LegitBet
    steelers
    LegitBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

just wait til halftime

masticore
    masticore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

i see that you can get some extra value to bet on 2nd half instead of full game

you can find some extra info...injuries,penelties and "bad" days...

but bookies see that too..so the odds change...but you will have more info then pre-game

regards

CyberSleuth
    CyberSleuth's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm hardly an expert, but I think taking the pregame line is much more profitable in the long run because of the historical data involved. I wouldn't try this model at all for second half totals. The chaos that occurs over the course of a full game is taken into account with the game line. You can find opportunities for 2nd half lines, but you can't see them far enough in advance to fully evaluate or take advantage of them. Fouls, injuries or someone having an off night/ game affect your ability to handicap the second half, and the halftime lines for all games do not occur at scheduled times. Interesting theory though.

bee gee
    bee gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1316

Does anyone know if betwiz ever posted any stats for the "system" ?

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

you really don't even have to wait til halftime. If your book offers, do the live in play thing. You can see how much energy the teams are coming out with. You will have opportunities to hedge, middle and scalp your way to a + day

Brp27345
    Most likely a winner...
    Brp27345's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    you really don't even have to wait til halftime. If your book offers, do the live in play thing. You can see how much energy the teams are coming out with. You will have opportunities to hedge, middle and scalp your way to a + day
    I do this often... key to being able to middle is the team u bet going on a hot streak though... u have to be right... especially since the lines are usually -130 both ways... at least in my book...

First 12