rickie65
    Update your status
    rickie65's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4370

I don't get how they are going to score the pit crews. Does Gordo lose 20 or whatever as the only car that came in? And kyle losing 40 or whatever for the penalty?

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Quote Originally Posted by rickie65 View Post
    I don't get how they are going to score the pit crews. Does Gordo lose 20 or whatever as the only car that came in? And kyle losing 40 or whatever for the penalty?
    Good question, IDK when I picked my pit crew, I went off Last Years Ranking ( It Was Beside Their Names). Plus I figured Denny was fast all week so his Crew was on their game.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29112

1 of my picks are already in the garage

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Too many accidents tonight

Bad driving

Patrick crashes again although I don't think it was her fault

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Too many accidents tonight

Bad driving

Patrick crashes again although I don't think it was her fault
    I gotta agree, THIS time it wasn't her fault, she was running solid, But I'D Still take Her against "King Petty" in a modern Bobby Riggs Vs. Billie Jean King Race.

jjgold

I'm watching the race although don't usually watch NASCAR but I got To learn game because I'm going head-to-head with Mike in a $5000 bet later in the year

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29112

I'm watching the race although don't usually watch NASCAR but I got To learn game because I'm going head-to-head with Mike in a $5000 bet later in the year

WHO ME?

jjgold

Is this some sort of a record for crashes in the Daytona 500?

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Damn had 2,3,4 and still finished 7th. This is fun though. Congrats Leafer!

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Is this some sort of a record for crashes in the Daytona 500?

Not even

Vegas39

Good job Leafer

15th of 16

CarolinaDaze

Gonna make sure scores stay the same, i'll pay out tomorrow night. H*ll of a start to this year, real games begins next week in Phoenix .

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

Not sure how I finished 8th, but I will take it.

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Dale S.r looking down smiling from heaven tonight

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by ProPicker713 View Post
    Dale S.r looking down smiling from heaven tonight
    I was thinking the same thing, 3's in the Air 2 Night Brother

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDaze View Post
    I wanted to revisit this idea from last year, but was gonna let things settle in 1st week but..... Any of you guys who play poker here, i'd like to play every week or every other week, to complete our Poker Roll Overs. I'm thinking maybe we start 15-30 minutes after the race starts? Its a time where we are all watching the race, so we should be near our CPs. If I gotta lose, at least it would be to you guys who could use the points for weekly entries?
    Sounds good. Although between watching the tv, leaderboard and checking the forum and other sites race time can get a bit busy for poker as well I think.

CarolinaDaze

1-RyanLeafOfBets 265.5
    2- $$Carolina$$Daze$$ 264
    3- GP 261.5
    (t)MikeMcA 261.5
    5 mikejamm235.5
    6 rickie65 222
    7 Noles1992 202
    8 onlooker 194
    9 Miklos 191
    10 uncle vinny 180

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1536

This is fuk'in bullshit! 3 of my drivers finish in the top 5, 1st, 2nd, and 4th, better than anybody else above me in the top 5 in our league and I end up in 5th place? This is the most fuk'ed up stupid scoring system I have ever seen! Awarding bullshit "Place Differential" points for drivers just go'in around in fuk'in circles and not doing shit!

My drivers also had the highest "Finish Position" and more "Laps Led" than any of the 4 of you that finished ahead of me! This is not racing it's a fuk'in dart throwing contest!

I don't know why you guys didn't stick with Fox Fantasy Racing, like we initially agreed upon! It has good basic scoring like espn had and awards bonus points for the right categories, not like this stupid shit we have go'in on here!

How ironic I finished 3rd over there with 291 points, which is still higher than the top score here! Yeah I know its two totally different scoring systems, but still, at least the one at Fox makes fuk'in sense!

Pretty amazing how none of you guys in the top 4 even had the Winner, 2nd, and 4th place like me. And CD wast the only other guy to have 2 drivers in the top 5.

We should have, at the very least, had everybody sign up at both sites and that way we could have made an A to B comparison. The scoring here makes absolutely no sense at at and is certainly not a correct way to score a race.

I'll stick it out because I'm committed, but if this is any indication of how this season will play out, it's gonna be a long and ridiculous boring ass no fuk'in skill involved year. Of which I wont' be returning.

I ask you guys, go over and look at our SBR group, (The SBR Nascar Elite Team) and the 9 guys who did field a team at the Fox Fantasy Racing site there, and honestly tell me this shit here makes more sense than the scoring system used there.

CarolinaDaze

Hate you look at it like that Jamm, you finished 5th , one away from cashing out of 25 players. This is not some who can pick the highest finishers like last year, its the total package. (Can u pass someone, how many laps can u lead, can u finish higher than u started, etc.) I'll return your entry fee tomorrow unless you see the light, I bet theres 20 players who wish they started where you did in the yearly.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    This is fuk'in bullshit! 3 of my drivers finish in the top 5, 1st, 2nd, and 4th, better than anybody else above me in the top 5 in our league and I end up in 5th place? This is the most fuk'ed up stupid scoring system I have ever seen! Awarding bullshit "Place Differential" points for drivers just go'in around in fuk'in circles and not doing shit!

My drivers also had the highest "Finish Position" and more "Laps Led" than any of the 4 of you that finished ahead of me! This is not racing it's a fuk'in dart throwing contest!

I don't know why you guys didn't stick with Fox Fantasy Racing, like we initially agreed upon! It has good basic scoring like espn had and awards bonus points for the right categories, not like this stupid shit we have go'in on here!

How ironic I finished 3rd over there with 291 points, which is still higher than the top score here! Yeah I know its two totally different scoring systems, but still, at least the one at Fox makes fuk'in sense!

Pretty amazing how none of you guys in the top 4 even had the Winner, 2nd, and 4th place like me. And CD wast the only other guy to have 2 drivers in the top 5.

We should have, at the very least, had everybody sign up at both sites and that way we could have made an A to B comparison. The scoring here makes absolutely no sense at at and is certainly not a correct way to score a race.

I'll stick it out because I'm committed, but if this is any indication of how this season will play out, it's gonna be a long and ridiculous boring ass no fuk'in skill involved year. Of which I wont' be returning.

I ask you guys, go over and look at our SBR group, (The SBR Nascar Elite Team) and the 9 guys who did field a team at the Fox Fantasy Racing site there, and honestly tell me this shit here makes more sense than the scoring system used there.
    Yeah but the thing is you should have known the scoring system before signing up, keeping in mind the contenders that qualified in back of the pack. Someone even posted either earlier in this thread or toward the end of the 2013 thread when we were going over the rules that positions gained would be a game-changer this year, the only people surprised should be the people that joined at the last minute without reading either the threads of the rules.

Now are the rules silly? Yeah a bit, I agree tha the most emphasis should be placed on finishing position, and positions gained should be fractionalized. But it is what it is and we are all playing by the same rules.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

mikejamm

"Can you pass someone?" Come on CD! This is bullshit and you know it! There is no skill or researched involved in just picking middle of the pack drivers who will earn more points based on a fuk'ed up scoring system. I won 2 outta the 4 main fuk'in scoring categories above you top 4 owners, and you all finished better than me because of some shit call Place Differential? And I'm not even taking into account that bullshit "bonus" category, which is also a fuk'in joke.

None of you even picked the fuk'in winner of the damn race! Which obviously rewards a mediocre shit driver more points than a top driver who keeps his position throughout the race! Oh yeah and by the way those 20 other players you're talk'in about are already fuk'in out of for the segment based on this type of scoring bullshit!

I choose my drivers base on past research and how they've run at that particular track. Obviously that is out the fuk'in window here, because if you pick the guys who are most likely to run up front or run good at certain tracks based on their past stats, you gonna get fuk'ed up the ass by some nobody driver who qualified poorly and doesn't lead a single lap!

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Yeah but the thing is you should have known the scoring system before signing up, keeping in mind the contenders that qualified in back of the pack. Someone even posted either earlier in this thread or toward the end of the 2013 thread when we were going over the rules that positions gained would be a game-changer this year, the only people surprised should be the people that joined at the last minute without reading either the threads of the rules.

Now are the rules silly? Yeah a bit, I agree tha the most emphasis should be placed on finishing position, and positions gained should be fractionalized. But it is what it is and we are all playing by the same rules.
    No offense LT, but get a clue! This isn't my first fuk'in rodeo and I did read the rules. So tell me, how is it an accurate system and where are the stats or magical predictions on how many cars a guy will pass in a damn race? There are none. It's fuk'in crap shoot luck and based on no statistical analysis at all. If Nascar scored drivers this way, everybody would fuk up their car and start at the back of the field every damn week. And by the way, there wasn't shit posted on this in 2013 because we were still at espn. This is only coming to light now because of the ridiculous scoring brought about by this fuk'in stupid PD category. All it does is penalize a good qualifying driver and gives more credit to ones who start further back.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

No offense LT, but get a clue! This isn't my first fuk'in rodeo and I did read the rules. So tell me, how is it an accurate system and where are the stats or magical predictions on how many cars a guy will pass in a damn race? There are none. It's fuk'in crap shoot luck and based on no statistical analysis at all. If Nascar scored drivers this way, everybody would fuk up their car and start at the back of the field every damn week. And by the way, there wasn't shit posted on this in 2013 because we were still at espn. This is only coming to light now because of the ridiculous scoring brought about by this fuk'in stupid PD category. All it does is penalize a good qualifying driver and gives more credit to ones who start further back.
    Averge Start/Avergae Finish stats?

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

You read the rules and develop a strategy by evaluating which drivers have upside based on the scoring system.I would have taken Kenseth and Hamlin on ESPN but in this format the upside wasn't that great.

And anyone who did bad isn't out of it at all.That is probably the biggest difference between the two sites.More ways to get points = more variance from week to week.
    Points Awarded:

CarolinaDaze gave mikemca 70 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Also the season happened to kick off with one of the races that will have the highest PDs of the year, as will the other plate races.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

fukkin mikejam bitches about everything

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Blimey it's only fantasy for points

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Since you were all huffy and puffy I went and looked at Fox which I did for the first time since I never bothered to look since we weren't playing there.

It kind of proves that you didn't read either set of rules.

They have almost the same scoring including PLACE DIFFERENTIAL.

Do you even know why you did pretty good at FOX?

Because you made Jimmy Johnson your captain which gets you double points.

Do you know why he got so many points?

BECAUSE OF PLACE DIFFERENTIAL!!

CarolinaDaze

This is how I picked my drivers, I took Kennseth cause he always runs good at Daytona, and I was counting on him leading 30+ laps (since we get points for Leading Laps, Denny would have worked here also). Then I took 2-3 Drivers from the back for Position Differential, there was at least 4 to chose from ( JJ, Kevin H, Brad K, Even Michael W.) And lastly we all had to have a crappy driver so I got lucky with Reed S. Last year it was all about winning & finishing good, this year there's more strategy involved.

With that said, it is what it is, lots of people are p*ssed that ESPN discontinued there game. I always pay winners on Monday, but this week I'm going to pay out & set up Phoenix on Wednesday. I'll give all players a chance to decide if you still want to play our contest this year. If not no hard feeling, I'll refund your entries, and Thank You for helping us get to 25 players. After Wednesday afternoon no refunds.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Since you were all huffy and puffy I went and looked at Fox which I did for the first time since I never bothered to look since we weren't playing there.

It kind of proves that you didn't read either set of rules.

They have almost the same scoring including PLACE DIFFERENTIAL.

Do you even know why you did pretty good at FOX?

Because you made Jimmy Johnson your captain which gets you double points.

Do you know why he got so many points?

BECAUSE OF PLACE DIFFERENTIAL!!
    funny thing is, JJ earned 134 (doubled). Dale earned 112 when doubled. PD makes a big difference because they award one point per place improved, and JJ qualified 32nd (Dale 9th).
    Points Awarded:

shaunovery gave yisman 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vegas39

Holy Shit MikeJamm throwing a bitch fit over a fun little game. Jesus grow the fukk up and also learn to read rules before playing

rickie65
    Update your status
    rickie65's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4370

[QUOTE=mikejamm;21234586 I choose my drivers base on past research and how they've run at that particular track. Obviously that is out the fuk'in window here, because if you pick the guys who are most likely to run up front or run good at certain tracks based on their past stats, you gonna get fuk'ed up the ass by some nobody driver who qualified poorly and doesn't lead a single lap![/QUOTE]

dude, how is that info "out the fukin window"? you're not gonna take nemechek cuz he started 43rd and ride him to victory (BTW....I am now officially offering a 500 pt bonus to anyone who wins a week with nemechek on their roster lol). It's knowing who is good at a track and taking advantage of poor starting position. There's risk involved with taking guys in the back never leading a lap or getting caught up in something and having a bad finish, but there are extra rewards for the good finish. It's a gamble..something we all seem to enjoy around here
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1682

Wow the conflicts.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Thanks guys! Friends and I played Nascar.com a few years ago, was just hoping to chuck darts at Daytona since it's such a crapshoot.
    Points Awarded:

CarolinaDaze gave RyanLeafOfBets 725 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    funny thing is, JJ earned 134 (doubled). Dale earned 112 when doubled. PD makes a big difference because they award one point per place improved, and JJ qualified 32nd (Dale 9th).
    My point exactly! JJ earned more points for starting in the back and Dale Jr was rewarded less for running up at the front most of the race! Yeah real great fuk'in system! And mikemca, you're full of shit. They do not have the same fuk'in scoring categories! The only reason you are awarded additional points is because you are selecting one driver as you team captain! Not because of PLACE DIFFERENTIAL! It's you who needs to to back and read the fuk'in rules.

Bottom line it's a shitty format and the one at Fox is way better. Whatever, call it fuk'in variance if you want to, I call it fuk'in stupid. Here's a cheat sheet everybody, just start all the fuk'in drivers who are at the back every week! Fuk'in shitty site, No break up of segments, something Fox also has, took forever just to log on to the damn place, just ask Yisman!
    Last edited by mikejamm; 02-25-14 at 06:34 AM.

First ... 567891011 ... Last