jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    hmmmm... this is the first sign of being a sociopath. seek help immediately.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Goat is a sociopath huh? He doesn't need to seek help, society is who needs help from him.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

wtf are you talking about? only cowards and small prick douches abuse kids and animals.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Lol goat that's funny.

Hey twiz how are you?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

So funny how they eat the same ice cream cone as the dog but are too lazy to have a kid cause they have to change its diaper.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I'm not pretending to be inside conference rooms when decisions are made. My point is, that if you think conferences are determined on factors other than sports you're delusional. Sports/Money. The educational system and faculty mean much much less.
    Then stop pretending you know what you are talking about when you obviously don't. I teach at a university and I know how these things work and can assure you that athletics are far less important than someone who posts on a sports gambling forum might think.

Yes absolutely athletics are important but that is not why Penn St is in the B10. PSU is in the B10 because of the research it produces. It has a specific research profile that is unmatched by almost every other university in the USA. Haven't you noticed that all the B10 schools are large research institutions (cf. Northwestern which doesn't have a large enrollment but a major research university) with hundreds of millions of dollars in research expidentures? Did not you notice that Boise St was not invited in the Pac-10 b/c it does not have the research profile to be in that conference even though it was a perfect geographic fit and that they were only invited to participate in the BEast for athletics?

Universities like PSU would rather shut down their athletic programs 100% of the time if it meant keeping their status as research universities. Research brings in way way more money than athletics. Most athletic programs, outside of fball and basketball, are broke.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

shit has be goin on for years, been covered up for years, hard to believe this was the first time in the NCAA, how about

all the pedophiles, in the 40's 50's 60's etc......no internet, little tv, print media 3 days old.....coach's, priest's, doctor's were revered, back in those days......if I went home and told my parents one of these guys abused me, they would not have believed it.......it would have taken a lot of hard evidence.....that was the way it was in the sixties,.......in those days pervs went to reform school, .....do not know what they did to "diddlers"......think they went into asylums...at the boy's club we all had to swim bare-ass in that time, never could figure that one out
    Last edited by JR007; 07-25-12 at 06:40 PM.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

The northeast isn't a stronghold for the NCAA like the midwest and south. They were never going to give penn st. the death penalty.

The scandal is a death penalty in itself. It'll take 20 yrs for people to stop associating penn st. with Sandusky.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    The northeast isn't a stronghold for the NCAA like the midwest and south. They were never going to give penn st. the death penalty.

The scandal is a death penalty in itself. It'll take 20 yrs for people to stop associating penn st. with Sandusky.
    Definitely agree. Amazing that one freak who gets horny over kids can destroy so many lives and a football program on the side.

First 123