stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32514

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I wonder if he orders his cheesesteak "whit wiz"?
    Doesn't everybody?

Doubt it though, Whit's a South Carolina boy through and through.
    Born there, starred at South Carolina in college there.
    I bet he's a waffle house type of dude.

*Trivia*
    Who hit the walk off, championship winning RBI single in the bottom of the 11th inning in the 2010 College World Series to win the NCAA Championship for the South Carolina Gamecocks?

A.
    Whit did

I haven't been to Philly in a long time, cheesesteaks then were 4 bucks, I think they are a sawbuck now.
    Last time I was in my 20's the last year of the old Vet, I saw Utley play his third ever pro game.
    He turned out to be quite the dick-head huh?

For a 'cookie cutter' stadium the Vet was pretty cool.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16024

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Jay Bruce has ridiculous lifetime HR numbers vs lefties

might be the all greatest at that skill in basseball

I have no clue, but he's gotta be the best in the last few decades
    Jay Bruce definitely hits bombs whether its lefties or righties. Seems like every time I went to a Giants game and he was on the opposing team he was hitting moonshots to the water.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    Jay Bruce definitely hits bombs whether its lefties or righties. Seems like every time I went to a Giants game and he was on the opposing team he was hitting moonshots to the water.
    Looks like he's going to make the Yankees as the fourth outfielder.
    He's had a very good spring so far, he and Gardner will be the bench outfielders as of right now.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10295

bringing up bad memorizes lol

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

There is no better time of year than today. It's the first full day of March Madness and that can only mean baseball is almost here.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

I’ll be at Sloan Field next week, can’t wait!

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 566

After college hoops MLB will be one of the main go to. NBA scares me

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 681

Braves general manager Alex Anthopoulos told Fox Sports South that right-hander Mike Soroka could make his season debut in mid-April, David O’Brien of The Athletic relays. Soroka got through his third simulated game of the spring without any issues Friday. The 23-year-old remains on the comeback trail from a torn right Achilles that limited him to three starts last season. Before that, Soroka burst on the scene with 174 2/3 innings of 2.68 ERA pitching in 2019.
    More from the National League East:

• Phillies catcher J.T. Realmuto played a sim game Friday and could make his Grapefruit League debut next week, manager Joe Girardi announced (via Matt Breen of the Philadelphia Inquirer). The star has been on the mend from a fractured right thumb. Girardi added that outfielder Adam Haseley is “ahead of schedule” in his recovery from a groin strain. Haseley, who went down March 5, hasn’t officially been ruled out for Opening Day.
    • Sticking with the Phillies, righty Vince Velasquez has an oblique injury, Girardi told Matt Gelb of The Athletic and other reporters. The severity is unknown, but oblique injuries often lead to absences that last for multiple weeks. It could be another shot to Philly’s staff, which has also seen Zach Eflin and Spencer Howard deal with injuries this spring. Velasquez could be their fifth starter to open 2021 if Eflin and Howar aren’t ready to go. In the event all three are shelved, though, it might open the door for veteran minor league addition Ivan Nova to claim a job.
    • Nationals center fielder Victor Robles exited Friday’s game with back tightness, per Jesse Dougherty of the Washington Post. It doesn’t seem particularly serious, but the Nats will know more Saturday. Meanwhile, it was an encouraging day for righty Stephen Strasburg, who got through a 74-pitch sim game without any problems, Mark Zuckerman of MASNsports.com tweets. A calf injury has slowed Strasburg this spring, after the former World Series MVP missed almost all of 2020 – the first season of a seven-year, $245MM contract – with carpal tunnel syndrome.
    • Mets slugger Dominic Smith informed Anthony DiComo of MLB.com and other reporters that he could return to Grapefruit League action as early as Sunday. Smith, the favorite to start in left field for the Mets, has been dealing with a right wrist issue that has sidelined him for the past couple of the days. He posted back-to-back excellent seasons at the plate from 2019-20, during which he combined for a .299/.366/.571 line with 21 home runs in 396 PA.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47669

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Doesn't everybody?

Doubt it though, Whit's a South Carolina boy through and through.
    Born there, starred at South Carolina in college there.
    I bet he's a waffle house type of dude.

*Trivia*
    Who hit the walk off, championship winning RBI single in the bottom of the 11th inning in the 2010 College World Series to win the NCAA Championship for the South Carolina Gamecocks?

A.
    Whit did

I haven't been to Philly in a long time, cheesesteaks then were 4 bucks, I think they are a sawbuck now.
    Last time I was in my 20's the last year of the old Vet, I saw Utley play his third ever pro game.
    He turned out to be quite the dick-head huh?

For a 'cookie cutter' stadium the Vet was pretty cool.
    Prefer mine with provolone.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2452

There is no better time of year than today. It's the first full day of March Madness and that can only mean baseball is almost here.
    could not agree more!!!

stevenash

Prefer mine with provolone.
    Provolone works just fine too.

I just read Nola fractured his finger.

Hope he recovers, he could be an 'x' factor.
    (and you can never have too much pitching)

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Provolone works just fine too.

I just read Nola fractured his finger.

Hope he recovers, he could be an 'x' factor.
    (and you can never have too much pitching)
    They should just bring back Benito Santiago

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Cubs minor leaguer busted with a bunch of drugs in duffle bag. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ubs-duffel-bag

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15348

Maybe he knows guys who played for the 82 mets??

EmpireMaker

White Sox outfielder Adam Engel will be re-evaluated by team doctors tomorrow after straining his right hamstring in spring play today, per Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times (via Twitter). Engel, 29, has a relatively important role on the South Side this season as the fourth outfielder responsible for backing up Eloy Jimenez, Luis Robert, and Adam Eaton. While Engel unequivocally comes in behind those three in the outfield hierarchy, he nevertheless could see significant playing time as the only true reserve outfielder likely to make the roster. Engel had a career year in 2020 with a 122 wRC+ in 93 plate appearances after producing 38 percent below average over his first 1,047 plate appearances. Clearly, the sample size matters, but even if he regresses at the plate, Engel runs well and brings a quality glove to the outfield grass. If he ends up missing time, Leury Garcia would become their top outfield reserve. If Engel is out, that could open up an opportunity for the recently-signed Billy Hamilton or Luis Gonzalez to make the roster. Micker Adolfo, and Blake Rutherford would be the other contenders from the 40-man roster. Adolfo is the only right-handed hitter among that quartet. Elsewhere in the AL…

• The Astros are unexpectedly trying to fill upwards to forty percent of their rotation for the first few weeks of the season. Framber Valdez’s finger injury led to the signing of Jake Odorizzi, but he won’t be ready by opening day. Cristian Javier is also in doubt for the start of the season. That’s opened a window for Brandon Bielak, who impressed manager Dusty Baker with a 70-pitch outing today, per MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart. Bielak worked on getting himself in shape to pitch deeper into games, and it’s showed so far this spring in Baker’s estimation. Bielak made six starts and twelve total appearances in his debut last season. He totaled 32 innings with a 6.75 ERA/7.00 FIP.
    • Top offensive prospects Spencer Torkelson and Riley Greene were re-assigned to minor league camp today by the Tigers, per Chris McCosky of the Detroit News. Neither Torkelson, 21, nor Greene, 20, were expected to sniff the opening day roster, and both struggled throughout spring training. Still, the 1st and 5th overall selections of the past two drafts, respectively, have bright futures ahead of them in Detroit. Torkelson has yet to make his pro debut in a regular season game, while Greene finished his first pro campaign in Single-A.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    After college hoops MLB will be one of the main go to. NBA scares me
    Most definitely will be betting more MLB and NHL once March Madness is done. NBA is tough with all the injuries and stars resting up for the playoffs so I'll pick my spots when it comes to betting that league.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Most definitely will be betting more MLB and NHL once March Madness is done. NBA is tough with all the injuries and stars resting up for the playoffs so I'll pick my spots when it comes to betting that league.

hopefully a good mlb betting year

JAKEPEAVY21

Can't wait for real games in a week or 2.

Looking to attend a day game in the first few weeks of the season.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    hopefully a good mlb betting year
    It's going to be the year of the pitcher.

My advice, dependable workload pitchers are going to be money first few weeks.
    Thing is you'll probably have to lay premium juice with premium starters and I dislike laying juice.

I'm going to target aces on the money line when they start on the road.

Also keep an eye on Seattle, their rotation may be all LHP 1 through 4
    You got a team opposing Seattle that struggles v. LHP, well there might be money there to be made.

Starting Pitcher

This is who I am people, this is what I do.
    I am a professional geek.

Stallion
    Update your status

Great info Nash.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Cubs got lots of drugs, nice work!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Cubs got lots of drugs, nice work!
    A shit load.
    I read that this morning.

Wow!

Looks like I may be right about Dalbec.
    He's been killing it all spring.

stevenash

Royals signed C Salvador Perez to a 4-year $82 million extension with a $13.5 million team option.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Royals signed C Salvador Perez to a 4-year $82 million extension with a $13.5 million team option.
    Just saw this come across the wire. Good for Salvie I've always liked him and he's been a cornerstone of the Royals franchise so its good that they're keeping him around.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Hard to believe he's still only 30 years old, seems like he's been around forever.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    Hard to believe he's still only 30 years old, seems like he's been around forever.
    He was a kid on the championship teams.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Which games are you going to?

Stallion
    Update your status

The Royals have made some great signings this offseason.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    The Royals have made some great signings this offseason.
    I'm loving the new ownership.

Mahomes bought a piece of the Royals too, he's part of this group.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm loving the new ownership.

Mahomes bought a piece of the Royals too, he's part of this group.
    Hopefully they start to win again. I like the Royals orginization they at least try to field a competitive team with a limited budget.

EmpireMaker

The latest on COVID-19 situations throughout the league:

• Tigers starter Spencer Turnbull looks unlikely to return to Spring Training before the end of camp due to health and safety protocols, manager A.J. Hinch told reporters (including Chris McCosky of the Detroit News). Hinch didn’t rule out the possibility of Turnbull taking a turn in the season-opening rotation, although it seems he’s now more likely to be pushed to the back end rather than take the ball on Opening Day.
    • Joey Votto returned to Reds’ camp today after testing positive for COVID-19 eleven days ago. The former MVP is still on Cincinnati’s COVID injured list, but has been cleared for workouts and Spring Training games. It remains to be seen whether Votto will be able to sufficiently ramp up in time for Opening Day, as Reds GM Nick Krall told MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon and other reporters that the team was going to let Votto “get his legs underneath him and go from there. I can’t give you a timetable.”

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

nice contract

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 566

How are Padre day games?

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    How are Padre day games?
    Great so long as you are in the shade.

stevenash

Great so long as you are in the shade.
    I watch the SD home games at home, that sun looks like a killer.

I go to Fenway often, same thing, if Boston has one of those 4:00pm starts and it's sunny (pilots have a term 'unlimited ceiling') trust me, your don't want to be a visiting RF'er, the sun will eat you up.

I went to a White Sox/Red Sox game a while back, White Sox right fielder was Sammy Sosa (remember him as a Chi Sox?) any hoo that Fenway sun made Sammy look stupid, he couldn't see a thing. I also remember just marveling at Sosa's cannon for an arm.
    During batting practice Sosa was messing around in the outfield and he made a throw from the Pesky foul pole to home plate on a clothesline. He threw a frozen rope on line had to be 400 feet in a nanosecond. My jaw dropped.

The best defensive right fielder I ever saw was Dwight Evans, I am way to you to have seen Roberto Clemente but Evans was an incredible defensive right fielder.

He was the only one I ever saw master that Fenway sun.

First ... 19202122232425 ... Last