pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

PAC10 is a disgrace

I don't see them winning any bowl games this year. They should be dropped from BCS and let the big boys compete. What a joke!

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's one game. And let's be honest, despite the ranking, ASU was about the fifth best team in the Pac-10 this season.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I don't see them winning any bowl games this year. They should be dropped from BCS and let the big boys compete. What a joke!
    I take it you'll be playing the Illini on the ML?

Thanks for reminding me.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Will see how Oregon fairs in their bowl game. As of now they are almost a TD dog to the 4th best team in Big East. I'm not that impressed.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    I take it you'll be playing the Illini on the ML?

Thanks for reminding me.
    I'm pounding all the PAC10 teams as we speak. It's kinda fun!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Oregon lost their starting QB.. It's not that the Pac-10 isn't good it's that they don't have heart.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Oregon lost their starting QB.. It's not that the Pac-10 isn't good it's that they don't have heart.
    I think they also don't have defense

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

With Denny Dixon at the helm, Oregon is a competitive football team. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. His injury really was a season ender.

That said, I do think the PAC 10 failed to meet expectations this year. USC had plenty of injuries to overcome and they still managed to lose to Stanford. AZ St was never deserving of their high ranking. The team that accomplished the most I say was Oregon St.

imgv94

Pac-10 is 3-2 now in bowls. Tomorrow they will be 4-2

Could be 5-1 if it weren't for UCLA chip shot FG getting blocked.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

another Pac-10 basher....it gets annoying year after year to deal with these people. Outside the SEC, the Pac-10 is probably the best conference and you could make a somewhat strong case that the pac-10 is as good as the SEC too....

imgv94

Buddybear is soooooo right. SEC #1 Pac-10 #2..

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

pavy u are right 2 me pac10 is 3rd behind 1sec, 2big12?{oka&tex} 3 pac10 ,,,,, oh i do like illinois 2 win outright, yes i do = but i did take oregon over that little school in fla.
    Last edited by sweethook; 12-31-07 at 07:01 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Is there a PAC10 team playing an SEC team? If yes, let me know.

Cal made Air Force look like an NFL team today. If PAC10 is so good why don't they send them play with SEC? ASU was ridiculed by the worst Texas team of last 10 years.

Florida, Georgia, LSU, Auburn can beat the best PAC10 team with double digits and the lowlifes of Cal Oregon and ASU will be routed by halftime.

imgv94

pavy I give you credit for coming back into this thread.. Mad props.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think that if dennis dixon had remained healthy the ducks would be favored in the national title game. i certainly would like to see an oregon vs any sec team in that game. would be much more exciting than ohio state. not sure why usc is a 14 point favorite today?

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by idontlikerocks View Post
    inot sure why usc is a 14 point favorite today?
    Because they are playing in Pasadena, and are playing a team that shouldnt be in a BCS bowl... less deserving than Hawaii

Its a joke Missouri was left out of a BCS bowl infavor of Illinois

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Its a joke Missouri was left out of a BCS bowl infavor of Illinois
    Partially agree. Yes, it's a joke Mizzou didn't get a BCS bid, but the joke is that Kansas got the nod ahead of them. I don't have any problem with Illinois being in the Rose, and because you can't have more than 2 teams from the same conference in BCS bowls, Kansas should have been left out, not Illinois.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

As good as the SEC is...I think OU or Missouri would beat any of them at any neutral site! Arkansas beat LSU on their field and how did the Razorbacks hold up today vs Mizzou? OU lost one of their games with Bradford being knocked out and he's healthy again! We've yet to see how OU or Kansas will perform but I think the Big 12 was as good as anyone this year! Hell Okie State alone has Top 10 talent in the nation on offense!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

SEC plays on Monday. All the haters play this week.

imgv94

Pac-10

4-2 S/U
    5-1 ATS

Close thread

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is there a PAC10 team playing an SEC team? If yes, let me know.

Cal made Air Force look like an NFL team today. If PAC10 is so good why don't they send them play with SEC? ASU was ridiculed by the worst Texas team of last 10 years.

Florida, Georgia, LSU, Auburn can beat the best PAC10 team with double digits and the lowlifes of Cal Oregon and ASU will be routed by halftime.
    Ahem....

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxsco...d=200709010059

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

PAC10 teams beat Air Force, Maryland, USF, Illinois.

Where is the SEC team they beat and why don't they play for the championship? Because PAC10 teams they were ranked 3 times #1 this year and they blew.

imgv94

SEC's Florida lost to Michigan.. Oregon killed Michigan @ the big house too.

Oregon killed So.Florida with a 4th string QB.
    So. Florida beat SEC's Auburn @ Auburn.

Now what?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

SEC's Florida lost to Michigan.. Oregon killed Michigan @ the big house too.

Oregon killed So.Florida with a 4th string QB.
    So. Florida beat SEC's Auburn @ Auburn.

Now what?
    Does this mean Oregon will beat Florida? If I use your logic then Georgia beats Hawaii which is undeafeted and therefore becomes national champion. If PAC10 was good it would have 2 teams in the BCS and not playing on the December bowl games. Only USC managed to make it to a January bowl. Are you implying that the committee ignored the PAC10 and didn't offer them good Bowl games. It is much easier to beat Air Force than Michigan unless you think Michigan is shittier than Air Force.

DrunkenLullaby

Silly me, I thought the discussion was limited to games played this year.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenLullaby View Post
    Silly me, I thought the discussion was limited to games played this year.
    The reason I pointed out last year's game was to show you that the underdog beat the favorite last year whereas the favorite beat the underdog this year. I leave it up to you to judge which is harder to do.

DrunkenLullaby

First of all, I happen to think that the SEC is by far the best conference this year. No-one else even comes close.

HOWEVER, the SEC & Pac-10 played each other in one game the entire season, and Cal beat Tennessee handily. So while I agree with your conclusion, your argument is horrible.

imgv94

I think the SEC is the best conference too. Pac-10 close 2nd and Big 12 close third.

Pac-10 no disgrace.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I think the SEC is the best conference too. Pac-10 close 2nd and Big 12 close third.

Pac-10 no disgrace.
    Yes I agree PAC10 teams are better than ACC, Big10, Big East, Independents. This is why they won the Bowl games with teams from these conferences.

I'm not sure they can win bowl games if their opponents were Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Texas, LSU, Georgia, Auburn or Florida. Maybe USC can beat one of the above on a good day.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

This is such a stupid thread. This guy has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. Not win a bowl game...you were only off by 4 games and should have been 5. Oregon only played their 10th string QB and destroyed a USF team that was ranked #2 in the middle of the year. USC destroyed Illinois, a team that beat the #1 team on the road this year. Oregon State beat a very good Maryland team...a team that is well coached and had great bowl success in recently years. CAL came back down 21 pts to a very good team as well....okay, wow, ASU got blown out...keep reminding everyone as that is conclusive evidence that the Pac-10 blows....

imgv94

buddy backing up the Pac-10

I love it b

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Oh and by the way, long before USC began their domination of the college football world, other Pac-10 teams were doing quite well for themselves on the national stage.

Oregon #2 2001 (Destroyed Big 12 champ Colorado in Fiesta Bowl)

Washington #3 2000 (destroyed Purdue and Drew Brees in the Rose Bowl)

Oregon State #4 2000 (Destroyed ND in Fiesta bowl and would have beat either Florida State or Oklahoma but their name is Oregon State)

Arizona #4 in 1998

Even with all that, when you look at the individual matchups you see that the Pac-10 has pretty much quietly taken care of business in NCAAF for quite some time now. Sure they've lost some games but the wins they've had are strong in relation to other conferences. Pound for pound the pac-10 and SEC are the best conferences.....

In the last half decade or so, look at what the Pac-10 has accomplished:

ASU beating Rutgers, Northwestern (2 times), Iowa, Purdue (Sun Bowl),

CAL has beaten Illinois, Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Michigan State (ranked #10 at the time),

Oregon has beaten Fresno State, Oklahoma, Mississippi St (2 times), Michigan (twice), Wisconsin, etc...

Oregon State beat Boise State (in Boise), Notre Dame (2 times in bowl games), Missouri, Maryland, etc...

USC blew out ARK (2 times), Nebraska (twice), Notre Dame (6 times in a row), destroyed Michigan (2 times), Fresno St, destoryed Iowa (Orange Bowl), Virginia Tech, Auburn (2 times), Oklahoma, Colorado, Illinois,

UCLA beat Northwestern (Sun Bowl), Oklahoma, Illinois, Oklahoma St, Michigan...should have beat ND but Dorrell got much too conservative in the 2nd half.

Washington beat Indiana, Purdue (Rose Bowl), Michigan (should have been twice but poor play calling by Neushial)

WSU beat Colorado, Texas, Purdue, Boise St...should have beat ND three years ago in Doba's first game.

And on and on...

Sorry but your thread is idiotic and has no basis whatsoever in reality...to think the Pac-10 would not win a bowl game shows how stupid your thinking is.
    Last edited by BuddyBear; 01-01-08 at 09:58 PM.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Oh and by the way, long before USC began their domination of the college football world, other Pac-10 teams were doing quite well for themselves on the national stage.

Oregon #2 2001 (Destroyed Big 12 champ Colorado in Fiesta Bowl)

Washington #3 2000 (destroyed Purdue and Drew Brees in the Rose Bowl)

Oregon State #4 2000 (Destroyed ND in Fiesta bowl and would have beat either Florida State or Oklahoma but their name is Oregon State)

Arizona #4 in 1998

Even with all that, when you look at the individual matchups you see that the Pac-10 has pretty much quietly taken care of business in NCAAF for quite some time now. Sure they've lost some games but the wins they've had are strong in relation to other conferences. Pound for pound the pac-10 and SEC are the best conferences.....

In the last half decade or so, look at what the Pac-10 has accomplished:

ASU beating Rutgers, Northwestern (2 times), Iowa, Purdue (Sun Bowl),

CAL has beaten Illinois, Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Michigan State (ranked #10 at the time),

Oregon has beaten Fresno State, Oklahoma, Mississippi St (2 times), Michigan (twice), Wisconsin, etc...

Oregon State beat Boise State (in Boise), Notre Dame (2 times in bowl games), Missouri, Maryland, etc...

USC blew out ARK (2 times), Nebraska (twice), Notre Dame (6 times in a row), destroyed Michigan (2 times), Fresno St, destoryed Iowa (Orange Bowl), Virginia Tech, Auburn (2 times), Oklahoma, Colorado, Illinois,

UCLA beat Northwestern (Sun Bowl), Oklahoma, Illinois, Oklahoma St, Michigan...should have beat ND but Dorrell got much too conservative in the 2nd half.

Washington beat Indiana, Purdue (Rose Bowl), Michigan (should have been twice but poor play calling by Neushial)

WSU beat Colorado, Texas, Purdue, Boise St...should have beat ND three years ago in Doba's first game.

And on and on...

Sorry but your thread is idiotic and has no basis whatsoever in reality...to think the Pac-10 would not win a bowl game shows how stupid your thinking is.

Now the thread can be closed

you get em b

12 Last