Mike2332
    Mike2332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

LSU Season Win Total 9 ???

I just dont get the total wins being set at 9.........They only won 8 last year with a similar schedule..........Where do they get better?

They lost as much talent as anybody in the country (8 total NFL +2 NFL FA) They recruit very well but in this case - this season they are lacking depth and experience and everything indicates they will decline some this season.

On defense LSU loses 2 guys in the backfield - S. Jamal Adams and CB Tre'davious White......Both guys were 1st RD Picks........

At the LB position their 2 top tacklers on the team (Riley & Beckworth) were both drafted in the 3rd RD.

On the D-Line their top 3 guys gone - all in NFL uniforms are gone via draft / FA

They return only 1 proven play-maker on defense, Arden Key - who led the team in sacks but he is recovering from shoulder surgery and has yet to practice......

Without the injured Arden Key nobody on this squad has a lot of experience.....Nobody other than Key has more than 1 sack or a couple INTs from last season.

The defense will take a hit

Its fair to say the offense may have to produce at a higher level to compensate for the losses they will suffer on the defensive side.......

But at QB they dont have that guy.......Danny Etling before coming to LSU won 2 games in 2 seasons......He needed that great defense and that great running attack to win 8 games last season

They return RB D. Guice but Its going to be very difficult to replicate the numbers that running game put up with L Fournette gone....They AVG'd 6 YDS per carry running the ball last season - ....This year opposing defenses will be able to load up 7-8 guys in the box......Rushing attack likely will still be strong but wont be easy to match last season numbers.

Also no proven weapons at WR which may cost them if they are forced to throw......3 starting receivers all with less than 6 career catches....Extremely inexperienced...

DOES ANYBODY SEE THIS TEAM BEING IMPROVED FROM LAST SEASON ??? AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

I got them losing to AUB, Bama and FL + 2 ? games.

BYU W
    Chatt. W
    @ MissST ?
    Cuse W
    Troy W
    @ FL L
    AUB L
    @Miss ?
    @ Bama L
    ARK ?
    @ Tenn ?
    TEX AM ?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

How can you even think that there is a chance of LSU losing to Ole Miss? No way that happens. Now losing to Alabama is just about a sure thing. Losing to Auburn is certainly possible. Away losses to Florida and Tennessee and even BUY and upstart Miss. State is possible. Under 9 is the play, if you play this.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

They LOVE their Coach! Wanting to play hard for your coach is a powerful motivator. They may have been the best team at seasons end under Orgeron(?). He is a Swamp Boy like most of them. I sit by a kid from LSU when I was in Reno for the Bowl games. He didn't tell me he was a student at LSU at first. I told him how I felt about the team playing hard for Ed. I also told him about my concerns for the kid replacing Fournette. He assured me the back-up was a solid kid. I put a nice chunk on em and coasted to an easy win. This team has and seems like it always will have QB questions. They are a ground and pound team that wears opponents out. Love that style of football. Not sure I would bet Over, just because of injuries and it is the SEC. Tough call. GL

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Orgeron's problem is this. While he has been an excellect assistant coach and coordinator, he is a terrible Head Coach. Look at his record at Ole Miss. Look at his record at USC, where he had to win one game to secure his job and got blown out. (38-20 to UCLA). He simply cannot win the big games.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

9 is probably the right number.

Ole Miss is going to be very strange this year. Has the talent to beat just about anyone, but so much to overcome and figure out.

LSU should murder MissSt.

LSU can beat Auburn at home. Not saying they will, but it's far from a solid L either. IMO, that line, if given right now, would be close to a PK.

Look at Orgeron in a positive way. He's going to wave the pom poms and recruit 4 and 5 star players, while two of the top five coordinators in the country call the games. Their coaching set-up is a major plus.

And I never worry about returning players for LSU, because a handful of guys always step up huge every year and become day one draft picks. They're just one of those few teams where you can throw that stat away.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I think they will beat TN and Ole Miss while FL should be a ? game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The schedule does not help LSU at all. They host Auburn AFTER a trip to Florida. They end the season @ Alabama, Arkansas, @Tennessee, Texas A&M. The last two games could involve coaches (Tennessee's Butch Jones and A&M's Kevin Sumlin) who are trying to save their jobs. They can lose their last 4 games alone, much less dates with Auburn, Florida, and Miss. State. LSU's OL took a hit when they lost starting RG Maea Teuhema for the season. Anyone giving BYU +13 1/2 in game 1 for Oregron?

Riders23
    Riders23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

9 is too high, should be 8. Especially since I feel Auburn is winning the SEC west this year. Don't worry about guice, that guys number will be off the charts.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Riders23 View Post
    9 is too high, should be 8. Especially since I feel Auburn is winning the SEC west this year. Don't worry about guice, that guys number will be off the charts.
    I think you are onto something there. 8 seems about right. With the number set at 9, LSU has a much better chance at winning 8 than 10.

D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

It's been a long time since Auburn has beat LSU at Tiger Stadium. It's going to be tough.

Riders23

It's tough for every team every year. Auburn has the most complete team returning of any team in the nation.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Auburn's future, and that of HC Malzahn, rests on the arm of QB Stidham. A loss at Clemson can really start the season on the wrong foot for Auburn. They also face away games at LSU, Arkansas, and A&M, all back to back, with a week off between LSU and A&M. If that is not tough enough, they also host Georgia after the A&M game and Alabama two weeks later. With a schedule like that, 4 losses would be acceptable under normal circumstances, but as mentioned above, these are NOT normal circumstances. With all that talent coming back this season, 8-4 may not be enough to save Malzahn's job.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

9 seems spot on. Tennessee & A&M could easily have lame duck coaches at that point. They should be 5-0 going to Gainesville. If they win that one, should be at least a push

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

So the question for LSU is simply this. With the number set at 9, do they have qa better chance to win 8 games or less, or 10 games or nore. If I were playing this, I would say they have a better chance of winning 8 games or less.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    So the question for LSU is simply this. With the number set at 9, do they have qa better chance to win 8 games or less, or 10 games or nore. If I were playing this, I would say they have a better chance of winning 8 games or less.
    The more I look at it, I disagree. I like the Over.

First off, I look at totals differently. If I would play the over, and I would, I'm not necessarily looking for 10 wins or more. I'm looking for 9 wins or more. It's the same line of thinking when I took USC over 10 wins. They could lose two, but no more than that. If I push, so what? You push all the time when betting win totals, so your advantage comes in those spots where a push is likely your worst scenario.

And a lot of you know what I mostly look for in games, and it's coaching. Stay with me here. First off, the talent at LSU is always nothing short of awesome, every year, so that's a given. Orgeron is not going to be calling plays, so stop thinking he's going to have a major bearing on what happens in-game, he's not. He has what could arguably be the top coordinators in the country in Matt Canada and Dave Aranda.

Aranda needs no introduction, he's a killer, and the key reason LSU's D has been so consistently good. Canada comes in to take the governor off of an offense that has been stifled under Les Miles, who did have a major say in the way it was run, and was running offenses from the 1980s and 90s. Canada's offenses always over-achieve, and it's scary to think what that talent could do if they did anything more than under-achieve, like they've been doing for years.

Casual dum-dum fans often scratch their head when their team has a down year, and never stop to think that the guy who ran their entire offense or defense last year got swooped up by another team and is no longer there. Yes, the guy holding the PlayStation controller actually has a pretty big impact on the team's performance, surprise surprise.

I'm not playing it, since I already have like 15 of these freakin win total bets out there right now, but if I was, I would be confident playing OVR 9.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    The more I look at it, I disagree. I like the Over.

First off, I look at totals differently. If I would play the over, and I would, I'm not necessarily looking for 10 wins or more. I'm looking for 9 wins or more. It's the same line of thinking when I took USC over 10 wins. They could lose two, but no more than that. If I push, so what? You push all the time when betting win totals, so your advantage comes in those spots where a push is likely your worst scenario.

And a lot of you know what I mostly look for in games, and it's coaching. Stay with me here. First off, the talent at LSU is always nothing short of awesome, every year, so that's a given. Orgeron is not going to be calling plays, so stop thinking he's going to have a major bearing on what happens in-game, he's not. He has what could arguably be the top coordinators in the country in Matt Canada and Dave Aranda.

Aranda needs no introduction, he's a killer, and the key reason LSU's D has been so consistently good. Canada comes in to take the governor off of an offense that has been stifled under Les Miles, who did have a major say in the way it was run, and was running offenses from the 1980s and 90s. Canada's offenses always over-achieve, and it's scary to think what that talent could do if they did anything more than under-achieve, like they've been doing for years.

Casual dum-dum fans often scratch their head when their team has a down year, and never stop to think that the guy who ran their entire offense or defense last year got swooped up by another team and is no longer there. Yes, the guy holding the PlayStation controller actually has a pretty big impact on the team's performance, surprise surprise.

I'm not playing it, since I already have like 15 of these freakin win total bets out there right now, but if I was, I would be confident playing OVR 9.
    As usual, you are playing NOT To LOSE, which means you will never win. You have to STOP with your ridiculous exaggerations. Saying that Orgeron will have nothing to do is just plain stupid. Second, there is NO WAY that Canada and Aranda are even close to being the best two coordinators in the SEC, much less the NCAA. Next, if you really think that LSU always has "AWESOME" talent every year, you have no idea of how to judge talent. You are also a terrible judge of college football overall, and are afraid to tell us who you wager on until the games are over. So you go through all of this B.S. and then say that you are not playing it because you have 15 of these win total wagers. You do not even know how many wagers you have because you have not made all of them up yet. ANYONE who thinks they have a solid take on a wager will make that wager, instead of making excuses, something that you have become an expert at. That was one of the worst posts ever seen in here. Just terrible.

Ralphie Halves

As usual, you are playing NOT To LOSE, which means you will never win. You have to STOP with your ridiculous exaggerations. Saying that Orgeron will have nothing to do is just plain stupid. Second, there is NO WAY that Canada and Aranda are even close to being the best two coordinators in the SEC, much less the NCAA. Next, if you really think that LSU always has "AWESOME" talent every year, you have no idea of how to judge talent. You are also a terrible judge of college football overall, and are afraid to tell us who you wager on until the games are over. So you go through all of this B.S. and then say that you are not playing it because you have 15 of these win total wagers. You do not even know how many wagers you have because you have not made all of them up yet. ANYONE who thinks they have a solid take on a wager will make that wager, instead of making excuses, something that you have become an expert at. That was one of the worst posts ever seen in here. Just terrible.
    There are so many reasons why I know for certain you're not a professional NCAAF bettor. A good four of them are in this paragraph alone.

All of my win total bets are already posted on SBR. You should know, you copied two of them.

The only time you put yourself out there, you went 16-14, which would been a really rough season for somebody who relied on income from betting.

And for the bolded part, I guess the NFL has no idea on how to judge talent either. Just you do apparently. http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/ar...st-players-nfl

We should all be honored to have a guy like you here.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Ralphie, it is time to shoot you down once and for all on this post. You said: " First off, the talent at LSU is always nothing short of awesome, every year, so that's a given." Now if that is true, perhaps you can explain to us why LSU has lost at least 3 games every season for the past 5 seasons? Explain to us why they have lost every game against Alabama for the past 5 seasons? Why did they lost 3 Bowl games during this time period? Why have they won just one SEC West title in past 9 years, only to lose the title game to the team that they beat for that SEC West Championship? How come they have lost 3 Conference games or more in each of the past 4 season? Why don't you tell us how many times LSU has finished SECOND in the SEC West over the past 5 years? And you are trying to tell us that LSU has had awesome talent for every one of those 5 years? That is nothing but Bull S**t and you know it. Who in the hell do you think you are trying to sell us that line of crap?

Ralphie, I really should kick your worthless arse up one wall and down another in here for lying so much. Past posting picks. Posting garbage like the above mentioned caca. Ignoring the real truth like my 8-4 Bowl record of last season, which was posted on my spread sheet. Now you say that all of your win total bets are posted on SBR. Where? Let's see them. I mean every single one of them. We already know that you love to past post. Mine are on by spread sheet. You do not have a spread sheet because you are afraid that your real record would be exposed. So you can forget about the B.S. that you tried to post in here. That has already been proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be nothing more than a figment of your imagination.

The fact of the matter is this. You are a coward and too afraid of losing to actually start a spreadsheet so we can see all of your wagers. If I am wrong, PROVE IT. Start a spread sheet. If not, then you WILL keep your mouth shut. Do you understand all of this? I have already proven you to be a liar and totally uneducated when it comes to college football. It is up to YOU to prove me wrong.

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13542

Ralphie, it is time to shoot you down once and for all on this post. You said: " First off, the talent at LSU is always nothing short of awesome, every year, so that's a given." Now if that is true, perhaps you can explain to us why LSU has lost at least 3 games every season for the past 5 seasons? Explain to us why they have lost every game against Alabama for the past 5 seasons? Why did they lost 3 Bowl games during this time period? Why have they won just one SEC West title in past 9 years, only to lose the title game to the team that they beat for that SEC West Championship? How come they have lost 3 Conference games or more in each of the past 4 season? Why don't you tell us how many times LSU has finished SECOND in the SEC West over the past 5 years? And you are trying to tell us that LSU has had awesome talent for every one of those 5 years? That is nothing but Bull S**t and you know it. Who in the hell do you think you are trying to sell us that line of crap?

Ralphie, I really should kick your worthless arse up one wall and down another in here for lying so much. Past posting picks. Posting garbage like the above mentioned caca. Ignoring the real truth like my 8-4 Bowl record of last season, which was posted on my spread sheet. Now you say that all of your win total bets are posted on SBR. Where? Let's see them. I mean every single one of them. We already know that you love to past post. Mine are on by spread sheet. You do not have a spread sheet because you are afraid that your real record would be exposed. So you can forget about the B.S. that you tried to post in here. That has already been proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be nothing more than a figment of your imagination.

The fact of the matter is this. You are a coward and too afraid of losing to actually start a spreadsheet so we can see all of your wagers. If I am wrong, PROVE IT. Start a spread sheet. If not, then you WILL keep your mouth shut. Do you understand all of this? I have already proven you to be a liar and totally uneducated when it comes to college football. It is up to YOU to prove me wrong.
    The only thing proven is that your spreadsheet is bogus FRAUDDADDY .

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

take the under.... lsu sucks

Ralphie Halves

Dementia really sinking in with you.

I'll make it as short as I can here...

- You see BigDaddy, the game of football is more than just talented players. It's coaching too! Scheming, using and developing that talent is just as important as having talent in the first place. Alabama does it better than anyone. And I've already shown that LSU had awesome talent in that link that showed they send more people to the NFL than everyone. How is that not great talent? You're a mess. There's no way you can say LSU doesn't have talent (when that's what they're known for) and be a pro bettor. You fail the basic minimum requirements.

- Any bowl success you have had was erased by all of those big money line favorites you lost. Those would take too long to dig up, but enough posters here have clowned you on it, so we know it exists.

- We already have our 1-on-1 contest going, or have you forgotten all of that too?

Ralphie Halves

Oh, and here's my win totals. on a thread that you created and responded to, but have somehow forgotten even existed.

https://www.sportsbookreview.com/for...ys-2017-a.html

And the original one before that...

https://www.sportsbookreview.com/for...der-takes.html
    Last edited by Ralphie Halves; 08-19-17 at 06:50 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Ralphie, you are nothing more than a desperate liar. Anyone who thinks LSU has had all of this awsome talent is nothing more than an imbecile. Anyone who tries to tell a person of average intelligence that a team that has not finished higher than tied for 2nd (once) and no higher than 3rd in the past 4 seasons in the division, and tied for 3rd, (twice) 4th 5th, and 6th in the Conference but consistently has "awesome talent" is nothing but a fool and a buffoon. This team, with so much "awesome" talent, has not finished higher than #13 in the National rankings in the past 5 years, and was unranked in one of those seasons.

Ralphie, stop trying to act like you know so much about College Football. Stop trying to sound like a f**king tout. You are, and know nothing. You know the basics, but that is it. You have no clue as to how to use the basics. You cannot make a determination about anything unless you read it first. You are just another wanna-be and that is pathetic. Give it up.

Riders23

Les Miles is a garbage coach. Thats why LSU never lived up to its potential. Also Aranda is arguably the best Dcoord in college, to argue it makes you look ignorant.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Les Miles is a garbage coach. Thats why LSU never lived up to its potential. Also Aranda is arguably the best Dcoord in college, to argue it makes you look ignorant.
    So says the man with 16 posts. Start proving yourself before you go trying to act like you know what you are saying.

Ralphie Halves

Ralphie, you are nothing more than a desperate liar. Anyone who thinks LSU has had all of this awsome talent is nothing more than an imbecile. Anyone who tries to tell a person of average intelligence that a team that has not finished higher than tied for 2nd (once) and no higher than 3rd in the past 4 seasons in the division, and tied for 3rd, (twice) 4th 5th, and 6th in the Conference but consistently has "awesome talent" is nothing but a fool and a buffoon. This team, with so much "awesome" talent, has not finished higher than #13 in the National rankings in the past 5 years, and was unranked in one of those seasons.

Ralphie, stop trying to act like you know so much about College Football. Stop trying to sound like a f**king tout. You are, and know nothing. You know the basics, but that is it. You have no clue as to how to use the basics. You cannot make a determination about anything unless you read it first. You are just another wanna-be and that is pathetic. Give it up.
    The one thing I will be giving up is trying to reason with you. The psychotic girlfriend comparison fit you to a T -- selective amnesia, name-calling like a 7 year old, turning opinions into "facts", unable to connect very simple dots, etc.

If I'm trying to argue and reason with a psychotic chick, it's my fault, because it never works and never goes anywhere.

I'm no longer interested in our contest either, because I don't want to be tied to you for the next 10 weeks. I'll probably still post picks, but not because of anything you have to say about it, nobody cares what you have to say. You have no credibility here, so if you say anything about anyone, it doesn't really amount to anything, so have at it. I have nothing to prove and nothing to lose -- I'm just a guy who likes talking CFB betting, I've never claimed to be anything. You have this make-believe persona to uphold. Good luck with that, you're already failing.

And if you keep this shit up, I'm more than happy to put you on ignore. That will be one less person you'll have to flip out on, and flipping out is a big part of your day, so think about it.

Sorry for subvertinig Mike's thread. I won't be getting into these arguments any longer. Sorry if it was entertaining for some of you, but for me, it's just getting exhausting.

Ralphie Halves

LOL, it doesn't take people long to figure out who knows their stuff and who doesn't on this site. The same people who don't realize Aranda is top-tier also don't realize LSU had great talent.

Good to have you here Riders, hope you stick around for the season. "Number of SBR posts you have = knowing college football" is retard math, but you already knew that.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Ralphie. You are just like all the rest of them. All of the losers who dared to try and defeat me in a College Football Contest. I knew you would find a way to back out of it because you are such a f**king liar it is pathetic. You said that you were willing to wager $500.00 that would go to St. Judes, but the truth of the matter is that you are such a poor slob that you do not have $500.00 to lose. You have no idea about College football. You are a fraud and a phony. You are so afraid of me that you will kiss any arse that is against me. You are a pathetic little boy. You have also earned yourself a new nickname. From now on, you will be called "Ralphie, the Chicken S**t." That is who you are, and that is how I will address you from this point forward, until you prove otherwise. I guess fools like yourself never get tired of having your arses handed to you.

Riders23

So says the man with 16 posts. Start proving yourself before you go trying to act like you know what you are saying.
    By that logic I'm guessing you drive a huge lifted truck with a confederate flag on the back of it IRL.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

By that logic I'm guessing you drive a huge lifted truck with a confederate flag on the back of it IRL.
    This is why I have enough money to buy you out 100 times over, and you are still slaving away at some menial job. All of you poor slobs are like that. You THINK you know what is going on, but in reality, you do not have a clue. Why don't you do yourself a favor and read instead of running your worthless mouth off? MAYBE you can learn something and become more than you are now. By the way, who did YOU vote for in the last 3 elections?

Riders23

You got 10+ million and you are wasting your time here? Your life must be extremely lonely. Not that it matters but Dem X 3.

mcmc
    mcmc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15467

Quote Originally Posted by D Med View Post
    It's been a long time since Auburn has beat LSU at Tiger Stadium. It's going to be tough.

Agreed. I think there is a big plate of payback from last year's game when Auburn tripped LSU late, late, late in that game!

Mike2332
    Mike2332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    LOL, it doesn't take people long to figure out who knows their stuff and who doesn't on this site. The same people who don't realize Aranda is top-tier also don't realize LSU had great talent.

Good to have you here Riders, hope you stick around for the season. "Number of SBR posts you have = knowing college football" is retard math, but you already knew that.

Ralphie everybody knows LSU recruits on a high level..........But you cannot blindly give them 8 or in this case 9 wins just because of that....

Look specifically at what they have returning on defense.........Arden Key is the only playmaker and he is still injured - has yet to practice.
    He is a ??? going into the season

Without him their leading tackler is Donnie Alexander who finished with just 45

They have a few guys tied with just 1 sack coming back (nothing close to a proven pass rusher)

They have a guy leading INTS with 2

They have 7 guys from last seasons defense wearing NFL uniforms......

I am familiar with Dave Aranda...... I lve 90 minutes from Madison WI.........Great coach but he is not going to magically make things happen with an an inexperienced "D" who only bring back 1 injured playmaker......Its much much more likely his 2018 defense will resemble the 2016 defense........Everything indicates that they will decline this season..........

Their offense will have to put up more points this season to compensate for the defense and they are in no position to do that......

Last years team with that strong defense, Fournette at RB, Dupre and Dural at WR is just a better team than the 2017 team.....They would have successful season to match last seasons 8 win total..........But to win 9 with a less talented team at almost every position is not practicable.......

Ralphie Halves

I don't think it's going to matter when it comes to experience on D. I've thought that before, and LSU has always been one of those teams that just reload, especially on defense. Some guy, or multiple guys you've never heard of come in and become Day One picks in the draft. Sometimes returning starters make a difference, but with some teams it means a lot less, and LSU has been one of them.

The idea of the new coaching staff opening things up on offense for once is what makes the total 9. Yet to be seen I know, but fans have been screaming for it. As good a Fournette was, they were running plays for him that Stanford was running in the 90s.

And I'm super high on Aranda. Highest paid DC for a reason IMO, and if he ever goes elsewhere to do the same thing, he'd still be the highest paid.

I'm not on the over myself, but gun to my head I do like it more than the under.

Riders23

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2332 View Post
    Ralphie everybody knows LSU recruits on a high level..........But you cannot blindly give them 8 or in this case 9 wins just because of that....

Look specifically at what they have returning on defense.........Arden Key is the only playmaker and he is still injured - has yet to practice.
    He is a ??? going into the season

Without him their leading tackler is Donnie Alexander who finished with just 45

They have a few guys tied with just 1 sack coming back (nothing close to a proven pass rusher)

They have a guy leading INTS with 2

They have 7 guys from last seasons defense wearing NFL uniforms......

I am familiar with Dave Aranda...... I lve 90 minutes from Madison WI.........Great coach but he is not going to magically make things happen with an an inexperienced "D" who only bring back 1 injured playmaker......Its much much more likely his 2018 defense will resemble the 2016 defense........Everything indicates that they will decline this season..........

Their offense will have to put up more points this season to compensate for the defense and they are in no position to do that......

Last years team with that strong defense, Fournette at RB, Dupre and Dural at WR is just a better team than the 2017 team.....They would have successful season to match last seasons 8 win total..........But to win 9 with a less talented team at almost every position is not practicable.......
    So you are saying Alabama's defense is not gonna be that great this year? Just because they don't have alot of returning starters and several of the players from last year got drafted? It doesn't work like that. The qb should be much improved having a year in the system and Guice is better than Fournette. I'm guessing they have a couple extremely talented wide recievers just like they have had the last 10 years. LSU is a better team this year than last.

12 Last