SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Notre Dame -6.5

Notre Dame -6.5

Many will tell you that the Irish aren't all they're cracked up to be, and that their defense will be their Achilles Heel this season.

That might be true in some respects, but the Irish are clearly better than the Yellow Jackets who will most likely win their six to seven games again this season and go on to play in a mid tiered bowl game.
    Notre Dame -6.5

Notre Dame is in the mix for the National Championship, and won't be looking to just get the job done in this spot. HC Charlie Weis knows he's venturing into a hornets nest, and he will have his men ready for what's in store.

The Irish are many pundits pre-season darlings, and are being asked to cover a TD spread by their backers in this spot. That really doesn't look like much to ask of this outfit in my humble opinion. GTECH QB Reggie Ball won't be able to get the job done with so much riding on this game, and the Jackets rushing attack won't be successful enough to keep the chains moving and keep the potent Irish offense on the sideline. Speaking of the Irish attack, look for it to hum right out of the gates and take it to the GTECH secondary that does boast an All ACC performer in Kenny Scott but not much else in the experience department.

The Jackets are 0-5 SU and ATS their L/5 contests when installed as a home pup, and I'm looking for the Irish to show it's the dominant team right from the opening kick-off.

Game Time: 9/2/2006 8:00:00 PM

Play: Notre Dame Fighting Irish

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

if I bet this game (which I'm not), this would be the side I'd take...