brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Missouri Looks Like The Best Dog This Week

Mizzou might be the best 3-3 team in the country, with all 3 losses by an average of 8 points against 3 ranked teams. They even played a 10 point game on the road against a mighty Oklahoma team. Mizzou is actually a solid all around team - good passing game, good run game and respectable defense. I see a 38-35 type game here either way

Anybody here with a good read on this game??

Dime Time
    Dime Time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Mizzou might be the best 3-3 team in the country, with all 3 losses by an average of 8 points against 3 ranked teams. They even played a 10 point game on the road against a mighty Oklahoma team. Mizzou is actually a solid all around team - good passing game, good run game and respectable defense. I see a 38-35 type game here either way

Anybody here with a good read on this game??
    I think your read is dead on in this game, I think the Cowboys will be lucky to get out of there with the W.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Mizzou might be the best 3-3 team in the country, with all 3 losses by an average of 8 points against 3 ranked teams. They even played a 10 point game on the road against a mighty Oklahoma team. Mizzou is actually a solid all around team - good passing game, good run game and respectable defense. I see a 38-35 type game here either way Anybody here with a good read on this game??
    I took OK St. early in the week for 4 of my units. I'm starting to question it more and more though. I might end up making a cancellation bet on Mizzou and just eating the juice. I hate it when this happens.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

iowa state +885

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Missouri Looks Like The Best Dog This Week

aimgator
    aimgator's Avatar Become A Pro!

Missouri beat Miami of Ohio by 11 points... scoring 17 points..... i think they are down 3 starters on defense for this gamne.

ill roll with the undefeated team with #2 offense in the nation... then hoping Missouri keeps it close.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by aimgator View Post
    Missouri beat Miami of Ohio by 11 points... scoring 17 points..... i think they are down 3 starters on defense for this gamne. ill roll with the undefeated team with #2 offense in the nation... then hoping Missouri keeps it close.

that game was a while ago though, look at their offensive production ever since - they scored 28 points on the road against a vastly superior OU defense

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

This was my sleeper pick.

I feel like I know Big 12 football pretty well.

Road game. It's early. OSU fans around here keep talking about the OU game. OSU coming off big win at Texas......

Mizzou can run the ball, plays defense, and their QB can scramble.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

that game was a while ago though, look at their offensive production ever since - they scored 28 points on the road against a vastly superior OU defense
    i will tell you what i think, tho you won't listen anyways. we are going to have problems with this young d facing a mobile qb for the first time so far...and that kid can make some plays. ostate is scoring on mizzou just like they have on everyone else. if mizzou slips at all then you know there is prolly not much hope for a backdoor cover against a team that don't stop scoring. i think mizzou could beat us str8 up if all goes well for them, but there are just too many questions. the weather is ok and there is not much wind...why even bother with the spread? mizzou scores 24+ in this game most likely...over should be easy.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    i will tell you what i think, tho you won't listen anyways. we are going to have problems with this young d facing a mobile qb for the first time so far...and that kid can make some plays. ostate is scoring on mizzou just like they have on everyone else. if mizzou slips at all then you know there is prolly not much hope for a backdoor cover against a team that don't stop scoring. i think mizzou could beat us str8 up if all goes well for them, but there are just too many questions. the weather is ok and there is not much wind...why even bother with the spread? mizzou scores 24+ in this game most likely...over should be easy.

look at oklahoma state's last 8 road games on the total

their road games just never go over, it's so strange. They played Texas Tech last year on the road in a game that should have had 90 points...and it had 51

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    This was my sleeper pick.

I feel like I know Big 12 football pretty well.

Road game. It's early. OSU fans around here keep talking about the OU game. OSU coming off big win at Texas......

Mizzou can run the ball, plays defense, and their QB can scramble.
    i think we usually agree man, but if you think ostate is already looking ahead to the ou game then you are way off. they may get beat tomm because mizzou is a quality team from top to bottom, but it would have nothing to do with the ou game. to base a bet on that is reaching at best. if mizzou can get the ball down the field deep a little then they have a great chance, if not then the ostate d will make enough plays to win the game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I'm proud of you brahma.

sandman0713

i think tech usually doesn't score for like the entire first half against us, but then come out in the 2nd and we can't score...tech is always a close and funny game. mizzou will score some man...i am certain of that. haven't looked at it as far as numbers or injuries because i don't bet my team, but someone said mizzou had some starters out on d...not that ostate wouldn't have scored anyways. if mizzou has any chance at all to cover then this goes over in the 3rd quarter...my opinion. gl either way.

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    I took OK St. early in the week for 4 of my units. I'm starting to question it more and more though. I might end up making a cancellation bet on Mizzou and just eating the juice. I hate it when this happens.

Don't do it. Ok State gets the late cover

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

I love ok st this year. They will cover this no problem.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    i think we usually agree man, but if you think ostate is already looking ahead to the ou game then you are way off. they may get beat tomm because mizzou is a quality team from top to bottom, but it would have nothing to do with the ou game. to base a bet on that is reaching at best. if mizzou can get the ball down the field deep a little then they have a great chance, if not then the ostate d will make enough plays to win the game.
    Do you not think that Bedlam may start becoming a distraction for both teams? I have hard time believing that 18-22 year old kids aren't already thinking about that game.

Anyway, I don't like Mizzou to cover here for that reason alone.

OSU was -7 last week at Texas and they are -7 this week at Mizzou. Mizzou is a lot better team than Texas but public percecption is that Texas the better team. I have a feeling that Vegas gets back what money they lost last weekend.

Do you not think this is a let down game? Winning at Texas is a big deal for OSU regardless of how good they are. Mizzou is a better team and I feel like they are catching OSU in a good spot.

Mizzou has a good defense. I don't expect them to shut OSU down but I expect them to slow them down a little. I also think that Mizzou might be able to control some clock with their running game and their QB that has the ability to scramble.

I have a feeling OSU will pull out a win something like 30-24. It will be a struggle but they'll make enough plays.

OSU will not cover the spread and this game will not come close to going over.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Lou Holtz, just called the upset Missouri ..... I hope not

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for putting the hex on my biggest play of the week.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Do you not think that Bedlam may start becoming a distraction for both teams? I have hard time believing that 18-22 year old kids aren't already thinking about that game.

Anyway, I don't like Mizzou to cover here for that reason alone.

OSU was -7 last week at Texas and they are -7 this week at Mizzou. Mizzou is a lot better team than Texas but public percecption is that Texas the better team. I have a feeling that Vegas gets back what money they lost last weekend.

Do you not think this is a let down game? Winning at Texas is a big deal for OSU regardless of how good they are. Mizzou is a better team and I feel like they are catching OSU in a good spot.

Mizzou has a good defense. I don't expect them to shut OSU down but I expect them to slow them down a little. I also think that Mizzou might be able to control some clock with their running game and their QB that has the ability to scramble.

I have a feeling OSU will pull out a win something like 30-24. It will be a struggle but they'll make enough plays.

OSU will not cover the spread and this game will not come close to going over.
    this is my last post on this. i am not betting it, so i don't really care about anything but us winning...6-3 is fine with me. IN MY OPINION you are making way too much of mizzou. this is the weakest d we have faced in big 12 this year outside of kansas. they gave up 500 yds to zona state and got ripped thru the air. ou didn't have all their weapons and didn't even play in the first half, but they managed 450 passing against them and almost 600 overall. there is a big difference between playing good d against kstate and iowa state and w illinois and miami ohio then there is against ou and osu. people can say all they want about texas, but the truth is that the texas d is the biggest and fastest and most athletic d we will face until ou last game. and finally...i don't know about 18-22 year old kids, but our qb is like 45 man...lol. osu will score 40+ unless they just can't get out of their own way. mizzou will score 24+ against our young d that hasn't faced a dual threat like this yet. you never know what can happen...but the over is the only play i see that makes sense. good luck with whatever tho boys...i'm not betting it.
    Last edited by sandman0713; 10-21-11 at 06:24 PM. Reason: s

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

My Two Cents ----- I like Ok St. Haven't bet them straight up, yet. Have them teased on a round robin @ - 1/2. I love it teased -6, hesitant straight up. I favor straight bets, but have been hot on teasing a handful of my top picks. Will keep it rolling till I cool off. Hopefully, Ok St is one of those handful of teams that you've been riding this year. They just cash tickets. I've always had a lot of respect for Weeden. Recently, they had a special on ESPN on the Ok St Cowboy football program. If you watched it, you would have came away impressed. Boone Pickens loves Cowboy Football. He's poured money into the school and program. What he's done to the facilities and made available to the football team is impressive. Weeden I believe is 28 years old and married. The dude has his shit together, is focused and more mature than any college qb I've ever seen. Blackmon is quiet and focused and probably one of the toughest guys to cover in college. Size, speed, great hands, I could only pray my nfl team would draft him.

Mizzu, has also done well for supporters. QB Franklin looks good , they have a well balanced team. If they play a perfect game, they could win. One could argue Cowboy D is soft. Cowboys still celebrating Texas win and so on. I think Cowboys are focused and taking this one game at a time. Weeden's maturity and team belief that this could be their best chance to win a Conf. title will keep them sharp.

I'm a big fan of Defense and love LSU and Bama's . Those guys are aggressive and they install fear in opposing O's. But sometimes the best Defense is a great Offense. I'll throw one stat at you- Weeden remains UNDEFEATED as a starter outside of Stillwater 9 - 0 SU/ATS. Cowboys # 2 both scoring and total O. Weeden hitting a eye opening 73% and 34 completions per game. People were screaming value last week with the Longhorns. Revenge, Home, always close and anything else they could think of. What did that get them? You could argue home and value with the Tigers, but do you really want to take less than a touchdown against this offense? I'm going to look at it some more and see how I do tonight. I'm in big on two early games and hate to have to much on the line in the early slot. I feel a little more confident in other games, but hate to get off the Cowboy train.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch