Wrestler31
    Wrestler31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Looks solid to me. Going to Parlay the under with that. Bol

knoxhawk03
    knoxhawk03's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vin you dont make any since. both offenses are atrocious???? I can understand your feeling about Penn St but how can you say that about Iowa?? Do you know anything about there Offense??? Top Receiving core in the big ten. Probably one of the best up and coming qb's in the big ten. They also have a good rb who was mvp of the bowl game last year. Look at the stats the offense has put up before you say its atrocious. There defense yes!!! But a Week off to get people healthy and let one of the best Defensive Coaches in college football work on its problems...This is going to be another win for Iowa.... About the offense for ya. 41 points against ISU.... 28 points in the final 20 mins against Pitt... 42 points in 3 quarters there last game.... When have you seen an Iowa offense do that??? 2002!! but not since.... Hawks 35 PSU 21

knoxhawk03

comp att yards td int

J. Vandenberg81 129 1095 10 1

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Fool

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iowa hasnt played a good defense yet. Wait and see

Houlihans. You are a douchebag. Move on jock strap.

Vin_vermillion

Anyone who names themself after a restaurant if obviously an idiot

Vin_vermillion

Iowa is 45th in the nation in yards per game. That is WITH an OT game and against the likes of la monroe, tennessee tech, iowa st and pitt( who they hardly scored against until the melt down in the 4th. They havent seen a defense like psu has. Trust me they arent good

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Pure Foolery

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

My comments have nothing to do with who wins this matchup or not.

Its all about what you said. It was nonesense. Nobody agrees with you, and it not worth arguing about.

Who covers the spread? Idk

Is what you posted nonesense? Judges say..... yess

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Penn State could win this game if they score 20+ points. Too bad their offense is boring and terrible at the same time. I don't see this happening. Iowa offense will score 20+, so I'd take Iowa plus the points.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Paterno needs to rotate his lenses around so he can see and be sure not to look into the sun or his corneas will fry

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    My comments have nothing to do with who wins this matchup or not.

Its all about what you said. It was nonesense. Nobody agrees with you, and it not worth arguing about.

Who covers the spread? Idk

Is what you posted nonesense? Judges say..... yess

and are you an idiot....the judges say-----hell ya....congrats moron

knoxhawk03

We have put points on the board at least unlike psu. What have they done against temple, Indiana? Take the points with the better team and coach!!!

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by knoxhawk03 View Post
    Vin you dont make any since. both offenses are atrocious???? I can understand your feeling about Penn St but how can you say that about Iowa?? Do you know anything about there Offense??? Top Receiving core in the big ten. Probably one of the best up and coming qb's in the big ten. They also have a good rb who was mvp of the bowl game last year. Look at the stats the offense has put up before you say its atrocious. There defense yes!!! But a Week off to get people healthy and let one of the best Defensive Coaches in college football work on its problems...This is going to be another win for Iowa.... About the offense for ya. 41 points against ISU.... 28 points in the final 20 mins against Pitt... 42 points in 3 quarters there last game.... When have you seen an Iowa offense do that??? 2002!! but not since.... Hawks 35 PSU 21
    you are obviously smarter than the linesmakers here, and they have made a huge mistake that will be exposed saturday. you should unload on iowa man. in every forum i have looked at yesterday and today there are people shouting about this being the easiest play of the day. it is being called a "lock" and "easy money", and it is tough to find anyone on penn state...yet the early line movement is away from you.

sandman0713

btw...as stated earlier, i don't care who wins. i am playing under 44. the penn state d is a top 5 d. they stay on the field the entire game but don't give up shit...not even to bama. the 350 total yards and 27 points is the best anyone has done against them btw. as a matter of fact, they are the only team to crack 300 yards on them...and 2 teams couldn't manage 200. like i said...who cares who wins as long as it is under 44.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by knoxhawk03 View Post
    We have put points on the board at least unlike psu. What have they done against temple, Indiana? Take the points with the better team and coach!!!

fan talk pure and simple. not saying iowa doesn't cover, but you don't bet your own team man.

knoxhawk03

This is my lock! Iowa is a better team and these players have already beat psu at happy valley!!! Coming off of a bye week and going back to kirks neck of the woods, this is a lock! If Iowa would lose, previous years prove they usually don't lose by more than 3. Take the +4 to the bank!!!

knoxhawk03

I know when to bet my team and when not to! That's why I lay off every year on isu and when they play Osu!

knoxhawk03

The under is usually a lock with psu and especially with Iowa. Just scares me with this new offense iowa is trying to run and will be something psu has never seen out of Iowa... Game honestly should go over because iowa's d gives up points...

sandman0713

lock it up then man. all i can say is gl with that. i don't really care much about this game either way besides the under. i have watched penn state against some very bad d's look just awful. i honestly can't see them scoring more than 2 tds on anyone. i also don't really expect iowa to blow up a d that bama even had problems with.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    oh - and sandman...i would be careful on that under. If there is anything bad about Iowa - it is their defense.
    Their D isn't bad -- just slow. Not as good as it typically is, but not sub-par either. Just a little down by their standards.

TroyGreen
    TroyGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I just read that the coach of Iowa (Ferentz) is 8-1 lifetime against Penn St. Now the kids are the ones who have to play the game but that's an impressive record. Iowa is also 8-2 ATS the last 10 vs Penn St. Even the years that Penn St were a top team Iowa would beat them.

What is the deal with Penn States two QB system? If both equally are playing below par why don't they just stick with one? To me it seems they are killing any potential for one QB to break out and get hot by switching back and forth.

After watching the Penn St Indiana game I would be very surprised if Penn St beat Iowa. If Iowa scores over 25 I don't think Penn St can keep pace with that. I will say that Indiana played Penn St better than their record indicated on defense but Iowa plays better football than Indiana overall.

I would take Iowa +3.5 and Under 45.
    Last edited by TroyGreen; 10-06-11 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Changed "take Iowa -3.5 to +3.5"

TroyGreen

Penn St all D no O

sorry for the double post..
    Last edited by TroyGreen; 10-05-11 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Double Post

Noles19
    Noles19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iowa will win easily here. Penn State's offense is one of the worst in the country.

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

I see this way to much.....DONT CAP A GAME WITH YOUR EYES... the odds are STACKED against you. Do you think Vegas dosn't know what the perception of Penn St is ??? Come on guys sniff out these baited games and you'll be succesful more times then not. That being said does this mean vegas is correct everytime? No they are not, but they do have a certian amount of risk involved in bait games as you do, but they have DATA that we could only imagine we had in seconds and know way more about these teams then you would ever know. Vegas looses to but they win more than they will lose. If you are a professional capper and you handicapped this game in ? then its an easy pick... Penn St. Your eyes are your worst enemy when it comes to "amature capping". My intenions are not to put anyone down but to help others as I do this for a living. This is a classic trap game that vegas has complete faith in Penn state to cover and I do as well. Numbers dont lie and they lead to Penn St covering this spread. I dont claim to know everything and nor im I right on every outcome on every game but I do win enough to live off of it. Hey look Iowa could cover the spread come Saturday but the value is in Penn St. here.
    Last edited by Pickma$ter; 10-05-11 at 11:42 PM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Way too much conversation spent on a shit matchup that involves a team as irrelevant as Penn St.

EricZ116
    EricZ116's Avatar Become A Pro!

Penn State student... Been at every home game, and really think I have a good feel for this team. I think we'll pull this game out, I really do...

But the only wager I'd place on this game is to tease Iowa and the under. Put a unit on Iowa +10, under 52.

TroyGreen

Pickma$ter, I agree with you that perception is huge factor if not thee factor as to how lines are set. The funny thing is that the reason that I like this game is because the public perception is that Penn St is a better football school than Iowa. Just about every year Iowa is the dog and just about every year Iowa beats Penn St straight up. How many times does a team have to beat another team before they become the automatic favorite?

Penn St is a established north east football school. The north east has a huge population and if you play good football in that region people will follow you (and bet money on you). I would estimate that Penn St has a consistent betting base that guarantees a good portion of the handle towards Penn St just about every game.

I will believe that Penn St can beat Iowa when I see it. Until then I don't believe it. This could be the year but the last 10 years that hasn't been the case.

GemSportsPicks
    GemSportsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Penn State wins by 10 in this spot... Penn State has been awful all year, line opens at 2.5 and immediatley jumps to 4... This wasn't by accident... Only heavy heavy money plays lines that early and that big to make it move through significant number 3 that easily... I would wait till gametime, if the line remains above 3, Penn State rolls, if it falls back below 3 I'd just leave the game alone.

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

What I don't get is why vin is calling people idiots the guy is lucky to hit 50% in his thread putting him with everyone else.... It's all about winning your big plays

Vin_vermillion

I am above 50%. I only called one person an idiot and that person attscked me first.

I am up units which is more than i can say for a lot of cappers on this site....

sandman0713

i think this thread is long past being useful to anyone. everyone loves iowa here...not just in this forum but all over the web. a few of us think it is fishy...making us decide not to bet it or to go the other way. myself...i decided on the under. if you guys have money in your account then go bet the dam game already. i just don't understand the point of all the coming after each other and all that nonsense. if it is so easy then go bet it and move on. i will go ahead and say congrat's in advance if you win. the joy of taking money from your book should be all you need as a gambler though...all this chest beating and fighting are what i don't get.

Vin_vermillion

Lol. Good post sandman.

I'll shuddup now. I just dont get why people come after me when people smart off to me first. And Thats all i have to say about thAt

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Can't believe this movement. +4.5 now

Don't know of any injuries and no one is backing PSU

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Can't believe this movement. +4.5 now Don't know of any injuries and no one is backing PSU

First 12345 Last