puttn4par
    puttn4par's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by champs123 View Post
    I think the fairy tail comes to an end thursday night at Rutgers27-21!

And who have Rutgers beat this year?????? Buffalo, Navy, Norfolk State, oh and don't let me forget Syracuse!!!!!!
    Congratulations Rutgers!!!!!!!! What a joke... By the way you guys lost to Maryland and Cincinnati....HAHAHAHA Louisville and that overrated QB can beat Cincinnati... Put the crack pipe down wannabe Sharp better!!!!!!!

jpowderly
    I have alzheimer's disease
    jpowderly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

sf is for real and the weather forecast High: 75°
    Low: 67° rutgers is not the same team as last year and sf is much better than last year. i will take the better defense sf and slightly
    better offense. no bull !!! i mean go bulls !!!

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    And just what has Rutgers done this year ?

Beat Buffalo, Navy, Norfolk St, and Syracuse

Lost Maryland, and Cinncinnati

What is impressive ?
    Nothing really. But it's hard for me to ignore that South Florida hasn't given up 100 yards rushing to a back since the last time it played Rutgers, and Rice went for 202 in that game.

There's so much parity in the Big East. We've seen this script before. Highly ranked team takes to the road against another mid/upper-tier BE team, is a slight RF, and goes home with its tail between its legs. I just think it happens again here.

There's a big difference in taking a young team +7 when it is playing with no pressure and taking it -3 when it is playing with all the pressure in the world.

I'm not saying Rut is the play of the week or anything, it's a minimum play for me, but I am certain it is the right side of the game. Whether it wins or not won't be known for 24 hours, but I am satisfied with taking a FG with a team that I feel should be favored in the football game.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone playing the total in this game? I really like the over at 52. Rutgers game totals have hit in the 50s for 4 straight and the Bull have gone over in 3 of their last 5. I believe S.FLA will be out to show it is a legit team by putting up some pts.

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post

You're missing a couple days this week bro. Giants/Falcons was Monday night (not last night), USF/Rutgers is tomorrow night(not tonight), today is Wednesday.
    Too funny...

puttn4par
    puttn4par's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OrionSky View Post
    Too funny...
    hee hee

t2wentyfou4r
    t2wentyfou4r's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did everyone forget what South Flor defense do to West Virg. and there high powered running game. West Virg has two great running backs, and a great running QB, and was shut down. Rutgers has one main threat, and Ray Rice will be stopped.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Anyone playing the total in this game? I really like the over at 52. Rutgers game totals have hit in the 50s for 4 straight and the Bull have gone over in 3 of their last 5. I believe S.FLA will be out to show it is a legit team by putting up some pts.
    Overs basically hit vs. nobodies......or the line was set a bit shorter of what it is for this one. Obviously the "potential" is there for an Over, if both teams stay focused I can see pts being hard to come by.

Actually surprised there wasn't more TOTAL discussion on this.

Small Thurs nite Under52.5 for me.
    Also like USF here.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    It's those games that have USF so badly overrated. USF went to an Auburn team which was playing horribly, had a +5 TO margin, and still couldn't win until OT! At home against WVU, USF was outgained by 163 yards but won because of a +3 TO margin!
    Sure, you can say that you make your own breaks. But that's an awful lot of TOs to be getting to be barely winning games.
    This is a team that has played one road game besides Auburn, and outgained mighty Florida Atlantic by 13 yards. The way Ray Rice ran through this defense last year, the way Rutgers has played at home the last couple years, the pressure on USF, the weather (the farthest north that USF has traveled is southern Alabama) ... I'm pretty confident that Rutgers is the play.

Great post with terrific points Razz. It's nice to see someone who looks further into WHY a particular game was won, not just at the final score. Good luck today
    Last edited by BigBollocks; 10-18-07 at 11:16 AM.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I'm going USF -2 here I guess. This game could go either way. Rutgers is the smart play, but USF has beaten good competition on the road before. They also have the fastest D I've seen all year.

ntgarrett
    ntgarrett's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take S Florida and make some money! Rutgers has not looked anything like they did last year...getting to many penalties and turning the ball over. Everyone says there is so much pressure for S Florida to win but I say the pressure is on Rutgers to win...they have already lost 2 games and are fighting for a bowl game....seems like they would have just as much pressure to win as S Florida. I don't think the meather is going to be as big of a factor as some may think and you know S Florida will be up for this game just as they have been for every game this year. I have seen both teams play a few times this year and I have been impressed with S Florida and not impressed at all with Rutgers. GL to all of us on S Florida!

bueller
    bueller's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post

I actually think with Brian Johnson back at QB for Utah, the Utes have a good shot at the outright win in this one. TCU is still an average football team, Utah has shown an ability to step it up against average-to-above average teams i.e Louisville and UCLA. TCU just doesn't impress me this year.
    I agree with you. I see this as a easier pick tonight than the SF/RU game.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I keep going back and forth on this game. I want to take South Florida but Rice is such a good back. How big of a home field advantage does Rutgers have?

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollins08 View Post
    I keep going back and forth on this game. I want to take South Florida but Rice is such a good back. How big of a home field advantage does Rutgers have?
    I had high hopes for Rutgers this year. I bet on them a few games so far and it has left a bad taste in my mouth. They have a high powered offense (Rice) that just doesn't seem to show up. I'm rolling with South Florida tonight. I don't see home field advantage working for them. I'm going with the better defense tonight.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

There is something funny with this line. You are telling me the 2nd best team in the ncaa according to the BCS is only favored by 2 points agsinst a Rutgers team who has beaten nobody like mentioned above. Rutgers ML is a great play tonight and I mean great play.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBollocks View Post
    Great post with terrific points Razz. It's nice to see someone who looks further into WHY a particular game was one, not just at the final score. Good luck today
    Would have been a terrific post if !!!!!!

There was some insight on Rutgers, like why did they lose their last 2 home games and why their only wins came vs crap foes?

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been pounding USF all season and see absolutely no reason to stop now. Rutgers has beat nobody and USF has a stout defense that creates turnovers at an astounding rate. They are the better team in all three phases of the game. Lastly I think the short week will hurt Rice's running in the second half - he had something like 36 carries last week and will be huffing and puffing on only 5 days rest against this kick ass defense.
    Last edited by abacus30; 10-18-07 at 10:10 AM.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    There is something funny with this line. You are telling me the 2nd best team in the ncaa according to the BCS is only favored by 2 points agsinst a Rutgers team who has beaten nobody like mentioned above. Rutgers ML is a great play tonight and I mean great play.

Great points, MJF.

But I just can't get past the fact that I've seen both teams play two or three times this year and USF is the better of the two teams. And USF did a fine job shutting down the running game of WVU. I may be on the wrong side of this one (and if I'm wrong, I will be back to congratulate the winners), but I'm riding with USF.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by abacus30 View Post
    I've been pounding USF all season and see absolutely no reason to stop now. Rutgers has beat nobody and USF has a stout defense that creates turnovers at an astounding rate. They are the better team in all three phases of the game. Lastly I think the short week will hurt Rice's running in the second half - he had something like 36 carries last week and will be huffing and puffing on only 5 days rest against this kick ass defense.

Hope you're correct!!

I'm riding with the Bulls!!

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollins08 View Post
    How big of a home field advantage does Rutgers have?
    That's a really good question, and I don't think anyone honestly knows. Before last year, there wasn't much HFA. Late last year (you maybe remember the L'ville game?) and early this year, it was an awesome HFA. But there's a worry for me that if USF gets up early, the fans in NJ just think, "Same old Rutgers," and don't stay in the game.
    I don't think the team will mail it in, but after the last two home games, if Rut doesn't get off to a good start, the fans might.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm big on south florida -2 tonight. Sick of hearing people say they don't deserve #2. They beat Auburn and WV. Ohio State has played bullsh*t teams all year and their #1. South Florida should be #1. They got one hell of a team this year. I learned that the hard way when I bet against them once this year. They are for real and will beat up rutgers tonight.

logan4mvpin2025
    logan4mvpin2025's Avatar Become A Pro!

south florida by a touchdown

south floridas defense and run game too much for Rutgers

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I agree with your analsyis. As long as SF lets their defense set the tone and don't give Rutgers a short field, I don't see SF allowing many points tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by abacus30 View Post

sjelveh
    sjelveh's Avatar Become A Pro!

on sf

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by t2wentyfou4r View Post
    Did everyone forget what South Flor defense do to West Virg. and there high powered running game. West Virg has two great running backs, and a great running QB, and was shut down. Rutgers has one main threat, and Ray Rice will be stopped.
    Correct. USF shuts down Rutgers and Rice just like they did to a better back in Slaton. And the don't have to worry about a mobile quarterback like they did in White.

jmayer21
    jmayer21's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Rutgers will try to use the receiver tandem of Tiquan Underwood and Kenny Britt. Mike Teel made all the throws last week, albeit against Syracuse, Rutgers will not play into the hands of that USF front 7. When South Florida has the ball, I think they will finally utilize the freshman
    RB Mike Ford...when they are down near the goal line, look for Grothe to call his own number. Rutgers has been disrespected for too long, but this may not be the trap game that it appears...

South Florida should cover if they can keep Rutgers away from the big play.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

I bet Sf this year and theve done me well. I think they are in tight spot here. Rutgers if not for the turnovers and sloppy plays would have taken out the Bear cats. Shimano has this game to hang his hat for the season. I think Rice will shine tonight and the Rutgers front line will be enough to frustrate USF.

ralquis
    ralquis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sf

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Quote Originally Posted by ralquis View Post
    Sf
    4-1

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

HAPPY BOY are you on Rutgers here?

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm all over the Under +52.5.
    Last edited by laxdjock; 10-18-07 at 07:16 PM.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    South Florida is my play. Early Christmas gift from the books.

ho ho hope so!

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hell yeah Rutgers!! Keep moving them backwards!! if we can get out of this quarter with only 27 scored, I'll be happy.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey stupid hoja , what about that loser you had last week?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post
    It's rare you see a thread where all the squares come together and unanimously take one side. I love the one guy who likes Rutgers because he's "tired of hearing all the SF hype and wants them to lose."
    you stupid idiot how could back that lose? greek
    South Florida is shaping up to be a large play for me. Thanks guys, good luck this weekend.
    your picks are bad!!!!!!!

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

hoja you goofy idiot i followed your thread you lose a lot you ignorant clown , why

Quote Originally Posted by BigBollocks View Post
    Hey tab, great to hear your take on the game. I have the utmost respect for Jim Leavitt and all he's accomplished at USF, but really think this is a bad matchup on the ground for USF. I think Rutgers gets a strong push from their offensive line and their D-line limits the Bulls' rushing attack, with Groethe obviously hitting a few big plays. Throw in home field advantage and I think this is a terrific spot to be getting points. Hope to see you at the pay window Thursday night...
    bother choosing a team , hoja your a loser !!!!!

First 123 Last