lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

why was penn st let off so lightly?

Football program should have been banned for 10 years at least. $ 60 mil penalty means fukk all. Its just a big #. School should be relgated to ncaa-div 2.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Lightly

That was a Jesse Jackson Shakedown...

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Lightly? You admittedly don't watch college sports so you have no idea the effects all this will have on PSU football.

This was basically just as bad as the death penalty. The program is just as devastated.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

It's going to be interesting to see how many kids transfer.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Team buried for a decade because of this. Feel bad for alum from 98-11 though. Played like warriors only to be basically appear as if they never played.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

At first it seems light, IMO. 60 mil is a decent hit, the wins being taken away are as symbolic as anything and even after all sanctions were listed, the people at Penn were most upset about the wins being taken away.

When you get down to it though, this is far worse than the death penalty. Penn St. wont be back for a long time, they wont be able to recruit.

Their coach is there for as long as he wants to currently. Nobody will want to be hired on there.

Peen St. is done,

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Shoulda got death penalty.

PickWinnerAllDay

Big 10 should kick PSU out and throw whatever they have to at ND to get it done for once.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Theyre fukked for a generation.....there's still a decent chance the big ten kicks them out though. Need 9 of 12 votes

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Theyre fukked for a generation.....there's still a decent chance the big ten kicks them out though. Need 9 of 12 votes
    Nobody likes PSU in the Big 10 from my experience. Never really a member... just an outcast. I think they'll get kicked out. They bring nothing to the table with basketball or football or baseball.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

They are done. Who would go there? TT is devastated he never got a chance to play in showers as a fat little warrior.
    Points Awarded:

boeing power gave Grits n' Gravy 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: boeing power, Naz18, and SteelRain

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    They are done. Who would go there? TT is devastated he never got a chance to play in showers as a fat little warrior.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

One of the most devastating punishments to the program is the loss of 20 scholarships. Do you know how hard it will be for them to be competitive at all with 75% of what everyone else is working with?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Nobody likes PSU in the Big 10 from my experience. Never really a member... just an outcast. I think they'll get kicked out. They bring nothing to the table with basketball or football or baseball.
    Yeah, the Big Ten has dropped some hints about it over the past few weeks.......And if they don't get kicked out they're going to be stomped for years week in and week out......They might compete against Indiana and Minnesota......Maybe

PickWinnerAllDay

Big 10 officials will be making sure they go 0-8 in the Big 10 this year anyway if they are allowed to stay in. I hope there are some low line games with Indiana or Minnesota... I'm going huge on Minnesota/Indiana/Iowa/etc... they'll get all the calls.

Just like Nebraska got every call last year against PSU

lakerboy

No punishment would fit the crime. I have a very close family member who was sexually abused and raped as a 7 year girl.

Trust me this is light punishment.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No punishment would fit the crime. I have a very close family member who was sexually abused and raped as a 7 year girl.

Well those whom actually should be punished, one has life in prison the other is dead. What else should be done? Punish the students who pay to go there? Punish the fan base? What is your angle? One man brought an entire legacy to its knees.

PickWinnerAllDay

If their goal was to punish people who are dead, in jail, or will be in jail soon, they are fighting a losing battle.

They basically just punished innocent players, alums, students, and new coaches. It is all silly in my book.
    Points Awarded:

chaka gave PickWinnerAllDay 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Trust me I'm on your side,

But at least Sandusky will die in prison.

In Canada he would get 20 months in jail.

In this case Americans do it right.

lakerboy

Jo pa is the biggest fraud of all times. He died before he could see his punishments.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Jo pa is the biggest fraud of all times. He died before he could see his punishments.
    Again, that's the problem. All of the punishment now swallows up a program full of people post-Weekend at Bernie's.

PickWinnerAllDay

Sandusky ruined the program in my book.

To be honest, this news leaking about Sandusky would have buried Penn State even if they handled it correctly.

You guys can argue it wouldn't have... but once this story hit the news about the showers and the coach and all that, PSU would have taken a major, major recruiting hit and been far from elite for a long time.

They swept it under the rug to avoid it...

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

What they got is worse than the death penalty. It could take up to a decade for them to fully recover from the impact of not being able to develop players through a lack of scholarships and recruits wanting to play in bowl games.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

The AD whom JoPa told about the pedophile is responsible as well as Mcqueery for not bashing the pedophiles head into the shower wall. JoPa is as well but those two held just as much power in my book within the entire situation. The entire staff and athletic boar should get at least 10 in prison for knowing and doing nothing. Not the football team that currently has and had nothing to do with it.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

To be honest, this news leaking about Sandusky would have buried Penn State even if they handled it correctly.

You guys can argue it wouldn't have... but once this story hit the news about the showers and the coach and all that, PSU would have taken a major, major recruiting hit and been far from elite for a long time.

It would have buried them.....for like a year or 2. They could have easily spun it though as being heroes if they stopped it initially and donated to child abuse causes, etc.

No getting out of this one.....buried for eternity

And either way it's a ridiculous way to look at it.....How do you sweep THAT under the rug and then see Sandusky at practices with a new child and just let that go?? It's fukkin sick.....

PickWinnerAllDay

If Mike McQueerball had some balls, he goes straight to the REAL police and tells him everything in full detail.

If that happened, PSU program is recovering right now, Joe Pa is probably alive... Sandusky already been in jail for 14 years, probably killed himself by now.

Thanks a lot, Mike, ya fire crotch bastard!

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Youre 100% correct

And Paterno chose the program over stopping child abuse.

He got off easy with cancer, the fukin coward.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The AD whom JoPa told about the pedophile is responsible as well as Mcqueery for not bashing the pedophiles head into the shower wall. JoPa is as well but those two held just as much power in my book within the entire situation. The entire staff and athletic boar should get at least 10 in prison for knowing and doing nothing. Not the football team that currently has and had nothing to do with it.
    They should tie them all up in a fukkin cell and let a bunch of monster black prisoners have their way for as long as they want......prison guards can look the other way and sweep it under the rug

lakerboy

I might kill sandusky myself.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Youre 100% correct

And Paterno chose the program over stopping child abuse.

He got off easy with cancer, the fukin coward.
    Awful decision, no question... But ultimately I still blame the sick bastard that felt the need to do it 99% of it. Joe Pa did a lot of good with charity, think all the good and all the bad even out personally, so in my mind, he has no legacy anymore.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Big 10 should kick PSU out and throw whatever they have to at ND to get it done for once.
    Big 10 doesn't have enough money to get ND to join.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    They should tie them all up in a fukkin cell and let a bunch of monster black prisoners have their way for as long as they want......prison guards can look the other way and sweep it under the rug
    From what I read, even the CO's in lock up look the other way when the pedophiles are getting buried. Prisoners don't take kindly to child abusers, especially sexual predators. Sandusky will get his day, don't worry about that. That sick fukk will be used like a fukkin blow up doll and rightfully so.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Big 10 doesn't have enough money to get ND to join.
    ND just full of shit. Big 10 has more money than ANY conference.

cjwatsonfan32
    Emma Mackey does it for me and idk why
    cjwatsonfan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

This is worse than the death penalty. Do i think its fair? Hard to say either way. Since this is the first of its kind, there really has been no set precedent for punishment. No question something had to be done, but a lot of lives who had nothing to do with this are affected. $60 million that can't be taken away from athletic scholarships, has to come from a fund that will affect current students, which is extremely unfair. As for wins taken away from Joe Paterno...all for it. But remember he was one coach. There were 85 players every season from 1998-2011 that had no idea of the criminal acts going on, and yet they are paying for it. I feel extremely bad for the victims of these terrible crimes, but to then start going ballistic with punishments that affect others who had nothing to do with the molestation, is kind of rash and unfair. The men behind this are either dead, in jail, or going to jail. Why it affects future students and student athletes is something that doesn't make much sense to me.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Joe Pa is easily most to blame besides obviously Sandusky.....If he wanted something done/looked into more at Penn St, it fukkin happened......If he wanted something kept quiet and swept under the rug, especially involving a football coach, it fukkin happened at Penn St

No one had any balls and it starts with Joe Pa.....It's fukkin sick how many people knew of Sanduskys actions and watched him "hang out" around campus with new random young boys.....WTF

123 Last