DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The reason I pointed out last year's game was to show you that the underdog beat the favorite last year whereas the favorite beat the underdog this year. I leave it up to you to judge which is harder to do.
    It just dawned on me that as part of your argument the SEC is superior to the Pac10, you chose to point out that Cal was favored over Tennessee 2 years in a row. Interesting choice of supporting facts to say the least.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Keep dreaming on your West Coast world. SEC rules and PAC10 blows.

DrunkenLullaby

Please stop Aristotle from spinning in his grave and remove his quote from your tagline. Any philosopher worth his salt would be embarrassed by your inability to form a logically sound argument.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenLullaby View Post
    Please stop Aristotle from spinning in his grave and remove his quote from your tagline. Any philosopher worth his salt would be embarrassed by your inability to form a logically sound argument.
    I'm afraid to inform you that Aristotle will not be spinning in his grave because he was cremated and his ashes are spread all over the Aegean.

Even Aristotle knows that SEC is better than PAC10.

DrunkenLullaby

I'm afraid to inform you that Aristotle will not be spinning in his grave because he was cremated and his ashes are spread all over the Aegean.
    That's funny. One point for Pavy.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Keep dreaming on your West Coast world. SEC rules and PAC10 blows.
    http://www.sportsline.com/collegefoo...20070901_TN@CA

DrunkenLullaby

Beat you to it imgv!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Oh and by the way, long before USC began their domination of the college football world, other Pac-10 teams were doing quite well for themselves on the national stage.

Oregon #2 2001 (Destroyed Big 12 champ Colorado in Fiesta Bowl)

Washington #3 2000 (destroyed Purdue and Drew Brees in the Rose Bowl)

Oregon State #4 2000 (Destroyed ND in Fiesta bowl and would have beat either Florida State or Oklahoma but their name is Oregon State)

Arizona #4 in 1998

Even with all that, when you look at the individual matchups you see that the Pac-10 has pretty much quietly taken care of business in NCAAF for quite some time now. Sure they've lost some games but the wins they've had are strong in relation to other conferences. Pound for pound the pac-10 and SEC are the best conferences.....

In the last half decade or so, look at what the Pac-10 has accomplished:

ASU beating Rutgers, Northwestern (2 times), Iowa, Purdue (Sun Bowl),

CAL has beaten Illinois, Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Michigan State (ranked #10 at the time),

Oregon has beaten Fresno State, Oklahoma, Mississippi St (2 times), Michigan (twice), Wisconsin, etc...

Oregon State beat Boise State (in Boise), Notre Dame (2 times in bowl games), Missouri, Maryland, etc...

USC blew out ARK (2 times), Nebraska (twice), Notre Dame (6 times in a row), destroyed Michigan (2 times), Fresno St, destoryed Iowa (Orange Bowl), Virginia Tech, Auburn (2 times), Oklahoma, Colorado, Illinois,

UCLA beat Northwestern (Sun Bowl), Oklahoma, Illinois, Oklahoma St, Michigan...should have beat ND but Dorrell got much too conservative in the 2nd half.

Washington beat Indiana, Purdue (Rose Bowl), Michigan (should have been twice but poor play calling by Neushial)

WSU beat Colorado, Texas, Purdue, Boise St...should have beat ND three years ago in Doba's first game.

And on and on...

Sorry but your thread is idiotic and has no basis whatsoever in reality...to think the Pac-10 would not win a bowl game shows how stupid your thinking is.
    Out of the hundreds of teams you listed I only see one SEC team!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenLullaby View Post
    Beat you to it imgv!

DrunkenLullaby

Out of the hundreds of teams you listed I only see one SEC team!
    Try again Aristotle. Hint: The answer is not one ....or two ....or three !

First 12