Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Why isn't Temple listed at -10

I don't understand this line being where it is.

Temple's defense is legit and Ohio's DL is banged up.

Temple got embarassed last week. Good. That means it doesn't happen this week.

TEMPLE -3.5
    $$$

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Better to just play under and cash, no? Temple schizo right now.

Machine Choice

Something tells me ....I don't know what it is...intuition I guess...tomorrow Temple is gonna roll. They are gonna come on the field pissed off.

Machine Choice

Watch Temple's defense in this video, where they beat Ball State 42-0.

(BTW, Ball State beat Ohio).

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Come on machine. Why even throw in that ball st. beat Ohio. I respect you as a capper, but you should know that means nothing. Texas tech beat Oklahoma and then lost to Iowa St. So Iowa St is better than Oklahoma? Of course not. Anyways, I'm with you on temple because of the other situations presented.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    Come on machine. Why even throw in that ball st. beat Ohio.
    Because Temple beat BAll St 42-0. If you don't think that's relevant, then we disagree.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Do you guys know what Temple's RB's state is? Isn't he hurting?

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Only guy listed on the injury report is their OL pat broyle.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    He had hamstring tightness in the last game and still ran the rock for 107 yards.

That game was 10 days ago. He ain't a geriatric, this kid is auditioniing for the NFL.

He'll be drugged, rubbed, wrapped and ready to go.

Bernard Pierce: 18 rushing TD's, 5.1 ypc, 115 yards per game (147 against Maryland).

Machine Choice

Here's the trend that caught my attention: Temple bounces back HARD after losses.

Lost to Penn State
    The next week: beat Maryland 38-7

Lost to Toledo
    The next week: beat Ball State 42-0

Last week lost to Bowling Green
    This week: $$

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Ohio beat kent St.....Bowling green beat Temple......Kent St beat Bowling Green....what do this mean....NOTHING.... WHY -3.5 well vegas knows the average square never learns and cant help but take it at
    -3.5 Temple here its to tempting they have to take it.....that is not nice.
    Last edited by Pickma$ter; 11-02-11 at 04:15 AM.

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

If Ohio can play + turnover game they will win this game. Ohio is live dog tomorrow. QB play is critical vs Temple and Ohio has a decent QB, teams that have an offense have given Temple problems. Ohio is a very balanced team and will be able to score on Temple. Based off the O/U #'s the Over is a good bet...since Ohio will score and Temple will score to.
    Last edited by Pickma$ter; 11-02-11 at 04:22 AM.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Pickma$ter View Post
    teams that have an offense have given Temple problems.
    The only offense that has given Temple any problems was Toledo, which should be expected since Toledo has scored on everyone this year including Ohio State and Syracuse

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Sometime this week you'd think a fav would cover. We've had two FB games with both dogs. Is tonight a dog night too?

Betn247
    Past succes doesnt equal future results
    Betn247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    I don't understand this line being where it is. Temple's defense is legit and Ohio's DL is banged up. Temple got embarassed last week. Good. That means it doesn't happen this week. TEMPLE -3.5 $$$
    How did Toledo work out for ya last night............you keep trying to force it in games that dont matter.......just let it come to you

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    Come on machine. Why even throw in that ball st. beat Ohio. I respect you as a capper, but you should know that means nothing. Texas tech beat Oklahoma and then lost to Iowa St. So Iowa St is better than Oklahoma? Of course not. Anyways, I'm with you on temple because of the other situations presented.

1 game could be an anomaly but 3 common opponents usually helps a bit

Quote Originally Posted by spladle08 View Post
    ..... Common opponents include Buffalo, Ball State, and Akron, who Temple outscored 117-3 (winning all 3 games obviously) while Ohio, went 94-81 dropping 2 of the 3 contests (Ball State/Buffalo) wow...
    But even if you ignore those games, Temple should be favored on both sides of the ball, I think they will crush.....
    I make these drunk bets and then have to justify my play the next day its pretty terrible

SugarDaddy
    SugarDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Machine you do a great job on here and I like your reasoning, but not sure I can pull the trigger on Temple. Also the cool night air in Athens is not going to help that hammy. This line just seems weird. If I play I think it would be the under or the Bobcats. I am 2-2 on MAC games (last Night's over brought me back to .500). Crazy Crooked Conference. I may just lay off

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm actually with Machine on this one, and that is rare.

I think Temple rolls them. I would be surprised if this one is as close as many here think.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

All these dogs winning outright has people fooled. Temple rolls tonight.

TheProdigy8199
    TheProdigy8199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Ohio always plays Temple hard. Last year with Temple listed as a 10 pt favorite at home they lost to Ohio by 8 pts. The year before that Temple was favored by 2 and they lost that game by 17. It seems that everytime these 2 teams play Ohio has had Temple's number. This is a Wednesday night game, being played in the cold in Ohio...the line is begging for people to take Temple.

Temple's pass game is almost non-existant, they are predominately a rushing team gaining most of their yards on the ground and with their stud running back nursing a hamstring injury, they are going to have to hope for a big game from their 2nd string back in order to stay in this game. their defense has played well ( 2nd in FBS in points allowed ) which has helped to take the pressure off of their offense. Ohio is an extemely balanced team that both runs and passes the ball well. Ohio is also only allow about 115 rushing yards per game on defense. If Ohio can keep the Temple running game in check and force some 3rd down and longs, Temple could struggle to get points on the board.

Temple on paper seems like the better team, but Ohio has always matched up well with them. I wouldn't expect a shootout tonight, but with points probably coming at a premium, I would have to go with the team that will have an easier time throwing the ball in 3rd down situations. I'd take Ohio +3.5 ( buy up to 4 ) and the Under....

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Lets get temple tonight brother...
    Temple has played a tougher schedule so far, has a better defence, Ohio U actually owns them h2h in earlier seasons but who what that means...

Machine Choice

I'm going to keep backing the better teams in each matchup, come what may. I'm not backing the Ohio Bobcats (and their 145th-ranked SOS...there are FCS teams with tougher schedules so far) against a team that has stared down Penn State's defense and destroyed Maryland on the road. Sorry, just not happening. If I lose, I deal with it. But the Bobcats don't deserve shit until they prove something.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

No team in the MAC is severely better than the other though. Any team can be beaten on any night.b if the "better team" always won wouldn't we all be rich?
    Last edited by Bengals28; 11-02-11 at 09:43 AM. Reason: I

SugarDaddy
    SugarDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I'm going to keep backing the better teams in each matchup, come what may. I'm not backing the Ohio Bobcats (and their 145th-ranked SOS...there are FCS teams with tougher schedules so far) against a team that has stared down Penn State's defense and destroyed Maryland on the road. Sorry, just not happening. If I lose, I deal with it. But the Bobcats don't deserve shit until they prove something.

Again, good reasoning and analysis, MAC is just Wacky!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

No wonder you've been struggling lately.

Machine Choice

I'm going to keep backing the better teams in each matchup, come what may.
    With the added note: as long as there is value in the line.

leetreaper

Thinking about teasing Temple and Under, def gives a better value IMHO...

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

These weekday night games are different for teams. Usually these are saturday afternoon games. Kinda lazy today to try do some handicapping might just follow someone, maybe that is. I'll probably do a touch of research.

Anyone been keeping track of the over/unders on weekday games?
    Last edited by thfootball; 11-02-11 at 10:25 AM.

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    No wonder you've been struggling lately.
    You win the award for biggest Douche on the forum.

leetreaper

They def have no pattern thf

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by Seaton420 View Post
    You win the award for biggest Douche on the forum.
    Its been known already...

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

7 point favorite at Temple last year and lost outright.

iuryan
    iuryan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gentelman,

The more and more I look it seems the UNDER is the only play on this game. Great preview by beat writers found here:

http://www.the700level.com/11/01/11/...56&feedID=8510

What am I missing?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

First, you guys who insist on wagering on meaningless MAC games because they are on Television are just begging to give your money to the books. Look at last night's fiasco between NIU and Toledo. The problem with Temple is NOT their defense, but their offense. In two of their three losses, the defense gave up 14 and 13 points, but the offense could only score 10 points. This game also sets up very well for Ohio on a Technical basis, having covered the last three games against Temple, being 5-0 ATS after the Akron game, 7-1 ATS at home off a double diget ATS Win, and 6-1 ATS on weekday games. Temple is 1-5 ATS when they play weekday games, and 0-7 as a favorite with rest. That is why you pass on this game.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    First, you guys who insist on wagering on meaningless MAC games because they are on Television are just begging to give your money to the books. Look at last night's fiasco between NIU and Toledo. The problem with Temple is NOT their defense, but their offense. In two of their three losses, the defense gave up 14 and 13 points, but the offense could only score 10 points. This game also sets up very well for Ohio on a Technical basis, having covered the last three games against Temple, being 5-0 ATS after the Akron game, 7-1 ATS at home off a double diget ATS Win, and 6-1 ATS on weekday games. Temple is 1-5 ATS when they play weekday games, and 0-7 as a favorite with rest. That is why you pass on this game.

123 Last