Corseting
    It's like getting 2 birds stoned at once
    Corseting's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Picks of the night (Ongoing Thread 2011-2012)

Tuesday October 18th, 2011 (Record 11-7-0)

Mondays Action:
    Oilers +110 - Win
    Under Sharks/Ducks -112 - Win
    Ducks +151 - Win
    Lightning -1.5(+180) - Lose

So I assumed it would be easier to just keep the same thread updated daily... and a few people agreed so good enough for me. As of this second my record is 11-7. Not too shabby.... gettin there anyway. Edmonton, Anaheim (What a sweet dog...) And the under all came through for me. And of course the thing I added in at the last minute bit me in the ass... god damn bolts.

So for tonights festivities...plenty of games on

Gold(Record:3-3-0):Coyotes +118 at home

I love the home dogs, and the yotes are looking poised to do some damage this season. Statistically these teams have taken about half the games each against eachother, even as of late with the cup winningness of Chicago. I expect the desert dogs to come through tonight for me. These games tend to stay under the total.. 3-2 Yotes.

Silver(Record 4-2-0):Sabres -123

Buffalo has taken the 3 most recent battles in Montreal. All of those games were under the number, high shooting games. Expect the same dueling between price and miller tonight with miller coming up ahead. 3-1 Sabres

Bronze(Record 4-1-0): Oilers +144

Ride this beautiful oilers team. They got the win for me last night as dogs, and now after literally no travel, they're at +144 against CALGARY... calgary!... The flames are -180 right now!... Like.. Come on. Oilers will keep the ball rolling. These are very young guys who can play a back to back with some steam left in the tank... expect the new chemistry between the lines (in particular juggling horcoff onto a line with smyth) to connect for a second night. Oilers 2-1

Edit: Add The Blues to the picks +125

Blues are 7-1 against LA in their past 8... as well as 4-0 in Los angeles. They are undefeated as a dog against LA.. Like this play
    Last edited by Corseting; 10-18-11 at 08:32 AM.
    Points Awarded:

authenticsb gave Corseting 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Corseting

Looking to stay above 65% at the minimum on the season... looking strong so far!

xelemental
    xelemental's Avatar Become A Pro!

im following all your picks today because I faded your picks yesterday and got burried hard. but then again, how can I bet against my own team.

good luck and great record so far!

Corseting

Quote Originally Posted by xelemental View Post
    im following all your picks today because I faded your picks yesterday and got burried hard. but then again, how can I bet against my own team.

good luck and great record so far!

Thanks! And I'm a die hard leafs fan.. I've never bet a game when they're playing... can't do it haha

FeeltheCool
    FeeltheCool's Avatar Become A Pro!

also think its best to keep it all in one thread!

GL corseting

Corseting

All the lines are moving in the right direction! Glad I grabbed them when I did this morning.

Oilers +144 - now +141
    Sabres -123 - now -132
    Coyotes +118 - now +113
    Blues +125 - now +118

Jump on before the prices get too steep!

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2282

I wouldnt be too excited about them all moving in the right direction, yesterday that happened and only 2 out of the 5 were right

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

agree with you on all but the hawks vs yotes, with or without hossa the hawks should take it

authenticsb
    authenticsb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Thanks for your good work, Corseting! I'm with you in this NHL season!) Let's do it!

Corseting

Quote Originally Posted by authenticsb View Post
    Thanks for your good work, Corseting! I'm with you in this NHL season!) Let's do it!
    Thanks appreciate the support. Just gotta keep picking winners and it will be worth it!

Corseting

Great start! First perfect call of the season. 65 shots, low scoring. 3-1 Buffalo. Edmonton is up 1-0.. maybe they'll finish 2-1 and give me another perfect game!

Corseting

Wednesday October 19th, 2011 (Record 12-10-0)

Mondays Action:
    Oilers +144 - Lose
    Sabres -123 - Win
    Coyotes +118 - Lose
    Blues +125 - Lose

Rough night last night! All of my dogs decided to lose last night... especially with edmonton winning and phoenix tied midway through their games... bad luck had to hit me sometime.

The positive was my play on buffalo... got the good value before the line moved too much, and predicted the exact outcome of the game.. doesnt happen too often for me so that was nice

I am going to make no official picks today, the only game is Toronto against the Peg. I would not only have to basically call the game perfectly with my 3 picks (ML,PL,O/U) but also its the Leafs.. and I dont bet Leafs games, I get baked and watch Leafs games.

So.. Not officially. But I would lean towards the over and the leafs in regulation for this one.

I'd be more then happy to weigh in on any of your ideas for tonight's game. Or if you want to bet on the world series... I could throw you some picks for that.. Except I ******* hate baseball. But its easy to cap.

Corseting

Thursday October 20th, 2011 (Record 12-10-0)

Big Leafs win last night! Oh **** ya. lets get into this with finally more then 1 stupid game on tonight

Gold(Record:3-4-0):Islanders +133

Expect either Nabokov or Montoya to rock this game. Both are posting great numbers this season and looking to earn a place as the #1. This lightning team has been shitty at best. I like the islanders to solidify themselves as the team is moving up and tampa will be moving down(lack of goaltending, consistent defense, etc.). Need more then goals to win a game. Islanders 4-3

Silver(Record 5-2-0):Capitals +109
    I have vokoun in my fantasy draft... so.. thats awesome. But more importantly.. if there is anyone that can stand up to the big bully that is Philly, its Washington. The Caps can keep games as close as they need to and score goals at will. This is not a team that should ever be at + money. Caps 4-3

Bronze(Record 4-2-0): Rangers +107
    Rangers will be looking to un-sour the grapes of this season start with a win against a calgary team that is streaky, terrible and full of ex-leafs. Enough said. Rangers 3-1

Good luck tonight all

Beavis169
    Beavis169's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 345

I like caps too. What do you think of Phoenix underdog at home?

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

I don't agree with today's choices! But GL bud! Keep up the good workt

Corseting

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis169 View Post
    I like caps too. What do you think of Phoenix underdog at home?

I hate phoenix games haha.. They've come through for me as dogs a few times now.. and lost games I expected them to win.. So not too sure on that play.. Dont like betting against LA too often as they are a strong team (a bit streaky)... Phoenix is probably worth a look though... home dogs are always a nice play... plus as much as people rag on the yotes, they're home crowd is always exciting.. even if the building is only half full

Corseting

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    I don't agree with today's choices! But GL bud! Keep up the good workt
    Thanks! I know an all underdog card is tough to agree with but the value is undeniable. Hopefully it comes through for me. Not to mention Garon will be starting for TB... should get lit up.

Corseting

Islanders crapped out but Washington came through... Hopefully Rangers come through... 2-2 end of first not too bad... Update with tomorrows picks and recap in the morning.

Corseting

Friday October 21th, 2011 (Record 14-11-0)

Thursdays Action:
    Islanders +133 - Lose
    Capitals +109 - Win
    Rangers +107 - Win

Decent night last night with a few solid dogs coming through. Islanders were a big let down..Should have been a much closer game but it happens. Tonight should be good.. some good plays.

Gold(Record 3-5-0) RedWings(at home) -1.5 Puckline +126

The last 2 matchups, Detroit has shut this Columbus team out. Generally detroit has covered by 2 or more in the majority of these games. Detroit is 5-1 in detroit against columbus over the last 6 games and 26-7 against them since they came into the league. Expect this one to be on detroits side big time. 5-2 detroit.

Silver(Record 6-2-0) Hurricanes/Blues Under 5.5 -114

I expect this game to stay under the number. They haven't played each other much in the last little while but the previous game was a tight scoring 2-1 finish. St. louis and halak will be desperate for a win to get back on track and Ward will be looking to keep up the pace. Big goalie duel, high shots, low scoring. 3-1 Carolina.

Bronze(Record 5-2-0) Stars +128

This stars squad has really surprised me this year. I like them to upset the ducks on home ice. These teams are equally match historically and anaheim only fairs a shade over .500 at home against these guys. Expect dallas to ride their very hot goaltender to another big win. This game will absolutely go over the number though, 5 of the last 6 have. 4-3 Dallas.

Good Luck all

Corseting

2 Wins on the night so far! Called detroit 5-2 and the under was right on... great start... lets hope the stars can pull it out for a perfect night

lowhighboy
    lowhighboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Great job... Will be following

Vinther
    Vinther's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohh looking good.
    How did you do last year?

Corseting

Quote Originally Posted by Vinther View Post
    Ohh looking good.
    How did you do last year?
    Didnt post on here last year... this will be my first time... I believe I was somewhere around the 110-70 range....looking to start doing a llittle better this year now that I have the hang of it!

Corseting

Picks will be late today.... around 2 or 3

Vinther
    Vinther's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will tail from here on then! Gl buddy..
    Do you suggest unit size since you have gold, silver, bronze plays?

Corseting

Quote Originally Posted by Vinther View Post
    I will tail from here on then! Gl buddy..
    Do you suggest unit size since you have gold, silver, bronze plays?
    Im honestly thinking about getting rid of the whole gold silver bronze thing lol.. I tend to just lay a unit or 2 on each game regardless

Corseting

Saturday October 22nd, 2011 (Record 17-11-0)

Fridays Action:
    RedWings PL +126 - Win
    Hurricanes/Blues Under -114 - Win
    Stars +128 - Win

3 for 3 Last Night! Called the 5-2 game in the Red Wings as well. Going to try to keep it going with some tough games tonight!

Gold(Record 4-5-0) Hurricanes -109
    I like this hurricanes team. Cam Ward is taking the night off tonight but these Jets just plain suck (almost as much as ottawa) and I cant expect them to pull out another win for a few games still. The hurricanes will be looking to come back from a loss to the Blues last night. Canes have this game, 3-2.

Silver(Record 7-2-0) Red Wings +123

I cant not take this... Undefeated team at + money is something you cant bet against in hockey. The caps will continue to ride Vokoun tonight and my guess is that he will need a rest soon. The red wings are a stellar team, top to bottom and I like their bottom lines vs. Washingtons bottom lines. 4-3 detroit (overtime).

Bronze(Record 6-2-0) Dallas/Los Angeles Over 5 -119

Cant complain with a 5 total. Both of these teams are off to hot starts and will be battling hard for a win here to keep pushing the western conference. 5 is an easy over to hit and at the very least you can push your bet back on an even 5. I expect this one to stay over from early on. 5-3 Los Angeles.

Good Luck all

Corseting

Keep in mind that conklin will be starting for detroit.... and Raycroft for dallas. That should help the over quite nicely... but dont count conklin out for detroit. Solid tender with tons of experience should help keep this one close with a detroit win

gatroe
    gatroe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tailed ya trying to recover after a shitty NCAAF wknd there's always next time though

EasyPicks
    EasyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

60.7% record

very good thread. will follow!

good work corseting

Corseting

Tuesday October 25th, 2011 (Record 17-14-0)

Fuckkkkkk. So a pretty awful night on saturday... but gotta bounce back from it.. to cap it off I've been pretty under the weather for the past 2 days, sorry for the lack of postings... From this point on, expect me to only do picks during the work week and sometimes on saturdays. Lets try for a good night tonight!

Gold(Record 4-6-0) Detroit -1.5 PL, +157
    Jimmy Howard is still off with conklin in tonight for the wings... This columbus team is just awful... so awful. With the amount of injuries and a very cold Wis coming back off his suspension, expect detroit to dummy this teams face in to make up for that loss to washington. Bastards. 5-1 Detroit.

Silver(Record 7-3-0) San Jose -137

Just on the cusp of games with too much of a line. If you've seen my picks you know that generally I'm in the -120 and better range (if not dogs..constantly) but I like this play big time. San jose will do well against this smashville team tonight as their team is finally starting to find chemistry. 3-1 SJ

Bronze(Record 6-3-0) Stars +/-100

Stars team at even money is a sure bet any day. With Lehtonen confirmed for the start and these stars having 3 days rest on this road trip, expect them to continue in their great form this season getting a win on the road against the Yotes. 4-2 Stars.

Good Luck all

Corseting

Want to throw in another official pick for tonight (tuesday) Islanders +110 at home
    Big reason - Nabokov. Nabokov is 8-1 with a 1.62 goals-against average and .939 lifetime against the Penguins. Big numbers for a strong goalie. These islanders are no joke this year... and although some are saying pittsburghs on a good start, their 6-2-2 record is not great based on the guys they've played.. Expect them to struggle especially with the injuries catching up on them. Isalnders win 4-2

gatroe
    gatroe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets get it!

Corseting

Wednesday October 26th, 2011 (Record 19-16-0)

Tuesdays Action:
    RedWings PL +157 - Lose
    San Jose -137 - Win
    Stars +/-100 - Win
    Islanders +110 - Lose

Someone remind me not to throw down bets after I make my gold silver and bronze ones... I seem to not do so well with those. But either way... .500 last night not too bad.... Gonna try a 3 for 3 tonight I like the opportunity on the board. Sorry I dont have time for a long post today... Gonna give my picks and out. Posting at work causes problems when you have reports to fill haha.

Gold(Record 4-7-0) Colorado +102
    Score: Colorado 3-2

Silver(Record 8-3-0) St. Louis +139
    Score: St Louis 3-1

Bronze(Record 7-3-0) Flyers -1.5 PL +215
    Score: Philly 5-2

Edit: Colorado is +102.. I had it written as -102.. not much difference.. but still.

Good Luck all
    Last edited by Corseting; 10-26-11 at 02:22 PM.

NHL_freak
    NHL_freak's Avatar Become A Pro!

`Thx for the picks, i'll tail..
    Doing good so far ..

1234 Last