BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

CFB 2012 (also NFL)

will track all plays here. mostly CFB but also some NFL, but have gotten tired in recent years of giving back my Saturday winnings on Sunday. feel free to chime in with your thoughts. all opinions and information are appreciated.

plays will range from 1u minimum to 5u maximum. don't make many 5u plays, probably just a few per season.
    unless stated otherwise, all lines should be assumed to be at -110 juice. i maintain accounts at 5Dimes, Legends and BetUS currently, and will probably add an account at BetOnline in near future. where i get a line that differs from from what's generally available, i will try to denote it so that we can avoid bullshit arguments over lines.

one thing: i will use an apostrophe to signify a half-point (e.g., 7.5 = 7'). this is very professional, and will save us all a lot of time.

BOL to all this season.

BiffTFinancial

re-upped at BetUS last week. i've had an account there for almost 15 years so get some nice bonuses. got 110% free play bonus on deposit, but more importantly, got wager insurance on my first play. think i'm gonna put five hundy or so on Sparty Friday night but gonna have to think that over. posting Sparty as a 3* play, which i've already booked at 5D, but 500 is certainly more than 3u for me.

boy, that sounds like a prelude to a backdoor cover for Boise. fk them.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

2daBank

anxiously awaiting your thoughts on wvu/marshall....already hit wvu-24 earlier in week but hate the rivalry aspect...guess im buyer in smith's 2nd yr in air raid..

BiffTFinancial

CFB Week One
    3* Michigan State -6' (-105)
    2* Alabama -13' [Legends line]
    2* Virginia Tech -7
    1* Ohio State -24'
    1* Ohio U +6'

2daBank

im gonna tease sparty and something

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    anxiously awaiting your thoughts on wvu/marshall....already hit wvu-24 earlier in week but hate the rivalry aspect...guess im buyer in smith's 2nd yr in air raid..
    i've got a solid two hours worth of capping in me still. will get on WVU/Marshall right now.

trying to see if i can give about 100 points of chalk in week one, heh heh.

2daBank

loving Bama...shoelace cant throw, bama will make him throw..all this mich hype is like ppl didnt watch them play (and they lost plenty on d as wel), huge mismatch in the trenches..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    i've got a solid two hours worth of capping in me still. will get on WVU/Marshall right now.

trying to see if i can give about 100 points of chalk in week one, heh heh.
    im chalk city baby!! i did play nau +25 tho..soley based on how bad i think asu is..

2daBank

off to good start..teased scary to -.5, then played vandy +4.5 2nd half

BiffTFinancial

im gonna tease sparty and something
    i don't play many teasers but i can see how Sparty is an attractive target. i've only capped about a dozen games so far (i'm in a big money pool where we're assigned 11 games/week and picks due 3 pm Thursday; 1-0 start with Vandy's cover - woot!). of the games that i've capped, i'd strongly consider VT or Ohio U in teaser. with time to prep, VT should be able to contain GT triple option, and i honestly think that OU could upset PSU (and regardless, it will be hard for PSU to win by 2 TDs).

like OSU too, but i'm always wary when i like one of my teams. that said, Urban has those guys ready to tear someone's face off, and Miami-OH can't run at all. not a good spot to be one-dimensional.

2daBank

i trust when you go homer as i know you even more hesitant than i am on cards

yea not sure why im so teaser crazy right now..maybe cause i dont use 5d during fb very often and the ev money 6 point 2 teamers seem very attractive!

BiffTFinancial

loving Bama...shoelace cant throw, bama will make him throw..all this mich hype is like ppl didnt watch them play (and they lost plenty on d as wel), huge mismatch in the trenches..
    i just wish that i'd booked it months ago when i could've gotten Bama at around -10. hope that UM fans and Coach Bacala are enjoying their window. it has finished opening and is already starting to close. the age of Urban is dawning.

BiffTFinancial

off to good start..teased scary to -.5, then played vandy +4.5 2nd half
    excellent! nice hits, dude.

BiffTFinancial

i'm not crazy about WVU, but i wouldn't let that dampen your enthusiasm much. Marshall normally gives WVU their absolute best and my numbers have this as a 3-4 score game. however, their past meetings obviously didn't involve a high-functioning Air Raid attack (last year it was Holgorsen's first game, so things weren't clicking yet), and you gotta love how much the total has climbed. this could well be a game where Holgorsen wants to make a statement and pricks it up. so, i won't be on it, but i'll be pulling for a blowout for you.

2daBank

yea the history and fact this huge gm for marshall certainly bother me,,,honestly i think wvu will have to make a lot of mistakes not to run away but that is possible.

BiffTFinancial

yea the history and fact this huge gm for marshall certainly bother me,,,honestly i think wvu will have to make a lot of mistakes not to run away but that is possible.
    a big part of the problem is that i do preseason projections for about 20 different stats for each team in order to generate my three sets of power rankings, which are the starting point for my capping. well, it's really difficult to do projections for a team changing systems or coaches, much less conferences, particularly when a potentially prolific offensive team like WVU is going to a prolific offense/no defense conference like the Big 12 is at this time. i had pretty much decided to pass on that game a couple of weeks ago because i want to see how they perform for a couple of weeks before i back them. i do think that WVU puts up 45-50+. at the same time, i can't get past the fact that the meetings between these teams in the past have always seemed like significant departures from their performances against other opponents during the same time periods. classic rivalry game dynamic.

2daBank

yea i cant argue that with you at all...maybe it wishful thinking on my part, or a belief Holgerson wants to get this machine up and running early... man there gonna be some crazy ass scores in that conf this yr..

BiffTFinancial

yea i cant argue that with you at all...maybe it wishful thinking on my part, or a belief Holgerson wants to get this machine up and running early... man there gonna be some crazy ass scores in that conf this yr..
    totally agree on that conference and scoring this season. can't wait to get on some Kansas overs.

holy shit, that Wazzu punt was hilarious.

ok, out for tonight. catch up with you tomorrow.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

damn, missed this thread earlier with all the other garbage threads flooding up the forums.... Good stuff.....I love BETUS's payout system....so much better than all the others.....

anyways, GOOD LUCK, and Ill throw my 2 cents here and there on NFL, the more I look at CFB from last year the more I realize how lost I am from not being able to watch the entire season, was incacerated aug 19-nov.11....it was miserable mainly because time of year....although I was sharp on the games I was able to watch (LSU/BAMA, think it was obvious from the 1st game that, BAMA was gonna tear them up in the finals, LSU was so lucky to win that game 1, I was all over that)
    Last edited by Smutbucket; 08-31-12 at 01:26 AM.

svenodds
    MOJO
    svenodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5885

GL this season

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    damn, missed this thread earlier with all the other garbage threads flooding up the forums.... Good stuff.....I love BETUS's payout system....so much better than all the others.....

anyways, GOOD LUCK, and Ill throw my 2 cents here and there on NFL, the more I look at CFB from last year the more I realize how lost I am from not being able to watch the entire season, was incacerated aug 19-nov.11....it was miserable mainly because time of year....although I was sharp on the games I was able to watch (LSU/BAMA, think it was obvious from the 1st game that, BAMA was gonna tear them up in the finals, LSU was so lucky to win that game 1, I was all over that)
    betus has always treated me really well. there's no getting around the fact that, line-wise, they're primarily a football book for me (since i only really play college hoops and baseball otherwise and they're not great for those), but for a book that's not generally rated that highly (like 5D, Legends, Pinny, Greek, etc.), i have a pretty high opinion of them.

please feel free to stop by and throw in your two cents anytime. i'm certainly interested in NFL, just realize my limitations and the fact that it's probably most difficult sport around because lines are so sharp. sorry to hear that you lost a good chunk of your season last fall. let's make up for lost time this year.

Bama in the national title game sure was easy money. too bad they can't all be like that.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by svenodds View Post
    GL this season

thank you, svenodds, good to see you. BOL to you as well. have a great holiday weekend. i sure plan to.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

best of luck, mr. biff t. financial.
    let's stack 'em like pancakes in 2012!
    keep burying coffee cans full of cash...
    hahahahahah good luck, brah!

Big Dave's Picks
    PASS OR FAIL, BIG WEEKEND
    Big Dave's Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Biff good to see you back on this year. Its been a long year without football and bball completely wrecked my payroll. Wife wont let me bet anymore which sucks but im posting without betting so maybe my luck will change. Anyhow BOL this year with your picks and ill follow your progress throughout the year. Maybe ill be good for some helpful info sometime this year. Thanks again, Big Dave

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    best of luck, mr. biff t. financial.
    let's stack 'em like pancakes in 2012!
    keep burying coffee cans full of cash...
    hahahahahah good luck, brah!
    what's up, blackeyeshamus, great to see ya. only safe place to keep your loot is in coffee can. why? woman will never pick up a shovel. let's get em this fall, hope that all is great with you. anxiously awaiting your next vid, dude.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave's Picks View Post
    Hey Biff good to see you back on this year. Its been a long year without football and bball completely wrecked my payroll. Wife wont let me bet anymore which sucks but im posting without betting so maybe my luck will change. Anyhow BOL this year with your picks and ill follow your progress throughout the year. Maybe ill be good for some helpful info sometime this year. Thanks again, Big Dave
    hey, Big Dave, good to see you, pal. sorry to hear about the restrictions, but a happy home is the most important thing. i've had to deal with such issues myself. never lost the rent money, but sure as shit have lost my temper. at any rate, you don't have to bet to cap and talk games so hope to see you around plenty. sharing helpful information and talking games is the #2 purpose of this thread (keeping an honest record is #1).

Big Dave's Picks

LOL Couldnt agree with you more Biff on both purposes and the happy home. BOL sir and ill follow brother and thanks again Biff. Big Dave

BiffTFinancial

okay, boys, i did indeed unload on Sparty at betus with my wager insurance. i'm down on Sparty for a nickle++, but keeping it at 3* since that's what i have on it in money i can actually lose. kinda bummed that i won't be able to see all of it since i'll be at Tribe game, but then again, Tribe could be down 8-0 in the 2nd with Ubaldo on the mound and we might move on to Sparty early. anyway, BOL to all tonight. gotta get some stuff done then heading to pregame happy hour.

Big Dave's Picks

Hey Biff do listen to Kiley and Booms musch on The Fan. They used to be syndicated on Fox here in KY until they got fired abt 8 years ago. I just recently found them again in Cleveland on the internet. I think they are hillarious.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave's Picks View Post
    Hey Biff do listen to Kiley and Booms musch on The Fan. They used to be syndicated on Fox here in KY until they got fired abt 8 years ago. I just recently found them again in Cleveland on the internet. I think they are hillarious.
    i have not heard them. when it comes to non-music, i listen mostly to Stern but in the fall i also listen to a ton of Bill King (sirius 91) on my drive in then catch up on Stern on the replay at night. Bill King is hands down my favorite person to listen to talk college football. i will have to check out Kiley and Booms sometime on the Fan, thanks for the tip.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Good luck this season Biff

I am leaning towards VT myself

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

jeeeeeez ESPN is loving on Penn State so much.....this whole "comeback momentum"/"remain penn state loyal" reporting is starting to scare me lol..... is this what vegas wants?? ahhhhhh its ******* with my head. i agree a teaser would be safest

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Without looking into the game, I was leaning PSU. I think they are so fired up to defend jopa and the university that they play well this first game. I think they fall apart shortly after this first week.

BiffTFinancial

3* Sparty -6' (-105) - LOSER

fk me sideways. Sparty broke my hearty. oh well, at least the Tribe put on a great performance. seats were the . second row right over Bill Welke's right shoulder. not safe seats if lefties pitching. gorgeous night to sit outside and talk baseball. had thoughts of upping Buckeyes, Ohio U to 2*, but not going to start season out chasing that loss.

1234 ... Last