Betpoints: 10

Strange thread
    Strange Strategies here

Paver is right just pick winners

HUY
    HUY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3257

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I started with a $1000 bankroll 3 weeks ago and now I have a $3500 bankroll. 99% of my bets were -EV.

Does it matter when I request a check for $2500 today?
    It matters that you have no clue what +EV means.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by HUY View Post
    It matters that you have no clue what +EV means.
    I know what it is. I just don't use it in my bets cause I win betting -EV all the time. Follow the sharp money.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Think Tanked

like any fukkers in here know about EV

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The Kraken understands gambling verbiage better than anyone in the industry.

When he speaks, just do what he says. Don't ask questions.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

V4Value
    V4Value's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Think Tanked

like any fukkers in here know about EV
    lol This thread won't end and out of most of the posts only 2 or 3 give a general description of what it means, the rest is PRIME TIME examples.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

You have no clue what + and - even really is

It is not a term you use when you feel good about a bet

Its a mathematical concept, more specifically a statistics concept

Ive taken stats, you guys clearly are using it wrong
    People will use it to justify taking a bet that will probably lose, but has a positive expected value. For example, suppose I bet that the next roll of a 6-sided die will be 1, and the payout if I win is 10-1. I expect I am going to lose, but that bet sure has a +EV, so it's a good play. Similarly, suppose I calculate a 1 in 6 chance Philly beats Denver and the ML for Philly is +1000 (this is just an example, the line is not actually that high). There's nothing wrong with me coming in here and saying I calculate a +EV on Philly. However, as is the case with everything in here, it all comes down to our abilities to prognosticate. If I take 20 games where I calculate a team has a 1 in 6 chance of winning, but then none of those teams do, then my prognostication, not my math, skills are to blame.
    Last edited by BriGuy; 09-28-13 at 04:25 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I know what it is. I just don't use it in my bets cause I win betting -EV all the time. Follow the sharp money.
    Don't be ridiculous. If you win consistently, you have an edge, and therefore are betting +ev plays. It's that simple.

Is Brock Landers betting +ev? No, but that guy could hit 65% and still lose. Grinding +ev with discipline is the only way to win. Period.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    People will use it to justify taking a bet that will probably lose, but has a positive expected value. For example, suppose I bet that the next roll of a 6-sided die will be 1, and the payout if I win is 10-1. I expect I am going to lose, but that bet sure has a +EV, so it's a good play. Similarly, suppose I calculate a 1 in 6 chance Philly beats Denver and the ML for Philly is +1000 (this is just an example, the line is not actually that high). There's nothing wrong with me coming in here and saying I calculate a +EV on Philly. However, as is the case with everything in here, it all comes down to our abilities to prognosticate. If I take 20 games where I calculate a team has a 1 in 6 chance of winning, but then none of those teams do, then my prognostication, not my math, skills are to blame.
    best answer.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Maybe your prognostication math skills are to blame. Regardless, if you ever find a +even play, you gotta go all in. You have a +expectation of winning.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

Maybe your prognostication math skills are to blame. Regardless, if you ever find a +even play, you gotta go all in. You have a +expectation of winning.
    That's not necessarily true. You have to consider how often a +EV play comes about. If +EV plays come about fairly frequently, it won't do much good if you're bankrupt because you went all-in on the last one and it didn't pan out.

nikkaaay
    nikkaaay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The Kraken understands gambling verbiage better than anyone in the industry.

When he speaks, just do what he says. Don't ask questions.
    The Kraken understands gambling verbage better than anyone.

pavyracer gets $2500 check payouts weekly.

pavy > kraken

The Kraken

Pavy is a legend. I am a grinder

First 123