tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thurs night SF vs Rutgers

Being #2 is not really good at this point in the season. Its got to be all the upsets that we have seen. I like Rutgers straight up in this game. I bought 1.5 points and now have Rutgers +4 at home. There is so much pressure on SF to play its best while Rutgers is fighting for a bowl game. Rutgers has already lost twice this season and now really does not have that pressure that SF has. Rutgers beat them last season and is coming off two straight defeats at home. I would like to see SF go undefeated but its not going to happen. Its really great for college football to see a team like SF come along so quickly after 11 seasons and finally make it to a #2 ranking. They have never been in such situation and that is why I like Rutgers. I welcome feedback from others on what they think about this game. ANd good luck everyone.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Hey tab, great to hear your take on the game. I have the utmost respect for Jim Leavitt and all he's accomplished at USF, but really think this is a bad matchup on the ground for USF. I think Rutgers gets a strong push from their offensive line and their D-line limits the Bulls' rushing attack, with Groethe obviously hitting a few big plays. Throw in home field advantage and I think this is a terrific spot to be getting points. Hope to see you at the pay window Thursday night...
    Last edited by BigBollocks; 10-17-07 at 06:02 AM.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Rutgers will be ready for this game. Don't think they'll win. I wish I would have gotten S. FLA earlier. I'm picking S. FLA -2.5

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

My gambling buddy is sold on S.Florida at -2.5 but he's -$265 for the year so I'm on Rutgers. I won on two games last week using this method. It's not exact, but it seems to work!

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

got to take rutgers this week

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9410

South Florida's defense is terrific. Only way I see them losing this is if they turn the ball over early and fall behind quickly. If they get in front, I don't think Rutgers can move the ball well against that defense.

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

HEy BigBollocks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBollocks View Post
    Hey tab, great to hear your take on the game. I have the utmost respect for Jim Leavitt and all he's accomplished at USF, but really think this is a bad matchup on the ground for USF. I think USF gets a strong push from their offensive line and their D-line limits the Bulls' rushing attack, with Groethe obviously hitting a few big plays. Throw in home field advantage and I think this is a terrific spot to be getting points. Hope to see you at the pay window Thursday night...
    Thanks for finding common ground on Rutgers. I like using reverse psychology on predicting the loser. I would really be afraid to lay the wood (2.5 points) and bet on South Florida. I, like yourself, will be very happy at the pay window. LEt me know if there are other plays you will consider during the weekend. I also like Colorado on the ML against Kansas. I actually will be betting on Colorado plus the points and on the ML. I really do not other games besides these two. Good luck with all your picks this weekend.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by tab View Post
    Thanks for finding common ground on Rutgers. I like using reverse psychology on predicting the loser. I would really be afraid to lay the wood (2.5 points) and bet on South Florida. I, like yourself, will be very happy at the pay window. LEt me know if there are other plays you will consider during the weekend. I also like Colorado on the ML against Kansas. I actually will be betting on Colorado plus the points and on the ML. I really do not other games besides these two. Good luck with all your picks this weekend.
    Hey Tab, always great to have another capper around here who studies the game like you do. I think that Kansas-Colorado game is a really tough game to call. I can understand why you'd like Colorado, but if I had to play the game I'd honestly most likely be on Kansas. I just hate to play on a team when their opponent is clearly far superior on the ground, and I don't see how Sharp and McAnderson from Kansas don't get theirs on the ground this game. I completely respect how Colorado beat Oklahoma at home, but also remember how they could get nothing on the ground at home against the Seminoles. I don't see how they gain anything on the ground against this Jayhawk rush defense either. If you think the coach's kid is going to have one of his better games then you certainly have to look to back the Buffs at home.

My other big play this weekend is Ohio State -17. I generally don't play substantial favs in this spot, but I've seen both teams play several times and think OSU dominates this game in every way, shape, and form. I'd be surprised if this game is within 30. GL to you this weekend...

puttn4par
    puttn4par's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think that this game is not going to be as close as everyone thinks. If Rutgers keep on having the penalties they have been having. They will be put in some really bad 3rd down situations. Ray Rice had a great game last year and last week, but the slump will continue. He will have a rough time this week. If he thought Cincinnati defense was tough, he will not like what South Florida has waiting for him. I hate to say it, but this South Florida team is the REAL DEAL.... And all this talk about being the #2 team and all the bad luck that comes with it.. It 's over.. They are better than the #2 Ranking. We could be looking at the National Champions. Like it or not that is just the way it is. They are that good....

5 % of your Bank Roll on South Florida -2.5

and for bonus 5% of your bank Roll on TCU-3.5

Last edited by puttn4par; 10-17-07 at 07:09 AM. Reason: spelling

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I was talking with Pags last night about this game and he told me he sees a lot of resembles to this game to the USF/CINC game last year. Also, he says consider that cold weather may be a factor for the team from Tampa. Remember how bad the Bucaneers use to be in the cold....

puttn4par

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    I was talking with Pags last night about this game and he told me he sees a lot of resembles to this game to the USF/CINC game last year. Also, he says consider that cold weather may be a factor for the team from Tampa. Remember how bad the Bucaneers use to be in the cold....
    50 degrees and 50 percent of rain

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Take Rutgers in this one.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Rutgers is the play

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with everything you say except the point buying. Good luck tab.

SECfan23
    SECfan23's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I make a play at all on this game, it will be on Rutgers and for one reason. Im tired of the South Florida hype and I want them to lose. They are not the #2 team in the country. I want them to lose and make a spot for another big boy football team. I think there are 9 teams in the top 15 that would beat them on any given day, home or away.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

It's rare you see a thread where all the squares come together and unanimously take one side. I love the one guy who likes Rutgers because he's "tired of hearing all the SF hype and wants them to lose."

South Florida is shaping up to be a large play for me. Thanks guys, good luck this weekend.

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

South Florida is my play. Early Christmas gift from the books.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    South Florida is my play. Early Christmas gift from the books.
    Aces,

I'm glad to hear that we share the same vision on this game... Line is way low IMO. I know USF is due to lose, but I don't think it will be here... I have USF parlayed from Monday Night with the Giants game... Probably will throw a little more on it towards gametime! Both huge mismatches on paper and the 1st one played out. I just hope the weather is not a factor in determining the outcome tomorrow night!

puttn4par

South Florida has beaten WV and Auburn both of which are much better then Rutgers.

IMO people are wanting to pick the upset special in an attempt to look like a "sharp" or a smart guy. Heck look at last nights game. We all knew the Gmen were the better team, but when all the money went to the Gmen, folks started over thinking, and bet Atlanta in an effort to show they weren't square.

I was square as hell monday night, and will be tomorrow too.

Give me the BETTER TEAM, and I'll give you the 2.5 pts.

GL.
    Last edited by puttn4par; 10-17-07 at 04:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by puttn4par View Post
    South Florida has beaten WV and Auburn both of which are much better then Rutgers.

IMO people are wanting to pick the upset special in an attempt to look like a "sharp" or a smart guy. Heck look at last nights game. We all knew the Gmen were the better team, but when all the money went to the Gmen, folks started over thinking, and bet Atlanta in an effort to show they weren't square.

I was square as hell last night, and will be tonight too.

Give me the BETTER TEAM, and I'll give you the 2.5 pts.

GL.

You're missing a couple days this week bro. Giants/Falcons was Monday night (not last night), USF/Rutgers is tomorrow night(not tonight), today is Wednesday.

puttn4par

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post

You're missing a couple days this week bro. Giants/Falcons was Monday night (not last night), USF/Rutgers is tomorrow night(not tonight), today is Wednesday.
    i got caught up in the moment!!!!!!!!!

puttn4par

i got caught up in the moment!!!!!!!!!
    I fixed it .... Now go bet south florida

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's those games that have USF so badly overrated. USF went to an Auburn team which was playing horribly, had a +5 TO margin, and still couldn't win until OT! At home against WVU, USF was outgained by 163 yards but won because of a +3 TO margin!
    Sure, you can say that you make your own breaks. But that's an awful lot of TOs to be getting to be barely winning games.
    This is a team that has played one road game besides Auburn, and outgained mighty Florida Atlantic by 13 yards. The way Ray Rice ran through this defense last year, the way Rutgers has played at home the last couple years, the pressure on USF, the weather (the farthest north that USF has traveled is southern Alabama) ... I'm pretty confident that Rutgers is the play.

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

As a Pac-10 fan I can attest that the #2 poll slot is cursed this year. Greg Schiano's Scarlet Knights pull off the home upset over South Florida, I'm taking it to the bank.

champs123
    champs123's Avatar Become A Pro!

South Florida goin down!

I think the fairy tail comes to an end thursday night at Rutgers27-21!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

and for bonus 5% of your bank Roll on TCU-3.5

I actually think with Brian Johnson back at QB for Utah, the Utes have a good shot at the outright win in this one. TCU is still an average football team, Utah has shown an ability to step it up against average-to-above average teams i.e Louisville and UCLA. TCU just doesn't impress me this year.

puttn4par

So some people thinking the fact that South Florida happens to be winning the most important stat in football, turnovers, is now a knock against them.

OK

S Florida - 2.5 they are the better team. RU is not as good as they were last year, although they are still very good.

Chances are SF is going to win the TO battle.

puttn4par

They are going up against a team with a VERY interception prone quarterback in mike teel, there is good reason to think usf's success in the turnover battle will continue. teel has shown a propensity for INTs in important spots in big games before. so if usf picks off a pass or two, is it 'luck'? thats a rhetorical question. teel's track record speaks for itself. they need rice to carry the load in a big way to win.

puttn4par

Cut Rutgers alumni in half and move them from Tristate area to Western West Virgina and this line would be So Fla -6

puttn4par

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post

I actually think with Brian Johnson back at QB for Utah, the Utes have a good shot at the outright win in this one. TCU is still an average football team, Utah has shown an ability to step it up against average-to-above average teams i.e Louisville and UCLA. TCU just doesn't impress me this year.
    When you go 4 quarters and don't score against UNLV you have problems!!!!!

cashflow50
    cashflow50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

why is line going downwards and almost 80% are still on so flo. shouldn't it go up to draw peeps on rut?

puttn4par

Quote Originally Posted by cashflow50 View Post
    why is line going downwards and almost 80% are still on so flo. shouldn't it go up to draw peeps on rut?
    The problem with this game is the sharps have finally caught up with South Florida and you can't get a good line on them anymore..Which is why you have so many disagreements on this game. It's a tough number making them a favorite on the road..If it was earlier in the year before we knew about SF we probably would have seen something like SF +7. The answer is that all of the wannabe sharps are pounding Rutgers.. Wrongo!!!!!!!!! Bad Bet!!!!!!! Wannabe sharps go broke in this business
    Last edited by puttn4par; 10-17-07 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    It's those games that have USF so badly overrated. USF went to an Auburn team which was playing horribly, had a +5 TO margin, and still couldn't win until OT! At home against WVU, USF was outgained by 163 yards but won because of a +3 TO margin!
    Sure, you can say that you make your own breaks. But that's an awful lot of TOs to be getting to be barely winning games.
    This is a team that has played one road game besides Auburn, and outgained mighty Florida Atlantic by 13 yards. The way Ray Rice ran through this defense last year, the way Rutgers has played at home the last couple years, the pressure on USF, the weather (the farthest north that USF has traveled is southern Alabama) ... I'm pretty confident that Rutgers is the play.

And just what has Rutgers done this year ?

Beat Buffalo, Navy, Norfolk St, and Syracuse

Lost Maryland, and Cinncinnati

What is impressive ?

puttn4par

Some of these posts are comical. You would think Rutgers was a perennial powerhouse. They have been good for what, ONE season?

Ted Stickle
    Ted Stickle's Avatar Become A Pro!

picking against sf is just a popular thing to do this week only because there's been a lot of upsets. bulls should win 29-20.

123 Last