Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    sony michel for jackson is better than james connor for jackson
    Was getting to you next. My only issue is I have 4 week 7 byes

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO

LT. question on the trade. My trade goes through effective Friday yet the trade was processed Monday afternoon? I’m assuming a 2 day trade period is suffice? Hoping you can fix this as now counting the bye I’m short a player again.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    LT. question on the trade. My trade goes through effective Friday yet the trade was processed Monday afternoon? I’m assuming a 2 day trade period is suffice? Hoping you can fix this as now counting the bye I’m short a player again.
    That is not something I have control over, was the trade not ACCEPTED until Tuesday?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    That is not something I have control over, was the trade not ACCEPTED until Tuesday?
    The trade went through Monday afternoon about 4pm. League managers have option to fix this option in settings

gobucks
    gobucks's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21592

I did not object to the trade, but I would object to changing the rules/settings to accomodate one specific transaction. The trade is still under review for any league managers to object to...guessing that is why the lag time from acceptance to processing.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Actually my error. Trade went through tues 4pm. Old age. Still 2 day window ?

Buckers any thoughts on future trades?

LT Profits

Actually my error. Trade went through tues 4pm. Old age. Still 2 day window ?

Buckers any thoughts on future trades?
    OK then Friday is correct, 2 days to veto then process 3rd day.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

OK then Friday is correct, 2 days to veto then process 3rd day.
    How is that remotely accurate? The veto process is just the same as the processing of the trade

EDIT. Never-mind. Not gonna argue. .
    Last edited by USCPHILLYGUY; 10-09-19 at 12:04 PM.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Question as to risk of injury. Why not just veto the trade as in a sense neither player can play (even though one team trade was processed at 4pm on tues and another on Sunday)

LT Profits

How is that remotely accurate? The veto process is just the same as the processing of the trade

EDIT. Never-mind. Not gonna argue. .
    OK, then processing of trades is always two full days and always processes at Midnight PT. When clock starts at 4:00 ET Tuesday, it does NOT end processing at 4:00 ET Thursday, it gets processed at Midnight PT.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

OK, then processing of trades is always two full days and always processes at Midnight PT. When clock starts at 4:00 ET Tuesday, it does NOT end processing at 4:00 ET Thursday, it gets processed at Midnight PT.
    Regardless we were on the understanding that if trades get approved by game time then they will be processed

if greaser approves as in a sense he does not have Michel available for the week can we veto? Obviously concerned if a player gets hurt.

LT Profits

Anyone can veto but highly doubt this trade gets enough to overturn. And it has always been two days and all transactions have always .processed at Midnight PT with the exception of available free agents claimed during the free-for-all period.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Anyone can veto but highly doubt this trade gets enough to overturn. And it has always been two days and all transactions have always .processed at Midnight PT with the exception of available free agents claimed during the free-for-all period.
    Can you veto the trade? Makes no sense we have 2 Teams that either player can play. Whole reason we approved trade at 4pm was to have it ok’ed by Thursday kickoff

LT Profits

Can you veto the trade? Makes no sense we have 2 Teams that either player can play. Whole reason we approved trade at 4pm was to have it ok’ed by Thursday kickoff
    Then you should have known better, when have you EVER seen a trade processed in the middle of the day? if you wanted guys on your roster Thursday, trade needed to be accepted on Monday, just like it has always been.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Then you should have known better, when have you EVER seen a trade processed in the middle of the day? if you wanted guys on your roster Thursday, trade needed to be accepted on Monday, just like it has always been.
    how in the fuk are you gonna tell me we should have known better? The Fukin trade went through at 4pm. We ALL assumed the trade was going through

LT Profits

Look Philly, you have been in this league since its inception God knows how many years ago. So yes, you should know that trades always process overnight (well, Midnight PT), the same way free agent claims during the waiver period do on Wednesdays. It is not as if there was a rule change or something, trades have always processed the morning after the second full day, that's why I prefer to think of it as the third day. Besides, you will have Michel going forward, it is not as if you made the trade for this week only.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

So the only benefit to a veto is if somebody gets injured one of us is lucky and the other is unlucky. I say let’s roll the dice.

grease lightnin
    &

If the trade goes through it processes as of wk 7 so we both get to use the players this week, right?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    So the only benefit to a veto is if somebody gets injured one of us is lucky and the other is unlucky. I say let’s roll the dice.
    Injury risk is always there so it should be a non-factor in vetoing a trade.

LT Profits

If the trade goes through it processes as of wk 7 so we both get to use the players this week, right?
    I THINK you can play Jackson on Sunday.

Note: This trade will be processed on Friday, Oct 11 for Week 6. If the traded players have already played in Week 6 and were in a starting lineup, then the trade will be processed for Week 7 instead. If you've set your lineup for future dates, those changes will be reset to match your lineup for the day players are added.

Note that it says "traded players" plural, which I take to mean that trade only get pushed to Week 7 if all players involved played Thursday and were in starting lineup.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Look Philly, you have been in this league since its inception God knows how many years ago. So yes, you should know that trades always process overnight (well, Midnight PT), the same way free agent claims during the waiver period do on Wednesdays. It is not as if there was a rule change or something, trades have always processed the morning after the second full day, that's why I prefer to think of it as the third day. Besides, you will have Michel going forward, it is not as if you made the trade for this week only.
    LT apologies for my outburst. Honestly assumed the trades are approved during the times listed.

thank you again.

grease lightnin
    &

I THINK you can play Jackson on Sunday.

Note: This trade will be processed on Friday, Oct 11 for Week 6. If the traded players have already played in Week 6 and were in a starting lineup, then the trade will be processed for Week 7 instead. If you've set your lineup for future dates, those changes will be reset to match your lineup for the day players are added.

Note that it says "traded players" plural, which I take to mean that trade only get pushed to Week 7 if all players involved played Thursday and were in starting lineup.

But then if I keep Michel on my roster for Thursday and then he leaves Friday, will those points count or will it be an empty roster spot?

Wait... he won’t leave Friday... so he would leave Tuesday??

I see what you are saying LT, but my office mate is adamant that he thinks it will be pushed to next week.
    Last edited by grease lightnin; 10-09-19 at 03:02 PM.

LT Profits

This is a real head-scratcher because the wording at Yahoo is quite sketchy. Logically, I would think that ANY player involved in a trade that started on Thursday should push trade to next week, just like your office mate says. But if you take what I quoted from Yahoo above literally, they make it sound like you can get a double benefit, i.e., start BOTH Michel and Jackson. I am more inclined to agree with your office mate and proceed accordingly. Meaning, decide who you would rather start between Michel and Jackson but not both. If it is Michel, then start him under the assumption that Jackson would then be unavailable as the trade would be processed Week 7 (Tuesday). If you would rather start Jackson, then BENCH Michel and the trade will process Friday.

grease lightnin
    &

This is a real head-scratcher because the wording at Yahoo is quite sketchy. Logically, I would think that ANY player involved in a trade that started on Thursday should push trade to next week, just like your office mate says. But if you take what I quoted from Yahoo above literally, they make it sound like you can get a double benefit, i.e., start BOTH Michel and Jackson. I am more inclined to agree with your office mate and proceed accordingly. Meaning, decide who you would rather start between Michel and Jackson but not both. If it is Michel, then start him under the assumption that Jackson would then be unavailable as the trade would be processed Week 7 (Tuesday). If you would rather start Jackson, then BENCH Michel and the trade will process Friday.
    Well based on the wording, Michel will definitely not be processed until wk 7 because he plays Thursday.... so I can’t lose by playing him, right?

LT Profits

Well based on the wording, Michel will definitely not be processed until wk 7 because he plays Thursday.... so I can’t lose by playing him, right?
    No, trade will process Friday of you bench Michel. "If the traded players have already played in Week 6 and were in a starting lineup, then the trade will be processed for Week 7 instead. "

grease lightnin
    &

No, trade will process Friday of you bench Michel. "If the traded players have already played in Week 6 and were in a starting lineup, then the trade will be processed for Week 7 instead. "
    Why in God’s name would I bench him?

That would be like benching Jaylen Samuels 1st round of playoffs last year.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47539

gl with the trade logistics

worst case scenario pick up a player off waivers to fill your roster gl

LT Profits

Why in God’s name would I bench him?

That would be like benching Jaylen Samuels 1st round of playoffs last year.
    Up to you, you made the trade to upgrade QB, so do you want that upgrade this week or next week.

grease lightnin
    &

Up to you, you made the trade to upgrade QB, so do you want that upgrade this week or next week.

What would keep me from playing both Jackson and Michel this week?

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

What would keep me from playing both Jackson and Michel this week?
    the trade wont go through until monday if you play sony

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    the trade wont go through until monday if you play sony
    This is my feeling too and the way it should be, but the wording at Yahoo is ambiguous.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

the trade wont go through, you cant trade a player who has played. even though you guys accept tuesday its not final until veto period is over. he wont be tradeable once his teams game is played

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

no lines for this weeks games (or final standings)?

grease lightnin
    &

This is my feeling too and the way it should be, but the wording at Yahoo is ambiguous.

Yes, this is from Yahoo’s help page:

• If a player in an active roster spot is involved in a trade, the trade will get pushed back and will process for the upcoming week. In order to have the trade processed for the current week, the team that owned the player who was involved with the early week game would need to bench that player. It's not possible for a manager to actively use a player and then trade that same player before the week has been completed.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

Just put me in the hamburger league

another defense put 25 on me

First ... 13141516171819 ... Last