually they are. Way better depth up front this year. Sedins had a down year and they still repeated as President's Trophy champs. Schneider has proved without a doubt he is a #1 goalie in the NHL and the team isn't afraid to use him in high pressure situations. Secondary scoring is the key, playoffs are won by your 3rd line guys. Higgins, Lapierre, Booth all these guys are gonna be huge in the playoffs this year. Last year it was Sedins and Burrows and Kesler and that was it for scoring. This year the team has a much more balanced attack.

Deol

Actually they are. Way better depth up front this year. Sedins had a down year and they still repeated as President's Trophy champs. Schneider has proved without a doubt he is a #1 goalie in the NHL and the team isn't afraid to use him in high pressure situations. Secondary scoring is the key, playoffs are won by your 3rd line guys. Higgins, Lapierre, Booth all these guys are gonna be huge in the playoffs this year. Last year it was Sedins and Burrows and Kesler and that was it for scoring. This year the team has a much more balanced attack.
    Will agree to disagree, they are more skilled up front, IMO they lack grit and there backend is worse off than last year. They were confident enough to go with Schnieder last year as well so thats not really new. I think LA will give VAN all they can handle, and hopefully CHI and VAN meet in round 2, a healthy CHI team will beat VAN even with there average goaltending IMO. Time will tell. I would wish you GL but I absolutely detest VAN. Hope they don't cost you too much!!

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Deol View Post
    Will agree to disagree, they are more skilled up front, IMO they lack grit and there backend is worse off than last year. They were confident enough to go with Schnieder last year as well so thats not really new. I think LA will give VAN all they can handle, and hopefully CHI and VAN meet in round 2, a healthy CHI team will beat VAN even with there average goaltending IMO. Time will tell. I would wish you GL but I absolutely detest VAN. Hope they don't cost you too much!!
    D is the same pretty much minus Ehrhoff who was soft as dough anyways so not that big of a loss. Oh a Hawks fan well that explains it GL to the Hawksuckers they should win the 1st round but they haven't impressed me at all this year. Crawford looks lost out there and the Hawks are as soft as the Canucks these days. Here's to hoping for a matchup in round 2 because it would make for a hell of a series

Deol

Not a CHI fan, took them and PIT and STL/PIT to win conference right before Crosby came back, value was good. Die hard Oiler fanatic over here, our playoff is tomorrow, Yakupov or Murray. WIN WIN!!

Samzilla
    Samzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Marc Savard says hi, but I wouldn't expect you to conveniently remember that.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

The hockey forum will be dead if Vancouver loses out 1st round

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    The hockey forum will be dead if Vancouver loses out 1st round
    Yup there's a lot of us fans here. The only team playoff thread on SBR in the hockey forum usually.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Yup there's a lot of us fans here. The only team playoff thread on SBR in the hockey forum usually.
    I made one for Ottawa , but noone else believes

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

I'm in!

hockey216

savards not playing for the bruins. his career is probably over. and we really dont know whether savard bit carcillo. the tape didn't show anything at all. it wasnt like the burrows video where burrows clearly and intentionally bites Bergeron. i watched the savard tape 100 times and they were in middle of scrum, and there was no way to see what happened, or whether savard bit him. The video shows no biting at all. there's really no way to tell. did savard bite carcillo? maybe. maybe not. the tape shows nothing. That being said, i condemn any act of biting by any player. If savard bit him, then savard is wrong. no one currently playing for the bruins would bite anyone. Like i said.. the bite irritates me a bit, but what really irritates me is the fact that vancouver nation defended burrows and thought that his actions were OK. I am willing to admit that if savard really did bite carcillo, i do not support him. It's just tough to say whether he did or not because the tape shows nothing. tape shows no biting whatsoever.

invader19
    Nux for the cup
    invader19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Daniel Sedin going to be ready for game 1?
    I think he won't play till game 4

Samzilla
    Samzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

savards not playing for the bruins. his career is probably over. and we really dont know whether savard bit carcillo. the tape didn't show anything at all. it wasnt like the burrows video where burrows clearly and intentionally bites Bergeron. i watched the savard tape 100 times and they were in middle of scrum, and there was no way to see what happened, or whether savard bit him. The video shows no biting at all. there's really no way to tell. did savard bite carcillo? maybe. maybe not. the tape shows nothing. That being said, i condemn any act of biting by any player. If savard bit him, then savard is wrong. no one currently playing for the bruins would bite anyone. Like i said.. the bite irritates me a bit, but what really irritates me is the fact that vancouver nation defended burrows and thought that his actions were OK. I am willing to admit that if savard really did bite carcillo, i do not support him. It's just tough to say whether he did or not because the tape shows nothing. tape shows no biting whatsoever.
    Savard hasn't retired yet. He's still a Bruin.

hockey216

I am aware. But how many games has he played in the last 2 years? I know he hasn't officially retired yet. but his career was forever changed by those concussions. and i dont think he'll be coming back anytime soon. he's also been going through depression, etc. i think he's been gone so long, his career is probably over.
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-11-12 at 12:19 PM.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8440

Prediction: 3-2 Vancouver
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-20-14 at 06:16 PM.

DwightShrute

I am pumped!

hockey216

Vortexx00
    Vortexx00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Go Canucks Go!!!

This is our year boys....

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

This won't happen if you get bounced in the first round will it?

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    This won't happen if you get bounced in the first round will it?

maybe worse

DwightShrute

News from Practice:

D. Sedin, Gragnani, Weise and Alberts did not skate this morning. Daniel Sedin will not play in Game 1 tonight against the Kings. Mason Raymond will slot in alongside Henrik Sedin.

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-13-14 at 12:44 PM.

LetsGoBruins
    LetsGoBruins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1495

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    Lets be a bit more sensible.

I just wanna point out not all of us mouth off and gloat like that. It was a great series and our team came out on top. Second place doesn't take home the prize, but calling guys who withstood the punishment in one of the toughest games in the world, at the HIGHEST competitive level, a bunch of pussies?

I'd like to see you face up with Shawn or have Zdeno checking you for 7 games in a row and, should you not shit yourself repeatedly and actually live through the ordeal, then, and only perhaps then, could you get away with calling Vancouver "pussies".

Also, calling the Canucks "twice as talented"? What series did you watch last year? How do you even measure talent?...Riddle me this - Do you consider Crosby talented? Just a simple yes/no will suffice, I am not getting into an argument with you.

/derail

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoBruins View Post

I just wanna point out not all of us mouth off and gloat like that. It was a great series and our team came out on top. Second place doesn't take home the prize, but calling guys who withstood the punishment in one of the toughest games in the world, at the HIGHEST competitive level, a bunch of pussies?

I'd like to see you face up with Shawn or have Zdeno checking you for 7 games in a row and, should you not shit yourself repeatedly and actually live through the ordeal, then, and only perhaps then, could you get away with calling Vancouver "pussies".

Also, calling the Canucks "twice as talented"? What series did you watch last year? How do you even measure talent?...Riddle me this - Do you consider Crosby talented? Just a simple yes/no will suffice, I am not getting into an argument with you.

/derail
    thanks for a refreshing fair sensible comment from a Boston fan. Nice to see common sense is still alive out there.

Let the games begin and here's to an exciting playoffs

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoBruins View Post

/derail
    I am sorry I feel that way....but a team that dives, a team that lets their captain get punched in the face over and over like a jackass and not stand up for him, a team that drops their gloves to fight then back off to hope to draw a penalty on the other team is pussy hockey! a team that cries to the media....the other team is getting more attention!!!!(Luongo getting mad about Thomas doing well!) my god I just dont know how someone roots for a team like that.....if the bruins played like that I would be embarrassed to be a fan! maybe fans of vancouver and Montreal block out those embarrassing things their team does.

Crosby is the best or one of the best skilled players in the game....and I think he is a pussy too! cheap shots people and when they do it to him he hides cries and complains.

The Bruins have 2 grade A players......Thomas when he is on and Chara. the rest are B and C tier players....but when they play disciplined defensive team hockey they can play on another level. they get it done with 4 lines of a little above avg disciplined players...unlike most teams that have a couple grade A players that get alot more ice time.
    Hopefully when Seguin stops being a kid and decides he wants to be one of the best NHL players..he can be a grade A player.

Vancouver's top 2 lines are way more skilled then Bostons! look at the line for tonights game!!! it dropped 20 cents after one of their grade A players didnt skate this morning and is out tonight. If Lucic or Krejci was out tonight the line wouldnt move more then 5 cents!

DwightShrute

Haters will be haters

People from other cities will always be jealous of a team that is as good as this Vancouver team is. Great coach, fast, young and great goalies. They have been arguably the best team the last 2 or 3 years now.

I remember when Hextal was with the Flyers in the playoff years and he sucker punched an opponent at every chance. Took his goal stick liek an axe and chopped them down. After the series was over, they shook hands and that was that. I never remember any hatred towards the Flyers years later like some of these whiny Bruins fans. Geez get over it. It's hockey. Emotions get high and shit happens.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 04-11-12 at 05:49 PM.

DwightShrute

just over 4 hours till game time

Go Canucks GO
    Go Canucks GO

Go Canucks GO

Go Canucks GO

Go Canucks GO

Go Canucks GO

Go Canucks GO

Go Canucks GO

Go Canucks GO
    Attached Images  

tEABAG
    tEABAG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Not a fan...BUT I AM TONIGHT VAN -1.5 +180 GO CANUCKS!

DwightShrute

purplehazae479
    purplehazae479's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

y'all think there is any way nucks lose game 1 vs. kings?

bhattman
    bhattman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    I made one for Ottawa , but noone else believes
    yeah because your team is gone in 6 first round lmao

First 1234 Last